Cleaner

Hood09

Both myself and my wife work and we also have a little one so looking to get some help with the domestic chores around the house. Anyone here got a cleaner or can recommend one ?

Restonbabe

Start pulling your finger out and help her then. Get up an hour earlier. Should be no excuses especially with a little one. Tidy up as you go. Do the dishes after the tea to burn it off. Hoover in the morning, dust before you go to bed. Put the washing on at night. Then before you go to work take it out and either hang it up or put it in the dryer.

Things to help you are. Buy a dishwasher and a combo washer/dryer.

Even get one of those robo vacuum cleaner. Don't ever let dust build up especially if you have a wee one.

Honestly no excuses for lazyness

NewYorkJambo

Start pulling your finger out and help her then. Get up an hour earlier. Should be no excuses especially with a little one. Tidy up as you go. Do the dishes after the tea to burn it off. Hoover in the morning, dust before you go to bed. Put the washing on at night. Then before you go to work take it out and either hang it up or put it in the dryer.

Even get one of those robo vacuum cleaner. Don't ever let dust build up especially if you have a wee one.

I have a cleaner but as you will see from my username I can't help with a recommendation unfortunately.

But this poster talking about laziness!?!? Get a grip. I work extremely long hours - and the poster indicates he and his wife work - so how people spend their money has nothing to do with you. Perhaps he would rather hang out with his kid than clean the house?

Don't be such a judgemental *****

And why have you assumed his wife does the housework? Or was that your sexism showing?

Good grief.

Deary me. Try shiftwork when your wee one screams all night long and see how much of that you can't actually do.

Restonbabe

I'm a woman. 7 months pregnant with a 9 year old. Work 35 hours a week. Still have time to clean and ensure everything's in order. It's called proiritys.

You make time it's simple as that.

I'm a woman. 7 months pregnant with a 9 year old. Work 35 hours a week. Still have time to clean and ensure everything's in order. It's called proiritys.

It's actually called priorities...

Pedantry aside, I would suggest it's perfectly reasonable that people might prioritise other things, ahead of cleaning. If they can afford to pay for someone else to do it, they can spend time doing other things they would rather do.

So perhaps not as simple as that.

Restonbabe

Deary me. Try shiftwork when your wee one screams all night long and see how much of that you can't actually do.

Try carrying a child for 9 months see how much of that you can't actually do. Been there done that have many many t shirts. Been up for 3 nights in a row with my wee one being sick into my hands because she wasn't going to make the toilet.

You just get on with it. Shift work is nothing.

If they can afford to get someone else in to do it for them, fair play to them. Frees up some time to do more enjoyable things.

Try carrying a child for 9 months see how much of that you can't actually do. Been there done that have many many t shirts. Been up for 3 nights in a row with my wee one being sick into my hands because she wasn't going to make the toilet.

Sounds brutal. Can see why they'd want to hire a cleaner.

Restonbabe

I have a cleaner but as you will see from my username I can't help with a recommendation unfortunately.

But this poster talking about laziness!?!? Get a grip. I work extremely long hours - and the poster indicates he and his wife work - so how people spend their money has nothing to do with you. Perhaps he would rather hang out with his kid than clean the house?

Don't be such a judgemental *****

And why have you assumed his wife does the housework? Or was that your sexism showing?

100% sexism showing my jambo loving Apple cruncher. Why can't they do it all?

Back on topic, gumtree is a good start.

NewYorkJambo

People judging saying hiring a cleaner makes you lazy!?

Jeezo....

NewYorkJambo

If I worked 35 hours a week I likely wouldn't hire a cleaner either. But I work a lot more.

That said, I wouldn't judge someone who didn't work at all for hiring a cleaner if that is how they chose to spend their money. Each to their own.

Restonbabe

If I worked 35 hours a week I likely wouldn't hire a cleaner either. But I work a lot more.

That said, I wouldn't judge someone who didn't work at all for hiring a cleaner if that is how they chose to spend their money. Each to their own.

35 hrs is only paid. I look after my my mum too. But don't get paid for that. that counts as a job too. Oh and my daughter.

Men with their long hours. Actually laugh at that excuse. Id Swap in a heartbeat. Unfortunately most men wouldn't last a week with a women's workload. That's been proven on many occasions

Since you don't have much on Reston, could you come round and clean my toilet?

NewYorkJambo

35 hrs is only paid. I look after my my mum too. But don't get paid for that. that counts as a job too. Oh and my daughter.

Men with their long hours. Actually laugh at that excuse. Id Swap in a heartbeat. Unfortunately most men wouldn't last a week with a women's workload. That's been proven on many occasions

This thread is going way off the OP's original intent which is a shame but you keep digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole. You are judging people who hire a cleaner. Why, god only knows. And now you have two sexist sentences to end your last post. Can you please point us to the "many" examples - which I presume are scientific studies beyond reproach - that show that a man couldn't cope with a "women's workload".

And out of interest, what is "a women's workload"? It's the 21st century so I don't know what you mean?

You're just being ridiculous when you come out with the 9 months line. And unless you run a house and work shifts around your children then you don't have a clue love.

Try carrying a child for 9 months see how much of that you can't actually do. 

Try spending all of your time at work carrying the female members of staff as they constantly moan about being knackered.

Not that I do that off course.  :baby: 

Jambothump

Strange Restonbabe, still makes time to get onto JKB, with her frenetic lifestyle ?

Heres Rixxy

I feel for the users on this thread who prioritise or get up early to do cleaning. I prefer to pay someone to do that shite for me so I can spend time doing stuff I actually want to do.

I never lift a finger and the house is ****ing spotless :smug:

Bloody hell, this post has gone crazy. I reckon if most people could afford to they'd hire a cleaner, I know I would.

Let's get back to the question, can anyone recommend one or give some advice?

Rampant sexism. :(

On topic, if I could afford one, I'd love a cleaner. A couple I know used to have one and I think it cost them about ?30 a week. They've moved and I don't know the company they used.

This is incredible.

Der Kaiser

People judging saying hiring a cleaner makes you lazy!?

Jeezo....

I know....some folks are just delusional....it's BEING lazy that makes you hire a cleaner......sheesh.......

fabienleclerq

How do you know his wife is doing the housework? The guy might work 70 hours or have a really demanding child for all you know, pipe down. I would suggest the fact both he and his wife work means they aren't lazy and if he can afford a cleaner why not get one?

Unknown user

On topic, if I could afford one, I'd love a cleaner. A couple I know used to have one and I think it cost them about ?30 a week. They've moved and I don't know the company they used.

Totally! I have a friend who used to get his house cleaned and his washing and ironing taken away and delivered back for 50 quid a week but that was before he lost his job.

But why not, he decided that 200 quid of his disposable income a month was worth paying to put his feet up while still living in a clean house, others make different judgement calls

Better call Saul

If they can afford to get someone else in to do it for them, fair play to them. Frees up some time to do more enjoyable things.

This

poor lad has came on for a bit of advice and been booted up and down ! sake i have seven in my house and if I could trust and afford someone to do our ironing and washing I would be right in there hiring .

Riddley Walker

:cornette:

Sorry but what a load of pish. Maybe the men you know are just arseholes? I've got a young kid, me and my GF split our household responsibilities evenly.

"a woman's workload" :facepalm: It's 2015 FFS. Some women will have extremely demanding workloads, some won't. Some men will, some won't.

Nookie Bear

Go for a lie down, you're making a complete and utter arse of yourself.

NewYorkJambo

Just to clarify, some people saying the OP is getting a hard time...... it's all from one person!

Both myself and my wife work and we also have a little one so looking to get some help with the domestic chores around the house. Anyone here got a cleaner or can recommend one ?

If you do get a cleaner in, try & find 1 who is BICs qualified other wise you could be accidentally poisoned,

*** hell, you sound like a right bundle of fun. Who pissed on your chips? Mother of the bloody decade contender here going by your high opinion of yourself.

Didn't realise sexism was acceptable on here now.

Intriguing.

Who the hell do you think you are? What right do you have to judge others?

The guy clearly states that he and his wife work and so would like to ease the workload at home so they can relax or spend time with their kids, not to mention that someone else will be benefiting by earning a little cash and because your up the duff and feeling all hormonal you think it's perfectly ok to give him a hard time?

**** off

Craig Gordons Gloves

I'm wary of posting this as i don't want to cause Restonbabe to go into premature labor but i'm the only income earner in our house and we had cleaners* come in every week to clean the house. The best part is, i know of at least another 3 people who do the same. 

It was great. So Hood09 - can't offer any recommendations but you'll find that once you find the right person/people it makes for a much better family life.

*it was a family business so the 3 of them would come and do the whole house in less than 2 hours. 

Stuart Lyon

An ex-colleague had a cleaner come in once a week but she would "tidy-up" a bit before she arrived as she didn't want the woman to think the house was a mess!

I'm wary of posting this as i don't want to cause Restonbabe to go into premature labor but i'm the only income earner in our house and we had cleaners* come in every week to clean the house. The best part is, i know of at least another 3 people who do the same.

It was great. So Hood09 - can't offer any recommendations but you'll find that once you find the right person/people it makes for a much better family life.

*it was a family business so the 3 of them would come and do the whole house in less than 2 hours.

So, you work hard and you and your family are fortunate enough to spend personal time with your family and not doing laborious chores. Your efforts allow for more comfort at home.

Jesus, if that's not why we all work, why do we work?

fabienleclerq

So, you work hard and you and your family are fortunate enough to spend personal time with your family and not doing laborious chores. Your efforts allow for more comfort at home.

Jesus, if that's not why we all work, why do we work?

So the wife can spend my money...

Nookie Bear

An ex-colleague had a cleaner come in once a week but she would "tidy-up" a bit before she arrived as she didn't want the woman to think the house was a mess!

We have a cleaner who comes every two weeks and we always have a tidy up the night before. It's so she doesn;t have to waste time moving clutter and can just get on with cleaning.

Imagine rather being at work for long hours than looking after your daughter and your mum.

:(

Archived