Title talk

Badonde

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Because our manager and players have been shite. Simples.

It really is that simple. Management just as at fault as the players

Yup we have been losing because people said we could win the title.........

We've been well beaten ever since mate. Media attention has gone to the players heads imo. They should be ashamed of that performance today.

Yup we have been losing because people said we could win the title.........

I never really thought we could win the title but i wasn't going to say we couldn't whilst unbeaten but now we've lost 3 soon to be 4 on the bounce we can't win it.

we haven't played well basically all season so far so I think it's more to do with being poor than media attention. Yes we may have won but the only convincing one was against Motherwell

I never really thought we could win the title but i wasn't going to say we couldn't whilst unbeaten but now we've lost 3 soon to be 4 on the bounce we can't win it.

Agree with that mate

Start playing players in their correct positions. With a proper game plan that we stick to and we will be top 3.

Keep this shit up and we will scrape top 6.

What concerns me the most is that since the Hamilton game and all the controversy over Collum and the sending-off, is that the team (and I include the management team in this) looks a complete shambles. Couldn't argue with the ICT result and certainly couldn't argue with that today. I know football is a confidence thing but the Hamilton result should never have been that much of a body blow.

If we are going to play 2 men wide and we have players of the calibre of Sam and Billy sitting on the bench then I can only assume they must have done something to piss the management team off....

Start playing players in their correct positions. With a proper game plan that we stick to and we will be top 3.

Keep this shit up and we will scrape top 6.

I don't really think that top 6 would be a bad thing for just having come up.  Let's be honest with ourselves here, last year we crushed a league that was shite; a broken Rangers, a Hibs team that consistently managed to shoot themselves in the foot, and challenges from QoS and Falkirk that just didn't have enough steam to keep on going.

When players were talking about winning the league they had that winning mentality, Neilson tells them to behave and since we have lost 3 games.

Can't wait until Gomis is back, really missing him.
Not saying we wouldn't of lost today but there wouldn't of been so much space for Aberdeen to work with through the middle

MacDonald Jardine

As soon as there was talk of us challenging for the title we have crumbled. Why is that?

Not sure but we always were going to.

We're a long way off being title challengers, or anything like.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

William H. Bonney

Only a complete and utter idiot believed that we would challenge for the title.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a fair few on here right enough.

Aberdeen have got 2 years on us, I was impressed by them today, their second was a cracker. McGinn was different class, playing for NI as first pick number 10 and going to the Euro's, we have no one like that.

I think my expectations for this season were too high. Still, Robbie picking Reilly to play wasn't going to help our cause today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Bilel Mohsni

As soon as there was talk of us challenging for the title we have crumbled. Why is that?

People talking about Hearts chances of winning the title have played zero part I'm our last three results. :rofl:

Get a ****ing grip of yourself!

:gok:

If that Aberdeen team we saw today is considered title challengers the most of the league must be. They were nowt special tbh, we won the game for them.

Because our manager and players have been shite. Simples.

Management should be taking all the blame. Put players in their true position - putting a natural winger on the bench today and playing Reilly on the right?? Juanma ain't a winger and neither is Sow.

Chopping and changing the team each week is frustrating. Maybe Levein can buy Robbie champ manager for his PC.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If that Aberdeen team we saw today is considered title challengers the most of the league must be. They were nowt special tbh, we won the game for them.

:spoton:

William H. Bonney

So oshaniwa has nothing to do with hearts? **** up you rocket

Oshaniwa knows the square root of **** all about hearts and for him to talk about hearts as title challengers was extremely naive.

michael_bolton

Football is a game of averages. Things average out over the season in terms of performance.

Our team is nowhere near good enough to win the league. Our early form was always going to be matched by a slump at some point, and here it is.

No big deal. We'll finish mid-table somewhere.

In fairness, it looked like Aberdeen could have stepped up a couple of gears if they wanted to. At no point were they under pressure and it seemed their aim from the 24th minute onwards was to finish the game without any injuries or suspensions.

I don't think their midfield broke sweat.

They played today with what we played with last season, togetherness and team spirit, belief and a willingness to fight for every ball. They might be nowt special in comparison with their 80s teams but they are a lot better than some on here would have us believe. They finished 17 points behind Celtic last season despite being only 5 behind at the split. They managed only 4 points after the split  whereas Celtic took 16 points out of a final 18.

Even taking that into consideration, the head-to-heads decided the title. Had Celtic lost them all, they would have finished on 80 points and Aberdeen would have had 87. I know it's a lot of ifs and buts, but they have won against their two closest rivals (so far) and have won their first 8 games, something they never achieved even under SAF.

That said, I agree that our defending won the game for them. It was woeful and they took full advantage.

In fairness, it looked like Aberdeen could have stepped up a couple of gears if they wanted to. At no point were they under pressure and it seemed their aim from the 24th minute onwards was to finish the game without any injuries or suspensions.

I don't think their midfield broke sweat.

Boom!!

Only a complete and utter idiot believed that we would challenge for the title.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This! ******* delusion of the third degree!

Caspian Primrose

Aberdeen have got 2 years on us, I was impressed by them today, their second was a cracker. McGinn was different class, playing for NI as first pick number 10 and going to the Euro's, we have no one like that.

I think my expectations for this season were too high. Still, Robbie picking Reilly to play wasn't going to help our cause today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn't overly impress me to be honest. I thought their 3rd was the best goal. Great counter attack move. The other two were the result of abysmal defending from us.

I think we'll do okay against most teams but we're still a long way shy of yer Celtics and Aberdeen. Partick game was changed by the ref and, fair do's we were poor against ICT We weren't great today against a decent Dons team. Not the end of the world. Fully fit team, games together for the defenders, consistent team selection will see us comfortable top 6. That'll do for me. Gomis is a huge miss the now.

because we always get carried away after a few wins , we were never going to win this league top 6 at best.

And he's not praying

It was cringeworthy. Just words on a screen but honestly? :wow:

We do have a better squad than the last few weeks have shown, however.

Top 6 is the aim but to even achieve that we'll need to improve vastly.

There is a cracker of a thread to bump from a few weeks back where folk who had the sensible head on were getting a bit of flack for suggesting that we would not win the league.

William H. Bonney

There is a cracker of a thread to bump from a few weeks back where folk who had the sensible head on were getting a bit of flack for suggesting that we would not win the league.

Bump it then.

William H. Bonney

No idea why I quoted this. Didn't mean to

Dagger Is Back

If only people hadn't talked about us winning the title then all would be well!

5 results to start, a bit of good fortune, some injuries, suspensions, small squad, baffling team selections, baffling transfer business. That's your answer

Say What Again

Read the first 3/4 posts then just scrolled, so apologies if this has been said.

Anybody who thought we could ever challenge for the title, needs sectioned.

Dagger Is Back

Read the first 3/4 posts then just scrolled, so apologies if this has been said.

Anybody who thought we could ever challenge for the title, needs sectioned.

Amen

Archived