Would a terrible managerial appointment send the Heats fans into open revolt?

Craigieboy

Craigieboy

I'm really just ****ting myself to see who's name comes out of the bag next.

But say we get what we are all deep down expecting (along with an insane rant about British coaches), would the fans turn against VR in an instant?

I know that for me, it would proobly be the end.

What dyou say?

For me i would come on here and moan like **** but i would still go. Whoever we appoint want change that. :confused:

wheatfield to sheffield

we have already had a series of terrible managerial appointments ... Rix, Korobochka to name the worst two ... and where was the open revolt then?

oh, and tommy mclean.

Craigieboy

I dunno guys. After a couple of ridiculous signings & a terrible 1st few games, I think the knives would be out.

alwaysthereinspirit

Why bring up an American basketball team and their woes. When we obviously have our own issues at home. ;)

Only a Game

I think a poor appointment or no appointment at all will have an immediate impact on whats left of the ST renewal period. (3500 down on last season as it stands at the moment, the story goes)

I think a poor season following a poor appointment would have a devastating effect on attendances from very early doors but revolt ? Nah I cant see revolt by Hearts fans again unless and until we are back to the point of extinction.

We are very nearly back down to the hard core already That hard core historically dont stop going because of poor results and they tend not to bother too much with active protest until its squeaky bum time.

letsalllaughathobos
I dunno guys. After a couple of ridiculous signings & a terrible 1st few games, I think the knives would be out.

i agree with you it has the potential. as specially if it is another malofeev or similar

Rick Grimes
I don't think the fans would revolt.

I think too many people would say Vlad tried to change and it would give him the benifit of the doubt.

Even if we appointed the current Kaunas coach, I think people would not be too upset.

For me irrespective of happened with McGee, the Jan 1st statement needs to be made good. No execuses, lets be honest that statement was made close to 6 month ago and we're still without a manager.

Thats not good enough.

indeed.

Bootboy100

A revolt is maybe a tad strong however nothing less than a decent manager appointed will certainly not be great preparation for the fans or players going into the new season, couple that with potentially crap being signed then it all could go t!ts up big time before a ball is kicked in earnest!!!

Pants Shaton

The Romanov apologists would claim that he tried and now can't trust British managers.

Just like he won't spend big money on players because he tried and it failed (Makela & Beslija).

Recruiters for religious cults should try their luck on kickback - home of the credulous.

Not sure.

While McGhee would have been nice, the crumb of comfort I am taking from this is that we were prepared to go for someone of his apparent calibre.

So, A N Other of a similar calibre will do.

A Gordon Chisholm (that is a joke right? I haven't read the thread yet.) or someone similar would not do. That's not to say that they wouldn't work out, just that I doubt that they would.

Which leaves us with who?

Billy Davies? He'd do. As would Jeffries. The latter being more short term imho.

If it's another unknown from anywhere I will not be happy. Open revolt? Nah, I'm at the couldn't care less stage as nothing would surprise me.

BTW, even if we get a "good manager" there is no guarantee that they will actually get results. Please let us not go down a "what if" navel gaze re McGhee. Please.

Thunderstruck

Would be interested to read a definition of "terrible". Does it mean anyone other than Mark McGhee or anyone born in the former Soviet Bloc?

Who is to say a manager will be good, bad or indifferent until he puts a team on the park.

Prejudging talent or ability would have denied us the services of Hartley, Cameron and even Pressley. I seem to recall reservations about the stature and ability of a certain Mr Burley in advance of him getting a team onto the park.

Buffalo Bill

If the job goes to Frail or some Kaunas/Ripo-Gimp, and we go a goal down early into the new season then I suspect there will be a rather nasty atmosphere around Tynecastle.

The club still have time to put this right.

Buffalo Bill

BTW, even if we get a "good manager" there is no guarantee that they will actually get results. Please let us not go down a "what if" navel gaze re McGhee. Please.

Boris, in all the countless thousands of posts I have read on JKB in the "HMFC: managerless and rudderless" era, not one has claimed that appointing a decent manager would guarantee success or results. Not one.

I think there is a general recognition that even a decent manager is going to have his work cut out to rebuild the playing side of the club. Personally, I don't think it's a quick job.

Unforunately, we even have some bright sparks on here who remind us from time to time that having a manager is not necessarily a good idea as not every club that has a manager is successful on the pitch...

:confused:

Ray Winstone

If he fail to give us a manager that is of proven quality - there may well be revolt.

I for one will be 'pure raging man' and the deflated feeling following MM turning us down will just carry on through the the start of the season.

Boris, in all the countless thousands of posts I have read on JKB in the "HMFC: managerless and rudderless" era, not one has claimed that appointing a decent manager would guarantee success or results. Not one.

I think there is a general recognition that even a decent manager is going to have his work cut out to rebuild the playing side of the club. Personally, I don't think it's a quick job.

Unforunately, we even have some bright sparks on here who remind us from time to time that having a manager is not necessarily a good idea as not every club that has a manager is successful on the pitch...

:confused:

I agree with what you say, but I was merely getting my retaliation in first re the navel gazing. C,mon...you know it's going to happen!

How often is the phrase "world cup stars" and the word "promised" used in a post on this MB? ;)

Fenerjambo

I wouldn't imagine there would be a revolt but the atmosphere at Tynie would be very heated indeed!! The fans have had enough of this supposed trying to get managers or directors of football.McGhee must have looked at the trouble Vlad can cause and would he have ever trusted Vlad?? The whole managerless saga is down to one man who is a lunatic and his reputation looks like it has been tarnished for good. Nobody seems to want to work under him even with mega bucks on offer. I can see another Interim coach taking over with a nobody Lith as director of football plus Rima being called back to mend Pinnila's broken finger nails or Callum Elliot's sore erse!!

The whole club is a joke and we know who to thank for that?!

rememberwilliegibson
The Romanov apologists would claim that he tried and now can't trust British managers.

Just like he won't spend big money on players because he tried and it failed (Makela & Beslija).

Recruiters for religious cults should try their luck on kickback - home of the credulous.

it's like taking candy fae a baby for romanov... :mad:

I'm really just ****ting myself to see who's name comes out of the bag next.

But say we get what we are all deep down expecting (along with an insane rant about British coaches), would the fans turn against VR in an instant?

I know that for me, it would proobly be the end.

What dyou say?

When it comes to Hearts fans open revolt is singing "We're *****e and we know we are" against St Mirren.

We may slaughter individual players but IMO we are pretty loyal when it comes to the team.

What I do think is, that without a manager we can rally around and 'believe' in, if we don't start the season well I think the atmosphere at the games may get pretty poisonous.

I reckon there will be a lot more hat kickers anyway ... I genuinely think it would / will be the beginning of the end if Vlad doesn't have a plan B!

awadooningorgie2

Even if things started badly, some open. honest dialogue from Romanov would suffice to calm the situation. There has never been any such dialogue from him unfortunately.

Baa Baa Baa Baa Baa Baa Baa Baa Baa...I'll just follow the rest even if they walk off a cliff.

Baa Baa Baa Baa Baa:sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

Archived