Hibs signing policy

Rudy T

Spoke to a few frothy mouthed hibees last night and it occurred to me we're witnessing the next stage of the great Petrie swindle and again the deluded losers are taking the bait.

No denying Fyvie and Keatings are half decent signings but why the TWO year deals? We all know a two year deal is in reality a play for a year if they do well then its try and grab a couple of quid before the player leaves for nothing or signs a pre-contract.

They are appeasing the masses and duping them into buying ST's with a huge safety net of no promotion means another off load of players and a few meagre transfer fee's.

Scott Allan being the prime example - two year deal and after one season look at the speculation on his future.

The plan looks obvious - try and look like you want to win the league but in reality you're preparing for a 3rd season out of the big league and then try and win the diddy league when all the big teams are gone.

All this activity across the city but I'm calm and confident our management team are planning a long term strategy to get us back to Europe, winning cups while they rot in the lower leagues........always in our shadow and never let them forget.

Clerry Jambo

Over 6000 season tickets sold already, so they're buying into it............

What is also interesting is part of their "doing a Hearts" is getting the deals done early.

Spellczech

What is also interesting is part of their "doing a Hearts" is getting the deals done early.

Spoke to a few frothy mouthed hibees last night and it occurred to me we're witnessing the next stage of the great Petrie swindle and again the deluded losers are taking the bait.No denying Fyvie and Keatings are half decent signings but why the TWO year deals? We all know a two year deal is in reality a play for a year if they do well then its try and grab a couple of quid before the player leaves for nothing or signs a pre-contract.They are appeasing the masses and duping them into buying ST's with a huge safety net of no promotion means another off load of players and a few meagre transfer fee's.Scott Allan being the prime example - two year deal and after one season look at the speculation on his future.The plan looks obvious - try and look like you want to win the league but in reality you're preparing for a 3rd season out of the big league and then try and win the diddy league when all the big teams are gone.All this activity across the city but I'm calm and confident our management team are planning a long term strategy to get us back to Europe, winning cups while they rot in the lower leagues........always in our shadow and never let them forget.

Afraid I cannot see anything wrong with this plan if it is as you say...makes sense, doesn't it? Get promoted and you have option of trying to extend or sell. Fail to get promoted again, and you have another chance then do a rebuild for the top league...it's a better situation than Sevco which set all their contracts to end on promotion this year, failed and now have 2 months for a complete rebuild including having to put entire recruitment faith in McCall or perhaps a new manager!

How many loan players could Sevco sign as that may be their best route...

I'm not sure, is 2 year deals not the norm? Surely you're showing no ambition with a 1 year deal and a 3 year deal is risky for any club in the championship.

IF Hibs keep going the way they are going they have a good chance of coming up (maybe I'm buying into it too)

Dirty Deeds

They're making good signings and I'm sure the players also have input regarding the contract length.

Just accept that they've made two good signings.

Yip.

Two proven championship players who'll keep them competitive, not break the bank and have experience of winning the league. Two years seems a very sensible length of time too.

I'm not gonna laud hibs too much for doing sensible things though. But i struggle to see this as some sort of swindle.

Have i missed something special ?

Last time I looked they re signed a player already at the club and signed a player deemed surplus to Hearts requirements.

Why are they getting so excited ?

One other thing that puzzles me is I thought Keatings was on a TWO year contract. Why no fee ? Are we now so well off we can let players go for nothing ? Especially to that mob.

Spellczech

Have i missed something special ?

Last time I looked they re signed a player already at the club and signed a player deemed surplus to Hearts requirements.

Why are they getting so excited ?

One other thing that puzzles me is I thought Keatings was on a TWO year contract. Why no fee ? Are we now so well off we can let players go for nothing ? Especially to that mob.

Hearts released Keatings the day before he signed for Hibs. Part of the mutual respect/benefit thing that we have going these days.

BelgeJambo

So, Hibs are re-signing players, they are adding to their wage bill(Keatings, possibly a French striker, possibly Eckersley etc etc) and no players earmaked to leave yet  Only 6000 season tickets sold, reduced parachute payment, crowds down, less TV money, debts due for payment blah blah blah.

If they can afford to do this based on their shoite off-field financial income, then I am thinking, Hearts must have money to burn on improving our squad from last season.   Sold out home games, championship winning funds, better TV deal for SPL, FOH and probably double the amount of season tickets.

Afraid I cannot see anything wrong with this plan if it is as you say...makes sense, doesn't it? Get promoted and you have option of trying to extend or sell. Fail to get promoted again, and you have another chance then do a rebuild for the top league...it's a better situation than Sevco which set all their contracts to end on promotion this year, failed and now have 2 months for a complete rebuild including having to put entire recruitment faith in McCall or perhaps a new manager!

How many loan players could Sevco sign as that may be their best route...

There would be nothing wrong with it if they weren't telling their fans "nothing but winning the league is good enough this season" buy your S/T's shares etc etc - when its clear by these two signings they aren't really planning on going up. We had a two year plan and bought accordingly we're ahead of schedule and are already releasing players we don't deem appropriate.

What makes me laugh is listening to semi intelligent blokes getting all worked up into a frenzy about how great Hibs are - a team going places and the multi myths they and the club have created. When everyone else stands back and can see them being taken for mugs again.

If Hibs get anywhere near challenging for the league - i'll be utterly shocked.

CollyWolly

I think as it stands right now Hibs are better prepared for a championship winning run than any other team in that lowly league. Rangers have to rebuild from almost scratch and it remains to be seen where the money is coming from. Rangers have had this laughable 'war chest' mentality since the Souness days and they don't seem to have that much of an infrastructure or scouting strangely to speak of. Maybe they will struggle a bit if DK doesn't dig a bit deeper than he has to date.

Quite impressed with what Hibs appear to be trying to do. It looks like quite a brave and bold signing strategy is underway. Of course all the decent work done so far falls on its face if they lose Allan.

Still be utter carnage in that league next season though. Can't see any of the teams 'doing a Hearts'

alicante jambo

Hibs have resigned guys who were there last season and the same players that let them down against Falkirk in the cup and sevco in the league play off.Theyve signed keatings who I think is a good championship player but they're far from the finished article.That lot will be in the mix with sevco/Falkirk and st midden all knocking hell out each other.Me I'll be getting ready for the next batch of playoffs.Popcorn time

OmiyaHearts

I think the OP is trying to find fault in what seems like a reasonably sensible plan. They're preparing early to combat Rangers and have a better chance of promotion now we're out the league.

They've also secured a decent midfielder in Fyvie and a proven Championship scorer in Keatings. If they keep most of the squad they'll be favourites to go up.

Maybe the OP knows a better way to achieve promotion?

Anyway, despite their plan being sensible or not I hope they make a total arse of it.

Spellczech

There would be nothing wrong with it if they weren't telling their fans "nothing but winning the league is good enough this season" buy your S/T's shares etc etc - when its clear by these two signings they aren't really planning on going up. We had a two year plan and bought accordingly we're ahead of schedule and are already releasing players we don't deem appropriate.What makes me laugh is listening to semi intelligent blokes getting all worked up into a frenzy about how great Hibs are - a team going places and the multi myths they and the club have created. When everyone else stands back and can see them being taken for mugs again.If Hibs get anywhere near challenging for the league - i'll be utterly shocked.

Horses for courses. Hibs have let their captain Liam Craig go, it is one out, one in, and to new deals for existing players. Hardly breaking the bank budget-wise yet they've secured 3 decent players for next season and Sevco have just released a whole team, 11 players and have not even chosen a manager yet. St Mirren have a manager but released their previous player/manager. Hibs are ahead of the curve.

Hearts released Keatings because he was not good enough for the SPL, not because he was not good enough for the Championship. We signed him because he was good enough for the Championship, but he obviously failed to convince mgmt he could produce in the top league.

Their big excuse from this season is clearly not to be repeated, so if they don't get promoted they'll have no excuses, ergo the ST PR chat... The Championship may be won in the summer before a ball is kicked (speaking figuratively)

I see Raith have released Christian Nade and Calum Elliot. 

There y'go Hibs !!

PS - they seem to be following a sensible and fairly ambitious signing policy.

Horses for courses. Hibs have let their captain Liam Craig go, it is one out, one in, and to new deals for existing players. Hardly breaking the bank budget-wise yet they've secured 3 decent players for next season and Sevco have just released a whole team, 11 players and have not even chosen a manager yet. St Mirren have a manager but released their previous player/manager. Hibs are ahead of the curve.

Hearts released Keatings because he was not good enough for the SPL, not because he was not good enough for the Championship. We signed him because he was good enough for the Championship, but he obviously failed to convince mgmt he could produce in the top league.

Their big excuse from this season is clearly not to be repeated, so if they don't get promoted they'll have no excuses, ergo the ST PR chat... The Championship may be won in the summer before a ball is kicked (speaking figuratively)

Not so sure about the last paragraph. If Hibs do all their business now, granted it gets them a good preseason with the squad, it also tells Rangers et al what they're up against.

I don't really care tbh but there's not much Hearts news at the moment, however I can't see how Hibs signing players on two year deals is of that much benefit - where do you go with two year deals - have a shit season and you will be left with players on a year's contract looking to move in the January, have a good season and your players will be picked off by bigger teams with bigger budgets. Either way for the 10th season in a row you need to rebuild a squad. Add into the mix you're manager clearly has ambitions of moving back down south so you could be looking at a new manager and new squad.......just seems very short termism to me and a clear ploy to shift ST's (again nothing wrong with that) but two players fan fared in like these two yet you have no keeper all sounds massively Hibs to me, and doesn't fit with this club on the up mantra I keep hearing.

manaliveits105

They can sign who they want - wee fat louey will still be there and they wont get back up - tick tock

kylelauren01

We signed Pallardo on a one year deal, what does that say?  The days of 5 year deals are dead for clubs like Hearts & Hibs when it comes to new signings.  Players want a bit of security so 2-3 year deals will be absolutely the norm.

Spellczech

Not so sure about the last paragraph. If Hibs do all their business now, granted it gets them a good preseason with the squad, it also tells Rangers et al what they're up against.I don't really care tbh but there's not much Hearts news at the moment, however I can't see how Hibs signing players on two year deals is of that much benefit - where do you go with two year deals - have a shit season and you will be left with players on a year's contract looking to move in the January, have a good season and your players will be picked off by bigger teams with bigger budgets. Either way for the 10th season in a row you need to rebuild a squad. Add into the mix you're manager clearly has ambitions of moving back down south so you could be looking at a new manager and new squad.......just seems very short termism to me and a clear ploy to shift ST's (again nothing wrong with that) but two players fan fared in like these two yet you have no keeper all sounds massively Hibs to me, and doesn't fit with this club on the up mantra I keep hearing.

Fair comment but if loan deals are the equivalent of zero hours contracts in the real world then 2 year deals are akin to 6month rolling contracts that the banks reverted to when they hit trouble...Scottish football is not wealthy, and the days of 4-5 year contracts are long gone. Three year deals leave you with a dud for perhaps 2 years or more. Maybe since only really Celtic can afford to pay transfer fees, signing players up on long deals is too big a risk?

Yip.

Two proven championship players who'll keep them competitive, not break the bank and have experience of winning the league. Two years seems a very sensible length of time too.

I'm not gonna laud hibs too much for doing sensible things though. But i struggle to see this as some sort of swindle.

Where I am too.  We can't slag them for everything!!  I'd be happy enough with those signings and lengths of deal if I, heaven forbid, were a Hibby.

What will be interesting will be to see how much they get out of these players as they're well known for making what look like shrewd signings and somehow turning them pish!!!

Cut The Crap

Good work so far by Hibs, to be fair, especially since their main rivals have neither players, manager, nor any money.

Over 6000 season tickets sold already, so they're buying into it............

Indeed they are, that's about 2,000 per month compared to our 2,500 per week.lol!

Cast No Shadow

The risible filth always try to emulate us. It's the sincerest form of flattery, mind.

Jamboscanbevicius

In fariness to Stubbs he is making decent early moves in the transfer market whilst Rangers flounder around...

Extension for Gray, and signings of Fyvie, Keatings, and Carmichael must be better than that lot could have dreamt of (and better than I expected of them TBH)!

Still think their success will hinge on what happens with Allan and Cummings but they're not hanging around bringing faces in.

GingaNinja

I've said it before and i'll say it again on here . Hibs now have our coaches (not all but most) that produced our golden young talent you see in the first team now !! so is it really surprising they seem to be getting things sorted ?? not to me its not ............

Getintaethem

The always copy everything we do, always have, always will. When they see us being successful they try to emulate it, only natural I suppose. They even copied us when we got relegated ffs!

The signings they have made, Keatings and Carmichael are good quality championship players. Giving Gray and Fyvie new contracts is also a boost for them as they are two of their better players. Will be interesting to see if they can keep a hold of Allan and mcgeogh, although they are too reliant on the former and should maybe let someone else take their corners, someone who can put a bit of pace on a cross.

If I was a Rangers fan I'd be a bit worried as they are strengthening while Rangers are still procrastinating...but I'm not, so really don't care too much about the lower leagues.

The players signed so far are all Chanpionship level players. The only player I could seeing improving our squad is Scott Allan. They will need to get in better players for the SPFL.

Looks like they will give SEVCO a run for their money next season.

I've said it before and i'll say it again on here . Hibs now have our coaches (not all but most) that produced our golden young talent you see in the first team now !! so is it really surprising they seem to be getting things sorted ?? not to me its not ............

getting things sorted,? , easy tiger , lets just see how it pans out...............

Floundering about the lower leagues, signing our sloppy seconds..getting things sorted?? Not sure if serious....

Spellczech

In fariness to Stubbs he is making decent early moves in the transfer market whilst Rangers flounder around...

Extension for Gray, and signings of Fyvie, Keatings, and Carmichael must be better than that lot could have dreamt of (and better than I expected of them TBH)!

Still think their success will hinge on what happens with Allan and Cummings but they're not hanging around bringing faces in.

they'd do well to get Allan either signed or sold asap, ie before Sevco get a manager in. Sevco have history of trying to win by screwing over their rivals and the Bears seem to want Allan more than anyone...

Jambof3tornado

The hibs signings so far have been very decent for a championship club.

How will rangers reply.

manaliveits105

All their signings are dwarfs - Carmichael right in the groove though hibs are a massive club - eh no !

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I've just seen on Facebook Scott Allen has signed a year long extension.

I've just seen on Facebook Scott Allen has signed a year long extension.

I'd be surprised if that happened today. They've signed and paraded two players, they'd have mentioned that Allan extended at the same time. It's not been mentioned officially and only been noted on a Hibs fans Twitter account.

Does Fyvie really wear eye makeup ?

Don't know about that but he is a really 'Handsome Ginger' and the catwalk modelling in Paris. It does not get much better, a sheep wearing eye make-up model in Paris and just signed a 2 year contract with Scottish championship bottlers.

Bazzas right boot

They are doing the right things and getting everything tied up early, that might mean losing Allan and moving on with signings that want to play for them, exactly what we did last year and will do this year, move  the wrong players/ characters out and improve. They are fixing some of the issues that held them back last year, they waited to late and had such a good start, talk of a second relegation was doing the rounds.

Petrie, Butcher and that team were a shambles, funny for us, but a shambles.

They are doing the right things so far, so trying to find fault is just silly.

It's all good, because Rangers are a pretend football team and a better Hibs team will keep them down longer.

We will make signings, publicly we are aiming for top 6, but after watching Inverness and some other games from last year, no doubt privately we will be aiming higher and we will get players to help us achieve that.

fabienleclerq

I seen on fb they've apparently extended Allan's contract. Signing proven championship players seems like a sensible policy. Keatings won the league, Carmichael was a stand out for Queens as were gray and Fyvie for hibs. Allan was player of the year, I'm struggling to see a negative for them.

Unless hibs have started selling three year season tickets I fail to see your point.

I'm all for having a pop when merited but absolutely nothing to see here. Decent bit of business by hibs and zero to criticise them on regarding recent transfer business.

They've improved their squad. (Whether or not that's in prep for offloading others remains to be seen )

torino calcio

Their signings so far have been decent, though there's a strong possibility that this will be balanced with the sale of either Cummings or Allan.

Either way it's of little concern to us as they're unlikely to be playing against us next year.

Go back one season if we just fell into the championship and we were planning a first time stab at promotion and our first 4-5 signings were Allan, Fyvie, Eckersley, Gray and Keatings I would be delighted.

As things stand Hibs are where we were last season and Rangers are exactly where hibs were.

We had the management in place with signings lined up and Hibs had just sacked an entire team with the management soon to follow.

Right now Hibs have the upper hand with a stable management and first team that can be added to.

Rangers are at ground zero with no sign of any tools to start building with.

If it wasn't for hibs reputation for broken bottles my money would be on them to finish in first place right now.

Seems the best way to win the second tier is to sign an entire team who has already done it.

Good business by Hibs tbf but I'm not convinced by their scouting system.

Archived