Are any of the managers good enough??

JamboMarc

Are any of the guys linked with us good enough to take us where we want to be?? I mean all linked, Levein, Davies, Jeffries ect, could they have us challenging the old firm?? Obviously they will all be a huge step up to what we have at the moment and im sure they will have us challenging 3rd spot but 1st/2nd, im not too sure. I know we are miles away from that yet so thats why I think if its best to have the manager, whoever it may be, to get us up the table in the next year or two so then we could appoint a 'big' name manager to take us further.

Mild-Mannered James

With the budget cutbacks third place and a shot at the cups is the best we can hope for at the moment.

Big Jeff got us within a month of the title and won the cup with a lower budget than we have now. Times have changed even in those 10 years, but i think he'd do a good job considering where we are just now

eddiepolio

I totally agree with Jambomonty on this one. At the start of this revolution we were all looking forward to titles and cups etc with real hope. Any of these guys who are being banded around are only ever really going to be able to take us so far and not to the heights we are striving for. I know crawl before we can walk and all that, but is JJ, CL or any of these other folk really going to take us to be a force consistantly year after year?.

Are any of the guys linked with us good enough to take us where we want to be?? I mean all linked, Levein, Davies, Jeffries ect, could they have us challenging the old firm?? Obviously they will all be a huge step up to what we have at the moment and im sure they will have us challenging 3rd spot but 1st/2nd, im not too sure. I know we are miles away from that yet so thats why I think if its best to have the manager, whoever it may be, to get us up the table in the next year or two so then we could appoint a 'big' name manager to take us further.

and you think our increasingly impatient support will go along with that ????????? Absolutely no chance !!!!!

JJ would have us 3rd with the odd cup run. (imo)

CL would have us 3rd with no cup runs. (imo)

BD ...who knows?

and you think our increasingly impatient support will go along with that ????????? Absolutely no chance !!!!!

From where we are at the moment I would take 3rd place next year.

Buffalo Bill

Vlad had us dreaming of bigger and better things circa 2005 but look at the mess our pathetic squad is in now.

I don't really want Jim Jeffries as our mangager, but I'd drive to Kilmarnock now to bring him back to Riccarton. Maybe I'd lose Billy Brown somewhere west of Breich.

Third place and a cup final day out would be the cherry on my pie.

Buffalo Bill

rudi must stay
JJ would have us 3rd with the odd cup run. (imo)

CL would have us 3rd with no cup runs. (imo)

BD ...who knows?

i think Levein would do far better than JJ, Killie have gone backwards a long way and nearly got themselves relegated while Dundee Utd were nearly 3rd

Should your question not be are Hearts good enough for the guys being quoted above (given we have an owner who is more than hands on in all departments and thinks he can do a better job than someone who is qualified) ?

Archived