Well done all the posters who told us its a done deal!

Guest S.U.S.S.

Guest JamboRobbo
I have this on good authority...CL will be our manager.

Fact.

100%

:mj_zivili:

Just joking btw.

:cry_smile:

Jam Tarts 1874
How do you know he was going to sign. Why would he have been going for days if the agreement had been made.There was a chance he may have joined us if Romanov had met his conditions but was there ever any chance that he would?

Why don't you tell us? You seem to know exactly what the conditions of employment were! Why would he be going for days if there was no chance of a deal? :mad:

I'd like to extend the hand of friendship to all of those who opined that if the deal wasnt done by Monday it wouldnt be done at all.

Despite facing the headwinds of the done deal brigade you were proven not to be negative but in actual fact astute and simply realistic.;)

:P

Spellczech
Showed yourself up for what you are, attention seekers with no "inside knowledge" or real contacts as you like others to believe.

You might as well not bother coming on JKB if that is the way you think TBH...I don't mean that in a nasty way but you can NEVER believe anything you see on here 100% until it happens for real.

This place is all about rumours. Sometimes they pan out, sometimes they don't. I was told by Vlad's own PA that it was definitely going to happen and I don't construe the fact it didn't as a lie. Circumstances change, McGhee has a tendency to bend with the winds.

Spellczech
Remember negotiations with both Bobby Robson and Claudio Raneria were both were some wat down the line down before money was mentioned, when it was both scoffed at the offers made. I would suggest in most cases the package is discussed prior to interviews being done. No point in being interviewed if you aren't going to accept the financial package.

Look at the job adverts in the paper. 99% will advertise the financial package available first.

Ranieri scoffed at the money. Robson didn't - the offer just never materialised for him. See even people's memories of events can be dodgy...

shaun.lawson
Showed yourself up for what you are, attention seekers with no "inside knowledge" or real contacts as you like others to believe.

Pathetic thread from one of the most continually disingenuous posters on here. Funny how often you're the first to bitch about the attention seeking of others by making such a song and dance about it, isn't it?

The posters who asserted that McGhee was always our first choice, and close to becoming a reality, were perfectly correct in doing so. But life is complicated: and no-one could possibly predict MM would, at the very last minute, back away from flying to Lithuania to sort out terms. If you ask me, it's far more interesting to assess why this may have happened, and how much the club's prior reputation may have played a part, rather than just seek to score points as you've done. Again.

The Real Maroonblood
Pathetic thread from one of the most continually disingenuous posters on here. Funny how often you're the first to bitch about the attention seeking of others by making such a song and dance about it, isn't it?

The posters who asserted that McGhee was always our first choice, and close to becoming a reality, were perfectly correct in doing so. But life is complicated: and no-one could possibly predict MM would, at the very last minute, back away from flying to Lithuania to sort out terms. If you ask me, it's far more interesting to assess why this may have happened, and how much the club's prior reputation may have played a part, rather than just seek to score points as you've done. Again.

Spot on.

I think it was a done deal and had been for quite a while, however no-one cold forsee McGhee was going to change his mind as he was boarding the plane

rubbish.

Not really.

I never posted this but had been told by a mate in the media that every journo at Hampden for the cup final last Saturday also thought it was 'a done deal'.

well if the journo's thought it was a done deal it must be right............not.

siegementality
Ranieri scoffed at the money. Robson didn't - the offer just never materialised for him. See even people's memories of events can be dodgy...

I'd beg to differ, if my memory serves me right there was an offer made to Robson and he called it "derisory".Unfortunately I'm not that great at searching and can't find a link to it. Someone will help me out though.

To be fair mate, the people who said Mcghee was the target were right; and I think it would've been a 'done deal' had he boarded that plane.

But I'd still like to see a JBK league table between all those with inside info.

Buffalo Bill

how could it have been a done deal if he'd boarded the plane. mcghee would of wanted certain assurances from romanov and that was never going to be certain with his track record.

it's never a done deal until the contract is signed and any anyone who thinks different is living in a dream world.

You can see why some did the "done deal" christ there was some heavy weight names getting banded about saying it was as good as signed,my only concern was the usual suspects giving it the big"told you so you bunch off t055ers"you know the "real supporters" who are now saying "we didn't want him anyway".

heavy weights get it wrong. hearts always said (lawrence brodie) that when they approach a club or an individual then it will become public. seems too many people put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

how anyone could say it was a done deal begs belief.

maroonedinoz

The way I see it...Mcghee used us for his own purposes - as he undoubtedly has a right to do, as does anyone in negotiation terms.

He engineered a pay rise, and stayed closer to his ultimate goal - managing celtic.

had he came to hearts and Strachan threw the towel in (still likely) then he was stuffed.

Also, if there is any doubt about Vlad's arrogance then surely this has now been dispelled for everyone with his act of making a potential manager who was hailed in almost like 'saviour' terms having to travel to Lithuania to cement the contract for Heart of Midlothian FC..a football club based in Edinburgh Scotland.

Reeks to me of Vlad making him 'pay homage' and 'know his place' by making him travel outside of the country where the football team is based.

Managers, just like players tend to be persuaded to sign for clubs if they feel 'wanted'

If Vlad had travelled to Edinburgh - shown the respect that I believe was required, then I am sure that McGhee would have signed.

Another ****** up by Vlad as far sa I am concenred, although no doubt in his eastern europan mindset he will see himself as the 'victim.

When will our embarrassment end?

shaun.lawson

When will our embarrassment end?

When Romanov leaves.

Bootboy100
I'd beg to differ, if my memory serves me right there was an offer made to Robson and he called it "derisory".Unfortunately I'm not that great at searching and can't find a link to it. Someone will help me out though.

Sorry but that is not how I recall his reasons for not coming however I do remember his reason being that he had just set up home somewhere in England and didnt want to move again.

He praised Hearts for the proposition given to him but declined the offer.

Charlie-Brown

'Joining Hearts would be premature'

What does McGhee mean by this? Premature to what? another vacancy or job offer?

Rawrrrrrrr

The clubs announcement is pathetic

"will not be interviewed"

Why not just tell us the truth for once and treat the fans with the dignity and respect we deserve, he doesnt want to be interviewed, and it was not an interview - at 8 days

As for the posters, they have been shown up as the puppets as they are and like our owner just make themselves look even more pathetic with the oh we didnt want him anyway posts

Lets just admit, that vlad has ballsed up again, I am also interested as to why we asked for permission if we didnt need it?

We are either incompetent or guilty of tapping up

Which one is it?

Rawrrrrrrr

I took it to mean its better for his career to stay at well and challenge in europe and try and continue his work as opposed to doing a runner now

Why not just tell us the truth for once and treat the fans with the dignity and respect we deserve, he doesnt want to be interviewed, and it was not an interview - at 8 days

As for the posters, they have been shown up as the puppets as they are and like our owner just make themselves look even more pathetic with the oh we didnt want him anyway posts

Lets just admit, that vlad has ballsed up again, I am also interested as to why we asked for permission if we didnt need it?

Which one is it?

It seems like you are "shaking with rage". Hilarious.

I took it to mean the amount of time he had in the SPL and with Motherwell.

I don't know but I'm sure you're going to put a positive slant on it anyway.

Which one is it?

What's pathetic about it?

It's not really that hard to work out what he means, if you read what he said. I would hope not, anyway.

Rawrrrrrrr
It seems like you are "shaking with rage". Hilarious.

Tbh I just think our club is a joke along with a lot of the posters on this forum who claimed to have insider knowledge and have been well shown up

The club have little puppets on this site who are manipulated to boost PR by revealing there inside knowledge

As for you, tbh we all know the reason your happy it isnt McGhee

Rawrrrrrrr
It's not really that hard to work out what he means, if you read what he said. I would hope not, anyway.

NMH has clearly been tasked to make McGhee look bad to hide our incompetence:rolleyes:

Rawrrrrrrr
What's pathetic about it?

Its Pathetic because this forum have spent days creaming there pants, saying how we are a better club etc and now we have been bumped by McGhee they are trying to recreate history and backtrack

The fact is our club is a joke, we cannot do anything right, and we have been turned down for well

Lets not try and spin it any other way than the utter fiasco it is

Correct - he's vastly over rated and has a poor track record.

Its Pathetic because this forum have spent days creaming there pants, saying how we are a better club etc and now we have been bumped by McGhee they are trying to recreate history and backtrack

The fact is our club is a joke, we cannot do anything right, and we have been turned down for well

Lets not try and spin it any other way than the utter fiasco it is

I will be more explicit. What is pathetic about the club's announcement?

Rawrrrrrrr
I will be more explicit. What is pathetic about the club's announcement?

Its attempting to try and recreate what happened

1) What interview lasts 8 days?

2) He isn't being "interviewed" because he has decided he doesnt want to come

McGhee has decided he doesnt want the job after it seemed the club had decided on him, the article at best manipulates the facts and shows zero respect to the fans.

I am sick of CM trying to spin stuff, maybe he should be sacked and his wages spent in actually trying to fix things

1) What interview lasts 8 days?

What interview, full stop? They are stating there won't be one, not classifying what was planned

2) He isn't being "interviewed" because he has decided he doesnt want to come

McGhee has stated that on the Motherwell website. Hearts are stating their position. What is pathetic about that?

McGhee has decided he doesnt want the job after it seemed the club had decided on him, the article at best manipulates the facts and shows zero respect to the fans.

It doesn't manipulate any facts, simply states it as it is, as far as the potential recruitment of somebody else's manager.

Sorry but that is not how I recall his reasons for not coming however I do remember his reason being that he had just set up home somewhere in England and didnt want to move again.

He praised Hearts for the proposition given to him but declined the offer.

That's also my recollection of Bobby Robson's reasons for not coming to us. If I remember correctly, it was more his wife who didn't want to move.

Ranieri certainly wanted too much money for us. I heard that one of the nails in Anderton's coffin was that he set up a meeting between Ranieri & VR without finding out that Ranieri wanted 3x times what we were offering, which embarrassed VR at the meeting.

Rawrrrrrrr
What interview, full stop? They are stating there won't be one, not classifying what was planned

McGhee has stated that on the Motherwell website. Hearts are stating their position. What is pathetic about that?

It doesn't manipulate any facts, simply states it as it is, as far as the potential recruitment of somebody else's manager.

God is it any wonder the club take the **** when people like you Swallow it up

We approached a manager, very possibly illegally, invited him on an 8 day induction and were bumped at last minute for a smaller club

The web article to me and anyone else with a single ounce of sense is clearly trying to insinuate its there choice and that they dont care

Its completely undignified and shows no respect to the fans who have been waiting almost 6 months for some action

Maybe they should do there jobs and stop issuing empty statements

The Real Maroonblood
That's also my recollection of Bobby Robson's reasons for not coming to us. If I remember correctly, it was more his wife who didn't want to move.

Ranieri certainly wanted too much money for us. I heard that one of the nails in Anderton's coffin was that he set up a meeting between Ranieri & VR without finding out that Ranieri wanted 3x times what we were offering, which embarrassed VR at the meeting.

I'll drink to that.

He has been embarrassing Hearts supporters for a while.

We approached a manager, very possibly illegally, invited him on an 8 day induction and were bumped at last minute for a smaller club

The web article to me and anyone else with a single ounce of sense is clearly trying to insinuate its there choice and that they dont care

Its completely undignified and shows no respect to the fans who have been waiting almost 6 months for some action

"People like me"? "Swallow it up"? Swallow what up, exactly??

It's quite clear what has happened, probably even to those without a "single ounce of sense". Read into the statement what you like, just as others can.

The club website is presenting facts; it's up to others to conduct the analysis. Anyone interested will clearly associate the respective statements on Hearts and Motherwell's websites. As far as I am concerned, in terms of official statements, both have been perfectly dignified.

As for doing "there jobs", what "job" do you expect the club website to do in this situation? Say, "ah well, we didnae want him anyway" or "oh dear, our prefered candidate has turned us down, what an absolute embarrassment"? Do you want them to publish speculation on alternative candidates?

Personally, I cannot really fault anyone in this situation. Hearts wanted McGhee and waited until the end of the season to start the official ball rolling. McGhee decided, when push came to shove, that he wanted to stay where he is. Hearts have stated he will, as a result, not be interviewed. We still continue the recruitment process.

Denny Crane
"People like me"? "Swallow it up"? Swallow what up, exactly??

It's quite clear what has happened, probably even to those without a "single ounce of sense". Read into the statement what you like, just as others can.

The club website is presenting facts; it's up to others to conduct the analysis. Anyone interested will clearly associate the respective statements on Hearts and Motherwell's websites. As far as I am concerned, in terms of official statements, both have been perfectly dignified.

As for doing "there jobs", what "job" do you expect the club website to do in this situation? Say, "ah well, we didnae want him anyway" or "oh dear, our prefered candidate has turned us down, what an absolute embarrassment"? Do you want them to publish speculation on alternative candidates?

Personally, I cannot really fault anyone in this situation. Hearts wanted McGhee and waited until the end of the season to start the official ball rolling. McGhee decided, when push came to shove, that he wanted to stay where he is. Hearts have stated he will, as a result, not be interviewed. We still continue the recruitment process.

Peebo,

You have to remember Prancer hails from the Mitty tribe - Walter's side of the family I believe. He can't tell the difference between fact and anecdote and - as last night showed - compels him to tell lies. Whenever he's held to account his lack of maturity shines through as it's always a case of "a big boy did it and ran away". Reason and logic are anathema to him and you'd have more chance of getting a gnat to look at this situation objectively.

No doubt the medical books will have a term for his odd condition but be thankful that not everybody on JKB suffers from it!

For what it's worth - your last paragraph hit the nail on the head regarding this whole affair.

Undignified? How so? What would you prefer that they did? Scribble some lengthy and bitter press release which basically says, "McGhee's a mercenary cash whore, we're sorry we ever met the slippery toad. He's led us a right merry dance" ?

I suppose we'll all draw our own conclusions from what has happened, but the one thing I've been quite impressed with is the fact that they haven't lashed out. The stiff upper lip approach seems pretty dignified to me.

In saying that, if they did go for the jugular - a move which would only bring yet more venom in their direction from the media - I'd probably be quite proud that they had said their piece. Wouldn't be dignified at all though.

Guest S.U.S.S.

As usual, eloquent abuse from Shaun, If you don?t like the thread don?t post on it, not too difficult is it? If you don?t like my posts, put me on ignore, I doubt id miss your usual well written digs.

Song and dance about things? I posted a thread, surely your understand that?s how these forums work? I f posting a single thread about something is a song and dance this must be a music hall site.

At least others had the good grace to debate their point of view on the subject rather than simply personal abuse, perhaps you should try it.

As for the lap dog bandwagon jumper that posted after you I wont even bother responding to him/her.

shaun.lawson
As usual, eloquent abuse from Shaun, If you don?t like the thread don?t post on it, not too difficult is it? If you don?t like my posts, put me on ignore, I doubt id miss your usual well written digs.

Song and dance about things? I posted a thread, surely your understand that?s how these forums work? I f posting a single thread about something is a song and dance this must be a music hall site.

At least others had the good grace to debate their point of view on the subject rather than simply personal abuse, perhaps you should try it.

As for the lap dog bandwagon jumper that posted after you I wont even bother responding to him/her.

I don't put people on ignore: I think it's a silly, childish thing to do. But what is also childish, and again disingenuous, is to tell someone else not to post on a thread if they don't like it, only to do the same thing yourself all the time!

I reacted as I did because I've seen you do this before: personalise, accuse others of 'attention seeking' when they say something you don't like, and debate the poster, not the post. So I'm merely responding in kind. Moreover, I did debate the issues behind your point, and what motivated those who thought McGhee was a done deal, in my second paragraph! It was more than the thread deserved really - and why? Because you personalised it.

What else is a sarcastic "well done to all the posters who told us its a done deal", followed by slagging them off as attention seeking (when you couldn't possibly know what info they may or may not have had), other than immediately making things personal? So tough luck. If you can't accept the consequences of a thread you start, don't start it: it's as simple as that.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I don't put people on ignore: I think it's a silly, childish thing to do. But what is also childish, and again disingenuous, is to tell someone else not to post on a thread if they don't like it, only to do the same thing yourself all the time!

I reacted as I did because I've seen you do this before: personalise, accuse others of 'attention seeking' when they say something you don't like, and debate the poster, not the post. So I'm merely responding in kind. Moreover, I did debate the issues behind your point, and what motivated those who thought McGhee was a done deal, in my second paragraph! It was more than the thread deserved really - and why? Because you personalised it.

What else is a sarcastic "well done to all the posters who told us its a done deal", followed by slagging them off as attention seeking (when you couldn't possibly know what info they may or may not have had), other than immediately making things personal? So tough luck. If you can't accept the consequences of a thread you start, don't start it: it's as simple as that.

Christ, i didnt think you could bore me more than you have in the past but you managed it.

Could you be any more up yourself?

Spellczech
Tbh I just think our club is a joke along with a lot of the posters on this forum who claimed to have insider knowledge and have been well shown up

The club have little puppets on this site who are manipulated to boost PR by revealing there inside knowledge

You are now adding paranoia to your manic depression?

Forth Road Bridge is north of the city if you need it...

shaun.lawson
Christ, i didnt think you could bore me more than you have in the past but you managed it.

Could you be any more up yourself?

Whereas your OP and subsequent responses are of course a sign of humility and in no way completely failing to practice what you preach...

Guest S.U.S.S.
Whereas your OP and subsequent responses are of course a sign of humility and in no way completely failing to practice what you preach...

You are losing your touch, you forgot to embolden key words so stupid people can get your meaning.

Feel free to continue to patronise the JKB masses, we love it.

shaun.lawson
You are losing your touch, you forgot to embolden key words so stupid people can get your meaning.

Feel free to continue to patronise the JKB masses, we love it.

Plenty of people do (well, maybe); you're just not one of them. You don't like me, and I'm not too crazy about you. Ho hum - I doubt either of us are losing any sleep at night over it...

Guest S.U.S.S.
Plenty of people do (well, maybe); you're just not one of them. You don't like me, and I'm not too crazy about you. Ho hum - I doubt either of us are losing any sleep at night over it...

Perhaps, it's not that i don?t like you Shaun (I don?t know you, only your online persona), it's the fact i feel you are sometimes overly verbose, using 100 words where 10 will do. I have no doubt you are a very intelligent man, I just sometimes feel you want to make sure we all know that.

shaun.lawson
Perhaps, it's not that i don?t like you Shaun (I don?t know you, only your online persona), it's the fact i feel you are sometimes overly verbose, using 100 words where 10 will do. I have no doubt you are a very intelligent man, I just sometimes feel you want to make sure we all know that.

Honestly, I don't: it's just how I write! To put it another way: I'm not doing a PhD because I'm particularly smart. It's just that it's what suits me best. Oddly, it's probably because I lack (oops, almost emboldened that: sorry!) confidence - that's what a website editor seemed to think a while back, anyway.

In any case, I appreciate your response above. Let's call a truce: I do have a trolling streak online at times (as I think many of us do), and I promise to be more diplomatic if you are too. Peace?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Honestly, I don't: it's just how I write! To put it another way: I'm not doing a PhD because I'm particularly smart. It's just that it's what suits me best. Oddly, it's probably because I lack (oops, almost emboldened that: sorry!) confidence - that's what a website editor seemed to think a while back, anyway.

In any case, I appreciate your response above. Let's call a truce: I do have a trolling streak online at times (as I think many of us do), and I promise to be more diplomatic if you are too. Peace?

Agreed!

We are both as bad as each other for trolling and button pushing i imagine.

Cheers

Jamboscanbevicius

I just googled 'Hearts' for news and this headline came up on the first page:

Hearts owner Romanov not giving up in quest for Motherwell boss McGhee - Scotsman

When I clicked on it, it just took me to a Scotsman story from a day ago about McGhee turning the job down. I definitely did not imagine it (in fact I saved the screen shot) because it now seems to have disappeared.

Am I going mad or did anyone read this article?

And is it old news or has Vlad really said he will go back in for MM?

Sorry to drag this on. I was surprised to see the headline and even more curious when I refreshed the page and it was gone...

shaun.lawson
Agreed!

We are both as bad as each other for trolling and button pushing i imagine.

Cheers

Same to you. Blimey! Peace in the Middle East'll be a doddle by comparison. :)

Archived