Was our pen against Partick soft?

Watt-Zeefuik

Watt-Zeefuik

I thought it was a stonewaller live, but I was at an inn where the internet wasn't so hot and the quality kept dropping.  Back at home now and watching Hambone's highlights I'm starting to think Bannigan got the ball and Paterson got there a moment later.

Anyone else think we might have gotten a freebie there?  Perhaps that's why the referee swallowed his whistle when King got bulldozed in the box later in the match.

Thought Police

No danger. Cleaned him out. It was clearly going to be a penalty as soon as King played the ball inside.

100% stonewaller and the Thistle players didn't even bother complaining about the decision.

Nucky Thompson

You could dissect every penalty decision with slow motion and make a case for it not to be given. You'll never see a more stonewaller all season IMO

You could dissect every penalty decision with slow motion and make a case for it not to be given. You'll never see a more stonewaller all season IMO

Apart from the one with Billy King which we didn't get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts too

The Old Tolbooth

Even Willie Collum would have given that one I think.

Aye, to Thistle!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We all know how different the answers would be if it was awarded against us.

Yes we do, we would have been slating the player who dived in to give away the clear as day penalty.

Dalstonjambo

We should have had 2 penalties after the one we got. The foul on king, and also a handball where the buy pretty much caught it, pushed it down with his hand and cleared it.

The OP likes to argue in am empty hoose.  A stonewaller. 

Yes we do, we would have been slating the player who dived in to give away the clear as day penalty.

Agreed. Have to admit at the time from the wheatfield I thought Bannigan got to the ball at the same time as Paterson but was still sure the ref was going to give it. Ridiculous challenge to make.

On the replay it looks a stonewaller.

I thought it was a stonewaller live, but I was at an inn where the internet wasn't so hot and the quality kept dropping.  Back at home now and watching Hambone's highlights I'm starting to think Bannigan got the ball and Paterson got there a moment later.

Anyone else think we might have gotten a freebie there?  Perhaps that's why the referee swallowed his whistle when King got bulldozed in the box later in the match.

Stonewaller with absolutely no protest from Thistle.

Rabbie_Burns

Did their players protest much? I don't remember. If they didn't it's normally a good sign it was fair.

Not a peep from them over it

no it was not soft but the actual taking of the penalty was. But he redeemed himself with a good goal 

Clever move

player coming in quick, unexpected is always likely to be clipped, or be through on goal

question makes me wonder if ref had doubts though, by not then giving 2 penalties after for hand ball and wrestle on King

john brownlee

If players like Paterson, Nicholson and Walker get into the box with their turn of pace, we will be getting a lot more pens, wether we get all the shouts it remains to be seen as in today's game we got one out of three good claims. At least this time nobody was claiming we dived and cheated. I'm sure that will rear it ugly head in future games! However we do need a pen-taker the ratio is not good enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's enough evidence for me that it was a stonewaller.

I'm pretty sure Bannigan makes a half hearted point towards the ball.

But if he'd actually won it I think it's fair to say he'd have protested a bit more.

I thought it was a stonewaller live, but I was at an inn where the internet wasn't so hot and the quality kept dropping. Back at home now and watching Hambone's highlights I'm starting to think Bannigan got the ball and Paterson got there a moment later.

Anyone else think we might have gotten a freebie there? Perhaps that's why the referee swallowed his whistle when King got bulldozed in the box later in the match.

Eh, No.

Francis Albert

The opposite from the OP. Seeing it live from the main stand I thought Paterson had charged into the challenge looking for the penalty. But in the TV highlights it was as blatant a penalty as you'll see, and the Partick players clearly thought so too.

Cut The Crap

We seem to winning a lot of penalties this year by driving at and past opponents inside the area, forcing them to do something., It's marvelous.

The Bitters on Hibs.net are lapping up your headline mate.

We should have had 2 penalties after the one we got. The foul on king, and also a handball where the buy pretty much caught it, pushed it down with his hand and cleared it.

Nope and this ^^^^^^^ ref bottled it.

The prince one in the first half looked blatant. Plus the possible 2 others in the 2nd half.

We just need someone consistent to take them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's change the title to -

SHOULD WE HAVE HAD FOUR PENALTIES AGAINST PARTICK?

Im in the wheatfield directly in line and it was as stone wall a penalty as you will see all season.

Thought we had a case for the blatant catching of the ball as well which was right in line with me but that wasnt down to the ref it was his assistant that needed to call that one.

Let's change the title to -

SHOULD WE HAVE HAD FOUR PENALTIES AGAINST PARTICK?

yes, probably

probably scored 1 and another rebound

The Billy King one was a joke tbh. Only reason I wasn't livid was because I was half cut and happy with the scoreline at that point.

Archived