Poisoned chalice?

spoon

We have to admit that the job as the manager at Hearts has to be seen as a poisoned chalice. Given the current players and glorious leader we stand little chance of tempting someone of stature to the club. We need someone and we need someone now, but even a bucketful of cash isn't going to be enough for an established winner. Reputations take a long time to build and the chance of doing well at Hearts in the short term are pretty bleak.

We need to build again and give a raw recruit like Pressley a chance to spout his well chosen words for the club. He's got nothing to lose and we might get a laugh out of him along the way! Romanov isn't the type to change his ways and I'm sure that McGhee saw the light during his deliberations, as would almost any other established manager.

Commander Harris

I don't think it is a poisoned chalice at all, it's a win-win situation.

things go well, your stock rises massively. things go bad, it's not your fault anyway.

I think a lot will depend on what MM comes out with tomorrow. It will be interesting to hear his views on why he decided(if true) to stay.

Father Tiresias

things go well, your stock rises massively. things go bad, it's not your fault anyway.

Which is why I'm a little surprised we haven't landed McGhee!!

Jam Tarts 1874

A name who took a job that no-one else wanted and did it very well during the time he was there - the man who turned around Northern Ireland - Lawrie Sanchez. Still signing-on I think.

jack D and coke

Its a job no one wants imo. Without the guarantee's that is. How can they say you'll get 80% control of team affairs? WTF does that mean? You'll get the Rix's of this world wanting it but no one worth a sook will touch it imo.

Imagine having to deal with that little t*t Rodney? You'd want to put his head through the wall. They're weirdo's, him and his erse of a father.

Commander Harris
Its a job no one wants imo. Without the guarantee's that is. How can they say you'll get 80% control of team affairs? WTF does that mean? You'll get the Rix's of this world wanting it but no one worth a sook will touch it imo.

Imagine having to deal with that little t*t Rodney? You'd want to put his head through the wall. They're weirdo's, him and his erse of a father.

I'm not saying it's a job that lots of people would want, just saying that if someone did take the job it is far from a poisoned chalice.

Who would want to come to Hearts?

No authority to either train your players or chose your team.

We're a joke club.

Romanov OUT.

Fourcandles

Still too many don't yet get this yet, they think a guy with money just can't be - NOT THE CASE.

:o

A name who took a job that no-one else wanted and did it very well during the time he was there - the man who turned around Northern Ireland - Lawrie Sanchez. Still signing-on I think.

Good Shout, and if he could bring Healy in too, I still think its the weegia, glasgow fitba ass working on McGhee, hopefully Motherwell will return to normal and get relegated next season and he gets the heave

wee eckyfump

Tis a sad day when we canny entice someone away from motherwell this is very bad news indeed:mad:.

I think we will get another dumb ass molefeev type manager in cos its the easy option and I dont think we have a plan B:sad:

I defo fear the worst now.

Seymour M Hersh
Tis a sad day when we canny entice someone away from motherwell this is very bad news indeed:mad:.

I think we will get another dumb ass molefeev type manager in cos its the easy option and I dont think we have a plan B:sad:

I defo fear the worst now.

It's almost identical to JJ in 95 when Fulston made the last minute plea to him and he looked like he was staying at Falkirk. I'm not saying the same (happy for us) ending will occur but it's not a new thing and perhaps not entirely the fault of Romanov.

walton1983

It's quite simple really. A football manager wants to manage the football club. At Hearts that can't happen while Romanov is in charge. We have to live with that.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think a lot will depend on what MM comes out with tomorrow. It will be interesting to hear his views on why he decided(if true) to stay.

Agree with this. I can only suspect Vlads potential meddling had an effect, as there is no way Motherwell (in normal circumstances) are a bigger attraction to a manager than Hearts. Time will tell.

Charlie-Brown
Agree with this. I can only suspect Vlads potential meddling had an effect, as there is no way Motherwell (in normal circumstances) are a bigger attraction to a manager than Hearts. Time will tell.

McGhee is quoted as saying it was emotional ties to Motherwell that have persuaded him to stay at this time.

Archived