Donkey on talk 107 NOW!!!

dj-noisy

Only a Game
I dont know you from adam and i am not trying to be offensive, but get a grip and grow up.

Do you feel let down? did you happen to believe a journalist? As has been stated the man is hearts daft and seeing as he is a fan who works in the media he would have been desperate to let the other fans know the info he was privvy to.

Hearts have allegedly been after MM for nearly six months and all of the donkeys contacts at hearts would have been saying it was a defo. The club seems to have made an error that i dont think anyone could have forseen and to be honest no one except vlad and co know exactly what that is.

You state that the has previous for jumping the gun yet seem baffled as to how he managed it this time. Surely if you know he is not one (in your opinion) to be trusted regarding solid rumours why listen? I understand your anger as i know totally where you are coming from but i feel it is unjustified to blame those who tried to keep the fans informed.

Sorry but re-read my post when you've untwisted your bra strap. I think I make it clear in there that I doubted Donaldson credibility from the start. I am disappointed that its not McGhee. I'm not surprised that Donaldson jumped the gun on the story and made it seem like him coming was a formality. Whatever way you dress it up, thats what he did, and it simply wasnt as cut and dried as he portayed it to be.

When a fan does that, or someone on here does it, and it doesnt pan out, then thats okay IMO. When a professional journalist hangs his hat on a done deal that isnt done, it impacts on his credibility IMO. Its certainly not his fault the deal didnt go through and I can hardly be angry about something he has a track record of doing can I ?

Sorry but re-read my post when you've untwisted your bra strap. I think I make it clear in there that I doubted Donaldson credibility from the start. I am disappointed that its not McGhee. I'm not surprised that Donaldson jumped the gun on the story and made it seem like him coming was a formality. Whatever way you dress it up, thats what he did, and it simply wasnt as cut and dried as he portayed it to be.

When a fan does that, or someone on here does it, and it doesnt pan out, then thats okay IMO. When a professional journalist hangs his hat on a done deal that isnt done, it impacts on his credibility IMO. Its certainly not his fault the deal didnt go through and I can hardly be angry about something he has a track record of doing can I ?

Agree with you mate. The reason people a pis5ed off is because of the certainity and almost confirmation of the deal he was reporting. It was clearly far from a done deal and people are going to think twice about what he reports in the future.

He's certainly not the first and won't be the last Journo to get something wrong, but I think he let his love of the club effect his professional judgement.

Do you know where hell is
(1)Sorry but re-read my post when you've untwisted your bra strap. I think I make it clear in their that I doubted Donaldson credibility from the start. I am disappointed that its not McGhee. I'm not surprised that Donaldson jumped the gun on the story and made it seem like him coming was a formality. Whatever way you dress it up, thats what he did, and it simply wasnt as cut and dried as he portayed it to be.

(2)When a fan does that, or someone on here does it, and it doesnt pan out, then thats okay IMO.

(3)When a professional journalist hangs his hat on a done deal that isnt done, it impacts on his credibility IMO. Its certainly not his fault the deal didnt go through and I can hardly be angry about something he has a track record of doing can I ?

(1)Untwisted my bra strap? I think you've got the wrong guy there but i will dingy that as your a jambo. You say you have made it clear that you doubted him from the start yet still felt compelled to have a go at the guy for proving you right. If he did what you knew he would and believed it to all be nonsense i just dont understand your rant.

You can tart it up all you want but it is clear from your post that you have a problem with the man and anyone else who said he was coming, clearly feeling let down otherwise i just dont get the point in your post, or are you raging for all hearts fans who believed he was coming and now feel let down? If so save your stress as i am sure most will cope.

(2)Eh, okay then so why write this if its okay for a fan to do it " If any of the "in the know" posters come up with it will you pay much attention ? I know I wont." If your not bothered why seem like you are?

(3)When did he hang his hat out? i dont think his career was on the line. He is not the first and he will not be the last journalist to get it wrong. You state its not his fault the deal never went through but still blame him for suggesting it would. I just dont get that as something happened no one could have forseen and it may well have been premature on his part as it was the bookies who had him down as favourite but that is life iam afraid. If you cant be angry as you knew he would do it then i suggest you read your own post again as you sound pretty peeved about it to me.

How do you know this??

When you head hunt you do more than a Ryanair flight to Kaunas, Romanov should have at least had CO accompany him or meet him in London in a 5 star. Either of them could you quashed the Boyle phonecall directly.

Whatever Boyle said stopped him boarding that flight, but we'll never really know.......however a trip on Vlad's private jet might have had him switch off his phone altogether ;)

I'm not fussed with him heading over to Kaunas, but it could've been done better.

I would presume that Campbell Ogilvie would have been the main man behind the scenes and identified MM as the best candidate.

Lets hope that the mad one doesn't now turn on him and make him the scape goat for MM chaging his mind. CO is one of the best hopes we have inside Tynecastle in getting the right man.

I would presume that Campbell Ogilvie would have been the main man behind the scenes and identified MM as the best candidate.

Lets hope that the mad one doesn't now turn on him and make him the scape goat for MM chaging his mind. CO is one of the best hopes we have inside Tynecastle in getting the right man.

Agree 100%

Only a Game
(1)Untwisted my bra strap? I think you've got the wrong guy there but i will dingy that as your a jambo. You say you have made it clear that you doubted him from the start yet still felt compelled to have a go at the guy for proving you right. If he did what you knew he would and believed it to all be nonsense i just dont understand your rant.

You can tart it up all you want but it is clear from your post that you have a problem with the man and anyone else who said he was coming, clearly feeling let down otherwise i just dont get the point in your post, or are you raging for all hearts fans who believed he was coming and now feel let down? If so save your stress as i am sure most will cope.

(2)Eh, okay then so why write this if its okay for a fan to do it " If any of the "in the know" posters come up with it will you pay much attention ? I know I wont." If your not bothered why seem like you are?

(3)When did he hang his hat out? i dont think his career was on the line. He is not the first and he will not be the last journalist to get it wrong. You state its not his fault the deal never went through but still blame him for suggesting it would. I just dont get that as something happened no one could have forseen and it may well have been premature on his part as it was the bookies who had him down as favourite but that is life iam afraid. If you cant be angry as you knew he would do it then i suggest you read your own post again as you sound pretty peeved about it to me.

If I'm angry with anyone, its Romanov for turning this club into a less attractive prospect than Motherwell. MOTHERWELL FOR CHRISTS SAKE ! on half the money or less.

People on here, and in the written or spoken press who pretend to know more than they do and present speculation or their own wish lists as fact, especially when they know fine its not fact, merely irritate me. Its pathetic attention seeking when its done on here and its a pathetic ploy to get more listeners/ sell more papers when its done by the media.

I can only imagine the massive upturn in hits that the Talk 107 website has had from this source alone in the last 5 days.

Cynical journalism and he's been caught with his pants down spinning a story further than it should have been.

Only a Game

Thats what you'd think really. But then you have to question why McGhee had to go over to Kaunus for 8 bleedin days if CO has marked him out as the best man for the job. Why not just trust CO and let him tie the deal up. If it had been done that way I'm far more confident that McGhee would be in the EEN tonight with a Hearts scarf above his head, but no, bawsy has to feed him beetroot soup for a feckin week first !!!

One phone call from CO to Romanov saying "Ive got the very man" ought to have been enough.

If Vlad was so desperate to get him why did he not fly over to meet him in Scotland.

McGee probably could not be bothered to fly to visit Vlad.

I wonder if we would have got him if we had taken the initiative to speak asap in Scotland.

If I was wanting him so badly i would have gone out of my way to get to him before he changed his mind.

Who knows

Clerry Jambo

Spot on and no-one can surely argue with that..............................can they:rolleyes:

If I'm angry with anyone, its Romanov for turning this club into a less attractive prospect than Motherwell. MOTHERWELL FOR CHRISTS SAKE ! on half the money or less.

People on here, and in the written or spoken press who pretend to know more than they do and present speculation or their own wish lists as fact, especially when they know fine its not fact, merely irritate me. Its pathetic attention seeking when its done on here and its a pathetic ploy to get more listeners/ sell more papers when its done by the media.

I can only imagine the massive upturn in hits that the Talk 107 website has had from this source alone in the last 5 days.

Cynical journalism and he's been caught with his pants down spinning a story further than it should have been.

Thats more like it, at least you are being honest about the fact that you're raging. Nothing wrong with that but we happen to disagree on the donkey situation.

I honestly dont think it was cynical and i am not niave either, but the man is hearts daft and i have to say if i was in his position i would have done the same as i would have been toiling to hold my water. I honestly believe that the deal was as good as done, something changed, what we dont know and may never find out what it was.

I myself am angry with vlad and i have more than a few issues with him, it is his fault in my opinion. He should have had his man just by selling the club name to him, but as the last few years under vlad have shown our club name is now assosiated with madness.

Lets just save the real anger for the day another gimp is rolled out infront of the press holding a hearts scarf above his head as vlad sits behind him holding a gun.

hmfc_steve
Craig, Billy, Jim - can you wait by the phone & put your future plans on hold in case Mark decides at the last minute he doesn't fancy it anymore........

ridiculous to think a real business works like that.... of course you have a back up plan, contingency... call it what you will in the event of unforseen circumstances ... and if you haven't.... well you're fecked

We've all had a rough few days and when you started going on about this, I just figured you were feeling the strain of it all. But your vitriol is getting way out of hand OAG and to be honest, it's beginning to look like none of your fury has anything whatsoever to do with the McGhee situation and everything to do with having a pop at a handful of select individuals. For want of a better phrase, you're just sounding increasingly spiteful and less rational as the day goes on.

I'm sorry...but I think you're bang out of order with this vendetta thing....

Only a Game
We've all had a rough few days and when you started going on about this, I just figured you were feeling the strain of it all. But your vitriol is getting way out of hand OAG and to be honest, it's beginning to look like none of your fury has anything whatsoever to do with the McGhee situation and everything to do with having a pop at a handful of select individuals. For want of a better phrase, you're just sounding increasingly spiteful and less rational as the day goes on.

I'm sorry...but I think you're bang out of order with this vendetta thing....

Not a vendetta. Just a little side issue that i feel better having got out of my system. Thanks for listening. I'll say no more on the subject.:confused:

The cruckie cookie
He's frustrated because he staked what was left of his minimal credibility on Mark Mcghee being appointed.

If Mark McGhee still had to go through an 8 day interview process, Donaldson called it WRONG. It was no where near a done deal, as has been proven. He merely wished that it was and led many down the path of believing him.

He has previous for jumping the gun and previous for bringing Hearts stories into the public domain that just dont have any substance.

He has done it big time this time and his credibilty now is along the same lines as everyone else on here who assured us that they KNEW it was a done deal

If he comes up with Billy Davies as a done deal next week, will anyone pay the slightest attention. If any of the "in the know" posters come up with it will you pay much attention ? I know I wont.

Absolutely spot on mate.

Donaldson overstepped his mark so the speak and as in a job where he is listened to by many on here, he should only kick in with stories that are complete, and not spun out of control.

Not a vendetta. Just a little side issue that i feel better having got out of my system. Thanks for listening. I'll say no more on the subject.:confused:

Fairy nuff. I just think it's a harsh and unnecessary call, especially on people who only shared info with good intentions.

Personally, I'd much rather that people shared the things they heard. It beats being completely in the dark...even when it might not all turn out to be 100% accurate. But you can see why some balk at the idea, the potential for post-drama aggro is probably very off putting.

I agree no-one could know McGhee would change his mind at the last minute, however, if we've waited 5 months in order to try and get our man with nothing signed and no guarantees, then it would be unbelievably stupid of us to wait that 5 months and NOT have any sort of back up plan, just in case he changed his mind.

Surely, HMFC cannot have been so stupid?

Did you not say that last night?

Archived