This months 442 magazine.. big article..Is this the best away day in Britain ?

CJGJ

Great piece in the magazine 4/5 pages and maybe some JKB faces in the pictures !!

Hearts (and of course Tynecastle) against Motherwell featured

Fantastic article and a great write up for the Tynecastle experience

However not surprisingly it comes from the visiting fans (Motherwell) viewpoint

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it available online?  Would love to read it.  Can only be good publicity for us, and if it encourages fans from other clubs to pay a visit to Tynecastle, then all the better.

Fantastic article and a great write up for the Tynecastle experience

However not surprisingly it comes from the visiting fans (Motherwell) viewpoint

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quite a lot about our club though and comment from Hearts fans as well re life since the takeover.from 'Hearts supporting hipster Robert Borthwick'

Haven't bought a copy for a while but I love FourFourTwo.

Great magazine which I'll be buying now at the earliest oppurtunity.

Haven't bought a copy for a while but I love FourFourTwo.

Great magazine which I'll be buying now at the earliest oppurtunity.

Me too, i was also a bit disappointed when MOTD magazine stop printing a few years ago. 

Looked forward every month to the double purchase,

Quite a lot about our club though and comment from Hearts fans as well re life since the takeover.from 'Hearts supporting hipster Robert Borthwick'

:D

This needs to be a topic for the next podcast.  It would be good to get Mr B's take on how the 442 reporter viewed our club.

I was a bit underwhelmed by it in all honesty. It went on more about the 'Motherwell Bois' than Tynecastle I thought.

I was a bit underwhelmed by it in all honesty. It went on more about the 'Motherwell Bois' than Tynecastle I thought.

I agree, didn't really give any opinions on Tynecastle.

Still a nice wee feature though.

Me too, i was also a bit disappointed when MOTD magazine stop printing a few years ago.

Looked forward every month to the double purchase,

Another good read which was part of my double purchase was World Soccer Magazine.

Really good in depth look at goings on all across the world.

Malcolm Tucker

:D

This needs to be a topic for the next podcast. It would be good to get Mr B's take on how the 442 reporter viewed our club.

:facepalm:

Seething he went for 'hipster' and not 'dreamboat' tbh.

The FourFourTwo reporter is a well ken't Scottish Journo. Tynecastle is his favourite away day anyway, so probably a good person to be writing it!

Think it was always meant to be from the away fans' perspective so not surprised it's 'Well heavy.

Good wee article IMO.

Magazine on its own is a tad pricey

?4.75 an issue.

So the 3 for ?1 is decent but think theres an obligation to have a longer.term subs catch in there.

Either way will be getting this 1 for its tyni write up

Always buy a FFT at the airport before I go on holiday, which I'll be doing next week :jjyay: 

Good to hear we get a mention in this one. 

?4.75 an issue.

So the 3 for ?1 is decent but think theres an obligation to have a longer.term subs catch in there.

it's a fantastic read though. I was bought an annual subscription as a birthday present by my in laws a couple of years back and have just asked them to renew it each year as it's definitely worth the money in my opinion. 

Would recommend it to anyone who doesn't read it. 

Malcolm Tucker

That was the first copy I'd bought in about a decade - actually still a very good magazine. A few hit or miss pieces but mostly well-written, well researched stuff and worth a read.

Fitzroy Pointon

Only one fitba' mag worth buying and that's When Saturday Comes 

They have quite a large collection of backdated FourFourTwo's in my local chinese.  I enjoy a flick through them when I'm in getting a takeaway.  

?4.75 an issue.

Pricey yes but definitely worth it.

How they manage to find so much to write about and keep it fresh is a wonder at times.

Really only read it on my breaks at work so I get a couple of weeks out of each copy easily.

Malcolm Tucker

How they manage to find so much to write about and keep it fresh is a wonder at times.

Really only read it on my breaks at work so I get a couple of weeks out of each copy easily.

I think they use contributors from all over the place, journalists and statisticians and all that. If your canvas is the entire world of football then I can imagine finding things to publish and write about would be as easy to come by as it would be fun to research!

Just cancelled my subscription the other week. I don't really follow the EPL and it's getting worse and worse for being EPL centric. It was getting to the stage where I wasn't even reading them.

I'll just buy the issues that catch my eye when they come out.

I was a subscriber for years but cancelled when they totally ignored the 5-1 Scottish Cup Final.

I was a subscriber for years but cancelled when they totally ignored the 5-1 Scottish Cup Final.

There's been barely a peep about football this side of the border for ages. Nothing on the Huns going tits up, our fan ownership or even the fact that 3 of the nations biggest clubs were all in the Championship.

Now, it could be argued that those would all be covered in the dailies but I was actually hoping to see some decent writing about it and FFT does have some excellent writers.

It was FFT where I learned that Hearts are big fans of Wyscout and the Wyscout forum.

grantaitchie8

:facepalm:

Seething he went for 'hipster' and not 'dreamboat' tbh.

The FourFourTwo reporter is a well ken't Scottish Journo. Tynecastle is his favourite away day anyway, so probably a good person to be writing it!

Think it was always meant to be from the away fans' perspective so not surprised it's 'Well heavy.

Good wee article IMO.

Seething that you're the only one mentioned.

:seething:

Placid Casual

FFT's been going downhill the last few years imo. When Saturday Comes is usually a far better read.

If you like WSC, I think you will enjoy The Blizzard: https://www.theblizzard.co.uk

It's a great read ? had not heard of it until recommended by someone on here.

They have quite a large collection of backdated FourFourTwo's in my local chinese.  I enjoy a flick through them when I'm in getting a takeaway.  

I have only read FFT very occasionally but have subscribed to WSC for donkey's years - and I think WSC is  pretty poor fayre. I have been meaning to cancel for years.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Just cancelled my subscription the other week. I don't really follow the EPL and it's getting worse and worse for being EPL centric. It was getting to the stage where I wasn't even reading them.

I'll just buy the issues that catch my eye when they come out.

I'm kinda in the same boat actually, I'd subscribed the last two seasons & I've just let it lapse, think the previous issue was my last. Totally agree about the "EPL-centric" thing.

I've been beaten to it, but the only really decent read in football is Blizzard. In saying that, I might be being a tad unfair to World Soccer, that's still ok.

Blizzard is a real mix of subjects and is quarterly (issue 18 dropped through yesterday). I'd recommend it to anyone who thinks about football outside of Sky (without getting into this debate again, I actually like and subscribe to sky and Bt Sport).

If you like WSC, I think you will enjoy The Blizzard: https://www.theblizzard.co.uk

It's a great read ? had not heard of it until recommended by someone on here.

Was just about to post the same - if it's decent football journalism you're after then The Blizzard is good.

I still buy Four Four Two as well right enough.

bought it but thought it was a bit 'dry' 

Think I may give the blizzard a try.

If you want mate I have number 17 sat in the house that I've read that i'm happy to post up to you before you decide to buy? Equally i think you can get the old editions online for as much as you want to pay.

I get this every month. Great read which does have a lot more to it than just the EPL, tho being a British magazine its to be expected they concentrate on it a bit.

Last months release had a season preview supplement of the English leagues and SPL teams. In the SPL section they asked a fan of each club what their favourite away day was and the majority of them said Tynecastle. So it's probably no surprise they've done a feature on our Old Lady.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I get this every month. Great read which does have a lot more to it than just the EPL, tho being a British magazine its to be expected they concentrate on it a bit.

Last months release had a season preview supplement of the English leagues and SPL teams. In the SPL section they asked a fan of each club what their favourite away day was and the majority of them said Tynecastle. So it's probably no surprise they've done a feature on our Old Lady.

Aye I noticed that, must have been at least 7/8 of the other 11 clubs who said Tynie is their favourite stadium/away trip. The Inverness fan in particular was gushing in his enthusiasm for us!

Aye I noticed that, must have been at least 7/8 of the other 11 clubs who said Tynie is their favourite stadium/away trip. The Inverness fan in particular was gushing in his enthusiasm for us!

If I remember correctly, out of the other 11 teams, they asked the question to 10 of them. 7 said Tynie.

Son Of Anarchy

If you want mate I have number 17 sat in the house that I've read that i'm happy to post up to you before you decide to buy? Equally i think you can get the old editions online for as much as you want to pay.

Appreciate that mate, thanks a lot but will buy an online one to try it then go for print if I like it. Its more for my son tbh. Im more a watcher of games whereas like his mother he's an expert in everything :)

Maiden Gorgie

This is spades. I used to get get FFT but far too much EPL in it now. 

Bridge of Djoum

I get FFT every month here in the States. I have a subscription which I think works out at $6 an issue. It's $10.99 to buy otherwise. Expensive but a great magazine.

Archived