What Was Your Most Enjoyable Age?

Homme

I've turned the big three zero today. I thought i would be gutted but actually feeling pretty fine about it all. Bagged myself a great job recently and have a baby boy on the way in January which i can't wait for so i'm looking forward to the next few years to see what they bring.

I'm hoping that the next ten years are as enjoyable as my twenties (for the most part).

Question is, what age or age range have you enjoyed most in your life / found the most rewarding / been the most successful? Any wasted years? My late teens and early twenties were not wasted, but could have been more productive i think. Lots of partying, experimenting but not much planning for the future - which now i am slightly regretting but i wouldn't have changed it for the world at the time. I did always manage to combine a very social lifestyle with hard work and uni / college and i am grateful that i managed to balance it all.

Also kudos to Mrs Homme who bagged me Twilight Sad tickets for the Barrowlands and a cracking new watch :)

Live in the moment so age doesn't matter. There's always more through experience and being open.

Got something different from every age. 19-25 everything possible

30-40 a lot of living, learning through some very hard times, events and coming through these.

40-50 - All about learning how life works (plus some great times with the Jambos!)

Now more than ever know that physical health is foundation for everything and working on a good mental state allows for more possibilities.

At each age I have different measures of enjoyable.

I would say around 23 was the best for a social aspect, however I had just bought my first flat and money was pretty scarce, so maybe could have a few more great nights if a bit more money.

I would say 33- now (36) have been very enjoyable as much more financially secure, have mutilple holidays a year and I am much more able to buy things I wished for in my 20s but couldn't afford. Also feels good to be able to give back to my family who helped me when younger and see how happy that makes them.

jack D and coke

Best years for me were 27-32. You look your best, you've got a few quid and you've learned a lot.

Done an absolute power between those ages.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Mid twenties to mid thirties. Drinking, taking drugs, shagging, travelling, mature student at a top art college. Not a care in the world!

I'd agree that around 22 / 23 was epic. I have absolutely nothing to show for it though other than some awesome memories!

The People's Chimp

I'd agree that around 22 / 23 was epic. I have absolutely nothing to show for it though other than some awesome memories!

Memories of not having many memories. Seriously though it was great for me, in my final year as an undergrad I had a class every 2 weeks, then as a postgrad I had a lot more contact but it was still pretty relaxed in terms of time off and free mornings. There was an amazing night on a wednesday with all drinks at ?1.50, class tunes, and after parties every week. What a time to be alive. :laugh: 

For me the twenties.  Had my last year in the army, had done well above my expectations in success, got into the Edinburgh Police, satisfied my fathers ambition, met my wife, got married, a good decade, which provided what I needed for the future, which included career, family, new Country, culminating in a satisfactory life.

Was able to watch that which I think was still the best decade or so of Hearts quality, and success.

Fitzroy Pointon

Between 14-17 was pretty cool, getting drunk n experimenting with drugs n girls was pretty sweet.  

Between 18-20 going out every weekend, friday and saturday night.  

Between 21-23 I had a steady girlfriend and plenty of money to spend on PS2's, clothes, meals out, nights out.  That's the time I mostly think back to.  

But I would have to say, despite being in a pretty shitty but stable job, I'm 33 at the end of this month and I'm quite content with my life at present.   

Craig Gordons Gloves

0-40 have been pretty magic to be honest. 

Being at high school was fun - discovering music properly, girls and the like.

Uni was good - living away from home, learning shit and meeting people

Working from age 21 onwards has also been pretty good

I have 4 dates that are the best dates in my life - 8th April 2004, 19th Feb 2009, 22nd Sep 2010 and 16th May 1998.  Wedding, kids and of course, our first proper trophy of my lifetime aged 23. 

23 (finished college) - 30.

I used to think that saying about 'your possessions start to own you' was a lot of hippy new-age s**t but it turns out it's true. I bought a flat when I turned 30 and since then it's not about having fun, doing what you want, travelling about, it's all about *stuff*, its acquisition and its maintainance.

Also all your friends get older too and nights out become scarcer and scarcer.

:-(

14-17 fun times all round :D

17-20 lost soul lol partying too much and college

20-22 finally started to see a potential for myself to be self employed

22-25 set in a career now for what id imagine will be forever until i retire

the next 5 years should be my peak from what i can gather but i guess we will see

Best years for me were 27-32. You look your best, you've got a few quid and you've learned a lot.

Done an absolute power between those ages.

Makes for good reading, as i turned 27 three weeks ago!

jack D and coke

Makes for good reading, as i turned 27 three weeks ago!

Birds fall over themselves for you at that age if your single with a few quid and like me an extremely handsome chap[emoji6]

Best of luck to you pal i wish it was me again[emoji1]

JudyJudyJudy

Cant say a particular age really. Its just about certain memories of certain times at different ages . But i do think having your first job and your own money in your pocket and meeting new people was a great time in my life. 

Riddley Walker

I've turned the big three zero today. I thought i would be gutted but actually feeling pretty fine about it all. Bagged myself a great job recently and have a baby boy on the way in January which i can't wait for so i'm looking forward to the next few years to see what they bring.

I'm hoping that the next ten years are as enjoyable as my twenties (for the most part).

Question is, what age or age range have you enjoyed most in your life / found the most rewarding / been the most successful? Any wasted years? My late teens and early twenties were not wasted, but could have been more productive i think. Lots of partying, experimenting but not much planning for the future - which now i am slightly regretting but i wouldn't have changed it for the world at the time. I did always manage to combine a very social lifestyle with hard work and uni / college and i am grateful that i managed to balance it all.

Also kudos to Mrs Homme who bagged me Twilight Sad tickets for the Barrowlands and a cracking new watch :)

Wait- did you not say last week you'd just become a father? Am I getting you mixed up with someone else? :lol:

Mid twenties to mid thirties. Drinking, taking drugs, shagging, travelling, mature student at a top art college. Not a care in the world!

winner

28 for reasons mentioned above.

But 29 has been particularly barry as I've just started a fling with a bursd that is so far out of my league it's not even funny. :yas:

Archived