Fifa set to back quota proposal

Praha06

Works for me, gives the smaller teams more of a chance to compete. However I'd see the OF buying every decent Scottish player and benching them just to ensure continued dominance. It'd be up to the players to decide whether money or playing is for them, unfortunately most would choose the cash and hope to be one of six.

ToadKiller Dog

I cant see how this rule could be adopted for any player who is a EU citizen ,if implemented can see it getting took to court.

troonjambo
I cant see how this rule could be adopted for any player who is a EU citizen ,if implemented can see it getting took to court.

dont you know uefa are above the law **** them time the clubs put them into touch

This will not be happening. IMHO, this is all about FIFA's concern that it is losing control of football. What is more important - international teams or club teams? I think the genie is already out of the bottle. UEFA can barely control the big clubs in Europe as it is and that will only get more difficult.

While it is possible for agreement to be reached with the EU to exempt football from the normal rules on employment, does anyone seriously think that the big clubs are going to let UEFA or FIFA make such an agreement?

Football clubs are businesses and will fight tooth and nail to prevent rules being put in place that might risk their dominance in the market place. The big clubs don't need to develop players who come from the country they are based in, which suits them fine as it is not something that can be fixed by throwing money at it. Much better for the big clubs to let everyone else unearth the stars of tomorrow and then buy them.

The days of teams winning the European Cup with every player born within spitting distance of Celtic Park are long gone and will never return.

Tasavallan

I cannot see FIFA being able to impose this in Europe due to the employment law, however I can see UEFA making it a condition for teams participating in the Champions League and UEFA Cup.

I cannot see FIFA being able to impose this in Europe due to the employment law, however I can see UEFA making it a condition for teams participating in the Champions League and UEFA Cup.

If that happened, the G12 or G14 or whatever they are these days would set up their own "Champions League". Since they always qualify for the Champions League anyway, UEFA would be signing its own death warrant.

Football, who cares?

The game is a crock of **** now, totally ruined by money. A few teams having money was bareable, the game was still beautiful, certain famous clubs still had class and an identity now it's just a playground for disgustingly rich guys with nothing better to spend their money on. All the talk now is about 'brands' and globalisation, clubs are like designer fashion labels now, rather than standing for a particular area or style of football it's about who has the nicest strip, the best looking batty boy striker or the biggest bank balance. Football has been turned in to a fake, poofy, plasticy freak show.

It's farcical, you have to have a chuckle watching Sep Slutter slavering on about 'quotas' while the sport is in it's death throes. It's like the orchestra playing while the Titanic sinks.

thee jambo

"At the end of the Champions League in Europe you have in the quarter-finals four teams of the same association (country); in the semi-finals three of these teams.

"Then in the final you are surprised that you have two teams of the same association?"

Simple sollution only allow the champions in.

troonjambo
Football, who cares?

The game is a crock of **** now, totally ruined by money. A few teams having money was bareable, the game was still beautiful, certain famous clubs still had class and an identity now it's just a playground for disgustingly rich guys with nothing better to spend their money on. All the talk now is about 'brands' and globalisation, clubs are like designer fashion labels now, rather than standing for a particular area or style of football it's about who has the nicest strip, the best looking batty boy striker or the biggest bank balance. Football has been turned in to a fake, poofy, plasticy freak show.

It's farcical, you have to have a chuckle watching Sep Slutter slavering on about 'quotas' while the sport is in it's death throes. It's like the orchestra playing while the Titanic sinks.

excellent post

Seymour M Hersh
Works for me, gives the smaller teams more of a chance to compete. However I'd see the OF buying every decent Scottish player and benching them just to ensure continued dominance. It'd be up to the players to decide whether money or playing is for them, unfortunately most would choose the cash and hope to be one of six.

So no change there DR?:mad:

The Real Maroonblood
Football, who cares?

Good post. I see that the premiership have resurected the 39th game.

As you say greed.

Archived