Trolling on kicback

Sten Guns

Seems to be fashionable just now to tell someone with a different opinion to you that they're trolling?

What the **** is this all about man?

Horrendous. This shite needs stopped pronto.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Seems to be fashionable just now to tell someone with a different opinion to you that they're trolling?

Agreed. The concept of a debate seems to be beyond the wit of quite a lot of posters.

It does seem less of a football forum now. I agree wholeheartedly.

It seem more of a forum for fans who support other teams. The abuse fellow fans get is pretty poor. There must be folk who don't have tough skin that wouldn't want to join for fear of a GIF being posted to drown out their opinion.

Very little respect shown, but the folk who troll and mock I personally feel may be lonely, depressed and have very little else to do with their time. Quite sad when you think about it.

If you have over 15 posts a day then you may spend too much time on this forum. There's a whole world out there. Enjoy it.

FFS Stens do you not know the rules by now man!

Say something controversial = troll

Be pro union = Bigoted Daily Mail reader

Yup, think that pretty much covers it

There does seem to be a lot of posters getting their cheap thrills after Saturday's events.

Generally the trolls linger about a post licking up all the reactions they get and keep stirring the pot.

I only joined up here last week after reading for many a year. Sad to say the above is the main reason I delayed so long.

Suffice to say I have already been called a troll lol.

I can take it- no big deal - but it certainly puts people off joining up here - that I know from personal experience.

Think folk just use the word troll because they'd get banned or suspended if they said what they wanted too.

Most of the words i'd like to use would just appear as *'s :(

Thank god they've not censored mouth foamers or roasters yet :)

Jonny John Boy

FFS Stens do you not know the rules by now man!

Say something controversial = troll

Be pro union = Bigoted Daily Mail reader

Yup, think that pretty much covers it

And the racist card as well

The Great Khali

Sten is bang on the cash imo.

Plenty posters call "troll" when losing a debate or disagree with someone's point of view.

Also, calls for mods to delete threads and ban posters are quite popular these days. Again, it seems to be when differences of opinion are being discussed.

I think some people don't quite get what trolling is.

On both sides, you're right.

Some people don't know how to troll properly and some people don't know what it is and what it isn't.

Trolling is from fishing right ? Putting a lure out there hoping people will bite ?

What if the 'lure' is something the person actually thinks though - is that still trolling ? Or just trolling if you are only doing it for a reaction ?

Tiberius Stinkfinger

The OP is a blatant troll IMO.

deesidejambo

The Troll card is easy to play by those who are losing arguments.

Anyone who plays it should be banned.

Jambof3tornado

I like to think I'm quite adept at trolling.

You generally find those who aren't good at it are racist.

Or bigots like me.

The Troll card is easy to play by those who are losing arguments.

Anyone who plays it should be banned.

The problem is that there are far too many people on here who have a full deck of said cards and play them constantly to try and get others in to bother.

You know the type by now I'm sure, those who can't debate or win an argument, despite being on here morning, noon & night, so resort to alternative means.

A bit like the class grass or McCabe if you like.

michael_bolton

I go through spells where I post on here and long spells where I don't.

Every time I've posted something that disagrees with the general view I have been 1) called a troll and 2) accused of not being a Hearts fan. Every time.

Every time I've posted something that disagrees with the general view I have been 1) called a troll and 2) accused of not being a Hearts fan. Every time.

Do you really think that there is a general view?  Not counting the general view that Hibs are pitiful losers, of course.

If there is a 'general view' other than that, I haven't spotted it.

TheMaganator

Do you really think that there is a general view?  Not counting the general view that Hibs are pitiful losers, of course.

If there is a 'general view' other than that, I haven't spotted it.

I think 'majority view' would be more appropriate than general view. 

Go against the grain in a thread and you're often called a troll. 

Guest Trapper John

JKB can be like one big communal jerk-off at times.

Most posters prefer it that way; a lot less hassle tossing each other off than being a lone w * * * *  r.

That divides the world fairly accurately. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think the longer you have been on here you learn to recognise the real trollers from those with opinions that are less mainstream. You can debate with the latter but the former are best ignored and it is usually the newcomers that bite and keep the trolls in business unfortunately.

It also seems to be ok as long as you're posting pro-independence posts.

Eh?

Youre kidding right.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

That's because you are a troll although I don't think you even realise that you are in your defence.

You disagree with absolutely everything though :lol: if there was a thread on what colour hearts play in you'd be on saying we play in deep purple.

Why would I be kidding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I cannae post on most political threads, so your pro indy bias is rubbish.

Private Womble

There does seem to be a lot of posters getting their cheap thrills after Saturday's events.

Generally the trolls linger about a post licking up all the reactions they get and keep stirring the pot.

:cornette:

You disagree with absolutely everything though :lol: if there was a thread on what colour hearts play in you'd be on saying we play in deep purple.

Sometimes in life, Lewis, you meet people at the weekend or at work who hold different views than what you do - a message board is going to be the same.  Its a healthy thing.

Well, I cannae post on most political threads, so your pro indy bias is rubbish.

That's cute that you think I'm referring to you.

I genuinely don't get how folk can be ersed with trolling - it seems like too much effort to me to be a persistent twat.

Sometimes in life, Lewis, you meet people at the weekend or at work who hold different views than what you do - a message board is going to be the same.  Its a healthy thing.

Cool, thanks for the life lesson mate. :cornette:

That's not the point I'm making here, annnnnd we all know you know that.

Constant claims of trolling are really annoying, as are the demands of 'close this thread1!!11!' which seem to be becoming commonplace. Not being able to handle and engage with different opinions is sad.

Sometimes in life, Lewis, you meet people at the weekend or at work who hold different views than what you do - a message board is going to be the same. Its a healthy thing.

:jjyay:

A thread about trolling has, surprise surprise, attracted the usual trolls. Shocking.

Indeed

Sometimes reading a thread on JKB my old memory reverts to days back walking a beat in Niddrie.  It was not unusual to see a female dog in heat being chased by a pack of males, usually one alpha dog in the lead with a few followers barking and yipping whilst following, the tail end of the group were wee yappers who were never going to compete for the prize anyway, but I guess just yapping with the big guys made them happy.

Archived