Trolling on kicback

Sten Guns

I'm shite at identifying trolling.

Could folk post their definitions of what they believe a troll/trolling is? As far as I can fathom it's an evolving term and people have different definitions of its meaning.

I'm shite at identifying trolling.

Could folk post their definitions of what they believe a troll/trolling is? As far as I can fathom it's an evolving term and people have different definitions of its meaning.

It's anyone that says anything remotely positive about Rangers (Zombie Sevco lol).

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

It's anyone that says anything remotely positive about Rangers (Zombie Sevco lol).

:rofl: You're quite funny when you attempt to troll posters on here although I think it's to do with you being utterly hopeless at it.

michael_bolton

The Kickback definition of trolling seems to be anybody who goes against the grain on any thread and refuses to back down when shouted down by other posters.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The Kickback definition of trolling seems to be anybody who goes against the grain on any thread and refuses to back down when shouted down by other posters.

Nothing wrong with going against the grain.

Everything wrong with sticking to your guns when the weight of evidence is overwhelmingly against you.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

"I'm still not convinced it wasn't a sending off"

michael_bolton

Everything wrong with sticking to your guns when the weight of evidence is overwhelmingly against you.

Regardless, from observing many threads it has become clear the the T word is thrown about to simply anyone who disagrees and stands their ground.

It's becoming meaningless.

If you can't stick to your guns when the evidence is overwhelming against you then you're they weren't really your guns anyway.

Being stubborn is the only way

You're really trying to push this Rangers hatred aren't you :lol: they're not in our league mate so it doesn't have the same effect, maybe next season you can come back with the "great to see a full house at Ibrox again" "Gers back where they belong" patter and you might get a bite or two.

The Real Maroonblood

You're really trying to push this Rangers hatred aren't you :lol: they're not in our league mate so it doesn't have the same effect, maybe next season you can come back with the "great to see a full house at Ibrox again" "Gers back where they belong" patter and you might get a bite or two.

That was sore.

Is trolling a form of sarcasm?

Can it be an obscure in joke?

Would an undercover hibby see it as an achievement?

Is there a troll clique?

Am I missing out on a sexual high by not quite grasping the point of it?

Is it cool?

Would Kickback fall apart without it?

Is it legal in the real world?

Is there a head troll?

Are there any side affects?

Can you be a part time troll?

Is there a book I can bye that explains the ins and outs of it? 

:rofl: You're quite funny when you attempt to troll posters on here although I think it's to do with you being utterly hopeless at it.

Not sure when I have attempted to troll?  Interesting it comes from a poster who decided to dedicate their username to hating the Old Firm rather than their support for their own team...

chester copperpot

I must admit that from time to time I get really bored with things on here, so if something I read tends to annoy me, I try to get a reaction from the poster by trying to get them to bite.

I used to be a lot more tolerant of certain folk and posters, but it's the same ones with an opinion on ****ing everything that annoy me, and again, if you disagree with anything they say, they take great offence and report posts etc.

I'd like to think that when I post in the Terrace, I try to educate people in my posts, as I know not everyone has the same footballing knowledge as myself :)

Seems to be fashionable just now to tell someone with a different opinion to you that they're trolling?

What the **** is this all about man?

Horrendous. This shite needs stopped pronto.

:spoton:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I must admit that from time to time I get really bored with things on here, so if something I read tends to annoy me, I try to get a reaction from the poster by trying to get them to bite.

I used to be a lot more tolerant of certain folk and posters, but it's the same ones with an opinion on ******* everything that annoy me, and again, if you disagree with anything they say, they take great offence and report posts etc.

I'd like to think that when I post in the Terrace, I try to educate people in my posts, as I know not everyone has the same footballing knowledge as myself :)

You definitely educated people on where and where not to defecate.

chester copperpot

You definitely educated people on where and where not to defecate.

Not in the terrace I didn't.

Try keep up, and thanks for posting on every thread all the time, it's really fun to read your stuff again, and again, and again.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not in the terrace I didn't.

Try keep up, and thanks for posting on every thread all the time, it's really fun to read your stuff again, and again, and again.

Since it's annoying you so much, I will :)

Just the other night I urged the JKB Collective to turn on Neil Alexander. That was a joke. Trolling is a darker art.

Trolling is a spastic term for people and politicians and those in the media who haven't yet come to terms with the terrible bullying, or perceived bullying they received when they were at school.

Intelligent people can tell the difference. Unfortunately trolling has become a catch all term for anyone who disagrees with a semi accepted viewpoint.

You're all idiots.

The Real Maroonblood

Not sure when I have attempted to troll?  Interesting it comes from a poster who decided to dedicate their username to hating the Old Firm rather than their support for their own team...

Credit is due to you as you don't hide your affinity to sevco.

The People's Chimp

It is an unfortunate trend, and we have the media to blame, as they used it as a shorthand for the nasty, abusive and horrible behaviours adopted by reprobates on the internet when they throw out threats or abuse women on twitter and other horrible by products of giving any moron access to a social media account and therefore a voice. But that wasn't trolling. If language evolves, then it may also now be trolling, because the media have used it wrongly, but so relentlessly, that it has stuck. 

There are therefore two kinds. The adopting of a position, even one you don't believe in,  to expose idiocy, or of using sarcasm or satire to do the same. Fishing for a bite comes under the same heading. 

Then there's the media's idea of a troll, someone who tweets celebrities death or rape threats, or posts horribly misogynist stuff online etc. 

Then there's the current KB populace' idea of trolling, which is saying anything which goes against the IN ROBBIE WE TRUST QUEEN ANN FOREVER MR LEVEIN KNOWS BEST pollyanna wonderland where there is a black and white division between good and bad, or right and wrong. 

According to the JKB rule book...

16. No trolling. Trolling is the act of posting with the explicit and sole intent of annoying other members

Then there's the current KB populace' idea of trolling, which is saying anything which goes against the IN ROBBIE WE TRUST QUEEN ANN FOREVER MR LEVEIN KNOWS BEST pollyanna wonderland where there is a black and white division between good and bad, or right and wrong. 

Coffee all over the screen mate haha.

According to the JKB rule book...

16. No trolling. Trolling is the act of posting with the explicit and sole intent of annoying other members

:lol:

There are therefore two kinds. The adopting of a position, even one you don't believe in, to expose idiocy, or of using sarcasm or satire to do the same. Fishing for a bite comes under the same heading.

See. This is the part I find a bit mad. The idea that it can be used to demonstrate intelligence or have some sort of complex meaning, like an art form or whatever. Yes, occasionally, some examples of wummery are very entertaining but generally they're pretty lame and usually appeal to a tiny number of people. It all seems a bit self-indulgent.

See. This is the part I find a bit mad. The idea that it can be used to demonstrate intelligence or have some sort of complex meaning, like an art form or whatever. Yes, occasionally, some examples of wummery are very entertaining but generally they're pretty lame and usually appeal to a tiny number of people. It all seems a bit self-indulgent.

Spot on, i think you've just exposed idiocy right there.

Are you talking about Facebook ?

:)

Archived