USA v JAPAN(womens world cup final)

hueyview

Starts at midnight bbc 3.  I have taken Japan to win 2-1 and 3-1 :mj_zivili:

Strongly fancy USA seen the last 20 mins or so of the Japan v England game and they looked shite, will give this a chance in the off chance it could be mildly entertaining.

Starts at midnight bbc 3.  I have taken Japan to win 2-1 and 3-1 :mj_zivili:

goodniht vienna...........

invernessjt

Starts at midnight bbc 3. I have taken Japan to win 2-1 and 3-1 :mj_zivili:

Good luck with that....

Dagger Is Back

Thought the first goal was a well worked free kick on first watching. The second? Oops!

Regal Kingston

France were the best team I seen.

Unlucky to get beat from Germany.

Japan were lucky against England and are really up against it here

first goal a belter but watching eurosport as not so much England talk on there

Regal Kingston

Badoom tish!

It's THREE

Japan could really do with a John Terry-ake type to play at the back!

chuck berrys hairline

Can go to bed now knowing safe my bets have came in.

Over 2.5 goals 17/10

Usa win. Btts 17/4

Bazzas right boot

Usa -3 a fiver and 6-1 usa at 350-1. This is a cracking game!

USA play better football than most Scottish teams

Who in Scotland do you think they'd beat in a serious game of football?

Regal Kingston

Wee Japanese granny been brought on.

Why was the sub in floods of tears?

Because her country is getting papped in a major final and her manager has identified her as the shittest part of the team.

Thought Police

Who in Scotland do you think they'd beat in a serious game of football?

Nothing about my post suggested I believed that they beat any, due to sheer natural strength and power that is just fact. They pass the ball, which is more than most teams do. Just look at rangers now and ourselves two years ago

Nothing about my post suggested I believed that they beat any, due to sheer natural strength and power that is just fact. They pass the ball, which is more than most teams do. Just look at rangers now and ourselves two years ago

I'd say USA were direct in their play, always looking to get crosses in and hit the strikers early, Japan try and pass the ball but they aren't good enough to do it effectively.

Pulling for you man, that'd be amazing!

Regal Kingston

Woman's teams cannot compete against men. There are however a few individuals who could hold their own though in a mixed game.

Many of the players on show tonight will be technically better than say Lower league SPFL players. Just not as strong.

People should appreciate the woman's game for what it is. There has been some lovely stuff played this tournament. There has also some dross but I think the good has outweighed the bad

wishing you luck mate..........my luck was up after 5 mins

Woman's teams cannot compete against men. There are however a few individuals who could hold their own though in a mixed game.

Many of the players on show tonight will be technically better than say Lower league SPFL players. Just not as strong.

People should appreciate the woman's game for what it is. There has been some lovely stuff played this tournament. There has also some dross but I think the good has outweighed the bad

There are no women who could hold their own at any decent level.

Just like 99 % of all sports men are better and its not sexist just the facts. They are taller, stronger, faster etc etc and it's just human nature at play.

Equality in opportunity should be a given but there will be no equality of talent in the vast majority of sports and that is life.

In footballing terms the womens game has made huge strides in the last 20 years and lets see it grow but let's not kid ourselves it will ever reach even the lower levels of mens football.

In tennis for example the best womens player would struggle to win a game never mind a set against any male in the top 500.

4-2 game on?

Could be. The USA haven't scored since the 16th minute.

Doubt it though.

Edit. 5-2

Hell of a stadium.

Thats the Whitecaps home stadium, and the B.C.Lions CFL. stadium.  Excellent for concerts, trade shows and other uses. World sevens Rugby there next year.  The Vancouver Canucks stadium is almost next door. Not bad for parking and lots of food and drink facilities around.  I was at a Whitecaps game in there last year, watched from the Whitecaps private box.  Quite an experience.

dobmisterdobster

Instead of talking about the game, the presenters are whinging about the lack of a GB football team in the Olympics next year. Get over it.

Maroon Sailor

No mention of Geoff Hurst being the only player to score a hat-trick in a World Cup final ?

They have referred to 1966 regularly in this tournament.

At least this hat-trick was clear cut and without the need for extra time !

The Real Maroonblood

There are no women who could hold their own at any decent level.

Just like 99 % of all sports men are better and its not sexist just the facts. They are taller, stronger, faster etc etc and it's just human nature at play.

Equality in opportunity should be a given but there will be no equality of talent in the vast majority of sports and that is life.

In footballing terms the womens game has made huge strides in the last 20 years and lets see it grow but let's not kid ourselves it will ever reach even the lower levels of mens football.

In tennis for example the best womens player would struggle to win a game never mind a set against any male in the top 500.

That last sentence is spot on.

I know it's off topic but women tennis players getting equal prize money is a joke.

We_are_the_Hearts

Surprised so many give a shit about burds soccer. Would struggle to beat a decent U14s team, hopeless

That goalkeeping for the 50 yarder :rofl:

Had all day to get back, then got the weakest hand on it imaginable. 

That last sentence is spot on.

I know it's off topic but women tennis players getting equal prize money is a joke.

Does this actually happen? Have they started playing 5 set matches?

No mention of Geoff Hurst being the only player to score a hat-trick in a World Cup final ?

Was definitely mentioned on 5 live last night...which prompted me to switch off.

3fingersreid

That goalkeeping for the 50 yarder :rofl:

Had all day to get back, then got the weakest hand on it imaginable.

Beckham v Sutherland , (Scotland keeper)

Rooney v Adrian (1Spanish cap ?)

Adam v Courtois (Belgian keeper)

Shock it happens to male keepers too!!

Still puzzled as to why people -and not just yourself Ray Gin - dislike women's football so much yet still seem to watch it?

Fantastic final to watch if your a Yank or a neutral and will hopefully continue to drive on the development of the women's game in the future

The Future's Maroon

What was the final score, I turned off at HT.

Beckham v Sutherland , (Scotland keeper)

Rooney v Adrian (1Spanish cap ?)

Adam v Courtois (Belgian keeper)

Shock it happens to male keepers too!!

Still puzzled as to why people -and not just yourself Ray Gin - dislike women's football so much yet still seem to watch it?

Fantastic final to watch if your a Yank or a neutral and will hopefully continue to drive on the development of the women's game in the future

I've been wondering this myself. You don't like it, don't watch it. That's how I feel about golf, cricket and all things related to Hibs.

In all honesty bad defending or goalkeeping or whatever other excuse you want to use, dare I say it but the Womens world cup final was a much more entertaining match than the Copa America final, which was a snoozefest despite containing potentially the greatest player of all time.

Archived