Watt-Zeefuik

Watt-Zeefuik

DUNDEE United could make a shock move for Hibernian manager Alan Stubbs, according to the Daily Mail.

Stubbs is among the candidates at the top of United?s wish list as they look to replace Jackie McNamara, who was sacked on Saturday.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/rumour-mill-old-firm-england-move-inevitable-dundee-united-want-alan-stubbs-1-3903914

I find it hard to believe we'll be lucky enough to get to play against Stubbo so quickly. 

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/rumour-mill-old-firm-england-move-inevitable-dundee-united-want-alan-stubbs-1-3903914

I find it hard to believe we'll be lucky enough to get to play against Stubbo so quickly.

Lucky enough?? Unfortunately he managed to get the better of our manager in the derbies last season.

Imo of course.

Private Womble

Lucky enough?? Unfortunately he managed to get the better of our manager in the derbies last season.Imo of course.

Agreed

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Lucky enough?? Unfortunately he managed to get the better of our manager in the derbies last season.

Imo of course.

Yep, it's unfortunate for us they will probably be a much stronger unit when we face them. My bets on Stubbs doing well if he goes.

Nucky Thompson

As much as I like a good laugh at Hibs. Championship or not, the Hibs job is much bigger than Dundee Utd.

BangkokHearts

Hibs ain't coming up for years. He surely knows this and will jump ship at the earliest opportunity.

Welcome to Scotland's top tier Alan. 

Psychedelicropcircle

As much as I like a good laugh at Hibs. Championship or not, the Hibs job is much bigger than Dundee Utd.

Agreed.

As much as I like a good laugh at Hibs. Championship or not, the Hibs job is much bigger than Dundee Utd.

While I agree, Dundee Utd are an SPL club, while the 'wee team' are a championship side, no brainer.

Imo of course.

seems to do well in bigger games eg Aberdeen

but can't get his team to win games they should

no sign of that changing

what is the bigger problem?

I'd be amazed if he wanted to leave Hibs for Utd at the minute. Aside from the fact that Hibs are a bigger club, whoever gets the DU gig has a big rebuilding job on their hands. If I were Stubbs I'd be holding out for a much better move than this one.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I'd be amazed if he wanted to leave Hibs for Utd at the minute. Aside from the fact that Hibs are a bigger club, whoever gets the DU gig has a big rebuilding job on their hands. If I were Stubbs I'd be holding out for a much better move than this one.

On what possible grounds does Stubbs deserve a bigger job??

I'd be taking that job if I was Stubbs, another year and a half at least in the championship then having to rebuild and strengthen the team to make top 6 in the premier league or go to United, make them hard to beat until January, make a few signings then strengthen up in the summer for next season. He might not be the fans choices at United or be deserving of the move but he has to make his money as quickly as he did when he was a player

Unfortunately true.

He's probably aware that if Hibs don't go up this season, he's likely to face budget cuts next season, while being under even greater pressure to win promotion.  His ambitions are certain to be down South, so a step up to manage in the SPL will increase his visibility.  I'm sure if he's offered the job he will take it.

On what possible grounds does Stubbs deserve a bigger job??

Sorry, I don't think he does. I just meant that if I were him, I wouldn't be making a sideways move to DU. 

He's got a gig where it should be easy to look quite good. They ought to be able to play teams off the park and finish 2nd no bother. At some point, someone will probably mistake that for him being a good manager and offer him something. Better to hold out for that than take this - if there's any truth to it, which there probably isn't.

As much as I like a good laugh at Hibs. Championship or not, the Hibs job is much bigger than Dundee Utd.

I said the very same at work.

I honestly don't give a shite. Two shitey clubs who will neither benefit nor suffer from having a mutant goon like Stubbo. This has zero effect for Hearts.

Listening to John Hughes on the radio just now he has been careful not to deny an interest in the Dudee United job.

Talks about loving life in Inverness but very cagey conversation....from that he would take it if all things were equal

Watt-Zeefuik

Imo of course.

I think Stubbo can get his players to play the whole "passing, fluid football" thing but hasn't figured out how to translate that into wins.  In games that mattered to us, we got 5 points to their 2.  Even the game at Easter Road, which felt like a smash and grab job with the Alim Screamer, they spent a lot of time pissing around in the midfield, only amassed three shots on goal, and El Hass put a sitter straight to the keeper.

How many times has Stubbs lost a game and then said, "we were the better team" after it was done?  At some point do you start to think he doesn't actually know what being the better team actually looks like, so continues to be "the better team" and draw to St. Mirren or flop to Rangers?

Finlay James

Taking off the maroon tinted specs, Stubbs is still a terrible coach who I hope stays at Hibs for years. He managed to have them raise their game for the matches v us last season but we managed to make them look good rather than them being a decent side.

It'd would be crazy to touch Stubbs, he will end up in the English conference, he is that poor.

Malinga the Swinga

Imo of course.

what a load of garbage. In the derbies that mattered, we won one and drew 2. In the Derby that didn't matter, Hibs won. Why do people persist in posting this utter garbage when results, and that is all that counts, show the facts.

Private Womble

what a load of garbage. In the derbies that mattered, we won one and drew 2. In the Derby that didn't matter, Hibs won. Why do people persist in posting this utter garbage when results, and that is all that counts, show the facts.

All derbies matter, whether the league was won or not, this is the only thing Neilson can learn from Locke.

Buffalo Bill

Imo of course.

??

Honours even, or if you look at it in competitive terms, we won one, and drew two...the other a dead rubber game for us after the competition-element ended.

I think Stubbo can get his players to play the whole "passing, fluid football" thing but hasn't figured out how to translate that into wins. In games that mattered to us, we got 5 points to their 2. Even the game at Easter Road, which felt like a smash and grab job with the Alim Screamer, they spent a lot of time pissing around in the midfield, only amassed three shots on goal, and El Hass put a sitter straight to the keeper.

How many times has Stubbs lost a game and then said, "we were the better team" after it was done? At some point do you start to think he doesn't actually know what being the better team actually looks like, so continues to be "the better team" and draw to St. Mirren or flop to Rangers?

people say Stubbs "out thought" Robbie

but Hearts won 26 out of 28 games against the 7 teams other than Hibs and Rangers, the form that wins leagues, an amazing achievement

more thinking to do but seems to be beyond him

He's probably aware that if Hibs don't go up this season, he's likely to face budget cuts next season, while being under even greater pressure to win promotion.  His ambitions are certain to be down South, so a step up to manage in the SPL will increase his visibility.  I'm sure if he's offered the job he will take it.

If H1b5 don't come up this season, then I would expect Stubbs to resign or be sacked.

He's been telling the deluded ones that the are the best team in the league for 18 months.  He surely can't take 3 years to get promotion.

Guest C00l K1d

He's a good manager but I can't see him leaving hibs at the moment. If they fail to come up I think he might jack it in though, especially if there's other clubs after him.

queensferryjambo

Imo of course.

He won 1 derby out of 4..........................

We were better in both Tynecastle matches and they were better in both Easter Road.

Hardly got the better of Robbie over 4 tightly fought matches.

He won 1 derby out of 4..........................

We were better in both Tynecastle matches and they were better in both Easter Road.

Hardly got the better of Robbie over 4 tightly fought matches.

Now that is just lies.

Not sure if Utd have enough central midfield players for Stubbs to take the job at Utd

but he can say that they are the best team in the league if only he had time to build the team like everybody else.......

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Have to say, I thought Hibs played better than us in 3 of the four games last year. Doesn't feel good saying that but it's just the way I saw it.

2-1 We were better but their pressing was incredible.

1-1 They should have won but for Ozturk.

1-1 They were trying to win in the second half as we were holding onto the draw.

2-0 Abysmal from us. Malofeev-esque.

Spitonastranger

Imo of course.

1 win each and 2 draws. Their win coming when the league was rapped up

We were piss poor every derby last season.

Fact.

people giving far too much credit to Stubbs

we saw the familiar failing twice - not killing off games they should have won

but Hearts did well to get draws

We were piss poor every derby last season.

Fact.

Indisputable.

Rode our luck against the huns as well.

Stubbs is the most meh manager in Scotland right now. He reminds me very much of Brendan Rodgers. Passes the ball aimlessly, signs absolute average players, loses the games they should win easily. The only difference is that Stubbs hasn't got any pressure from the media yet

WoolfordsHearts

Stubbs is the most meh manager in Scotland right now. He reminds me very much of Brendan Rodgers. Passes the ball aimlessly, signs absolute average players, loses the games they should win easily. The only difference is that Stubbs hasn't got any pressure from the media yet

But,but,but he mastered the Hearts last season though.

Better than mowbray they say.....

:brucey:

If I was Stubbs, I would jump at the chance to manage United. More successful club with similar attendances and the longer he is at Hibs and he can't get them promoted the pressure from fans will mount.

Captain Canada

I'm not a massive fan of Stubbs but I'd refute him signing average players. I actually think a lot of his signings have been good ones. He's not managed to make them into a great team though and that's where his failing is.

queensferryjambo

Now that is just lies.

Really?

You think H1b5 won more than 1 derby last year?

Do you think H1b5 were better at Tynecastle in any of the 2 games?

First game at Tynecastle aside from a dubious penalty H1b5 never seriously threatened us until they were 2-0 down.

Second game H1b5 had a good spell in the first half Hearts were much better 2nd half and IMO should have went on to win.

Imo of course.

You're right but it was a more a case of Neilson making the wrong choices in the derbies rather than being tactically outclassed by Stubbs.

Fairly certain we wouldn't line up against Dundee United the same way we would a derby.

Watt-Zeefuik

Really?

You think H1b5 won more than 1 derby last year?

Do you think H1b5 were better at Tynecastle in any of the 2 games?

First game at Tynecastle aside from a dubious penalty H1b5 never seriously threatened us until they were 2-0 down.

Second game H1b5 had a good spell in the first half Hearts were much better 2nd half and IMO should have went on to win.

Also, to repeat -- first game at ER they had 3 shots on goal to our 2, with our 2 including the Alim and El Hass through alone against the keeper with a poor shot.

They had more possession that day.  Also probably won the singing, naturally, which is worth about as much.

Archived