Hibs signing policy

Rudy T

There is an infinite number of things to laugh at Hibs for. The use of 2 year contracts is not infinity +1.

I don't see the problem with two year deals to be honest.

plus 1 year option which doesn't always get publicised

Danny Carmichael is an exciting signing for them. I would have been happy to have him at Hearts. Obviously RN and CL dont agree or he would be signing for us.

I just wonder if with the signing of Keatings that will mean Cummings will be out the door. I got the feeling that Stubbs was getting a bit fed up with his antics. 

The key to their season is whether they can hold on to SA and D McG if they can then 11/5 for them to win their League is a tempting bet.

As others have said they are doing the right thing getting organized early by flying out of the stalls before The Rangers have even got their horses saddled.

going to be tough no matter who they sign

need a bit more grit and will to win - no surprise he wants Eckersley if true as needs more fight

Liam Craig still thought he was negotiating a new deal but he just ended it

This thread has been like a sticky fly paper

Admitting that they are going about their business correctly for a change does not make people Hubs sympathizers. If that is what you are hinting at.

Dont worry I'm confident we will be laughing at them as usual come next May.  :2thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Getting the good news out first to sell tickets. Bad news will follow.

gorgie rd eh11

Their squad is shaping up to be of a similar standard to the one that FAILED to win promotion last season.

I hope that this doesn't come across as all Hibs-esque financial doomongering, however;

How are Hibs actually funding this? Last season LD said in the media that Hibs must be promoted this season past, which sounded to me as if there would be finiancial implications to a scenario where they didn't get promoted, and I had thought that they would have had to downgrade the playing squad this season. But in reality they've built on what they started last season.

Is it due to the restructuring of debt? Are they going double-or-quits this season? Has it just been shrewd signings from Stubbs or is it something else?

Genuinely got me thinking about it and not in a Sergey 10 years a slaver kind of way, but just in a curious way.

I'll predict right now that Keatings, Eckersley, they can have Holt and Prince as well quite frankly will not win the Championship next season. Rangers will and easily. Feel free to bookmark.

I hope that this doesn't come across as all Hibs-esque financial doomongering, however;

How are Hibs actually funding this? Last season LD said in the media that Hibs must be promoted this season past, which sounded to me as if there would be finiancial implications to a scenario where they didn't get promoted, and I had thought that they would have had to downgrade the playing squad this season. But in reality they've built on what they started last season.

Is it due to the restructuring of debt? Are they going double-or-quits this season? Has it just been shrewd signings from Stubbs or is it something else?

Genuinely got me thinking about it and not in a Sergey 10 years a slaver kind of way, but just in a curious way.

Some players have left already. I'm sure neither Keatings nor Fyvie would break the bank and perhaps they expect 1 or 2 more to leave.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if they don't get promoted again though.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I'll predict right now that Keatings, Eckersley, they can have Holt and Prince as well quite frankly will not win the Championship next season. Rangers will and easily. Feel free to bookmark.

Prince? :cornette:

Fruitmachine76

To be fair, it's a pretty good policy - let's take all the winners that the Champions have deemed not good enough for the top league in an effort to win the same league next season. As policies go, it's spot on. Plus they're doing their business early - another winning formula adopted by the Champions last year. We're the benchmark for how to go about your business in that league now - Stubbs and mccall have said as much in recent weeks.

The players the vermin are signing are championship proven. The fact that the are our cast-offs tickles me greatly. The fact that it still won't be enough to get that risible bunch of perennial losers up gives me a tingly feeling down below. I look forward to them rotting in the lower leagues for years to come.

How many players, without the benefit of hindsight (not that it makes much difference), have signed for H1b5 that you've either feared, or, wished that we'd taken first?

Andy Goram is the only one I can recall and that was back in 1987. Long before the internet and Hearts being regular trophy winners. ?

If Hibs had Keatings (or any half decent striker for that matter) they would have beaten Rangers in the playoffs. For what it's worth Keatings is a better player than El Hass for me, but Robbie seems to see something in him. Noone else slightly peeved that Keatings was moved on and El Hass hasn't?

Fruitmachine76

If Hibs had Keatings (or any half decent striker for that matter) they would have beaten Rangers in the playoffs. For what it's worth Keatings is a better player than El Hass for me, but Robbie seems to see something in him. Noone else slightly peeved that Keatings was moved on and El Hass hasn't?

For me, keatings was a decent squad player, good to bring off the bench for a goal or two late on, but nothing more. Am I bothered he's now at hibs? Not really. He didn't set the heather alight, and so far 2 clubs who've won promotion to the premier league have seen fit to let him go. Championship seems to be his level.

I saw some glimpses from El Hass in the last 5 or 6 games to suggest he's got something. His link up play, as previously alluded to, with Sow I think could be something quite special if we can keep them both fully fit with a good pre-season behind them. Like others, I'll put my faith in the guys who see the players day in, day out at training - they've done a pretty good job of things so far.

No.

I feel El Hass will do well next season. Injury, perhaps combined with needing time to settle, has hampered his time at the club.

However, he showed toward the end of the season, imo, that he has the ability and the potential to flourish in the league above.

James "he's dead to me, now" Keatings, didn't. ?

I still say Hibs will get promoted

in 2016/17 with a new manager

Their squad is shaping up to be of a similar standard to the one that FAILED to win promotion last season.

You might not be far wrong. They've signed what appear to be decent championship players thus far. Nothing more nothing less.

St Mirren might well be challengers next season. Murray will no doubt pick up some decent players from around the Scottish leagues. Houston will have some budget upside from unexpected cup run and had an eye for a player.

Regardless of who else they bring in, they still have to get over the line in one form or other next season and it can't go unnoticed that Hibs and tangible achievement aren't close friends.

Signing policy?????

Dont make me laugh.

For years its been borrow players we cant afford .

A mish mash .

No contribution to the game in general.

Tgats why they are where they are.

And the muppets lap it up.

Rot you horrible club.

Jimmy McNulty

Some decent signings for Hibs so far. Rangers, on the other hand, look messed.

But that said, there's going to be some strong competition with St Mirren QOTS, Falkirk and Raith in that Division too.

A previous poster saying Rangers will win the Division easily. I dunno. I don't see any evidence to support that this might be the case.

Am watching St Mirren, QOTS and Falkirk with interest to see how they re-tool. Should be interesting, again, next year.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

El Hass isn't a striker though, he's a number 10. And I predict he'll be one of our best/most important players next season.

Eckersley in reply to someone asking if he's going to hibs on Instagram "wish hibs well! But no I'm not going there pal". That settles that question then.

The way I see it is that we saw the best of Keating's ability this season. He may get slightly better but not much. Very god championship player and could play in the bottom half of the SPL. I feel el hass has the potential to be one of our best players. You can see it In the way he plays and I feel like when we so get the proper el hass people will be shocked at what he can do. I guess in the next 6 months I'll either be eating my words or telling you I told you so, only time will tell.

Allowayjambo1874

Eckersley in reply to someone asking if he's going to hibs on Instagram "wish hibs well! But no I'm not going there pal". That settles that question then.

Think Lewis Stevenson has just re-signed for Hibs which would probably kill another LB deal stone dead.

Regardless of signings it's pleasing to know that no team will ever walk the league as easy as we did, 1 defeat until the point the league was won.

Fair enough lost a couple more games after it was won and players were just going through the motions

Neither Sevco, the bottlers or the rest will ever do that

manaliveits105

Excellent louey is still there a man ingrained with failure after failure bulk buy the popcorn for next year .

I appreciate El Hass has had his issues with injuries and I'll admit his performances picked up slightly after we'd won the league, but my main issue with him is his attitude. a lot of the time I get the impression he's playing for El Hass and not for Hearts. Happy to be proved wrong re his abilities - as I say Robbie obviously sees something in him and he's seldom wrong, so we'll wait and see what a full pre-season does for his performances. Still wouldn't shed a tear if he left, on the other hand...

p.s. he's never looked mobile or agile enough to be an effective no. 10 for me, has plenty good touches but can look a bit cumbersome. happy to put this down to his injury-plagued season for now...seems to be a lot of el hass sympathisers on this thread :builder2:

p.s. he's never looked mobile or agile enough to be an effective no. 10 for me, has plenty good touches but can look a bit cumbersome. happy to put this down to his injury-plagued season for now...seems to be a lot of el hass sympathisers on this thread :builder2:

Given you have some belief that he has an attitude problem i'll take your views on 'sympathisers' with a pinch of salt.

I don't sympathise with any player. I just happen to think El Hass could prove to be a good player for us.

I could be wrong. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Think Lewis Stevenson has just re-signed for Hibs which would probably kill another LB deal stone dead.

perhaps

but both Stevenson and Eckersley can play in midfield

and its good cover plus better attitude / will to win into squad

Danny Carmichael is an exciting signing for them. I would have been happy to have him at Hearts. Obviously RN and CL dont agree or he would be signing for us.

I just wonder if with the signing of Keatings that will mean Cummings will be out the door. I got the feeling that Stubbs was getting a bit fed up with his antics. 

The key to their season is whether they can hold on to SA and D McG if they can then 11/5 for them to win their League is a tempting bet.

As others have said they are doing the right thing getting organized early by flying out of the stalls before The Rangers have even got their horses saddled.

I wouldn't.

1 goal and 5 assists for a winger/creative player in the second tier.

Compare that to Nicolson, King and Walker.

He may have improvement in him but I'm not sure he would improve us in any way.

I wouldn't.

1 goal and 5 assists for a winger/creative player in the second tier.

Compare that to Nicolson, King and Walker.

He may have improvement in him but I'm not sure he would improve us in any way.

Bang on......a wide player is not a position where we are short of talent.

There are players out there who are good players but it is about using the budget to fill the positions where there is a need or where clear improvement can be shown.

We need also to keep space for younger players coming through and not just fill gaps with decent but journeyman players.

I appreciate El Hass has had his issues with injuries and I'll admit his performances picked up slightly after we'd won the league, but my main issue with him is his attitude. a lot of the time I get the impression he's playing for El Hass and not for Hearts. Happy to be proved wrong re his abilities - as I say Robbie obviously sees something in him and he's seldom wrong, so we'll wait and see what a full pre-season does for his performances. Still wouldn't shed a tear if he left, on the other hand...

Don't agree with this at all. It seems as if he was desperate to make an impact and impress the Fans, as well as contribute more to the league win. At no point did I think he was selfish and only looking out for himself. Keatings was probably the most selfish player last season

Spellczech

Don't agree with this at all. It seems as if he was desperate to make an impact and impress the Fans, as well as contribute more to the league win. At no point did I think he was selfish and only looking out for himself. Keatings was probably the most selfish player last season

Agree with the last sentence, but I believe his Shoot on Sight policy was because he was so desperate to impress. Suspect it wouldve annoyed Robbie though as it was wrong option too often

Agree with the last sentence, but I believe his Shoot on Sight policy was because he was so desperate to impress. Suspect it wouldve annoyed Robbie though as it was wrong option too often

Any intelligent player would realise you'd get more credit for an assist than a wasted opportunity. Probably one of the reasons he wasn't deemed good enough

100% agreed.

There is no way in hell Servco will be down for another year.  They (& SPFL/SFA) will chuck everything at getting up this year.

H1b5 will be in the play-offs again, with the usual results.

The point of the OP was to highlight that 2 year deals for a club in Hibs position are wrong. And despite the hysteria from their easily pleased fans they will come back to haunt them spectacularly next summer.

Regardless of success or failure it can only end badly in a near complete rebuild in the summer for the umpteenth season in a row, they are in the championship for a second season because of their short termism and lack of any sort of football foresight from their board. Whether petrie is officially on that or not he still pulls the strings for STF. STF wants his cash back and the only way to do that is for the 1000's of lapsed Hibs fans to buy into the club, mostly through the HSL scheme and ST's i.e. they buy the players for the club, whie STF takes any profit straight out and the bank take any small player profits. This season's strategy is to sign players pre-season radical I know but there you go. As others have alluded to the bad news is still to come!

We have a clear strategy which included a two season stay in the championship - we bought accordingly but as it transpired we are ahead of target so the first thing we do is extend deals of key players and let go those not committed for what ever reason to the club, we can do that because we have the finance to do so. We have a coach not a manager so there's always a safety net should Robbie go for whatever reason. We have valuable young talent. A succession plan for Ann Budge. Sponsorship deal worth ?1.5 (approx.). Prize money. Record gate receipts.

Hibs on the other hand - have very little of what we have, so if their fans think 2 year deals like others on here is any other than a con to get more money from supporters at this early stage and it denotes a coherent strategy then I will sit smugly and laugh at them flounder again.

Sepp's Bladder

Spoke to a few frothy mouthed hibees last night and it occurred to me we're witnessing the next stage of the great Petrie swindle and again the deluded losers are taking the bait.

No denying Fyvie and Keatings are half decent signings but why the TWO year deals? We all know a two year deal is in reality a play for a year if they do well then its try and grab a couple of quid before the player leaves for nothing or signs a pre-contract.

They are appeasing the masses and duping them into buying ST's with a huge safety net of no promotion means another off load of players and a few meagre transfer fee's.

Scott Allan being the prime example - two year deal and after one season look at the speculation on his future.

The plan looks obvious - try and look like you want to win the league but in reality you're preparing for a 3rd season out of the big league and then try and win the diddy league when all the big teams are gone.

All this activity across the city but I'm calm and confident our management team are planning a long term strategy to get us back to Europe, winning cups while they rot in the lower leagues........always in our shadow and never let them forget.

Maybe the players asked for two year deals to safeguard against been in the championship for too long?

tbh, its a policy that suits everyone. Seems logical to me!

Archived