TV deal

thehibsaregay

thehibsaregay

For bt and sky

Thought they only signed 3 year deal for showing the rangers games

Will it be revised now

Give it exclusively to Ladbrokes and stream it all online. Every game live for a fee. 12 pound a game home or away. Split the profits from all streams evenly between every club in the spfl. If sky/bt/BBC want to stream a game they pay into the spfl wealth pot that gets distributed evenly

Give it exclusively to Ladbrokes and stream it all online. Every game live for a fee. 12 pound a game home or away. Split the profits from all streams evenly between every club in the spfl. If sky/bt/BBC want to stream a game they pay into the spfl wealth pot that gets distributed evenly

Something of that ilk would be too sensible for our SFA to negotiate. 

No, we will just continue to get shafted I'm afraid.   I think the bottom line is, it's a numbers game and as such we are always going to be standing with the bowl held out and accepting what ever someones willing to offer.  

Sad really as the EPL just goes from strength to strength in terms of finances. 

when the armaggedon brigade, running the game down are doing the negotiating it was probably in the form of a frantic scream for help, with their leader lawell making sure he got the biggest wedge.

FarmerTweedy

Can't see many folk paying 12 quid a game to watch games online.  Also can't see any of the bigger clubs agreeing to give an equal share of money raised to clubs like Queen's Park, East Stirlingshire, Albion Rovers, etc.

I would not pay ?12 to watch an SPFL game. Even if it involved Hearts. I would be at the game, most likely, if not, I would go to the pub to watch it, and spend ?12 on beer. If Hearts are not involved, I wouldn't be interested at all.

but, but, surely Mr Doncaster will do shrewd business when it comes to tv deals? eh? eh? :uhoh2:

Nah no exclusivity until decent money on the table. Sell every old firm game individually to highest bidder and nothing else, split money evenly. OF say they want competition, so money would help generate that. Their worldwide tv audience is massive and that's what needs to be built on, if they are to stay.

Personally I'd rather they and the TV fecked off. This will likely be the last year without the rangers so only really this year where sellick suffer finacially therafter normal service resumes

AngleParkMenace

I think there needs to be some serious discussion about the TV deals we get. The fans all want games on Saturday at 3pm. Why can't we just show those games at 3pm. No other competition apart from sky sports news. Or do away with the max home games shown on TV and let all the Celtic and Rangers home games move for TV. They get the best of both worlds. Most home games on a Saturday at three and most away games on TV

Watt-Zeefuik

?15 per month for every game in the league would pull in considerably more than the current TV deals.

?15 per month for every game in the league would pull in considerably more than the current TV deals.

That's no far off what I pay for mlb.tv and I'd happily pay that for SPFL (or more accurately, HMFC) tv.

Angus Young

we have donkey Dumbcaster doing the negotiations now lets look at this the EPL Sign a multi Billion pound deal Donkey will settle for a few million and then sing his own praises until this imposter is hounded out of office we do not stand a chance it is lambs to the slaughter the big corporations will pi-s all over Scottish Football as long as Donkey is in charge.

Your not allowed to show 3pm games for the very reason you suggest, people would not go.

I think there needs to be some serious discussion about the TV deals we get. The fans all want games on Saturday at 3pm. Why can't we just show those games at 3pm. No other competition apart from sky sports news. Or do away with the max home games shown on TV and let all the Celtic and Rangers home games move for TV. They get the best of both worlds. Most home games on a Saturday at three and most away games on TV

swanseajack

Your not allowed to show 3pm games for the very reason you suggest, people would not go.

I agree with the principle, but it's out of date in these times.  With internet streaming, foreign channels etc.  That horse has bolted some time ago.

Maybe for the big clubs but not everyone, in Scotland the only teams who you can watch at 3 on a Saturday is the old firm by streaming the games, if you support anyone else and want to see them at 3 on a Saturday amd live in the uk you need to go, which is why I still agree with the reasoning behind it and still dont think its out of date, especially for our league.

I agree with the principle, but it's out of date in these times. With internet streaming, foreign channels etc. That horse has bolted some time ago.

Maybe for the big clubs but not everyone, in Scotland the only teams who you can watch at 3 on a Saturday is the old firm by streaming the games, if you support anyone else and want to see them at 3 on a Saturday amd live in the uk you need to go, which is why I still agree with the reasoning behind it and still dont think its out of date, especially for our league.

If every Hearts game was live on a good quality stream, I'll be perfectly honest here, I wouldn't buy a season ticket. I would still pledge and possibly pay more and I would still go to the odd game with pals but I don't think I would get an ST.

Anything that reduces income at one source has to have that income replaced. LIve streaming would be VERY bad for us IMO.

Tommy Brown

Fundamentals of the idea are very good, it is a more modern way to progress.

Can't see many folk paying 12 quid a game to watch games online.  Also can't see any of the bigger clubs agreeing to give an equal share of money raised to clubs like Queen's Park, East Stirlingshire, Albion Rovers, etc.

And the reason Scottish football has gone down the stank in the last couple of decades.

I would not pay ?12 to watch an SPFL game. Even if it involved Hearts. I would be at the game, most likely, if not, I would go to the pub to watch it, and spend ?12 on beer. If Hearts are not involved, I wouldn't be interested at all.

Obviously the subscription figures would need to be calculated, its great that people like yourself would still prefer to go to games, as this is imperative. But streaming opens up a whole new audience who cannot attend.

but, but, surely Mr Doncaster will do shrewd business when it comes to tv deals? eh? eh? :uhoh2:

I couldn't trust him to run my bath.

Watt-Zeefuik

If every Hearts game was live on a good quality stream, I'll be perfectly honest here, I wouldn't buy a season ticket. I would still pledge and possibly pay more and I would still go to the odd game with pals but I don't think I would get an ST.

Anything that reduces income at one source has to have that income replaced. LIve streaming would be VERY bad for us IMO.

Just out of curiosity, if the streaming package were included with the ST would that change your thinking?

Live streaming would be great but it would have to have a priviso that it can only be done when 90% of tickets are sold.

Archived