Who will most positively grow and develop from last term?

Alva-Jambo

I've not seen anything of Howlett-Mundle but a poster on the Shelbourne thread seems to think he looks a decent prospect.

I'm not sure the U20s will be challenging enough for McGhee to continue his development if I'm honest. If he's not going to play very much for us this season I think I'd rather see us loan him out. Only to a well run club who can guarantee him game time though.

I'd be happy enough to see him go somewhere like QotS who have lost Durnan.

I think you're right. I suspect next season might be as much about where certain players develop elsewhere on loan. McGhee going to somewhere like Queens would make sense although he's first in line to play if either Ozturk or Augustyn is out. Unless another centre half comes in then he'll stay where he is I suspect. Recruitment of another centre half would restrict McGhee's development, although you need to balance that against playing regularly. Difficult one.

I would be inclined to let Carrick go out on loan to Falkirk or Queens for six months rather than agree to perm transfer.

I understand that Liam Henderson will go out on loan to Livingston until Christmas.

Bert Le Clos

I think you're right. I suspect next season might be as much about where certain players develop elsewhere on loan. McGhee going to somewhere like Queens would make sense although he's first in line to play if either Ozturk or Augustyn is out. Unless another centre half comes in then he'll stay where he is I suspect. Recruitment of another centre half would restrict McGhee's development, although you need to balance that against playing regularly. Difficult one.

I would be inclined to let Carrick go out on loan to Falkirk or Queens for six months rather than agree to perm transfer.

I understand that Liam Henderson will go out on loan to Livingston until Christmas.

Good move for Henderson. I wonder if we'll see Liam Smith go out on loan too and McGhee get more game time at right back? It is a very difficult balancing act, and that's why I wouldn't be against us bringing in an old head purely to cover at centre half freeing up McGhee to go out on loan and play.

Webster was mentioned a lot a few weeks ago.

Good move for Henderson. I wonder if we'll see Liam Smith go out on loan too and McGhee get more game time at right back? It is a very difficult balancing act, and that's why I wouldn't be against us bringing in an old head purely to cover at centre half freeing up McGhee to go out on loan and play.

Webster was mentioned a lot a few weeks ago.

I would like to put McGhee on loan aslong as he was going to be playing week in week out.

jamboinglasgow

It all depends how CL and RN see who they look to sell next season. If they feel that next season would the ideal time to sell Ozturk as he would only have a year left on his contract then it could make sense to bring in another centre back now (which Robbie has said he is looking to get) and send Jordan away on loan to get regular game time, then when you sell Ozturk you have 3 centre backs competing for 2 spaces and have Jahmal sent away on loan and have Baur and Jones from the Under 20s as the 4th choice back up. Its always difficult trying to balance a players development and the players in a squad. The way CL and RN look at squads I would be surprised if they didn't have a plan for McGhee. Queens would be a good club to send him to, or a place like Falkirk.

Also its easy to forget that Jordan McGhee only turns 19 later on in this month. And he has already made over 40 first team competitive appearances for Hearts. There is a potentially great player there, but for this season he needs game time to build. 

Good to see Liam Henderson go out on loan if that is the case, I can see quite a few going out on loan, with each if possible being a development loan so they can also feature in the U20s. My predictions are Liam Smith will be back up right back to Paterson, Beith may go out on loan again but to a higher club, Buchanan again will go out on loan. Also I could see Roy, Flanagan and McKirdy going out on short term loans at first.

Footballfirst

Good to see Liam Henderson go out on loan if that is the case, I can see quite a few going out on loan, with each if possible being a development loan so they can also feature in the U20s. My predictions are Liam Smith will be back up right back to Paterson, Beith may go out on loan again but to a higher club, Buchanan again will go out on loan. Also I could see Roy, Flanagan and McKirdy going out on short term loans at first.

Beith is still struggling with the injury he picked up towards the end of last season with the Albinos. As a result he has missed pre season to date.

As far a a loan deal is concerned timing would depend on when he is fit again, and whether a loan is deemed the best way of getting him back to full fitness.

Can someone pls verify me so I can get into the threads on jambos kickback I asked them yesterday but it's not been done I'm new to this HELP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Jamie Walker is gonna kick on again he was excellent last season he's gonna cause problems for defences in the SPL I'm sure of it. If sow can stay fit I think he'll get 10 + goals and hoping to see more progress from Billy King he impressed when I saw him last season.

Watt-Zeefuik

Sow is an interesting one -- I feel like Neilson has a strong sense that his best work will come playing off of a strong center-forward, but haven't been able to find a pairing that worked tremendously well.  El Hass set up some nice goals last season, and Zeefuik and Sow had a few moments of quality together, but it never felt like a pairing that "clicked."  (Keats in particular never seemed to play well off Sow.)  

Based on early returns I'm hopeful that Juanma is the pairing Neilson has been looking for with him.  If they can both stay healthy, I think we have a potentially lethal pairing up front.

So, in answer to the OP's question. We're basically saying the whole squad [emoji6]

Sow is an interesting one -- I feel like Neilson has a strong sense that his best work will come playing off of a strong center-forward, but haven't been able to find a pairing that worked tremendously well. El Hass set up some nice goals last season, and Zeefuik and Sow had a few moments of quality together, but it never felt like a pairing that "clicked." (Keats in particular never seemed to play well off Sow.)

Based on early returns I'm hopeful that Juanma is the pairing Neilson has been looking for with him. If they can both stay healthy, I think we have a potentially lethal pairing up front.

Seemingly Sow wasn't a fan of Keatings off the pitch either.

jack D and coke

If Osman Sow stays fit I think he could go on to be the best striker we've had in a long time. He looks to have a bit of everything; strong, quite, skillful. If he adds a few more headed goals to his game and stays fit I think he'll score a shitload for us.

I like big Osman but he's one of the most woeful headers of a ball I think I've ever seen for a guy his size. Just doesn't fancy it at all. Lacks bravery in the air.

To reply to the OP I'm not sure who will progress most. As another poster said you'd like to think them all but personally I'd like to see all our own younger players make a step up. Paterson, McHattie, McGhee, Oliver, Walker, Nicholson and King all to get plenty games and develop. Maybe Oliver most of all just because we can't seem to produce a striker of our own and I think he could finally be one.

I'm ****ing choking for this season to get underway I have to admit[emoji1]

Archived