Burnley Offer 500K For Driver

Guest GhostHunter

vegas-voss

We really are in trouble with this bam Romanov.Managerless and selling of our young talent for nothing.Hibs fan at my work said to me last night we're the big team now.Im beginning to think he might be right.

If this goes through it will be the final nail in the coffin in terms of there being any chance that I will renew my season ticket.

Hans von Luck
We really are in trouble with this bam Romanov.Managerless and selling of our young talent for nothing.Hibs fan at my work said to me last night we're the big team now.Im beginning to think he might be right.

All because someone bids ?500k for Andy Driver ?

Take a chill pill brashy

Charlie-Brown

The increased ?750K offer mentioned reads like an (Drivers) agent speculating - either Hearts would be difficult to deal with at that price or they wouldn't - yet it reads even then they might be......

vegas-voss
All because someone bids ?500k for Andy Driver ?

Take a chill pill brashy

If Burnley come in again for Driver do you not think Vlad would cash in ?

Charlie-Brown

Just now this is nothing more than paper talk & speculation like Wolves bid(s) for Berra - Hearts haven't exactly been selling players on the cheap in recent seasons so if Driver does go I reckon we'd get better value for him - probably just Owen Coyle chancing his arm.....

ToadKiller Dog

Think we should set the bar higher than 750,000 ,I hope we would have a replacement of at least the same standard first.

Think we should set the bar higher than 750,000 ,I hope we would have a replacement of at least the same standard first.

FFS the last sentence says Queen of the South Manager Gordon Chisolm in the frame - that's more worrying that Driver moving on surely !!!

Jam Tarts 1874

If anything Romanov has ended the string of players being sold for less than they are worth. I don't think that there is any chance of Driver being sold for as little as ?500k.

Jam Tarts 1874

I have seen players such as Husband and Mackle in the reserves, good young players who can play wide. Maybe not as pacey as Driver, but then again, who says you have to play with two wide players all the time? Driver has a problem with his his crossing and shooting, so how much is he really worth?

If he rated Jose at more than ?1.4M and Tall at more than ?500K I seriously doubt he'd consider anything less than ?1M for Driver.

Maroon Mayhem

One thing Romanov has been good for is to get max value for our young assets. Let's face it Gordon would have been off to the OF for 1.5m a year earlier under the Pieman and we'd have been thinking what a great bit of business it was.

We're a year too early to sell Driver.

Dr. Bapswent

Before everyone bursts with knicker twisting rage and excitement.

Did they not read the article?

It does say:

The Championship club have been told to increase their offer to ?750,000 but even then the Jambos may be reluctant to deal.

Its by no means a 'done deal'....:wacko:

Before everyone bursts with knicker twisting rage and excitement.

Did they not read the article?

It does say:

Its by no means a 'done deal'....:wacko:

Why would Hearts ask them to increase the offer to ?750,000 then say "erm ..well no".

Francis Albert
We really are in trouble with this bam Romanov.Managerless and selling of our young talent for nothing.

EVERY previous owner of Hearts would have snapped up a ?500k offer for Driver.

funktasticlad

Tell em to jog on..... I mean how much did romonov claim webster was worth ?5.65million or summit? I'd say he's yours for 2million with at least a million in add ons for promotion, games played and a sell on to see how much they want him.

marshallschunkychicken
Why would Hearts ask them to increase the offer to ?750,000 then say "erm ..well no".

Maybe his agent told them to up the offer to ?750K as he could smell his cut of any transfer fee...

Dr. Bapswent

Because it may be closer to their valuation. But it does not mean they want him to go.

If someone offers less than a players value, then its a no brainer.

If they offer around what he may be worth, its a consideration, but not a definite.

I really cant see Romanov selling Driver for as little as ?750,000.

How many years has he got left on his contract? 4?

Pants Shaton

Get a grip of yourself man!

vegas-voss
Get a grip of yourself man!

Yeah i know a bit dramatic but im just so ****ed with everything going on at Hearts right now.

Because it may be closer to their valuation. But it does not mean they want him to go.

If they offer around what he may be worth, its a consideration, but not a definite.

Wasn't having a go Dr,if it came out that way.

I just seem's to be a silly thing to say,if Hearts want him to stay then you over price him,just looked a wee bit "a tad more cash and we will do business" instead of pricing him out the market,or maybe that's just the paranoia I have got about Hearts/Vlad right now.:)

This really is a joke. The question is how much would it cost us to replace him with a similar quality player- Answer at least ?1.5 to ?2M. These sort of players are not waitn round the corner. add in the potential and the price goes higher.

Guest JamboRobbo
If he rated Jose at more than ?1.4M and Tall at more than ?500K I seriously doubt he'd consider anything less than ?1M for Driver.

Its Romanov remember. His rating of players is different to normal peoples....

Guest JamboRobbo

I'd say when we don't have a manager capable of making the call as to how good a player is - it's a no brainer. Wait till you get someone in who knows what he's doing.

I'd say when we don't have a manager capable of making the call as to how good a player is - it's a no brainer. Wait till you get someone in who knows what he's doing.

You're as old fashioned as the hills.

Still living in the days when managers did everything.

Of course if you moved on it would give you less scope to incessantly (fairly or not) have a go at the man who saved the club. Oh I nearly forgot: he and CM misled you.

Commander Harris

there is nothing in that article to suggest that our valuation for Driver is 750k.

"The Championship club have been told to increase their offer to ?750,000 but even then the Jambos may be reluctant to deal."

who has told the championship club to increase their offer? an agent, the club, the Mahatma? If it is the club then why does it say "even then the Jambos may be reluctant to deal"?

reads to me like advise from an agent worded in a vague way to make the story more interesting than "hearts KB bid for driver".

Peter Olivers Army

Maybe Beslija is being lined up for some games? ;):eek:

Guest JamboRobbo
who has told the championship club to increase their offer?

Most likeley this mindaugus bloke.

Driver has the raw material - there are poorer players in the Premiership's lower sides.

But is he going to get the coaching at Hearts to develop that raw material?

Guest JamboRobbo

Says the man who thinks 1950's players are as fit as modern day players.

Just like most of the other teams who've finished above us in the league on a budget of 2M quid whilst we spend 10M to finish 8th.

Of course if you moved on it would give you less scope to incessantly (fairly or not) have a go at the man who saved the club.

If saying for the past two years that we need to appoint a manager if we want to fulfil the potential of our players/club is "having a go at the man who saved our club", I plead guilty.

Oh I nearly forgot: he and CM misled you.

The relevence of which is? That we don't need a manager?

Of course if you moved on it would give you less scope to incessantly (fairly or not) have a go at the man who saved the club. Oh I nearly forgot: he and CM misled you.

Why were we drowning? I'll give you saved Tynecastle but the club would've survivd and possibly been in a better state than where VR is taking us.

Why were we drowning? I'll give you saved Tynecastle but the club would've survivd and possibly been in a better state than where VR is taking us.

Survived - based on CPR's history and track record that is unlikely. No tangable assets, paying rent, Low corwds, low paid players - the words doomed comes to mind.

"possibly in a better state" true but very doubtful. No such thing as a flying elephant - but then along came.....

We should accept no less than ?1m - ?1.25m for Driver, if he has an injury free season though I think we'd get ?2m

In flashes Driver looks like a player worth about 2 million but generally I think he flatters to deceive. I'd like to think with experience and a decent managerial set up he could flourish. If we don't get that I think we'll let him go for a million. Get Gow from Rangers to replace him?

would like to see us hold out for 1.25m and as for gow wouldl like to see him in a hearts shirt could certainly do better than what we have at the moment although nade deserves a chance to see if he can keep himself fit and injury free

Reads like an agent story to me - and it's in the reliable Daily Record.

When you see how much OF rejects are valued at after sitting on the bench for a couple of seasons, I don't understand why people think we would sell Driver for ?500k or ?750k.

Rangers signed Gow for nothing yet after a year on the bench he is now valued at over ?1m. Driver has been playing first team football for 2 seasons, yet is worth less?

TheBigTeam
Just now this is nothing more than paper talk & speculation like Wolves bid(s) for Berra - Hearts haven't exactly been selling players on the cheap in recent seasons so if Driver does go I reckon we'd get better value for him - probably just Owen Coyle chancing his arm.....

I'd say Velicka at 600k plus add on's is cheap.no?

marshallschunkychicken
I'd say Velicka at 600k plus add on's is cheap.no?

Hearts didn't sell Andrius Velicka.

would like to see us hold out for 1.25m and as for gow wouldl like to see him in a hearts shirt could certainly do better than what we have at the moment although nade deserves a chance to see if he can keep himself fit and injury free

Nade would have to GET fit before he could keep himself fit though.

Rick Grimes

i'm pretty sure that in Football Manager Driver's favourite team is listed as Burnley, for some reason.

i reckon this is all completely made up to fill column inches by the ******.

tolcross lad

Pre Vlad we would have bitten anyones hand off to get this kind of money for a player who still has a lot to prove.My view is that Driver will develope into a player who will sell on for a lot more than ?500,000

i'm pretty sure that in Football Manager Driver's favourite team is listed as Burnley, for some reason.

i reckon this is all completely made up to fill column inches by the ******.

Is it not Oldham?

Can't understand why there are so may posters surprised at this.

Surely everyone knows that this is what Romanov's main objective is.

Bring in young players get them signed up on 4/5 year deals and then sell them on asap for whatever you can get.

He sold Velicka in January at possibly the worst time for Hearts but that did not stop him because he saw the ?????? signs.

Anyone who thinks that he will not continue to do this sort of thing is as mad as he is

tolcross lad
Can't understand why there are so may posters surprised at this.

Surely everyone knows that this is what Romanov's main objective is.

Bring in young players get them signed up on 4/5 year deals and then sell them on asap for whatever you can get.

He sold Velicka in January at possibly the worst time for Hearts but that did not stop him because he saw the ?????? signs.

Anyone who thinks that he will not continue to do this sort of thing is as mad as he is

Every club in Scotland is is doing the same more or less.I am not surprised.We are all mad!

Archived