If we don't get McGhee...

shaun.lawson

Which of these two candidates would you prefer?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which of these two candidates would you prefer?

• Billy Davies
    • Jim Jefferies

shaun.lawson

... And I must say it's looking pretty ominous, Plans B, C or D (if they even exist) will presumably kick in. I simply can't see Craig Levein leaving United for us - so while it's obvious he'd be the fans' second choice, I see no point in including him in the poll.

So this is a simple question: who out of Billy Davies and Jim Jefferies would you favour? And more fundamentally, would you be ok with either, or feel gutted with the outcome?

I've a feeling that the McGhee saga isn't over yet Shaun but either of the two would be perfectly acceptable.

CF11JamTart

Went for JJ out of those two. On the grounds that I feel BD would leg-it at the first sniff of the Hun job. In the same way that MM would be angling after the beggardome.

jack D and coke

I'd take pretty anyone if this complete a*se would give him complete control over team matters.

Lets face it though it aint gonna happen.

Between those two though i would like to see Billy Davies get a shot.

Father Tiresias
... And I must say it's looking pretty ominous, Plans B, C or D (if they even exist) will presumably kick in. I simply can't see Craig Levein leaving United for us - so while it's obvious he'd be the fans' second choice, I see no point in including him in the poll.

So this is a simple question: who out of Billy Davies and Jim Jefferies would you favour? And more fundamentally, would you be ok with either, or feel gutted with the outcome?

I cannot see Levein coming to Hearts either. The owner was one of the reasons he left for Leicester City in the first place and I wouldn't think he'd be in too much of a rush to come back.

Jeffries is an easy option but not one that I would like to see. He's his own man too and without cast iron assurances from the owner, I doubt we'd see him return to Tynecastle.

Billy Davies of all the names connected with the job is the one I've always preferred and maybe he'd jump at the chance to get back into management despite certain restrictions imposed on him.

Another aborted effort at landing a British manager would in my opinion see an Eastern European appointed from the owner's pyramid!! :mad:

shaun.lawson
I've a feeling that the McGhee saga isn't over yet Shaun but either of the two would be perfectly acceptable.

I really hope you're right. Reading between the lines, it does seem as though McGhee must've been close to tendering his resignation from Motherwell, only to be pulled back. Shades of the JJ saga thirteen years ago, as others have pointed out: except that, of course, JJ was desperate for the job, and MM simply is not.

Out of the two in the poll, I narrowly favour JJ, and would be OK with either - but unless I'm wrong, and we were able to snare Levein, I'd be pretty deflated by it all. Indeed, I'm down in the dumps about today's events at the mo! :(

I wouldn't consider the Mark McGhee possibility dead in the water yet.

Of the two candidates mentioned, Billy Davies for the simple fact that I would not want Jim Jefferies back as manager.

Ivan Drago

I voted for BD but would be happy with either.

Said at the start i'd rather have BD than MM as well.

Pants Shaton

Craig Levein, Billy Davies, Jim Jefferies, Avram Grant, Berti Vogts, Graham Rix (in that order).

Jefferies would be better than what we currently have but would still be a step backwards - unless Steven Pressley could be incorporated.

Went for JJ out of those two. On the grounds that I feel BD would leg-it at the first sniff of the Hun job. In the same way that MM would be angling after the beggardome.

Not so sure about that... McCoist would appear to be getting 'groomed' as the next Rangers manager...

Regardless, I went for JJ

:)

To be honest, neither JJ or Billy Davies excite me.

If JJ is to be the man, then I'd like to see us appoint an ambitious young coach underneath him to take the reigns longer term, similar to Smith-McCoist at Castle Greyskull.

Tin hat ready, but step forward Mr Pressley.

shaun.lawson
To be honest, neither JJ or Billy Davies excite me.

If JJ is to be the man, then I'd like to see us appoint an ambitious young coach underneath him to take the reigns longer term, similar to Smith-McCoist at Castle Greyskull.

Tin hat ready, but step forward Mr Pressley.

An excellent suggestion - and one the club would do very well to implement, I'd say.

Corrie Jambo

I don't think it is dead yet but if it does fall through I would try to get Souness. He would get rid of the dross and would be able to attract good quality players and he knows how to win trophies, is edininburgh born. I would also try and get a winner on board like Stuart McCall as second in command who would not tolerate this non trying that we have had to endure for the last couple of years from the players.

Jamboscanbevicius

Has McGhee been quoted as saying that he will now not be considering any offers or is it just Motherwell who have said this?

I am gutted that we haven't got MM (if it is now dead). Not just because I think he would (have been) good, but because I can not think of a realistic and credible alternative that we can turn to that would hit the ground running like him!

its funny but despite my general feelings about vlad i agree with you re mcghee. i think there is still one act to be played out, although it looks unlikely we'll get him.

at best he'll have royally fecked vlad off

Can't see the Rangers job coming up any time soon. When Smith decides he's had enough super-Ally will take his place

Archived