Well done all the posters who told us its a done deal!

Guest S.U.S.S.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Showed yourself up for what you are, attention seekers with no "inside knowledge" or real contacts as you like others to believe.

Dr. Bapswent
Showed yourself up for what you are, attention seekers with no "inside knowledge" or real contacts as you like others to believe.

I agree 'done deal' is a strong phrase.

But I dont see the benefit of these posts, they just seem like points scoring.

To be fair...he WAS on a plane about to go meet Vlad.

So they werent too far off. An 11th hour call to change things around is not the norm.

I suspect he was going to sign had that call not been made.

And that is the problem, people believe it and then say they were lied to when it does not happen.

It was posters here who said McGhee was a done deal, not HMFC.

Unlike this thread though! ;)

I think it was a done deal and had been for quite a while, however no-one cold forsee McGhee was going to change his mind as he was boarding the plane

Not really.

I never posted this but had been told by a mate in the media that every journo at Hampden for the cup final last Saturday also thought it was 'a done deal'.

Tom Heaney

Does It Matter?

Will It Change Anything?

Does It Make Y'All Feel Better Now That You Can Blame Someone Else?

Its all a bit like a wee kid running to the teacher..."Honest Miss It Wasn't Me Who Said It , It Was That Big Boy On Kickback"

Jamboelite

I do believe it probably was a done deal until a last minute attempt by Boyle has had McGhee change his mind.

Dont feel those that knew this was on for a while could possibly be blamed for that.

Guest S.U.S.S.

So they werent too far off. An 11th hour call to change things around is not the norm.

Not point scoring Dr B. Just wondering why we learn now it was obviously not a "done deal" when so many told us (insert comment on how your not telling who) told them its done etc.

Could it be they actually have no "contact" and they wanted to look like they did so jumped on the bandwagon?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Does It Matter?

Will It Change Anything?

Does It Make Y'All Feel Better Now That You Can Blame Someone Else?

Its all a bit like a wee kid running to the teacher..."Honest Miss It Wasn't Me Who Said It , It Was That Big Boy On Kickback"

Yes thanks for that, sterling job.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I do believe it probably was a done deal until a last minute attempt by Boyle has had McGhee change his mind.

Dont feel those that knew this was on for a while could possibly be blamed for that.

What i mean is, it was FAR from done if one phonecall ended the deal.

I believe they met and will have discussed it, but some told us it was done, it obviously wasnt. (Sadly or not, im not sure yet)

Buffalo Bill

To be fair mate, the people who said Mcghee was the target were right; and I think it would've been a 'done deal' had he boarded that plane.

But I'd still like to see a JBK league table between all those with inside info.

Buffalo Bill

You can see why some did the "done deal" christ there was some heavy weight names getting banded about saying it was as good as signed,my only concern was the usual suspects giving it the big"told you so you bunch off t055ers"you know the "real supporters" who are now saying "we didn't want him anyway".

Jambof3tornado

I disagree,as I dont think Boyle had anything to do with MM changing his mind,but I also do not think MM will be at Fir park next season either as someone else will have offered him more or better deal elsewhere.He has possibly used Hearts to gain himself some press coverage.

Bring on the next act please!!!:rolleyes:

I had a funny feeling that it would happen. "To good to be true"

I just hated it when I had people texting me saying... "McGhee has agreed terms" "McGhee is to be announced manager as hearts in the next 72 hours" etc etc!!

siegementality

Just for clarification

done (dn)

v.

Past participle of do1.

adj.

1. Having been carried out or accomplished; finished: a done deed.

deal 1 (dl)

v. dealt (dlt), deal?ing, deals

v.tr.

1. To give out as a share or portion; apportion.

2. To distribute among several recipients. See Synonyms at distribute.

3. To sell: deal prescriptions; deal cocaine.

4. To administer; deliver:

The MM situation was never a "done deal".

Guest S.U.S.S.
To be fair mate, the people who said Mcghee was the target were right; and I think it would've been a 'done deal' had he boarded that plane.

But I'd still like to see a JBK league table between all those with inside info.

Buffalo Bill

Now that could be fun.

Weekly updates

Speculation on whos contact is feeding them duff info etc.

Think ur onto a winner there!

Drylaw Hearts

Harsh.

All the txt's pm's and after match gossip I got was as accurate as you'll get.

When someone from within is telling you it's a 'done deal' you have to assume they know what they're talking about.

I think it was all agreed a while ago with only the Contract needing signed.

Hearts had to wait until the Season ended (which was always going to be a risky decision) and I bet that not for 1 minute did anyone at Hearts see this coming.

Tom Heaney
Yes thanks for that, sterling job.

No problem just as long as you feel better blaming someone else.

Reality is its McGhee thats to blame, he was being offered a job, he decided at the last minute he did not want to follow up on initial discussions

Lets not forget that Hearts/VR and whoever had obviously done their job and said the correct things, made the right assurances to the point that McGhee was about to board a plane to finalize the deal.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I disagree,as I dont think Boyle had anything to do with MM changing his mind,but I also do not think MM will be at Fir park next season either as someone else will have offered him more or better deal elsewhere.He has possibly used Hearts to gain himself some press coverage.

I agree, i dont think he had any intention of coming, speaking to us, he knew Boyle would have to increase his money. More cash, more stable environment, another season to go till the Celtic job (perhaps). Pay rise for nowt.

Looked like it was a done deal, he bottled it......though I suspect he senses WGS is soon to be away and is hoping for that job.

Time to kill the McGhee threads, ferk him, he can rot in Motherwell as they're only where they are as we as so pish.

Dr. Bapswent
Not point scoring Dr B. Just wondering why we learn now it was obviously not a "done deal" when so many told us (insert comment on how your not telling who) told them its done etc.

Could it be they actually have no "contact" and they wanted to look like they did so jumped on the bandwagon?

Most probably yes.

But also, some who did have some info, passed it on as. 'nearly a done dea' or soemthign like that.

Once it gets out, and chinese whispres take over...these things always get ramped up.

Also those passing the detaisl on will embelish it a touch.

The end result....which I warned my other half about when I first heard this story too, was that people will get carried away with it...and only when I see a manager himself say it publically, or see him at the club with a scarf above his head, should we relax over it.

I think people on here just got caught up in it all. Others were more hesitant, and it now seems they were more correct.

But at the end of the day, ALL the fans are hacked off.

Sorry for quoting you here bud, not picking on you, just pointing out that what i think he means is that the deal was not done, so how could it of been a done deal? Being close to a done deal is not a done deal!

Guest S.U.S.S.
No problem just as long as you feel better blaming someone else.

Reality is its McGhee thats to blame, he was being offered a job, he decided at the last minute he did not want to follow up on initial discussions

Lets not forget that Hearts/VR and whoever had obviously done their job and said the correct things, made the right assurances to the point that McGhee was about to board a plane to finalize the deal.

Im not blaming them for him not taking the job, but they came on all billy big time "ive been told" & "100% Certain" they were talking crap, their mate in the boozer told them and many posted it as inside info and gospel. Thats who im having a pop at.

Tom Heaney

But Leesie, That seems to have been true. He was to be announced as the next Hearts manager. McGhee, not Hearts changed their minds

200milesfromgorgie

Buffalo Bill

best get it in the suggestion box then. Whilst you're there put a note in from me that the canteen food is rank and catering suppliers should be changed.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Most probably yes.

But also, some who did have some info, passed it on as. 'nearly a done dea' or soemthign like that.

Once it gets out, and chinese whispres take over...these things always get ramped up.

Also those passing the detaisl on will embelish it a touch.

The end result....which I warned my other half about when I first heard this story too, was that people will get carried away with it...and only when I see a manager himself say it publically, or see him at the club with a scarf above his head, should we relax over it.

I think people on here just got caught up in it all. Others were more hesitant, and it now seems they were more correct.

But at the end of the day, ALL the fans are hacked off.

Time to close KB, i agree with you totally.

Many did say "ive heard we are talking" etc and i believe them totally they heard something from someone. They are not the problem its the "inside info mob" that claim to know when like you say they probably read it on KB first then decided to show how they are in the know by posting "facts".

Like you say, no scarf above the head, no done deal.

Guest S.U.S.S.
But Leesie, That seems to have been true. He was to be announced as the next Hearts manager. McGhee, not Hearts changed their minds

How can he be announced as manager when he obviously had not signed?

Tom Heaney
Im not blaming them for him not taking the job, but they came on all billy big time "ive been told" & "100% Certain" they were talking crap, their mate in the boozer told them and many posted it as inside info and gospel. Thats who im having a pop at.

I totally take your point but I think you are being a tad harsh, I know at least 2 people on "that thread" who were giving us updates and most definitley one of them was getting information from a great source who was not a friend in the boozer. Its as frustrating as hell, I agree but I hope we move on from this and get someone in place ASAP (I know we all do)

At the end of the day McGhee was obviously not for us, hindsight is a great thing but he has jumped ship before, he was about to do it again and he would have done it to us if and when the Celtic job came up. So lets all have a pop at McGhee at the first opportunity next season !!:P

Guest S.U.S.S.
I had a funny feeling that it would happen. "To good to be true"

I just hated it when I had people texting me saying... "McGhee has agreed terms" "McGhee is to be announced manager as hearts in the next 72 hours" etc etc!!

Ha, received a fair few myself.

Have to admit was starting to believe it all.

Dr. Bapswent

Agreeing terms and actually signing are 2 vastly different things, as we have just seen.

Tom Heaney
How can he be announced as manager when he obviously had not signed?

You know what I meant:rolleyes: I'm sure in Hearts minds they were gonna be announcing it today or tomorrow

Cest Le' Vie

Bootboy100

The problem here I think was everyone underestimated Motherwell and John Boyle.

It was seen as a forgone conclusion that McGhee would join Hearts witht he only fight from Motherwell being over compensation.

No one really saw that coming if we are being honest.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I totally take your point but I think you are being a tad harsh, I know at least 2 people on "that thread" who were giving us updates and most definitley one of them was getting information from a great source who was not a friend in the boozer. Its as frustrating as hell, I agree but I hope we move on from this and get someone in place ASAP (I know we all do)

At the end of the day McGhee was obviously not for us, hindsight is a great thing but he has jumped ship before, he was about to do it again and he would have done it to us if and when the Celtic job came up. So lets all have a pop at McGhee at the first opportunity next season !!:P

You are right Tom, im not labeling all those who posted info as attention seekers, im sure some were getting genuine info. The sad thing is, we will never really know who had info and who lied about having it.

To be completely honest, I just want a British Manager

Someone to come in and hopefully turn the team around.

Heart of Midlothian Football Club need a lift, and quick, or the fans are going to turn against them, and people aren't going to re-new their season ticket.

I have been a Hearts supporter since I could talk, and have always been proud to say I am A Jambo

I do believe that we will get a manager before the 2008/2009 Season, but who still remains the question. Mark McGhee is deffinately out the picture, and people who are still believeing that he going to come to hearts, are just stupid. As I said in my last post "Its to good to be true"

The Mighty Thor
Agreeing terms and actually signing are 2 vastly different things, as we have just seen.

In the small insular world which is Hearts the golden rule is to believe things when you actually see them with your own two eyes.

McGhee - not until he's at Tynie with the scarf over his napper

new stand - not until i'm plonking my arse in one of it's seats.

The current custodian of the club is a bull****ter of olympic standard and anyone thinking otherwise after the last 3 years is an idiot.

Jamboelite
Sorry for quoting you here bud, not picking on you, just pointing out that what i think he means is that the deal was not done, so how could it of been a done deal? Being close to a done deal is not a done deal!

I know what you mean i think what i was getting at is that from the info people had with whoever their contacts were it was assumed by all at HMFC that all he needed to do was sign and he agreed to do that.

Im not sure we can blame people when they have come out and said its a done deal on this one as it looks to me as though McGhee has agreed and then last second changed his mind.

Im not sure anyone could have seen that coming.

It hurts but we move on.

The problem here I think was everyone underestimated Motherwell and John Boyle.

It was seen as a forgone conclusion that McGhee would join Hearts witht he only fight from Motherwell being over compensation.

No one really saw that coming if we are being honest.

Maybe it was John Boyle's honesty and in actually contacting him and giving him the assurances he want's.

siegementality

FFS! Can some people not read and take in just a little information. The "done deal" was a lot of sheeite. There appears to have been rumouring, whispers, maybe even some tentative agreement somewhere along the line.

The official Hearts website says

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1319527,00.html

take in the most important words, yes that's them "will not be interviewed". No done deal, no finalising of deals, the man was going over for an interview, one which he decided against. There is absolutely feck all "done" about that.

Now if these posters had said "He's number 1 choice", ""Will be getting interviewed", etc, etc, then that was all well and good, but to call it a done deal before he's been interviewed, geezo!

The People's Chimp

Of course, this is an entirely attention seeking free thread from a non attention seeking OP.

Sure.

And of course the sudden change on the mcghee front has nothing to do with the last minute intervention of happy camper john boyle. :-S

walton1983

How do you know he was going to sign. Why would he have been going for days if the agreement had been made.There was a chance he may have joined us if Romanov had met his conditions but was there ever any chance that he would?

troonjambo

mate i think you will find it was a done deal as far as hearts were concerned and mcgee has backed out/bottled it

**** him i was not keen on a avowed celtic supporter at the helm anyway

troonjambo
And that is the problem, people believe it and then say they were lied to when it does not happen.

It was posters here who said McGhee was a done deal, not HMFC.

i think you will find that hmfc have been leeking this all over gorgie for weeks

Jambotommy

I have this on good authority...CL will be our manager.

Fact.

100%

Just joking btw.

kissthebadge

The official Hearts website says

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1319527,00.html

take in the most important words, yes that's them "will not be interviewed". No done deal, no finalising of deals, the man was going over for an interview, one which he decided against. There is absolutely feck all "done" about that.

Now if these posters had said "He's number 1 choice", ""Will be getting interviewed", etc, etc, then that was all well and good, but to call it a done deal before he's been interviewed, geezo!

But yet McGhee openly talks about the money Hearts were offering. I doubt he'd be doing this if he had yet to be 'interviewed'. Remuneration is usually discussed further down the line and not, as you are suggesting at the initial ‘request for permission to talk to your manager' stage.

Hilary Briss
i dont think he had any intention of coming

Erm, surely the fact that his luggage was on the plane for a week long trip to Lithuania meant he was considering.

Hearts certainly thought they had their man, so any posters passing info they have heard through employee's of the club were not far from the mark eh :rolleyes:

siegementality
But yet McGhee openly talks about the money Hearts were offering. I doubt he'd be doing this if he had yet to be 'interviewed'. Remuneration is usually discussed further down the line and not, as you are suggesting at the initial ‘request for permission to talk to your manager' stage.

Remember negotiations with both Bobby Robson and Claudio Raneria were both were some wat down the line down before money was mentioned, when it was both scoffed at the offers made. I would suggest in most cases the package is discussed prior to interviews being done. No point in being interviewed if you aren't going to accept the financial package.

Look at the job adverts in the paper. 99% will advertise the financial package available first.

Hold that plane......... Lawwells on the phone!

Jam Tarts 1874
I agree, i dont think he had any intention of coming, speaking to us, he knew Boyle would have to increase his money. More cash, more stable environment, another season to go till the Celtic job (perhaps). Pay rise for nowt.

So McGhee just checked his bags in at the airport for a laugh?

Archived