"Beasting" of a defender/ defence

Glottis

I am of the opinion that Juanma gave the St. J defence an absolute beasting on Sunday - particularly Brad McKay.

It got me thinking about the last time a Hearts striker had such an impact on an opposing defence.

Kevin Kyle probably did but I can't recall specific games, Skacel against St. Mirren could be a shout but I'm struggling to think of others.

Any you can think of?

This thread should have no need for chat about McKay`s comments.

ToadKiller Dog

Bednar against Celtic ,he ad them on toast in the 2-1 win which had the good goal called offside

All roads lead to Gorgie

Sandy Clark used to ruffle a lot of feathers and soften teams up for Robbo to exploit. He used to win headers that were defenders all the way and very few centre half's relished playing against him.

jambos are go!

De Vries against Hibs.

De Vries against everybody. Kevin Kyle next. But in terms of overall play Sandy Clark would always lead my line.

It was only Brad McKay. Looking forward to seeing how he gets on against a proper defender.

Bednar and Jankauskis in the first home game v Aberdeen in 2005. Both Anderson and Diamond had to temporarily leave the field to get their faces stitched during the first half.

My take on your OP is asking for a player that physically and technically dominates a defence. In my opinion, the best we've had at that in recent years was Jankauskas.

Broxburn Jambo

My idea of forward giving a defence a beasting is always about the physical. Kyle, Sandy Clark, Drew Busby are classic examples, Rudi and Robbo are the opposite of that. I think that Juanma could be a player that could have bits of both in his locker.

The Internet

Paterson gave hibs a torrid time during the admin season.

Indeed, he utterly dismantled Jordon Forster for his two goals at easter road. 

The Internet

Also, not a striker but Driver v Matt Doherty in the 2012 final was quite a sight to behold. 

Sandy Clark used to ruffle a lot of feathers and soften teams up for Robbo to exploit. He used to win headers that were defenders all the way and very few centre half's relished playing against him.

Underated was Sandy Clark.

And he's not praying

DSCF4003.jpg

DSCF4002.jpg

:jjyay:

Clerry Jambo

Ian Baird, not the greatest footballer but loved his aggression and aerial prowess, cannae beat a nice headed goal!!

All roads lead to Gorgie

Underated was Sandy Clark.

He might have appeared a bit slow and ungainly but that was deceptive as he always got on the end of JCs crosses. He would slot in well in today's team and walker would love his knock downs into his path.

i wish jj was my dad

Loved KK but Sandy the Foreheid consistently tortured some top class defenders for several years.

You just won't get away with that now.  

the stone rose

Bednar against Celtic ,he ad them on toast in the 2-1 win which had the good goal called offside

Which was perfect for me as i won ?750 for correct score and goal scorer that day!

Buffalo Bill

The Driver/Docherty roasting the first one I thought of.

And against us, I still remember Gary Naysmith v Kevin McAllister in the 1998 Scottish Cup semi.

De Vries against Hibs.

Another vote for this. Big Mark Beasted the shite that day.

:jjyay:

Jankauskas bent the Huns defence over in 05-06 during the 1-0 win. A very classy performance and not short on physicality.

As said, Sandy Clark used to do it every other week.

Paterson's Tache

Despite the rather downward trajectory of his career since, David Templeton would tie defences in knots when he felt like it. Two that come to mind are Hibs away, when he scored that solo goal, and a game at home to Motherwell where he had Tom Hateley on his arse from five metres away.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Jankauskas bent the Huns defence over in 05-06 during the 1-0 win. A very classy performance and not short on physicality.

Gordon Rae used to suffer terribly at the hands of Big Sandy. I have fond memories of that !

Bert Le Clos

This is the one that sticks out for me. Jankauskas was unplayable that day.

To a lesser extent Calum Elliot in the New Year's game against Celtic that we lost 3-2. He was ridiculously good that game.

Archived