victor valdes NHC

Masonic

Should have put NHC. I thought we'd signed him.

i was quietly optimistic opening this thread. Disappointed.

They got him on a free... I would imagine they just want him off the wage bill so will accept a minimal token amount..

Wonder who will pick him up..

Bridge of Djoum

Refused to play for the reserves. 

Quite right I say. 

The Treasurer

Refused to play for the reserves. 

Quite right I say. 

Do you mean quite right he refused to play or quite right they want rid because he refused to play ?

Interesting timing on this.  I guess he refused to play for the U21s last season, meaning this could've been announced at the end of the season.  I guess it means Utd are going to keep De Gea

Bizarre fall from grace. Part of an invincible Barca team then ends up not playing for about 2 years? To be honest, I'd be a bit miffed if I was in a reserves side if I was him but then again no one forced him to sign for Man Utd.

HeartsFraser74

When he signed he was injured and hadn't played in 8 months. This could mean that De Gea is staying but with Casillas leaving Real it seems De Gea will be his replacement.

stuarty1874

He has done this before when he first broke into the Barca team as a 20yr old.  Was dropped and refused to play for their B team, claiming to be a "First Team" player.

Just read this in the excellent book on former German goalkeeper Robert Enke, who later committed suicide, who was Barca's big signing back when Valdes was considered no 3 keeper as a young lad.

To be honest, I don't know what he's expecting. De Gea was always going to be number 1 so the best he could've hoped for was a wee cameo in some late season games, which is what happened.

This season I'm sure he'll play a lot more in cups, Champions League etc.

Bert Le Clos

This season I'm sure he'll play a lot more in cups, Champions League etc.

I doubt that. Van Gaal has publicly said he'll be sold. I don't think he's the sort to go back on his words and forgive.

From what he's said Valdes refused to play for the reserve team. Given he's been out for so long I'd have thought he'd have jumped at the chance of any game time, particularly given the De Gea rumours have been kicking about for most of the latter part of the season. You'd have thought he'd have wanted to at least make Van Gaal think about having him as 1st choice if De Gea does go.

FWIW I don't think either will be at Old Trafford for the start of the season.

I doubt that. Van Gaal has publicly said he'll be sold. I don't think he's the sort to go back on his words and forgive.

From what he's said Valdes refused to play for the reserve team. Given he's been out for so long I'd have thought he'd have jumped at the chance of any game time, particularly given the De Gea rumours have been kicking about for most of the latter part of the season. You'd have thought he'd have wanted to at least make Van Gaal think about having him as 1st choice if De Gea does go.

FWIW I don't think either will be at Old Trafford for the start of the season.

I can imagine that is definitely the case now but had he not publicly hit out at LvG then he certainly would've got his fair share.

Bert Le Clos

I can imagine that is definitely the case now but had he not publicly hit out at LvG then he certainly would've got his fair share.

Agreed. Be interesting to see where Man Utd go if/when De Gea leaves. Valdes would have been a decent replacement, at least for the next couple of seasons anyway, especially if Man Utd improve their defence which they appear to be trying to do.

There's not a massive amount of quality 'keepers about. I certainly wouldn't be going for Lloris who won't be fit for the start of the season and will probably cost more than they'll get for De Gea.

The Ajax 'keeper will be heavily linked because of the Dutch connection with Van Gaal  but I'm not convinced he's a top 'keeper. I actually think Tim Krul is better.

Agreed. Be interesting to see where Man Utd go if/when De Gea leaves. Valdes would have been a decent replacement, at least for the next couple of seasons anyway, especially if Man Utd improve their defence which they appear to be trying to do.

There's not a massive amount of quality 'keepers about. I certainly wouldn't be going for Lloris who won't be fit for the start of the season and will probably cost more than they'll get for De Gea.

The Ajax 'keeper will be heavily linked because of the Dutch connection with Van Gaal but I'm not convinced he's a top 'keeper. I actually think Tim Krul is better.

Ralf F?hrmann would be the one for me. Very good, strong keeper who could be a number one for years. Starting to peak too.

Spurs drive a hard bargain so like you said Lloris might not be the best option, although he is a great keeper.

the sub goalie

The Ajax 'keeper will be heavily linked because of the Dutch connection with Van Gaal  but I'm not convinced he's a top 'keeper. I actually think Tim Krul is better.

They have been linked with Jan Oblak from Athletico Madrid.

If they do sell both De Gea and Valdes then they will need another goal keeper as not sure that Lindegaard is up to it if called upon, Kasper Schmeichel could be an option.

They have been linked with Jan Oblak from Athletico Madrid.

If they do sell both De Gea and Valdes then they will need another goal keeper as not sure that Lindegaard is up to it if called upon, Kasper Schmeichel could be an option.

Ex city

the sub goalie

Ex city

True, so was Giggs tho.

Sure he is a United fan and as a professional, regardless of where he played I am sure a hefty pay rise and the opportunity to challenge for no 1 spot at a club like United would be tempting regardless of previous club.

True, so was Giggs tho.

Sure he is a United fan and as a professional, regardless of where he played I am sure a hefty pay rise and the opportunity to challenge for no 1 spot at a club like United would be tempting regardless of previous club.

Cannae see it they'll aim for someone alot bigger i think

Archived