2 Spanish players possibly?

Walter Bishop

No need for an apology. I'm not here to cause trouble or make an arse of myself or take it too seriously. If someone thinks I broke the rules with my historical memberships I have nothing to hide. It was a bit of a strange question by someone else in the first place.

Cheers.

Too late you've already made a complete arse of yourself with you paranoia!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big Moysey

While we are looking to Spain,think there is a chance that Julen Etxabeguren Leanizbarrutia (1 player lol)could end up as defensive cover with us? I know we keep links with East Fife and Naysmith rates this boy. He played with Real Sociadad as an amateur but was over in Scotland at uni. See there are rumours a number of clubs been looking at him. He is just 24, think a strong signing possibility.

Jambof3tornado

While we are looking to Spain,think there is a chance that Julen Etxabeguren Leanizbarrutia (1 player lol)could end up as defensive cover with us? I know we keep links with East Fife and Naysmith rates this boy. He played with Real Sociadad as an amateur but was over in Scotland at uni. See there are rumours a number of clubs been looking at him. He is just 24, think a strong signing possibility.

Need to take out a mortgage to get his name on your shirt!!!

Jambof3tornado

He was offered a trial at sevco recently. Hardly a strong signing possibility though.

alicante jambo

Be some laugh listening to that be pronounced in a pub after a few drinks.

He's signed today for Dundee.

Armageddon

He's just signed for Dundee!!!

EDIT:  Manny is a week ahead of me here ...

davidirracional

Am I correct in saying the Spanish Div 2 playoffs are this coming Sunday ?

no, this weekend the regular league end.

late the playoff starts.... there are really good and young players in this team (probably sporting, las palmas, zaragoza and valladolid). all of them big teams with years in 1?, but all of them with important economics troubles

but best players of this teams probably play next year in 1? or england teams... maybe for scottish football players few worse are just enough

Be some laugh listening to that be pronounced in a pub after a few drinks.

Think of the commentators and pundits.

Half of the ignoramuses can't even pronounce Zaliukas.

That includes our national team manager!

Hector Riva

So are two players signing or just Juan?

:isee:  :thumbsup:

Tommy Brown

serious question

How do you pronounce his name (properly)?

Pans Jambo

serious question

How do you pronounce his name (properly)?

Is it no: zally ooo cus

Tommy Brown

Is it no: zally ooo cus

That's how, I say it, but is it correct?

I thought it was BOMBSCARE.

:smile:

Pans Jambo

I thought it was BOMBSCARE.

Lived up to that name last Sunday!!!

Hi am new here. Been trying to work out who these two Spanish players could be, just 'cause not knowing irritates me lol. I don't claim to know anything but I believe its possible to work it out. Been a bit geeky for this. Assuming its not going to be a loan deal. Think I might have guessed the striker. 

Some helpful deductions: 

1. Robbie is looking for a striker 'with sell on potential' who will contribute to the first team, as they're essentially replacing Zeefuik. 

2. Therefore they are unlikely to be under 20 because its unlikely we'll get a striker that young who is good enough and cheap enough. 

3. They are unlikely to be over 26 because that limits sell on potential. 

4. It'll probably be a Pallardo type player, the kind who has good La Liga experience but never held regular appearance for their club and has been on loan for the last couple seasons. 

5. Robbie has apparently been spotted around the Alicante region of spain? I can't confirm this but it actually makes sense because Levante are near enough by. 

6. Levante is where we got Pallardo, and therefore it is likely his agent, Clive Jagger, who Robbie has dealt with before successfully will have other clients in the team or region. 

So I did a search for all the players registered in the La Liga teams around that area of spain, looking at every striker of every team (Elche, Valencia, Levante, Villareal and Almeria) to check their circumstances. It was easy to rule most of them out because many were too old (28-32), and players with a lot of first team experience and goals in la liga are basically easy to rule out. There's some players around the ages of 18-22 who are seen to have lots of potential by their clubs and they have huge buy out clauses so that rules them out. A couple were maybes but have 5 year contracts so that ruled them out. 
Interestingly, the only Striker I can find that fits the bill in every way is a guy called Roger Marti.

1. He's 24

2. He's been on loan in the second league for the last 2 years

3. Has one year left on his contract
4. When he did play for Levante he made 17 appearances and only managed one goal. He was then shipped out on loan, so it seems they lost faith in him. 

5. He was actually in the same team as Miguel Pallardo ......... http://www.futbol.com.uy/auc.aspx?175425,1209,0,,0

Again I'm not claiming to actually know anything but I think it lines up very well :)

Jambof3tornado

Hi am new here. Been trying to work out who these two Spanish players could be, just 'cause not knowing irritates me lol. I don't claim to know anything but I believe its possible to work it out. Been a bit geeky for this. Assuming its not going to be a loan deal. Think I might have guessed the striker.

Some helpful deductions:

1. Robbie is looking for a striker 'with sell on potential' who will contribute to the first team, as they're essentially replacing Zeefuik.

2. Therefore they are unlikely to be under 20 because its unlikely we'll get a striker that young who is good enough and cheap enough.

4. It'll probably be a Pallardo type player, the kind who has good La Liga experience but never held regular appearance for their club and has been on loan for the last couple seasons.

5. Robbie has apparently been spotted around the Alicante region of spain? I can't confirm this but it actually makes sense because Levante are near enough by.

6. Levante is where we got Pallardo, and therefore it is likely his agent, Clive Jagger, who Robbie has dealt with before successfully will have other clients in the team or region.

So I did a search for all the players registered in the La Liga teams around that area of spain, looking at every striker of every team (Elche, Valencia, Levante, Villareal and Almeria) to check their circumstances. It was easy to rule most of them out because many were too old (28-32), and players with a lot of first team experience and goals in la liga are basically easy to rule out. There's some players around the ages of 18-22 who are seen to have lots of potential by their clubs and they have huge buy out clauses so that rules them out. A couple were maybes but have 5 year contracts so that ruled them out.

Interestingly, the only Striker I can find that fits the bill in every way is a guy called Roger Marti.

1. He's 24

4. When he did play for Levante he made 17 appearances and only managed one goal. He was then shipped out on loan, so it seems they lost faith in him.

5. He was actually in the same team as Miguel Pallardo ......... http://www.futbol.com.uy/auc.aspx?175425,1209,0,,0

Again I'm not claiming to actually know anything but I think it lines up very well :)

You have too much time on your hands.

But if he's right, it's a great bit of detective work. Puts the EEN to shame

And he's not praying

Or he knows it's him.  :toff:

Either way, I enjoy reading posts like that.  :2thumbsup:

Maiden Gorgie

Some helpful deductions: 

1. He's 24

I bet you're bloody good at Cluedo :lol:

If it is this lad, very well played sir :thumbsup:

If he's right he should ask to get his username changed to Columbo.

17 appearances and one goal, doesn't sound that impressive.

That's in La Liga aged 21/22 or something though. His Loan stats are much better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Mart%C3%AD

You can literally get all this stuff in a few clicks on Wikipedia.

Worth noting that if scouting worked like that we wouldn't have signed Osman Sow who scored about 25 league goals in his whole career at 5 clubs before scoring 11 league goals at hearts in one season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osman_Sow

chester copperpot

Lol yeah I do today

Your very first post was a belter, and one I thoroughly enjoyed reading, even if it is totally wrong, I thank you. :)

Your very first post was a belter, and one I thoroughly enjoyed reading, even if it is totally wrong, I thank you. :)

Cheers :)

augusthearts

Agreed I enjoyed reading it and all.

You could just ask him.....

@Roger27M

Good thinking batman. [emoji4]

the stone rose

6xllCR-T_400x400.jpg

think this him. Assuming he uses his own picture for a profile.

alicante jambo

6xllCR-T_400x400.jpg

think this him. Assuming he uses his own picture for a profile.

They tatoos make him look hard as.

Bert Le Clos

Some helpful deductions: 

1. He's 24

That's a belter of a first post. I like this guy.

But if he's right, it's a great bit of detective work. Puts the EEN to shame

yes its good work

lots of important info coming from research like this

like it

Some helpful deductions:

1. He's 24

:lol:

I actually did something like this when I was bored the other night. Started off looking at Elche and got bored and gave up!

Excellent commitment to the cause, new fella. Research, reasoning, a million times better than the usual plucked out of thin air, could do a job type posts. If it turns out to be our man, this could easily go down as best first post ever. Even if he's shite, I still want it to be true!

I'll stop rimming you now, I look a bit stalkery.

In fact, somebody call him a bellend. He'll get the wrong impression with all these positive posts that the place isn't full of arseholes.

Archived