Billy Davies IS Interested.

Guest GhostHunter

vegas-voss

That title should read Billy Davies is interested - in himself.

The Scottish Jose(in his own little world that is)

But not interested enough to apply.

No thanks.

He also gets the thumbs down from me :icon13:

vegas-voss
But not interested enough to apply.

No thanks.

It's beneath him to apply.;)

Please no, reading the interview, he comes across as an arrogant to$$er. He has no intention of applying for this job or any, as people should know how great he is.

Let us also remember he did not even want to be interviewed for the Scotland job, or so we are led to believe, beecause he thinks he is that great.

vegas-voss
Did Mark McGhee apply ?

Mark McGhee was in a job this guy is actively touting himself but then saying im too good to apply.

Having seen him do pretty well at Preston and Derby I think I would take him (though i agree he should apply for the post himself).

However, there is always something niggling in my mind about why he got emptied for the Scotland job and why he's not really been in the frame for other recent jobs down south. I get the feeling he might be a wee bit of a bad egg.

Charlie-Brown

I'd personally prefer Levein, Jeffries or Sturrock and probably some others too before we go phoning Billy Davies.

vegas-voss

Why was there so much bad blood between him and Derby even before he got them promoted.There is something not right at all and if he came to Hearts you can sure as hell garauntee it would surface.

Jambosimmy

i would like BD as next manager but this "im no applying they can come and get me" attitude doesnt really work for me.

Denny Crane

Davies said: My track record speaks for itself. I've got no intention of applying for the Hearts job or any other job. People know what my record is and they know what type of manager I am. My pedigree is quite clear, they (Hearts] either want that type of manager or they want something different.

A lot of folk here no doubt have a decent track record in their chosen profession but I bet they still have to apply if something better arose.

Seems to be a common trait amongst the football fraternity of "waiting for the phone to ring". Have they not heard of the saying: "if the mountain won't come to Muhammed....."?

Drylaw Hearts
Mark McGhee was in a job this guy is actively touting himself but then saying im too good to apply.

We've been looking for a Manager for 5 months.

He's been out of work for longer than that yet the little nob didn't even think of asking his agent to approach us !!

The last thing we need is a Manager who's ego is bigger than our owners.

vegas-voss
i would like BD as next manager but this "im no applying they can come and get me" attitude doesnt really work for me.

Does not work for anyone that's why he is jobless.I think the whole thing is most probably a ploy that Mandaric gets in contact with him.

shaun.lawson

You know, it's funny. A bit over a year ago, I asked you what you thought of Davies. You replied with:

1. He's a HUN.

2. Face. Bovvered.

Now, eloquent riposte to my witterings this no doubt was - but what, pray tell, has changed? :)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Hilarous comments from him in the EEN. The Voice has spoken.

Christ, can HMFC have room for TWO egomaniacs?

Still could not see this guy working with Vlad but stranger things have happened. Maybe Vlad would be the type to have more respect for this blowhard and his record was fairly decent.

I would take him, but really don't think he would last long.

vegas-voss
We've been looking for a Manager for 5 months.

He's been out of work for longer than that yet the little nob didn't even think of asking his agent to approach us !!

The last thing we need is a Manager who's ego is bigger than our owners.

Said that to the guy Eggo that started a Davies thread that i don't think things would work with Davies because of reasons other than football.Of course he then got abusive and told me i knew nowt which he also did to others.

Nelly Terraces

Fair enough from Davis. That's football. Do you lot actually think nobody will ever come to him with a decent job? How niave. This bloke will get a job sooner rather than later, and it'll probably be at a better run club than our tinpot operation.

Get a reality check kids, your sounding a a bit arrogant yourselves.

Cheers.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Said that to the guy Eggo that started a Davies thread that i don't think things would work with Davies because of reasons other than football.Of course he then got abusive and told me i knew nowt which he also did to others.

Sounds like him alright.

The soul of tolerance.

Guest GhostHunter
And there's the box set!

Didn't want to disappoint.

I hear that there is a bonus dvd due out soon

:D

Guest GhostHunter
You know, it's funny. A bit over a year ago, I asked you what you thought of Davies. You replied with:

1. He's a HUN.

2. Face. Bovvered.

Now, eloquent riposte to my witterings this no doubt was - but what, pray tell, has changed? :)

I hate these people with photographic mammories.

We finished 8th in the league - that's what changed.

Charlie-Brown

If Hearts appointed him then of course I would support him in the same way I backed and supported previous Hearts managers whom weren't particular favourites of mine ie McLean, Jordan, Rix....but Billy Davies although he is a good manager would be quite far down my list of preferred candidates.

Drylaw Hearts
Fair enough from Davis. That's football. Do you lot actually think nobody will ever come to him with a decent job? How niave. This bloke will get a job sooner rather than later, and it'll probably be at a better run club than our tinpot operation.

Get a reality check kids, your sounding a a bit arrogant yourselves.

Cheers.

If you want a job badly enough you apply.

You don't sit in the house waiting for someone to contact you.

He obviously doesn't want it enough so feck him.

We don't need someone who really isn't that interested in the first place.

rudi must stay

wouldn't take him cos he's just waiting for the OF/ Rangers to come along. That's why it's not a bad idea appointing JJ atleast he would have a bit more commitment which is imo what we need after the amount of managers we've had in the past 3 years.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

BD does sound a gobby wee *****. And I would prefer JJ. But i would take him as manager. And surely in this day and age managers dont apply for jobs. Whether they out of work or not. Chairman immediatly bang on about board meetings and short lists when a manager goes. I would imagine a manager that has to apply for a job, really isnt good enough for that job. Or maybe I'm wrong

When it comes to football, and the SPL in particular, arrogance wouldn't be such a bad thing.

wouldn't take him cos he's just waiting for the OF/ Rangers to come along. That's why it's not a bad idea appointing JJ atleast he would have a bit more commitment which is imo what we need after the amount of managers we've had in the past 3 years.

So do we get a ****e manager who the Old Firm wouldn't touch? Jeez. I want a man with ambition. If that ambition includes climbing on to bigger and greater heights, so be it.

Hans von Luck
He seems to think he is 'above' applying for a job! WTF!

Did Mark McGhee apply for the job ?

Dont think so.

Still want a foreign manager as JJ, BD, CL...................dont do it for me.

He seems to think he is 'above' applying for a job! WTF!

"My track record speaks for itself. I've got no intention of applying for the Hearts job or any other job."

He's not applying for any jobs, he'll wait until he's wanted by a club.

I do it in Football Manager all the time :o

Did Mark McGhee apply for the job ?

Dont think so.

Still want a foreign manager as JJ, BD, CL...................dont do it for me.

Yes but did Mcghhhhhhhee say 'my record speaks for himself'!!

who does Davies think he is Alex bleedin Ferguson like!

Hans von Luck

I did not want MM or do I want BD either, both are tarred with the OF disease.

Hagar the Horrible

I would rather have a Manager telling the world how good he/we are than JJ CL and GB telling us the reality that the best we can hope for is third?

I want more belief and he might come across as a bit of an arrogant tool, but he would be our arrogant tool!:cool:

I did not want MM or do I want BD either, both are tarred with the OF disease.

Posts like this are just bizzarre in my opinion. What exactly is the Old Firm disease? Do you suggest we get a manager below Old Firm standards so Celtic nor Rangers come near him?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I don't see what the problem is here. Yes, he sounds a bit arrogant but in this day and age, if you want a manager the board/chairman approaches him.

Not my first choice but I'd take him in a second. Beggars can't be choosers.

I'll repeat that for those of you turning your nose up at a competent manager.

BEGGARS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS.

Pants Shaton
I don't see what the problem is here. Yes, he sounds a bit arrogant but in this day and age, if you want a manager the board/chairman approaches him.

Not my first choice but I'd take him in a second. Beggars can't be choosers.

I'll repeat that for those of you turning your nose up at a competent manager.

BEGGARS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS.

CHEGGERS CAN'T BE BOOZERS

_42351261_cheggers_220pa.jpg

he's such a snarling wee gobshoooite though...

But he'd be our snarling wee gobshoooite ;)

I think Billy Davis would be a great appointment. I would have taken him over McGhee. Leven would be my number 1 but can't see him leaving united

If Billy Davis go the gig, would it be OK for us to sing Hello, Hello, We are the Billy Boys.......

Hagar the Horrible

Thats Sir Alex bleeding Ferguson to you;)

always a jambo

He does come across as being arrogant but what manager applies for jobs these days?

We could do a whole lot worse than Davies.

Drylaw Hearts
He does come across as being arrogant but what manager applies for jobs these days?

We could do a whole lot worse than Davies.

Are you saying when a Club announces they are looking for a New Manager that they don't actually get anyone applying ?

If that is true then how did Rix get a job at Hearts ?

Do you think we head hunted him ? Or did he apply and that started the ball rolling ?

Archived