Gordon Chisholm - yes or no

robbo22

Gordon Chisholm - next manager  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Gordon Chisholm - next manager

• yes
    • no

simple yes or no - would you be happy to see him as our next manager.

personally I wouldn't.

:107years:

shaun.lawson
Who the **** said yes?

NMH, and two others I'd guess! :)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

We have not sunk that low yet have we for Christ's sake?

No way. Not some Hobo loser at Tynie. Never

Gordon Chisholm - no thanks - Thank god this is only drivel from the "******".

The man is not Hearts standard.

You reckon? He'd be an improvement on most of our recent managers.

We're not just looking for an improvement - we want a vast improvement - Chisholm would not give us that.

Charlie-Brown

I haven't voted on this thread and I don't think Chisholm would be the ideal candidate but I don't think he would be a bad candidate either - outside of McGhee & Levein which other smaller club manager did better than him this season? Hamilton boss maybe but not many others even in the SPL - he also took QoS tothe final thumping the Dons & giving the Gers a fright which means apart from McGhee he also got his team into europe - maybe he just had a good season who knows but he has at least as good managerial credentials as MacDonald or Levein or Robertson had when they got the Hearts job.

Denny Crane

Ah kickback wouldn't be kickback if it we didn't have the occasional wielding of the pitchforks.

If Chisholm gets the position (and I made my own position clear on another thread before you ask), how many of you would be prepared to give him a chance? Or will you be demanding his sacking regardless of what he does?

I remember when McLean got the job when Jefferies was supposedly in the running and the fanzine Always the Bridesmaid welcomed Tommy and commented along the lines that Jefferies was not the right option as they heard he couldn't run a training session. One year later it's "Thanks Jim for making me enjoy being a Jambo again". Chisholm may or may not have the capacity to change everyone's intial perspective on him, but if appointed by Hearts, he deserves a chance in doing so.

I haven't voted on this thread and I don't think Chisholm would be the ideal candidate but I don't think he would be a bad candidate either - outside of McGhee & Levein which other smaller club manager did better than him this season? Hamilton boss maybe but not many others even in the SPL - he also took QoS tothe final thumping the Dons & giving the Gers a fright which means apart from McGhee he also got his team into europe - maybe he just had a good season who knows but he has at least as good managerial credentials as MacDonald or Levein or Robertson had when they got the Hearts job.

1fireman-sam-penny.jpg

:P

Charlie-Brown
1fireman-sam-penny.jpg

:P

Clearly you've not been paying attention Dazo - I suggested GC as a possibility if McGhee or Levein wouldn't come months ago as I thought he was doing a good job with Queens long before their games with Aberdeen or Rangers.........

alwaysthereinspirit
"Oh my good god,it's Chisholm...!

[ATTACH]523[/ATTACH]

"I thought you were dead"

Clearly you've not been paying attention Dazo - I suggested GC as a possibility if McGhee or Levein wouldn't come months ago as I thought he was doing a good job with Queens long before their games with Aberdeen or Rangers.........

I don't care how many people we went through GC should never be a possibility to be the Hearts manager.

Charlie-Brown
I don't care how many people we went through GC should never be a possibility to be the Hearts manager.

Why?

Not in the the managerial 'bracket' I'd LIKE to be talking about...............but hey, I'm sinking down so quickly that right now I'd accept Jimmy Duffy's appointment :wacko:

Captain America

And those managers weren't Hearts Standard either, think we should be looking higher than Chisholm thats all.

Charlie-Brown
Because his CV is dreadful and he was a terrible manager at Dundee Utd.

Sturrock, Alex Smith, McCall, Chisholm & Brewster all struggled at Tannadice until Levein turned them around - but Chisholm has done very well at Queens given the low level of resources available to him - maybe he's just had a good season and maybe it's still slightly to early for him to be Hearts manager but he certainly shows promise in my opinion - what managerial cv or credentials did MacDonald, Levein or Robbo have when they became Hearts manager?

No Nonsense

If this is true then this is a joke and i'll explain why- there is not a chance in hell that Chisolm was on a shortlist drawn up in January, which means that we had no shortlist and thus no back up plan. Incidently I voted No to Chisolm. Just don't fancy him to be honest. Not knocking his achievements this season but I could name plenty of people I would rather have.

Sturrock, Alex Smith, McCall, Chisholm & Brewster all struggled at Tannadice until Levein turned them around - but Chisholm has done very well at Queens given the low level of resources available to him - maybe he's just had a good season and maybe it's still slightly to early for him to be Hearts manager but he certainly shows promise in my opinion - what managerial cv or credentials did MacDonald, Levein or Robbo have when they became Hearts manager?

That is pivotal I think ?

He could not get any response from the guys in the comfort zone at DUFC and I think our situation is not disimilar

Sturrock, Alex Smith, McCall, Chisholm & Brewster all struggled at Tannadice until Levein turned them around - but Chisholm has done very well at Queens given the low level of resources available to him - maybe he's just had a good season and maybe i's still slightly to early for him to be Hearts manager but he certainly shows promise in my opinion - what managerial cv or credentials did MacDonald, Levein or Robbo have when they became Hearts manager?

I wouldn't take Smith, McCall or Brewster either so not sure why you mentioned them ? He has done reasonable well at Queens but i think the cup run has glossed over how well he has actually done. He is managing at the peak of his abilities IMO

MacDonald and Levein were gambles that worked but they did not have failures before joining us that GC has.

Can't believe we are even discussing this clown.

Charlie-Brown

So who are the promising up & coming managers in Scottish Football if Chisholm isn't one of them?

Drylaw Hearts
So who are the promising up & coming managers in Scottish Football if Chisholm isn't one of them?

Alex Rae and Derek Mcinnes are obvious candidates from the 1st Division.

Who says there are any ? If i had to name a couple i would say McInnes or Rae but they are by no means the finished article and are a million miles away from getting near the hearts job.

Charlie-Brown
Alex Rae and Derek Mcinnes are obvious candidates from the 1st Division.

They seem to be reasonable young managers as well DH but are they any better than Chisholm (especially considering QoS resouces compared to Dundee & St.Johnstone) - I also think QoS had favourable results against them this season.

They seem to be reasonable young managers as well DH but are they any better than Chisholm (especially considering QoS resouces compared to Dundee & St.Johnstone) - I also think QoS had favourable results against them this season.

Dundee came 2nd and St johnstone 3rd despite the favourable results you mention. Again those 2 don't have the failures on their CV that GC has.

Charlie-Brown
Who says there are any ? If i had to name a couple i would say McInnes or Rae but they are by no means the finished article and are a million miles away from getting near the hearts job.

Are they? what makes you say that?

Drylaw Hearts

Both are probably 10 years younger than Chisholm and both have just completed their first Season in Management.

GC has been either a Manager or Assistant Manager for a number of years.

Charlie-Brown

I am not saying Chisholm or Rae or McInnes etc will or should be Hearts next manager but when precisely did we get 'above' these kind of guys?

A lot of previous Hearts managers I can remember have been ex-players or senior pro's taking their early steps in management....

Heart of Midlothian at this point in it's history should not be looking at managers from the Scottish First Division (or below). The likes of Chisolm, Rae and McInnes are complete non starters and an embarassment to our intelligence.

The likes of Levein, Davies, Mcghee and Collins are of the correct age and experience and are the age group we should be looking at in terms of being the main man.

A Jefferies, Souness, Royle or Rioch type should bring in Pressley as number 2.

Archived