Carrier bag v Celtic

lauriesrank

Phil Dunphy

Look forward to hearing how Celtic hoovering up millions of pounds is good for Heart Of Midlothian.

lauriesrank

Based on the fact that Qarabag are no mugs, celtic are not as good as they think they are and although celtic may score, Qarabag will still win 3-1 :)

lauriesrank

Look forward to hearing how Celtic hoovering up millions of pounds is good for Heart Of Midlothian.

Hope not!  Celtic going out is the best thing for all football!

The Treasurer

As usual I will hope that celtic win but laugh at them if they get humped. 

Why do you hope they win ??

Really can't think why anyone outside of darkhead or Paisley would anything other than total humiliation

lauriesrank

Carrier bag :vrface:

Didn't want to suffer from orthoepy and mispronounce, that'll do for me!

Why do you hope they win ??

Really can't think why anyone outside of darkhead or Paisley would anything other than total humiliation

My signature used to say 'I support Hearts and Scotland', and that includes supporting Scottish football in general. Celtic are, despite what their plastic paddie fans say, a Scottish football club and I want all Scottish football clubs to do well when representing my country. I can understand the financial argument where celtic get richer if they do well but all other clubs get a financial spin-off too, albeit a lot less than celtic

The Treasurer

My signature used to say 'I support Hearts and Scotland', and that includes supporting Scottish football in general. Celtic are, despite what their plastic paddie fans say, a Scottish football club and I want all Scottish football clubs to do well when representing my country. I can understand the financial argument where celtic get richer if they do well but all other clubs get a financial spin-off too, albeit a lot less than celtic

What financial spin off do other Scottish clubs get.

Not trying to start an argument, but I genuinely can't think of how we would

Celtic are a football Club who geographically play in Scotland but at the first opportunity would jettison Scottish football in favour of another league based in another country.   'Scottishness' is not at the heart of this Club.

Apart from a few crumbs for other Scottish clubs - Celtic are the only ones to benefit from any financial spin off.

I think I am in common with  Celtic fans when I say that Celtic is a football team based in Scotland not a "Scottish" team. 4-0 to Qarabag please.

noidletalk81

Even with their current finances as they are (without the millions obtained from entering the UCL group stages), we shall never be anywhere near that level of financial stability they have and the luxury to construct a dominant team from such wealth. So in reality, will an additional 5 million really make a vast difference to their domestic dominance this season and beyond? I really don't think it will.

I personally think it's more beneficial to have them in as many challenging competitions as possible, that's about our only chance of them slipping up domestically.

Not into this "carrier bag" chat, no place for casual racism on this board. Looks bad on Hearts as a whole!

Not into this "carrier bag" chat, no place for casual racism on this board. Looks bad on Hearts as a whole!

:spoton:

There's enough closet racists on the go on here at times without this horrible "carrier bag" chat.

What financial spin off do other Scottish clubs get.

Not trying to start an argument, but I genuinely can't think of how we would

I believe other clubs get money if celtic qualify for the CL group stages; not sure how much. I know a couple of years ago there was a rumour of us getting even more money if celtic got further than the group stages but that turned out not to be true. Also, the more good publicity that Scottish football gets, the higher our profile is and so we have a better chance of getting a reasonable tv deal next time

Hope Celtic are turfed out. Said the same in the past about Rangers.

No bias here. Can't stand either one of them.

I do enjoy the Old Firm incredulity when euro refs don't instinctively give them every decision as they do here.

What's the UK kick off time?

lauriesrank

Dunno how to edit the title as it seems that having a laugh isn't allowed cause it's racist.  So orthoepy is racist, fine!

lauriesrank

Hope Celtic are turfed out. Said the same in the past about Rangers.

No bias here. Can't stand either one of them.

I do enjoy the Old Firm incredulity when euro refs don't instinctively give them every decision as they do here.

What's the UK kick off time?

Half five (k/o) on BT euro :)  

The Treasurer

I believe other clubs get money if celtic qualify for the CL group stages; not sure how much. I know a couple of years ago there was a rumour of us getting even more money if celtic got further than the group stages but that turned out not to be true. Also, the more good publicity that Scottish football gets, the higher our profile is and so we have a better chance of getting a reasonable tv deal next time

The monies we get is buttons compared to the millions sellik would get from qualifying, so it still results in them gaining more financial muscle compared to the rest.

As for TV deals, all TV companies have made it crystal clear that, to them, Scottish football is sellik and sevco, every other club is irrelevant to them and no amount of European success will alter that mindset

There's enough closet racists on the go on here at times without this horrible "carrier bag" chat.

Maybe I'm missing the joke here - what is racist about "carrier bag"?

Look forward to seeing Celtic progress tonight, it's good for Scottish football.

:verysmug:

Is it indeed?

Look forward to seeing Celtic progress tonight, it's good for Scottish football.

tumblr_ly7r0qPc0r1qdl0vdo3_r1_500.gif

hearts_crazy

That's exactly what I was thinking.  Strange what some people put in the 'racist' bracket.

If Qarabag was a Scottish team and we had taken to calling them 'Carrier Bag' for a bit of a giggle would that be racist?  Would it ****, immature maybe, racist no. So how is it racist just because they happen to be from another country?  And it's no more offensive than folk from Azerbaijan calling us 'Farts' or something equally juvenile (and that also would not be racist).

hearts_crazy

Abject humiliation for Celtic please (although they'll probably get through on a technicality anyway, like Qarabag fielding an unregistered mascot or something).

john brownlee

I would if it was bin bags

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I was thinking.  Strange what some people put in the 'racist' bracket.

If Qarabag was a Scottish team and we had taken to calling them 'Carrier Bag' for a bit of a giggle would that be racist?  Would it ****, immature maybe, racist no. So how is it racist just because they happen to be from another country?  And it's no more offensive than folk from Azerbaijan calling us 'Farts' or something equally juvenile (and that also would not be racist).

Yeh that was my take - thought I was missing some subtle humour - obviously not.

I would if it was bin bags

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How about Baw Bags?

Son Of Anarchy

Racist carrier bags? Love this place. I'm going to wolf whistle at one and start a new thread.

We_are_the_Hearts

Anywhere else I would be shaking my head in disbelief.................on here it is not surprising............

Ryan Jarman

lunapic_13607152788908_8.jpg

x5UkXf4.gif?1

More pathetic coordinated trolling, give it a rest.

'Horrible' is a bit strong. Mildly ignorant would be more appropriate.given I started the same thread with this title a week ago, I'll apologise for any offence caused and admit my ignorance and lack of thought

Carrier bag isn't quite as bad as Smelltic, but it runs it pretty damn close.

So the term "Smelltic" needs to be banned does it?

So the term "Smelltic" needs to be banned does it?

Never said it did - just saying its a shite name/insult.

Anywhere else I would be shaking my head in disbelief.................on here it is not surprising............

Why exactly are you shaking your head?   "Carrier bag" is a play on the team's name, and yes it is a bit infantile - but if you really believe that it was racially motivated then quite a few will be shaking their heads in disbelief at your stance.

Archived