Things you hate that everybody loves.

WSTR

Inspired by the things you're ashamed you like thread. What do you hate that everybody else seems to love?

I'll start off -

?The Beatles

?When it's hot in Scotland. I'd rather save hot weather for when I'm abroad :lol:

?When it's hot in Scotland. I'd rather save hot weather for when I'm abroad :lol:

It being hot in scotland when you're there doesnt make it rain when you go on holiday.

It being hot in scotland when you're there doesnt make it rain when you go on holiday.

I mean that'd I'd rather the weather was hot in the place I was going.

I mean that'd I'd rather the weather was hot in the place I was going.

I know, that's what I was replying to. They're not linked.

There's not a personal quantity of sunshine that gets used up if it's sunny in Edinburgh.

There's not a personal quantity of sunshine that gets used up if it's sunny in Edinburgh.

Good lord.

The Internet

Facebook and Twitter. I used to hate Facebook more but I think Twitter has overtaken it recently because it's just so unavoidable and full of shit. Can't go anywhere or watch anything or look at anything without a hashtag being thrown at you.

Inspired by the things you're ashamed you like thread. What do you hate that everybody else seems to love?

I'll start off -

?The Beatles

The Beatles - so it's not just me, thank Christ for that.

I find when you mention to folk you don't like The Beatles, the average response is a look like you've just shat on their living room carpet.

Really? You hate every one?

Pretty much, yep. I find them too predictable, I suppose, the humour far too soft, the action too "mano a mano". They generally seem to take one premise and then stretch it out ad nauseam.

The last one I could get into was the X-Files and that was a long time ago.

Oh, I did like ReGenesis, but that was Canadian.

So, given the plethora of US series about at the moment and the fact that I don't watch, or particularly want to watch any of them, makes me very much a fish that swims against the shoal. Also makes me very popular when everyone's talking about the latest series they're watching... ;)

peter_hmfc

Cara Delevigne. Not so much a hate, more a "Things you don't get that everyone else loves". Supermodel and one of the most beautiful women in the world? Eh, okay?

Nightclubs are utter shite as well, and then some, glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. Pubs are pretty rank too.

Beer tastes like fermented rat-piss.

There's no doubt dozens more.

Riddley Walker

Pretty much, yep. I find them too predictable, I suppose, the humour far too soft, the action too "mano a mano". They generally seem to take one premise and then stretch it out ad nauseam.

The last one I could get into was the X-Files and that was a long time ago.

Oh, I did like ReGenesis, but that was Canadian.

So, given the plethora of US series about at the moment and the fact that I don't watch, or particularly want to watch any of them, makes me very much a fish that swims against the shoal. Also makes me very popular when everyone's talking about the latest series they're watching... ;)

There are such a varied selection of US TV shows around atm that there will certainly be some you like.

Stay away from the vanilla sitcoms they churn out.

There are so many "high quality" shows around from the States just now, I'd say recent years have been a golden age for TV.

Gorgiewave

Nightclubs.

A bloody good answer.

Parties, most people, "community", TV.

The SNP.

There are such a varied selection of US TV shows around atm that there will certainly be some you like.

Stay away from the vanilla sitcoms they churn out.

There are so many "high quality" shows around from the States just now, I'd say recent years have been a golden age for TV.

I'm a fan of Sci-Fi (not fantasy) and, to a certain degree, the unexpected. I enjoy flamboyance and humour too (i.e. films that don't take themselves too seriously).

For example, film-wise, Delicatessen, V for Vendetta, Fight Club, Moulin Rouge and The Fifth Element float my boat.

Anything you'd recommend series-wise? (I know, I haven't given you much to get your teeth into)

Lots of people hate Tuna though, it can be perceived as a pretentious fish. Wrongly.

I like it with Sweetcorn & Mayo, personally.

If you are planning for a year, sow rice;

if you are planning for a decade, plant trees;

if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.

I also don't care for tuna, but didnt really think it was something that everybody loves really.

Restonbabe

I'm a fan of Sci-Fi (not fantasy) and, to a certain degree, the unexpected. I enjoy flamboyance and humour too (i.e. films that don't take themselves too seriously).

For example, film-wise, Delicatessen, V for Vendetta, Fight Club, Moulin Rouge and The Fifth Element float my boat.

Anything you'd recommend series-wise? (I know, I haven't given you much to get your teeth into)

Not American but flashpoint (canadian) was immense when it was about. Sci fi go for Kyle xy. Slate me for it after you watch it. Thought it was ahead of its time when it came out. Ray Donovan, the blacklist, the following only season 1&2 (3rd is shite) strike back (sky/cinemax) banshee. There are more however that's over 20,000 hours of tv there alone to watch!

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I don't live in Edinburgh.

Thought that

Obviously I missed that thread or I wouldn't have started this one :lol:

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I don't live in Edinburgh.

He means, just because it's sunny here in Scotland doesn't mean it's going to use up your quota of sun for the year, it will still be sunny when you go abroad.

I think.

He means, just because it's sunny here in Scotland doesn't mean it's going to use up your quota of sun for the year, it will still be sunny when you go abroad.

I think.

Yes, but I'd rather it just pissed down constantly here. 365 days a year. That's the dream. That way if I want sunshine I can go abroad. Nothing worse than it being 25 degrees in this country and having to work in a kitchen that hits temperatures of 40 degrees, then having to go home and sleep on top of the Covers. It just isn't acceptable. **** global warming.

GlasgoJambo

Obviously I missed that thread or I wouldn't have started this one :lol:

:thumbsup:

Didn't mean to be a dick about it but it was so close in content it was worth a menchy.

Yes, but I'd rather it just pissed down constantly here. 365 days a year. That's the dream. That way if I want sunshine I can go abroad. Nothing worse than it being 25 degrees in this country and having to work in a kitchen that hits temperatures of 40 degrees, then having to go home and sleep on top of the Covers. It just isn't acceptable. **** global warming.

Oh i see haha, i also worked in a kitchen for a few years so i know what you mean when it's warm.

Felix Lighter

I reckon 2na is a primitive form of artificial intelligence.It is on here as some sort of beta test maybe.

chester copperpot

People who reference a bands songs on a football fans forum whenever a part of a bands name is mentioned in a post!

Sorry, cant resist posting on this as you're on my favourite subject.

not all are American so you may have seen some, these are in order of recommendation and are all sci-fi based.

1.  Utopia (UK) 

2.  The Returned (French version)

3.  Battlestar Galactica (American/Canadian)

4.  Chuck (American) - good for a giggle.

5.  Black Mirror (UK)

6.  Intruders (American)

7.  Leftovers (American)

Based on your movie preference, you'll probably love all of these.

Archived