URGENT HELP CRAIGLEITH HILL CRESCENT

Tom Heaney

Tom Heaney

Sorry folks but I'm in need of some urgent (like today) help

Does anyone live real close to Craigleith Hill Crescent, like close enough to take a picture of a home ?

Unusual request I know but nobody I know back home lives that close

A long shot but worth a try :P

I can be p/m'd or emailed on [email protected]

Cheers

I grew up round the corner and still stay there when I'm back in Edinburgh. Nice area. You thinking of moving there? Sorry, no help with the picture though.

Tom Heaney
I grew up round the corner and still stay there when I'm back in Edinburgh. Nice area. You thinking of moving there? Sorry, no help with the picture though.

Yeah, we have the chance of a house to rent there for when we get back, looks nice and the floorplan looks decent but I want to see what its like from the outside, like how big it looks, some of the other pictures I've seen of other homes for sale there look smaller than what we would like

Thanks for the info, its appreciated

Tom

I just had a look on Google maps. You can zoom in really close and still get pretty good definition.

Give it a try if nobody else can help.

Tom Heaney
I just had a look on Google maps. You can zoom in really close and still get pretty good definition.

Give it a try if nobody else can help.

I've done that and even the msn live 3d map, main problem is its impossible to tell what is the correct house and also its not quite clear enough but it may have to do:eek:

Thanks for your input CHEERS

Stuart Lyon

Tom if you can wait until tomorrow I'll pop over and take a photo for you. What number is it?

Tom Heaney
Tom if you can wait until tomorrow I'll pop over and take a photo for you. What number is it?

Thanks Stuart (and Stevie) Stevie is heading round as we speak

Much appreciated folks, canny beat the power of JKB and the helpful Jambos;)

Cheers

I P Knightley

This thread really warms the cockles of a cynical old man's heart. What a helpful bunch the JKBers are.

'mon the JTs

jamboinglasgow
Sorry folks but I'm in need of some urgent (like today) help

Does anyone live real close to Craigleith Hill Crescent, like close enough to take a picture of a home ?

Unusual request I know but nobody I know back home lives that close

A long shot but worth a try :P

I can be p/m'd or emailed on [email protected]

Cheers

my parents live on one of the streets off it, but unfortunatly I am in Glasgow otherwise I would of helped. Nice street Craigleith Crescent. I grew up just of it.

I P Knightley
Right Steve PM the address and we can stalk Tom when he comes over :)

...and then there's that other, more sinister side of JKB that also impresses me and keeps me coming back :D

Tom Heaney
Right Steve PM the address and we can stalk Tom when he comes over :)

Thats not so funny ;) But I'll tell you what is. Steve was kind enough to offer take a photo of the exterior of the house for me and the street so I could get a feel for the area. So he goes and does that, then blags his way into the hoose and got a wee tour and took interior picts as well....what a man

So its gone from a couple of pints to a guid few :dribble:

Thanks Steve a true Jambo and thanks to the others who p/m'd me offering to take pictures or give advice on the area that was appreciated

Stuart Lyon

Well done Steve - I don't think I would have had the brass neck to ask for a tour but I suppose if they are letting it out it makes sense. Good location; I'm from nearby Drylaw and we used to go into the posh hooses in Craigleith after playing footie at the Tip (gardens either side of Queensferry Road going east from the Holiday Inn) and ask for a drink of water. Usually ended up getting either orange squash or occasionally a lemonade.

Craigleith Crescent, I think you've been living the American Dream to afford a house there Tom!

Really nice area and a good spot to reacquaint yourself with Auld Reekie I'd imagine.

jamboinglasgow
Craigleith Crescent, I think you've been living the American Dream to afford a house there Tom!

Really nice area and a good spot to reacquaint yourself with Auld Reekie I'd imagine.

you done the same mistake as me, thought he was talking about craigleith crescent, then looked at thread title, it is actully Craigleith Hill cresecent.

I get too easily confused.

Tom Heaney
you done the same mistake as me, thought he was talking about craigleith crescent, then looked at thread title, it is actully Craigleith Hill cresecent.

I get too easily confused.

Aye lets no get carried away:dribble:

jamboinglasgow
Aye lets no get carried away:dribble:

Yup, I live right next to Craigleith Cresecent when home and its dream land, the roads are paved with gold and a butler in every house :P

Only a Game
Thats not so funny ;) But I'll tell you what is. Steve was kind enough to offer take a photo of the exterior of the house for me and the street so I could get a feel for the area. So he goes and does that, then blags his way into the hoose and got a wee tour and took interior picts as well....what a man

So its gone from a couple of pints to a guid few :dribble:

Thanks Steve a true Jambo and thanks to the others who p/m'd me offering to take pictures or give advice on the area that was appreciated

Honestly that is brilliant.

Well done Steve. !!

Tom Heaney
Yup, I live right next to Craigleith Cresecent when home and its dream land, the roads are paved with gold and a butler in every house :P

Oh I have a butler, her name is Mrs Heaney;)

davemclaren
Oh I have a butler, her name is Mrs Heaney;)

I think you have that the wrong way round.... :whistling:

Tom Heaney
I think you have that the wrong way round.... :whistling:

Heaney Mrs doesn't sound right

winchester 73
I'm from nearby Drylaw and we used to go into the posh hooses in Craigleith after playing footie at the Tip (gardens either side of Queensferry Road going east from the Holiday Inn) and ask for a drink of water. Usually ended up getting either orange squash or occasionally a lemonade.

Jings, I'd forgotten about the Tip. What good times we had there.

I grew up in Craigleithill (cul de sac off Craigleith road).

I lived there from 1964-1972 before we moved up to Blackhall.

I spent many a summers day playing football there. Usually ending in the fading light with my mum or dad calling for us to come in.

Kept well away from the Drylaws though. :)

Stuart Lyon

Winchester 73 it was well before the YMD etc when we used to have take-ons like Wester Drylaw Row v Wester Drylaw Place or against Telford Drive etc. We used to have wee skirmishes with the same streets at bonfire time but they were relatively mild compared to the later gang violence.

winchester 73

I had a very sheltered upbringing.

Someone shouted "DRYLAWS" and we all ran off in twenty two different directions and didnae stop or look back until you were back home under your bed.

The result being I was crap at footie but a fast runner. ;)

Stuart Lyon

I take it you went to Blackhall primary Winchester or was it Flora's? Flora's was my first primary before they built Drylaw and then Groathill.

Stuart Lyon

Crikey we was only there for about a year! I see they got rid off the huts eventually.

winchester 73

I was at Blackhall (the old one). I always intend to go back and have a look round where I grew up but I never seem to have the time. Maybe when my daughter is a bit older I will take her for "a walk down her old man's memory lane".

Stuart Lyon

Don't think I've been down by the old Blackhall school since they closed the House o Hill! Might take a run by tomorrow if I am out and about.

winchester 73

The house o hill was a good boozer at one time according to my old man.

It was gone by the time I started drinking.

I dont think the old school is there either. :sad:

jamboinglasgow
Well done Steve - I don't think I would have had the brass neck to ask for a tour but I suppose if they are letting it out it makes sense. Good location; I'm from nearby Drylaw and we used to go into the posh hooses in Craigleith after playing footie at the Tip (gardens either side of Queensferry Road going east from the Holiday Inn) and ask for a drink of water. Usually ended up getting either orange squash or occasionally a lemonade.

Never knew it was called the tip, I lived literatly 5 minutes from that place all my childhood and have never set foot in the park, crazy. Though then again I had Mary Erskine School grounds to play in and that was closer. Ah it is a good place, though the only time I met people from Drylaw was when I went to Scouts in Blackhall. I had a sheltered life:sad:

jamboinglasgow
And I bet all those Drylaw Boy Scouts were the salt of the earth.

of course.

Though just realised had a few friends at school from Drylaw. Man I feel so out of touch.

Yeah, we have the chance of a house to rent there for when we get back, looks nice and the floorplan looks decent but I want to see what its like from the outside, like how big it looks, some of the other pictures I've seen of other homes for sale there look smaller than what we would like

It's a nice walk to Tynie from there along the old railway line.

Always used to walk to the games that way from Drylaw to Russell Road and get a lift over at the turnstiles.

Jumpers for goalposts.........

The Future's Maroon
Are you a peeping tom in your spare time!!!!!

Stuart Lyon

Naw I'm a peeping Stuart.

TPW - I used to get the train from Craigleith Station to Dalry to go to Tynie. Craigleith Stn was where the petrol station is now.

willie wallace
Winchester 73 it was well before the YMD etc when we used to have take-ons like Wester Drylaw Row v Wester Drylaw Place or against Telford Drive etc. We used to have wee skirmishes with the same streets at bonfire time but they were relatively mild compared to the later gang violence.

I was a member of the Place team in sixties and early seventies and also had tenuous links to Blackhall and Craigleith as that was the answer i used to give when someone on the bus asked where i lived.

Many of our take-ons were held in the circle in Wester Drylaw Place and there were some cracking players among the YMD guys.

Do take-ons still happen/

Archived