Tourists

HMFC86

Noticed at the game yesterday there were two grips of foreign tourists. Both sets had photos taken in the stand and seemed to enjoy themselves.

Wonder if this is a byproduct of the trip advisor rating. Was good to see.

Heartsofgold

Noticed this a couple of weeks ago against Motherwell.  There was a group of American High School students and a group of, I think Spaniards, at the game.  They all seemed to enjoy themselves.

Would be great for the clubs profile if we can become one of the things to see when you visit Edinburgh.

Would be great for the clubs profile if we can become one of the things to see when you visit Edinburgh.

Scott Wilson is the voice of Edinburgh airport. He should slip in a Hearts reference or two, when he records his annoucements.

Couple got on the bus at Motherwell game wanting Hearts arena.

I wonder what they would call Easter Road.

The Shite Gridiron?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Scott Wilson is the voice of Edinburgh airport. He should slip in a Hearts reference or two, when he records his announcements.

" All flights now departing from gate 51, that is gate five one" :2thumbsup:

All roads lead to Gorgie

:pleasing:

And they all depart at 19:02.

"For the Lochend party just arrived you will be able to reclaim your bags in 51 mins from either carousel five or one"

Rabbie_Burns

Japanese couple beside us in N3 upper plus a group of about 8 US or Canadian guys who were wearing their newly bought Hearts shirts

Japanese couple beside us in N3 upper plus a group of about 8 US or Canadian guys who were wearing their newly bought Hearts shirts

Yeah those are the ones I seen.

stirlingshirejambo

Group of 6 canadians in the roseburn plus a few new fans from Edinburgh.

Dad and his teenage son sat beside me didn't know any of the players and kept excitedly looking at programme to identify them.

Really enjoyed the game though.

Loved the fact that new fans are still being attracted. More the merrier

Who would have thought that tourists would be in town during the festival?

If they want a quality, cultured and exciting show, they come to Tynecastle. If they want comedy, or something so bad, it is entertaining, they go to Easter Road.

Remnants of Standards

I wonder what they would call Easter Road.

The Shite Gridiron?

xShurely The Shite Grinder?

An American guy came in to the Diggers with his two young blonde daughters just before 2pm... They saw how busy it was and said "shall we just head to the stadium and get a drink there" and we're about to walk out when I said "You can't get a drink at the stadium", which puzzled them to say the least.

The two guys in front of us were also tourists. One had 2-0 Hearts, the other had 3-0. It was great banter when the third went in... I think they were Polish... They kept staying "stay three zero, we need stripper money".

The Real Maroonblood

An American guy came in to the Diggers with his two young blonde daughters just before 2pm... They saw how busy it was and said "shall we just head to the stadium and get a drink there" and we're about to walk out when I said "You can't get a drink at the stadium", which puzzled them to say the least.

The two guys in front of us were also tourists. One had 2-0 Hearts, the other had 3-0. It was great banter when the third went in... I think they were Polish... They kept staying "stay three zero, we need stripper money".

Nice story.

Benny Factor

Cincinnati Hearts Supporters Club :)

Rabbie_Burns

Seemed to enjoy having their photos taken holding handfuls of pies :)

The fact that we have a supporters club in Cincinnati is fantastic. Great for the guys to make it over.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Who would have thought that tourists would be in town during the festival?

:cornette:

Has anyone at all expressed surprise about there being tourists in town during the festival?

Son Of Anarchy

This is a market we should be doing more about. I know its tough as we dont have too many walk up tickets any more but for hospitality etc we should be targeting tourists. Give them a free stadium tour with a booked table in hospitality. Brings money in and can be advertised cheaply via leafleting etc.

:cornette:

Has anyone at all expressed surprise about there being tourists in town during the festival?

:facepalm:

You are clearly too stupid to bother arguing with.

Sat next to a North American guy and girl vs Motherwell. He seemed to know quite a bit about Scott MacDonald.

or they could watch hibs?..........well,they would get a seat at fester road!

Archived