TV Deal Extended

Paulie Walnut

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Reading that, I could not determine whether or not any more money was coming in. "better terms" could mean the same shite deal for a longer period.

Again the people in charge of the game sell us short.

BT Sport have shown exactly how to set up a channel utilising Sky/Virgin/BTTV and streaming to reach as many platforms as possible.

The wholesale BT Sport deal on Virgin also helped guarantee them income. I'm not saying for 1 minute that an SPL channel would be worth the same - but replicating that would provide a guaranteed income to build on.

Short sightedness by the leaders of the game has contributed to its current penniless state.

They probably had no choice but to make tweaks to the deal after Barr said they would stop paying for the empty ginger bottles we got from SKY.

Better terms?Couldnt be any worse tbh.Could mean an extra tenner per month.Tv deal not worth a feck.

If there was a substantial increase in the money being paid, Doncaster would have been shouting it from the rooftops.

15 Million a year for Scottish football....meanwhile in England...:vrface:

...from next season, the bottom team in the EPL will get ?100m per season.

The Mighty Thor

Apparently ?3.25m more for SPFL Premiership teams.

Same for everyone else.

Unsure if per annum or across the extended deal

Or roughly what they pay to show 30 minutes of a single premiership game?

:gok:

High fives round Hampden today!

what a complete load of bollocks. ?15 million a season for 60 games between sky & BT sports thats ?40,000 per live game. ?20,000 per team if all monies was split fairly.

i'd rather NOT be on TV and have a saturday 3pm kick off every week!! 

what is the point at all in having A TV deal if that is what is being offered? how much per year do the citizens of Scotland give SKY/ BT to get their services and get this sum in return

The Bt Murrayfield deal was worth ?20 million pound. HaHa run by complete tossers who couldnt run a bath

Fly the Saltire

Commenting on the latest report (August 2015) on football finances from accountants BDO,  Charles Barnett professional sports group partner said that Scottish football suffers from a disproportionate share of TV money compared to the English Premier League, and that club directors should be driving a harder bargain.

The accountant said: "Simple arithmetic indicates that if Sky and BT are happy to pay ?1.712bn a year for English football the comparable figure for Scotland should be ?142m (Scotland has 8.3% of the population of the UK).

"To be getting just over one tenth of that at ?15m a year needs to be reviewed. Equally the BBC gives just ?1m a year to Scotland?s football clubs against ?66m for its Match of the Day highlights.

"These figures are only exacerbating the gap between English and Scottish football and should be examined in more detail by the appropriate authorities.?

Even based on viewing figures, Sky are ripping us off.  However our case is not helped when the Glasgow "Ugly Sisters" keep saying they want to leave the league.

We have a choice to scrap Sky as I did in protest at the last deal but BBC is misusing our licence fee money to pour millions into English football and ignoring Scottish football.  Don't even try to screen highlights of Scottish national team and their coverage of SPFL highlights is pathetic with only three minutes or so of most games. 

BBC pays around ?66 million a year for English football highlights but only ?1 million a year for Scottish football highlights and pays the presenters of Match of the Day more a year than they spend on Scottish football.

Using our licence fees, in a deal with BT Sport , the  BBC pays around ?16 million a year to screen 16 live English FA cup ties which comes on top of  ?206 million to renew the Match Of The Day highlights programme.

But its not just  football that the BBC rips Scotland off.  

Out of the BBC?s annual income of ?4000 millions a mere ?100 million or so is spent in Scotland and out of that figure  ?70 million is spent on ?national? TV programmes like Homes under the Hammer and National Lottery game shows leaving only ?30 million available for programmes with any Scottish content.

That is why Scottish programmes are not as glossy as London productions.

http://www.thenational.scot//kevin-mckenna-rejected-blueprint-provides-a-glimpse-of-what-bbc-scotland-could-be.6comment997

Reading that, I could not determine whether or not any more money was coming in. "better terms" could mean the same shite deal for a longer period.

Thats how I interpreted the article. Although I agree with your post; for someone who doesn't get to see the Famous often it suits me. Just as long we get a fair crack of the whip in money and games to view.

Commenting on the latest report (August 2015) on football finances from accountants BDO, Charles Barnett professional sports group partner said that Scottish football suffers from a disproportionate share of TV money compared to the English Premier League, and that club directors should be driving a harder bargain.

The accountant said: "Simple arithmetic indicates that if Sky and BT are happy to pay ?1.712bn a year for English football the comparable figure for Scotland should be ?142m (Scotland has 8.3% of the population of the UK).

"To be getting just over one tenth of that at ?15m a year needs to be reviewed. Equally the BBC gives just ?1m a year to Scotland?s football clubs against ?66m for its Match of the Day highlights.

"These figures are only exacerbating the gap between English and Scottish football and should be examined in more detail by the appropriate authorities.?

Even based on viewing figures, Sky are ripping us off. However our case is not helped when the Glasgow "Ugly Sisters" keep saying they want to leave the league.

We have a choice to scrap Sky as I did in protest at the last deal but BBC is misusing our licence fee money to pour millions into English football and ignoring Scottish football. Don't even try to screen highlights of Scottish national team and their coverage of SPFL highlights is pathetic with only three minutes or so of most games.

BBC pays around ?66 million a year for English football highlights but only ?1 million a year for Scottish football highlights and pays the presenters of Match of the Day more a year than they spend on Scottish football.

Using our licence fees, in a deal with BT Sport , the BBC pays around ?16 million a year to screen 16 live English FA cup ties which comes on top of ?206 million to renew the Match Of The Day highlights programme.

But its not just football that the BBC rips Scotland off.

Out of the BBC?s annual income of ?4000 millions a mere ?100 million or so is spent in Scotland and out of that figure ?70 million is spent on ?national? TV programmes like Homes under the Hammer and National Lottery game shows leaving only ?30 million available for programmes with any Scottish content.

That is why Scottish programmes are not as glossy as London productions.

http://www.thenational.scot//kevin-mckenna-rejected-blueprint-provides-a-glimpse-of-what-bbc-scotland-could-be.6comment997

This makes you relies how much we sell ourselves short. I also remember on another thread. Someone wrote that rugby league get double the money we get but has pretty similar viewing figures per game.

Jambof3tornado

Doncaster needs to hang his head in shame.

The man continues to belittle our game by underselling it constantly.

The day he ****s off is the day scottish football takes a step forward.

Again the people in charge of the game sell us short.

BT Sport have shown exactly how to set up a channel utilising Sky/Virgin/BTTV and streaming to reach as many platforms as possible.

The wholesale BT Sport deal on Virgin also helped guarantee them income. I'm not saying for 1 minute that an SPL channel would be worth the same - but replicating that would provide a guaranteed income to build on.

Short sightedness by the leaders of the game has contributed to its current penniless state.

I think you're being too kind.

Doncaster must be the most highly paid office boy on the planet.

He's not shortsighted!

He's as blind as a bat!

It's about time he got a job with Morrison's Supermarkets.  They're looking for someone to finally finish them off.

I wonder how much they are paying for the NFL?

Have you noticed how much Sky are pushing NFL just now.

WTF?

It's because they've lost the champions league. They're making out that everything they're showing live is the greatest event in sporting history.

Doncaster needs to hang his head in shame.

The man continues to belittle our game by underselling it constantly.

The day he ****s off is the day scottish football takes a step forward.

Couldn't agree more.

Still I am sure he's earned himself another bonus/pay rise because of this new deal.

The game's a bogey 

Tied in to a deal on peanuts for the next 5 years. Nice work.

Why do we employ people who continually sell the game short. Doncaster and Regan have done their level best to rubbish the game here over the last few years. In any other organisation the would have been shown the door ages ago.

Seymour M Hersh

Tied in to a deal on peanuts for the next 5 years. Nice work.

Unbelievable. And that utter welt dumbcaster will be spinning it as some earth shatteringly good news.  I ****ing hate that twat.

Fly the Saltire

Based on viewing figures Sky should be paying Scottish League ?60 million a year for the TV rights.

Even giving each Championship side ?500,000 a year to allow full time clubs it would leave an average of ?4 million a year for each top flight club compared to the average of one million a year under the new rubbish deal.

Stats for last year's viewing figures can be found here.

http://www.thefootballlife.co.uk/post/93845944336/spfl-viewing-figures-201415

The majority of English Premiership games attract audiences of less than one million viewers.

Another reason why broadcasting should be devolved to the Scottish Parliament

Based on viewing figures Sky should be paying Scottish League ?60 million a year for the TV rights.

Even giving each Championship side ?500,000 a year to allow full time clubs it would leave an average of ?4 million a year for each top flight club compared to the average of one million a year under the new rubbish deal.

Stats for last year's viewing figures can be found here.

http://www.thefootballlife.co.uk/post/93845944336/spfl-viewing-figures-201415

The majority of English Premiership games attract audiences of less than one million viewers.

Another reason why broadcasting should be devolved to the Scottish Parliament

What this guy is also saying is it hasn't gone up at all. They are just reporting the gross figure, not the net. In layman's terms they are reporting the VAT the clubs owe on it as the increase.

chester copperpot

Meanwhile the relegated team from the premiership bags ?100M for being shite and relegated.

Not really fair considering we'd give most of the bottom 10 a decent game!

And that utter welt dumbcaster will be spinning it as some earth shatteringly good news. I ******* hate that ****.

He'll have done enough to keep him filled with cheeseburgers.

Dick.

The Mighty Thor

Unbelievable. And that utter welt dumbcaster will be spinning it as some earth shatteringly good news.  I ******* hate that ****.

It truly is a mystery why football in Scotland is in an utterly shit state.

jack D and coke

what a complete load of bollocks. ?15 million a season for 60 games between sky & BT sports thats ?40,000 per live game. ?20,000 per team if all monies was split fairly.

i'd rather NOT be on TV and have a saturday 3pm kick off every week!!

what is the point at all in having A TV deal if that is what is being offered? how much per year do the citizens of Scotland give SKY/ BT to get their services and get this sum in return

The Bt Murrayfield deal was worth ?20 million pound. HaHa run by complete tossers who couldnt run a bath

Between the BBC licence fees and sky subs I believe the monies taken from Scotland are over ?700m per year. The BBC Scotland deal in general is absolutely shit. ?300m+ and BBC Scotland gets something in the region of ?30m for all programming.

They don't have it to give unfortunately.

Getting it done now so they don't have to pay more when rangers come up and the old firm is reborn.

If they waited for rangers coming up they could hold out for more money based on higher rating games.

Archived