SPFL to finally get sponsored.

Pennywise

"We are in talks with several companies, some of which are at different stages. Its not a bad position to be in and I would say that there is no way we wont have a sponsor announced fairly soon."

All thanks to the exciting play offs.

No doubt Doncaster will say this was his doing and take credit for it and keep his job for that little bit longer,  I did not realise he has basically had 4 years to find a sponsor, that is incompetence at its very best.  We should just turn down all tv deals and follow what the Germans did,  if the clubs can get an extra 2,000 through the gate on a Saturday with a 15:00 kick off it will surely offset the shocking tv deal we currently have, it would also give clubs more chance to get new supporters through the turnstiles as well as selling extra merchandise on the day.

I can guarentee that alot of those deals will a. Pull out if Rangers don't get promoted or b. give us a hell of alot less money if they don't.

Can't believe we haven't had one this season. What a clown.

Takeshi's Tynecastle

"We are in talks with several companies, some of which are at different stages. Its not a bad position to be in and I would say that there is no way we wont have a sponsor announced fairly soon."

That is the sort of vague and meaningless statement I would give at work when pressed about a looming project deadline I haven't actually done any work on yet.

?I am confident that we will have someone in place,? he said. ?There is no reason why that should not happen"

So they don't have a sponsor then.

?I am confident that we will have someone in place,? he said. ?There is no reason why that should not happen"

So they don't have a sponsor then.

It all rests on Rangers getting promoted.

The Treasurer

No doubt Doncaster will say this was his doing and take credit for it and keep his job for that little bit longer,  I did not realise he has basically had 4 years to find a sponsor, that is incompetence at its very best.  We should just turn down all tv deals and follow what the Germans did,  if the clubs can get an extra 2,000 through the gate on a Saturday with a 15:00 kick off it will surely offset the shocking tv deal we currently have, it would also give clubs more chance to get new supporters through the turnstiles as well as selling extra merchandise on the day.

I believe there are a few clubs (sellik in particular) that would be happy to ditch any deal for live TV given the poor deal it gives them in return for ridiculous kick off times which affect gates.

It all rested on Hearts getting promoted.

FTFY :)

Who needs new clubs like rangers when there's an establishment team heading back into the top flight? (tongue firmly in cheek) :thumbsup:

They will all be patting themselves on their backs for a job well done( probably get a pay rise too)when the truth is it's a disgrace it has taken this long.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

A Chief Executive who devalues the product very publicly, before attempting to negotiate a TV deal, who then awards himself a massive pay rise, while all the time failing to find a sponsor.

:rofl:

Jambof3tornado

A Chief Executive who devalues the product very publicly, before attempting to negotiate a TV deal, who then awards himself a massive pay rise, while all the time failing to find a sponsor.

This is where we are at.....still.

Stewart MacD

Any guesses as to the eventual sponsor? Given the incompetence of the Dungcaster mob, it will probably be Woodbine,  Buckfast or UKIO Bank..

Not clear if this sponsorship deal is just for the top tier Premiership or for all 4 divisions of the SPFL. I guess is that it will be only for the Premiership UNLESS Sevco reain in the Championship for another season.  

Our MSM still get confused that the SPFL is not the SPL.  There is only one league organisation after the amalgamation of the SPL and the SFL in 2012, that is the SPFL. The Scottish Premiership is not the same as the SPFL.

For example I continually hear our radio pundits talk about Hearts winning promotion to the SPFL when what they actually mean is promotion to the Premiership.  

"Whether Rangers come through the play-offs wont affect negotiations as we are selling a 42-club solution. The new sponsor will cover the entire SPFL."

Jambof3tornado

I'll believe it when I see it! More jam tomorrow from the powers that be.

Yup this.

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Any guesses as to the eventual sponsor? Given the incompetence of the Dungcaster mob, it will probably be Woodbine,  Buckfast or UKIO Bank..

To my knowledge, one of the front runners is a household name insurance company.(Mrs Collywolly works for them)

Maiden Gorgie

To my knowledge, one of the front runners is a household name insurance company.(Mrs Collywolly works for them)

Hibscox?

I liked the bit about it being difficult to get a sponsor over the last few years due to the "uncertainty"

That would be the uncertainty created by him and the like decrying the Scottish game because rangers were not in the top league.

He is an absolute cretin who cares not one jot for Scottish football.

its a disgrace he still has a job

Generic Username

He's an utter buffoon and not even a "top" sponsor should stop him being booted up the arse and out the door.

Carl Spackler

Hopefully it's a University. Not a cash deal but a Long term investment for the league's benefit. That is to take that useless tit for 3 or four years and teach him about marketing.

All thanks to the exciting play offs.

That is the sort of vague and meaningless statement I would give at work when pressed about a looming project deadline I haven't actually done any work on yet.

Could not agree with you more Takeshi's. When I was at work this sounded like one of my manager's explanations when they had not actually completed something on time.

I knew that they had not done it, and they knew I knew, however it did give them a bit of breathing space to get the job done.

What that statement should say is something like "we have sent out lots of begging letters and we are hoping like hell that someone will answer it. On the law of averages even an organisation as incompetent as us might just get lucky"

Doncaster and his team should hang their heads in shame, but I fear they will not and will continue to collect their over inflated salaries until the clubs waken up and realise the damage this man is doing to our reputation.

Jambof3tornado

Nothing in that statement makes be convinced that our leagues will have a sponsor and the comment about almost getting a sponsor last year is just pointless fluff n bluster.

jamboinglasgow

Nothing in that statement makes be convinced that our leagues will have a sponsor and the comment about almost getting a sponsor last year is just pointless fluff n bluster.

Yup, we will end up without a sponsor again and the same excuse will happen "everything was set to go but a last minute snag meant an agreement could not be reached. We are confident we will rectify this over the next year." Then they will throw in something that will undermine the league about how they feel it is easier to get a sponsor if Rangers were in the top league. And Doncaster will give himself another bonus. 

Jambof3tornado

Yup, we will end up without a sponsor again and the same excuse will happen "everything was set to go but a last minute snag meant an agreement could not be reached. We are confident we will rectify this over the next year." Then they will throw in something that will undermine the league about how they feel it is easier to get a sponsor if Rangers were in the top league. And Doncaster will give himself another bonus.

Had the statement added "if we havent a suitable sponsor soon I shall fall on my sword having failed the scottish fans", I'd have thought more of it. As it is its a promise of nothing.

Cast No Shadow

"Ongoing uncertainty" = Sevco.

His position has been untenable for years now. Incredible he's still in such a high paid job.

Sepp's Bladder

Hadn't realised the last sponsorship was only 2 million a year! Surely it can't be that hard -regardless of how incompetent you are- to find something as equally shoddy as that!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

This is being talked of as if it's an amazing achievement. 

Shameful that the situation has come to this. Brands should be fighting over the chance to sponsor the national sport.

alicante jambo

No doubt Doncaster will say this was his doing and take credit for it and keep his job for that little bit longer, I did not realise he has basically had 4 years to find a sponsor, that is incompetence at its very best. We should just turn down all tv deals and follow what the Germans did, if the clubs can get an extra 2,000 through the gate on a Saturday with a 15:00 kick off it will surely offset the shocking tv deal we currently have, it would also give clubs more chance to get new supporters through the turnstiles as well as selling extra merchandise on the day.

What a brilliant post mate 10/10

The Comedian

No doubt he'll be heralding the inevitable 'bumper' 500K deal spread over 15 years as a major coup.

The man is a complete banger.

Jambof3tornado

Hadn't realised the last sponsorship was only 2 million a year! Surely it can't be that hard -regardless of how incompetent you are- to find something as equally shoddy as that!

As I said on another thread if you gave Ann Budge a month she could get as good a deal as the 2m a year one.

Bert Le Clos

I'd say given the SPFL has been in existence for nearly a year and still doesn't have a sponsor, you'd be hard pushed to find a shiter position to be in.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'd say given the SPFL has been in existence for nearly a year and still doesn't have a sponsor, you'd be hard pushed to find a shiter position to be in.

You would think, huh. The guy is a complete incompetent and every day he continues in his post is to our detriment and shame.

No doubt Doncaster will say this was his doing and take credit for it and keep his job for that little bit longer, I did not realise he has basically had 4 years to find a sponsor, that is incompetence at its very best. We should just turn down all tv deals and follow what the Germans did, if the clubs can get an extra 2,000 through the gate on a Saturday with a 15:00 kick off it will surely offset the shocking tv deal we currently have, it would also give clubs more chance to get new supporters through the turnstiles as well as selling extra merchandise on the day.

Been saying the exact same. We are so obsessed and reliant on a non existent TV deal. It pays peanuts and we do what ever they ask - switch kick off times, dates etc.

German football cut out TV, increased fans attending then the product became more desirable for TV to screen. It was then the football league held the aces.

We should follow that example.

1st stage is dumping Doncaster.

Doncaster has one of those faces you wouldn't get tired of punching. Looks like a simpleton!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said on another thread if you gave Ann Budge a month she could get as good a deal as the 2m a year one.

And I doubt if it would be a betting firm either.

gashauskis9

Yep, you couldn't make it up!

Jambof3tornado

Being reported that BetFred being lined up as the new league sponsor.

ac286662014400535921f8445db014e3.jpg

Does it hint what it's worth to the clubs??

Archived