U-21 Finals

colinmaroon

colinmaroon

David Cameron!

George Osborne!

J K Rowling!

Your boys took a hell of a beating!!!

Amazingly Mark Lawrenson now claims that Portugal are the best team seen yet at the tournament and the guy doing the BBC text agrees with him.

Perhaps they do not realise like everything else that their Premiership players are over rated whether at senior or under 20 level despite the hype from themselves at the BBC and Sky pundits.

so the problems England have had at tournaments continues

had scored in 18 consecutive games before this one

ability and tactics aside England seem to have a problem with finals

Dalbeattie Jambo's on tour,some cracking games so far Czech v Serbia 4-0,Germany v Denmark 3-0,Italy v Portugal last night 0-0,seen some intresting faces here mark Warburton,Phil Neville,Jimmy Floyd hasslebank,Pavel nedved,Hugh Dallas.next game will be intresting tomorrow Germany v Czech then England v Italy on Wednesday.

Forza Cuore

Dalbeattie Jambo's on tour,some cracking games so far Czech v Serbia 4-0,Germany v Denmark 3-0,Italy v Portugal last night 0-0,seen some intresting faces here mark Warburton,Phil Neville,Jimmy Floyd hasslebank,Pavel nedved,Hugh Dallas.next game will be intresting tomorrow Germany v Czech then England v Italy on Wednesday.

Saw your flag on the box last night

Quite pleased England won last night. Not something you'll read from me very often, but any team with Guidetti in it can feck right off! No that I hate Celtic or hold a grudge against the cheating, diving bassa or anything. England can mess it up on Wednesday. Mon the Azzuri...

Saw your flag on the box last night

pity the bottom half o flag with Jambo's wasn't seen had it better placed but stewards seem to be told to remove flags placed in certain parts of stadiums,

Say What Again

A lot at stake tonight if anyone wants a football fix. England v Italy at 7.45pm.

Both need a win to be sure of going through.

Say What Again

Literally left the room for 2 minutes and missed both goals ffs.

That is unfortunate as it's been grim bar the two goals.

The Internet

That is unfortunate as it's been grim bar the two goals.

Seems to happen all the time :( Maybe I just shouldn't watch football, every live game would be a goal fest.

Ibrahim Tall

Thought England were full or premier league stars and were due to win this??

This, you'd think a team that was "worth" a few hundred million would be a bit better...

The Internet

England's problem is simply not taking their best players to these tournaments. As soon as they get an appearance at full international level it's like they're suddenly ineligible to play for the u21s. Iirc guys like Sterling, Wilshere, Barkley, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaw (injured?) could all have been selected for this. Not sure if it's the same with other countries.

England's problem is simply not taking their best players to these tournaments. As soon as they get an appearance at full international level it's like they're suddenly ineligible to play for the u21s. Iirc guys like Sterling, Wilshere, Barkley, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaw (injured?) could all have been selected for this. Not sure if it's the same with other countries.

I'd say the main issue is that they're just not very good, overhyped/overpaid workhorses lacking in any real skill and ability.

Sweden have equalised, harsh on Italy.

I'd say the main issue is that they're just not very good, overhyped/overpaid workhorses lacking in any real skill and ability.

And they pick crap managers like Pearce and Southgate to manage their under 21s

The Internet

Sweden have equalised, harsh on Italy.

That team isn't very good (or hyped, except Harry Kane and maybe Chalobah) because it's basically 2nd string. If you put Wilshere in for Forster-Caskey, Sterling in for Lingard, Chamberlain in for Ings you've got a much better chance but England don't play, or aren't allowed to play, their best u21 players in the u21s.

Their defence is terrible though, don't think they've got much hope there.

bajthejambo

The reaction to England's short comings is reminiscent of their Senior squad.

A lot of the summarisers thought they would stroll it purely because of Kane. I think he had three shots on target in the entire tournament?

Much like at the Euro's and World Cup, they have been shown up again for their lack of knowledge or respect of other Nations.

England 1 Italy 3 (2015)

England 1 Sweden 0 (2015)

England 0 Portugal 1 (2015)

England 0 Italy 1 (2013)

England 1 Norway 3 (2013)

England 0 Israel 1 (2013)

England 1 Spain 1 (2011)

England 0 Ukraine 0 (2011)

England 1 Czech Republic 2 (2011)

Since they lost 4-0 in the 2009 final (to Germany), England have played 9 matches in the finals, won 1, drawn 2, lost 6 and they have only scored 5 goals.

Something is wrong with their mentality at these tournaments.

Could not have wished to stay in a nicer place as Olomouc about 3 hrs out of Prague away from the hordes of tourists that line the streets of Prague,Olomouc an Brno further down the line two place a wish every hearts fan could go on a European tour.

Harry Palmer

Portugal just hammered Germany 5-0 in the first semi-final.

Denmark v Sweden on in about an hours time.

The final is on Tuesday.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Pissed me off hearing that Ashworth guy from the FA banging on about a commitment to "passing the ball regardless of results" as if passing the ball is some new notion. Part of the problem with English football is that it's full of strategists and supplementary staff chipping in with ideas and 'visions'. Look at the range of staff England took to last summer's World Cup. It was absolutely ridiculous.

Rudolf's Mate

Pissed me off hearing that Ashworth guy from the FA banging on about a commitment to "passing the ball regardless of results" as if passing the ball is some new notion. Part of the problem with English football is that it's full of strategists and supplementary staff chipping in with ideas and 'visions'. Look at the range of staff England took to last summer's World Cup. It was absolutely ridiculous.

Football is and will always be fickle.

Prior to Spain having their period of domination it was all about how they should have done better they had with the players they had etc. They dominated and it was all about them playing it the way it should be. They started losing playing the same way and nobody gave a **** because they weren't winning.

Bottom line is I guess it doesn't really matter how you play. It's winning that counts.

more problems according to likes of Rednapp and others

players too comfortable, think they have made it etc

still at least England qualify for tournaments

Dusk_Till_Dawn

more problems according to likes of Rednapp and others

players too comfortable, think they have made it etc

still at least England qualify for tournaments

I get the feeling that English players would love the kudos and the prestige of winning big tournaments but don't really have the nerve or the attitude/application to do it. It always seems to be a case of "fingers crossed" and see what happens

Harry Palmer

Penalties.

Sweden did well to contain and had a few decent chances too.

Sweden win it.

Archived