What name would you give yourself?

The Future's Maroon

The Future's Maroon

Strange conversation I got into with a mate the other day made me think of this, and being slightly drunk I thought I would chuck it out to the world that is JKB...

So, what would you have called yourself?

Are you a Gary? David? Hector? Shona? etc etc

Please, and I know its going to happen anyway, so I will plead with you not to be an idiot over it, what would your serious choice of name be?

You can give your 'real' first name and what you would have preferred if you like, not compulsory of course!

I have a first name which can be changed to a few others, I won't be giving it out though and I never go by my 'Sunday' name (yes I know, especially with me starting the thread)....I would have like to be a "Scott" though.

Not that I am ashamed of my first name, I am named after my Grandad and I respect that.....but still always thought "Scott" would have suited me better.

So.......lets be having it JKB'er's

Jambos_1874

I also like the name Scott and if/when I happen to have a son that's what I'd probably call them. I do like Andrew and Sean as well. Rudi's also a good one!!

The Future's Maroon

Lewis, all day long, great name.

Dunno why, but everytime I see your posts I see it as Lewish??! lol

My name is Robert, I'm pretty happy with it tbh. Can't imagine being called anything different.

I'd choose George, but my actual name is pretty decent too. I've gotten used to my actual name so I'll probably stick with it.

My dad is called James (Jim) as is his father and his grandfather but when I was born he called me something else as he didn't like the tradition thing.

Fast forward 15 years to the day and my dad had another son to his second wife and guess what? The swine took great delight in naming him James. :(

Last week I was at a naming ceremony for my brother James's first child, yes he has been named James too.

I'm not bitter.

Dunno why, but everytime I see your posts I see it as Lewish??! lol

it's definitely Lewis mate haha, I'm not a Motherwell fan, thank ****.

I can't stand my first name but I like my middle name and use that. (Consequently I'm a great believer in giving kids a couple of middle names - keeps their options open....).

Strange question but thinking about it, Alexander.

Plenty of great people through history have it, it can be shortened to Alex, Eck, Sandy, Zander so it's versatile.

I don't think I want another name but if I had to pick another one, I'd probably go with that.

Bert Le Clos

I also like the name Scott and if/when I happen to have a son that's what I'd probably call them. I do like Andrew and Sean as well. Rudi's also a good one!!

:asiancat:

I quite like Ruaridh and also, a bit randomly, Jake.

Hardly anyone evers calls me by my proper name, I've been referred to as Jack for years now, since I was working in the sample room in 95. I think that is what I would choose. It is quite confusing when family members call me by Sunday name

Auld Reekin'

Plenty of great people through history have it, it can be shortened to Alex, Eck, Sandy, Zander so it's versatile.

I don't think I want another name but if I had to pick another one, I'd probably go with that.

Including three Scottish kings... good choice!

If you choose to be called Zander then I worry about your mental state.

David.

I wouldn't change my name either.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

If you choose to be called Zander then I worry about your mental state.

I wouldn't choose the Zander option, it was just to highlight the flexibility.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I like names containing the letter A, so I would go for Andrew, Alasdair , Martin or even Wallace however the last one could lead to being called Wally. Mind you I have been called that come to think of it :tiny:

Fort Vallance

I've got a **** name so anything is going to be an improvement. Brad would be good but people might get us mixed up (not with McKay). I'll go for Rudi.

Archived