Abramovich meddling / Romanov

Imeantasong

Imeantasong

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Abramovich-meddling-has-echoes-of.4121186.jp

Some interesting stuff here regarding Chelsea's owner and his 30% input into team affairs.

Only been watching the game 5 years and he wants more input at it's the football aspect that's his passion.

Mentions the English media saying it could only happen in a mickey mouse league when it was thought to be just Romanov.

It's mine too, but I couldn't run a professional team.

I think it's only fair that these guys get an input. It is their money afterall. Clearly, though, overwhelming influence from above is not good for anyone.

Imeantasong
I think it's only fair that these guys get an input. It is their money afterall. Clearly, though, overwhelming influence from above is not good for anyone.

"Abramovich said he wanted more involvement in the football side of the business – that is and was his true love. He said he contributed 30 per-cent to on-the-pitch activity."

"It's been only five years since he watched his first football match, and yet he imagines himself able to preach to those raised in the game".

OK, but 30% and rising??

From someone who hadn't watched a game seriously 5 years ago?

Still, we take the money. And in Chelsea's case, they've won a few things.

"Abramovich said he wanted more involvement in the football side of the business ? that is and was his true love. He said he contributed 30 per-cent to on-the-pitch activity."

"It's been only five years since he watched his first football match, and yet he imagines himself able to preach to those raised in the game".

OK, but 30% and rising??

From someone who hadn't watched a game seriously 5 years ago?

Still, we take the money. And in Chelsea's case, they've won a few things.

Exactly. Are the fans gonna complain that during his involvement, they managed to salvage a title challenge right until the end of the season even when it looked dead and got to the final of the Champions League? Probably.

At present count, RA has put 578 million into Chelsea. So if VR can come up with an extra squillion or two, I'd definitely be up for giving him a say occasionally.

Imeantasong

Thing is, they probably still have a real waiting list, so their fans would be in a bit of bother if things start to slide.

Maybe it's just a bit easier for anyone to coach their side as they don't do cheap imports.

Still, the difference between winning and losing isn't just the players at your disposal.

Imeantasong
At present count, RA has put 578 million into Chelsea. So if VR can come up with an extra squillion or two, I'd definitely be up for giving him a say occasionally.

Aye true :).

In todays football world it is no longer there for the ordinary fan, it is now more business led, and these guyus all want a return on their investments which I suppose is only fair. We as fans are now just pawns in the world of business with big business men using us as their bait to hook a bigger prize for themselves, Obramavich firstly looked at Spurs and only saw Chelsea as he flew over Chelsea village and saw that there was huge potential there and he then went for it and the rest is now history, something similar to our own Mr Romanov as he first looked at a few other teams in Scotland Dundee Utd and I think Dundee but then changed his mind to Hearts where he saw that he could get a bigger slice of the cake as he saw that we could land him bigger and better gates thus making him more money for himself and giving himself a higher profile in hte business world . These guys don't give a crap about us the fans and are only out to line their own selfish pockets while us the fans are left wondering in which direction the club will take.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

letsmakesomenoise
In todays football world it is no longer there for the ordinary fan, it is now more business led, and these guyus all want a return on their investments which I suppose is only fair. We as fans are now just pawns in the world of business with big business men using us as their bait to hook a bigger prize for themselves, Obramavich firstly looked at Spurs and only saw Chelsea as he flew over Chelsea village and saw that there was huge potential there and he then went for it and the rest is now history, something similar to our own Mr Romanov as he first looked at a few other teams in Scotland Dundee Utd and I think Dundee but then changed his mind to Hearts where he saw that he could get a bigger slice of the cake as he saw that we could land him bigger and better gates thus making him more money for himself and giving himself a higher profile in hte business world . These guys don't give a crap about us the fans and are only out to line their own selfish pockets while us the fans are left wondering in which direction the club will take.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How exactly is the Mad One lining his pockets? The club (which he owns) is further in debt than it was when he bought it. His asset is worth less than when he bought it. There may be many things he's doing with our great club, but making a mint aint one of them!

jack D and coke

Chelsea nearly won a double of the 2 biggest prizes in football. We finished 8th in the SPL and lost to pub teams. Abramovich clearly knows much more than the clown that is getting involved in our team affairs.

Abramovich doesn't fly in plane loads of russians and insist that they get a game or preferential treatment. He hasn't emptied all their best players and filled the team with his sub-standard countrymen. Vlad has and Vlad does. RA buys quality and insists they play there's a massive difference. Don't think Abramovich has made his bell-end of a son chairman either. (Not saying his son is a bell-end but you catch my meaning) Haven't heard about Chelsea having weird consultants that touch you with sticks or weido's wearing pyjama's or any of their players having to put their fingers in machines to ascertain whether their fit or not to play.

Romanov and his son are complete a*seholes that have lied to us from day one about their intentions. Abramovich just wants whats best for Chelsea. There is absolutely no comparison in my book.

Seymour M Hersh
Chelsea nearly won a double of the 2 biggest prizes in football. We finished 8th in the SPL and lost to pub teams. Abramovich clearly knows much more than the clown that is getting involved in our team affairs.

Abramovich doesn't fly in plane loads of russians and insist that they get a game or preferential treatment. He hasn't emptied all their best players and filled the team with his sub-standard countrymen. Vlad has and Vlad does. RA buys quality and insists they play there's a massive difference. Don't think Abramovich has made his bell-end of a son chairman either. (Not saying his son is a bell-end but you catch my meaning) Haven't heard about Chelsea having weird consultants that touch you with sticks or weido's wearing pyjama's or any of their players having to put their fingers in machines to ascertain whether their fit or not to play.

Romanov and his son are complete a*seholes that have lied to us from day one about their intentions. Abramovich just wants whats best for Chelsea. There is absolutely no comparison in my book.

You just don't like that Vlad's not alone in his meddling do you? I will give you the point that Rodney is an utter plonker however and should be nowhere near our club.

Archived