Next years sponsors??

scotty2442

scotty2442

Im sure I remember some talk from the Hearts board a while ago that we would have a no sponsor for next season as being sponsored by Ukio Bankas wasn't commerically in the best interest of the club financially......has anyone heard anymore about whether it will be a new sponsor for next year??

Its pointless having Ukio as our sponsor....they still have no business in the UK and we arent in Europe, so how does sponoring Hearts promote their business......plus we'd make much more money bringing another on on board

Any thoughts ??

Ray Winstone

We employed a company to find us a sponsor - they didnt find us a sponsor so we have resorted back to Ukio Bankos.

Simple as that really.

A theory..

UKio were hitting the buffers when trying to set up their Edinburgh branch due to legal reasons, but through no fault of them as they met all the Bank of England and regualtor requirements, so their opening was going to be delayed to any time in the future. Perhhpas they decided for that reason, as pointed out, there was no point in sponsorship.

They now are stepping up the pace more than ever after winding down slightly - so I understand - so perhaps now see sponsorship s now worthwile again?

Just a theory based on little tit bits I here on the subject of Banking, as I work in the industry, though yes that does not make nme qualified as an expert.

I P Knightley
We employed a company to find us a sponsor - they didnt find us a sponsor so we have resorted back to Ukio Bankos.

Simple as that really.

Where was this company from? It certainly smacks of laziness and surrender. Although with VR's meddling and occasional pie-in-the-sky ambitions there could be another side to the story.

Surely there's a company out there somewhere that would be willing to part with some money on order to have its name on the shirts of an SPL team? (Me working on the basis that some money coming in is better than no money coming in)

Like Scotty, I can't see the benefit to Ukio of being on the shirt.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
Where was this company from? It certainly smacks of laziness and surrender. Although with VR's meddling and occasional pie-in-the-sky ambitions there could be another side to the story.

Surely there's a company out there somewhere that would be willing to part with some money on order to have its name on the shirts of an SPL team? (Me working on the basis that some money coming in is better than no money coming in)

Have we actually said next season sponsors will be UKIO BANKAS. Havent heard anything either way. I agree though, someone must be interested somewhere

Drylaw Hearts
Have we actually said next season sponsors will be UKIO BANKAS. Havent heard anything either way. I agree though, someone must be interested somewhere

I think they will announce it when revealing the new strips.

I'm pretty sure it has been confirmed by Hearts that Ukio Bankas wil be our sponsor next year.

How about

Carlsberg_logo2.jpg

Probably the worst *****in run club in the World!

It has got a certain ring to it

rudi must stay

it was an STV company IIRC which is suspicious due to their links with SMG

A theory..

UKio were hitting the buffers when trying to set up their Edinburgh branch due to legal reasons, but through no fault of them as they met all the Bank of England and regualtor requirements, so their opening was going to be delayed to any time in the future. Perhhpas they decided for that reason, as pointed out, there was no point in sponsorship.

They now are stepping up the pace more than ever after winding down slightly - so I understand - so perhaps now see sponsorship s now worthwile again?

Just a theory based on little tit bits I here on the subject of Banking, as I work in the industry, though yes that does not make nme qualified as an expert.

Seems plausible and logical.

Therefore it is far too sensible to be remotely considered by the majority of the denizens of JKB.

I like your thinking though.

The Future's Maroon
I'm pretty sure it has been confirmed by Hearts that Ukio Bankas wil be our sponsor next year.
I was positive it had been announced as well, but just looked on the Hearts site and cant find the story? either very odd or I'm blind?

I P Knightley

I didn't intend to imply that I knew one way or the other.

I don't see the point for Ukio in being on the shirt, nor for Hearts of having them there if additional revenue can be generated from a 3rd party.

My guess is that Ukio became a fall-back when no 3rd party would come up with the money being asked for by the Hearts and my suspicion is that that amount of money may have been unrealistic and Hearts were inflexible. That or they went about finding a sponsor in a half-assed way.

This just depresses me...

I was positive it had been announced as well, but just looked on the Hearts site and cant find the story? either very odd or I'm blind?

IIRC it was buried at the bottom of another news story. You know the usual 1 sentence at the end of a page where they try and slip in some bad news and hope no-one notices.

I was told my some one who works for an agency that k1664 were interested.... but for some reason, which I cant remember it didnt happen.

Ukio Bankas' share price has not responded too well to the news that they are to remain our main sponsors for next season - share price back close to the lows and down 27% in the last year ...

... who gets to pick the Main Sponsors Ukio Bankas man of the match by the way?

I don't recall seeing it on the Hearts site, it was on Talk 107 and somwhere else that I remember reading it was still Ukio, but don't remember seeing it on the Hearts site, I might have missed it though.

The People's Chimp

The complete truth from a member of the marketing team is:

Heart employed an outside agency to value "the hearts brand" - this brand is worth a lot of money to a sponsor because

the large fanbase

the high (highest?) percentage of ABC1s as supporters

the profile of the club

etc.

Hearts had a number of offers from potential sponsors, each of which was put to the board. Unfortunately the offers did not meet the valuation which had been placed on the sponsorship of this club. The board then turned down the offers and decided to go with Ukio.

The complete truth from a member of the marketing team is:

Heart employed an outside agency to value "the hearts brand" - this brand is worth a lot of money to a sponsor because

the large fanbase

the high (highest?) percentage of ABC1s as supporters

the profile of the club

etc.

Hearts had a number of offers from potential sponsors, each of which was put to the board. Unfortunately the offers did not meet the valuation which had been placed on the sponsorship of this club. The board then turned down the offers and decided to go with Ukio.

Then this is loopy all round.

I presume that Hearts paid something to the outside agency.

The outside agency then provided a poor estimate of the value of the Hearts brand.

This was then compounded by not accepting the top sponsorship offer - presumably more than Ukio Bankas' offer as there is potentially some business opportunity for an outsider whereas Ukio Bankas have no business opportunity as a result of sponsorship.

Would say it is unbelievable but given the running of the club ...:mad:

A theory..

I understood that UKIO do meet the liquidity requirements etc but need to go into a partnership with a British clearing bank but so far have been unable to do so.................................Wonder why??????????????

Cut The Crap

Our inability to attract investment into the club from external sources does not bode particularly well for the proposed stadium development.

Seems plausible and logical.

Therefore it is far too sensible to be remotely considered by the majority of the denizens of JKB.

I like your thinking though.

The only thing that would make sense is that no sponsor would come within a mile of the lunacy that rules at Tynecastle and to save embarrassment they stuck UKIO on rather than have nothing.

If I remember right, there was supposed to be a worldwide company that was going to sponsor us next season, as usual, these stories come out and then disappear as quick as they come, I certainly haven't heard of anything so far since.

The People's Chimp
Then this is loopy all round.

I presume that Hearts paid something to the outside agency.

The outside agency then provided a poor estimate of the value of the Hearts brand.

This was then compounded by not accepting the top sponsorship offer - presumably more than Ukio Bankas' offer as there is potentially some business opportunity for an outsider whereas Ukio Bankas have no business opportunity as a result of sponsorship.

Would say it is unbelievable but given the running of the club ...:mad:

I think you're reading too much into it. First of all, it is the norm to get a value placed on the sponsorship - so that when negotiating, you can say X agency gave us Y value. I hardly think you can criticise hearts for obtaining an outside valuation.

Just because nobody met the asking price, it doesn't follow that they gave a poor estimate of the value of the hearts brand. If, for instance, we had undersold it this year, then how can we justify putting the price up significantly next year? would you say that taking less than aberdeen, or hibs, are paid would be good business sense? it also devalues the hearts brand. So it isn't a simple choice.

You might say that we should have taken a decent brand offering a decent amount for a period of one year. I would tend to agree with that. But i can at least see where the board is coming from on this occasion.

He also said, and i realised i hadn't after posting, that the reason brands were wary is because of the romanov element. he is seen as unpredictable, not the most trustworhty and that has reflected on the club. If we have a good steady season then i'm sure that next summer there will be a lot of companies lining up to get involved.

The company tasked with finding us a new sponsor was Granada

Ukio Bankas will be our new sponsor next season, it was announced 2 or 3 weeks ago IIRC

I can't blame Granada for failing to find us a suitable sponsor though, who in their right mind would want that that shambles representing your business based on last season?? The Samaritans perhaps....

I think you're reading too much into it. First of all, it is the norm to get a value placed on the sponsorship - so that when negotiating, you can say X agency gave us Y value. I hardly think you can criticise hearts for obtaining an outside valuation.

Just because nobody met the asking price, it doesn't follow that they gave a poor estimate of the value of the hearts brand. If, for instance, we had undersold it this year, then how can we justify putting the price up significantly next year? would you say that taking less than aberdeen, or hibs, are paid would be good business sense? it also devalues the hearts brand. So it isn't a simple choice.

You might say that we should have taken a decent brand offering a decent amount for a period of one year. I would tend to agree with that. But i can at least see where the board is coming from on this occasion.

He also said, and i realised i hadn't after posting, that the reason brands were wary is because of the romanov element. he is seen as unpredictable, not the most trustworhty and that has reflected on the club. If we have a good steady season then i'm sure that next summer there will be a lot of companies lining up to get involved.

Other companies wouldn't know how much the sponsorship for this year was. It doesn't make any difference to the value of the brand. Actually as you say far more damage has been done to the brand by VR and his methods rather than taking a 'cheap' year's sponsorship.

I think that the club should find another agency for next year who might provide a more accurate valuation of how much the sponsorship of Hearts is worth.

Much as I am a Hearts fan I would not, under any circumstances, want my company logo (if I had one) on a Hearts strip. Romanov's antics embarrass me at the best of times as a fan-however to link a company brand to this would take a lot of courage as you are never sure what he is going to say or do next!

We'll find out for sure on the 2nd of June when the away strip is unveiled (as stated by the promo posters in the ticket office).

How much have Ukios paid Hearts in sponsorship since they first appeared on the front of our shirts a few years back?

We'll find out for sure on the 2nd of June when the away strip is unveiled (as stated by the promo posters in the ticket office).

How much have Ukios paid Hearts in sponsorship since they first appeared on the front of our shirts a few years back?

No doubt knocked a couple of zeros of the monthly interest payments.;)

Marmeladent?rtchen

I thought we were getting sponsored by

"Pampers"!!!

:whistling: I'll get me coat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ukio Bankas will officially be our sponsor next season after UB chose to take up the option of a final year.

Jambo, Goodbye

It was on the official website weeks ago, I think with them being on our shirt we do get subsidies, probably through being charged less interest to our hefty debt.

Maybe nobody else could offer more than what we would save through Ukio.

I understood that UKIO do meet the liquidity requirements etc but need to go into a partnership with a British clearing bank but so far have been unable to do so.................................Wonder why??????????????

I believe that possibly was the case, UKIO were annoyed that the banks have a stereotypical iomage of Eastern European countries.

They could set up as a clearing bank in their own right, but this would not be financially viable for a one branch operation at this (or that) time.

I believe that possibly was the case, UKIO were annoyed that the banks have a stereotypical iomage of Eastern European countries.

They could set up as a clearing bank in their own right, but this would not be financially viable for a one branch operation at this (or that) time.

Would it be financially worthwhile for any UK bank to take on the role of partnership with such a small operation as Ukio Bankas as they try to enter a very competitive and mature UK banking sector?

Having heard about some of the early incarnations of what Ukio Bankas were going to do in the UK - and how they were trying to go about it - I am not surprised that it has been a damp squib so far.

The Future's Maroon

Still couldn't find the story on the offical site as I was positive it was announced a while back....but in todays EEN article on Berra there is a small relation to it.

The club have confirmed a year-long extension to their sponsorship agreement with Ukio Bankas, the Lithuanian bank owned by majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov

shaun.lawson

It really bugs me that the club are still sponsored by our owner's bank: I don't think it does anything for our credibility, to be honest. Call me a nostalgic old stick in the mud, but back in the '80s, England's then Big Five were instantly recognisable by the sponsors' logos on their shirts: Crown Paints, SHARP, JVC, NEC and Holsten. Similarly, I thought our tie-in with Strongbow was the dog's, and loved how our shirts looked back then. I miss it. :sad:

Archived