The Torygraph in big trouble.

Sidsnot

Geoff Kilpatrick

Torygraph still haven't changed their story.

You would almost think it was planted there. :whistling:

AlphonseCapone

Who gives a shit about gossips on twitter?

Should look up the word gossip.

Rather childish story, but I'm failing to see the part about how they'll be in big trouble.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Rather childish story, but I'm failing to see the part about how they'll be in big trouble.

I think it is because Twitter said so.

This is exactly why the tories, their supporters & their mouthpiece media outlets are toxic in Scotland except to the people mentioned above.

Horrific political party hell bent on maintaing their rich pals lifestyles and getting the poorest 10% of the country to pay for it and scapegoating them so society thinks the shit we are in is all their fault. Scum!

Geoff Kilpatrick

This is exactly why the tories, their supporters & their mouthpiece media outlets are toxic in Scotland except to the people mentioned above.

Horrific political party hell bent on maintaing their rich pals lifestyles and getting the poorest 10% of the country to pay for it and scapegoating them so society thinks the shit we are in is all their fault. Scum!

Whoosh!

The smear story benefits Labour more than anyone!

TheMaganator

Raging he's going to lose his ?10 bet to the MAGANATOR type post IMO.

'Mon the Tories

So this leaked by a UK government civil servant based on what the French Consul had overheard Sturgeon saying to the French Ambassador? Is that right?

And the French Ambassador, Consul and Sturgeon have all denied this?

So why doesn't some locate the UK Gov Civil Servant and see what the have got to say now? Although I imagine they are a bit sheepish after leaking to Telegraph.

I also don't understand why the Telegraph didn't get a quote from Sturgeon before going to print.

ToadKiller Dog

Good first attempt to smear her fails and makes her detractors and the Labour screaming heads look rather stupid , means people are less likely to believe the next lot of made up attacks on her .

Laughable stuff

....I also don't understand why the Telegraph didn't get a quote from Sturgeon before going to print.

Because that would have confirmed to them the story was false, and stopped them from running it - as it stands, they'll probably reckon they have plausible deniability....

....and many will take the story they ran at face value, ignoring any possible future apology / clarification / retraction, hidden away in the Classified Adds....

Job done. :thumb:

Templeton Peck

I see Ian Murray jumped in with both feet. A lifetime of bullshite transfer links about his football club, and he still believes whats printed in the opposition mouthpiece before checking.

just watching French Consul General denying story on Sky News

questioner basically saying "why would British civil servant say something incorrect"

SNP could benefit from every outcome anyway so doesn't seem correct

Yeah its sort of like when Salmond continually referred to that Guardian totally denied unsourced quote on the currency union. Media seem to just invent or twist stuff and then everyone jumps on it. Doesn't matter if its true or not it seems if it serves the editors purpose.

If this is untrue it sucks big time, sadly now the SNP have made the big time they are going to have to start dealing with this sort of crappy smear politics.

Its sad its the way things are in UK print media. No wonder the industry is dying on its backside.

Okay,let's just say you are in a car accident which wasn't your fault whatsoever,the driver of the other car starts screaming at you,he's an elderly man,he then takes a heart attack and dies,a passer bye sees all the commotion,phones up the police/ambulance,next thing a reporter arrives and talks to the witness who tells him whatever he likes,next day you're front page news,blamed for the car crash and causing an elderly man to have a heart attack and die,you know it's a pack of lies,you even tell the police what happened,nobody believes you......your in big trouble.

Sidsnot if thats how things worked in the UK there would be no newspapers. They print absolutely bull every day.

Basically any time there is an unnamed source close to person X, you can be pretty sure its just been made up. Whether its a source close to Cameron, the Royal Family or the bloody Kardashians.

The papers do it all the time, this is just the first time the SNP have ever really had to deal with it. Its not right but nothing will come of it despite a #45 boycott of a paper none of of them read anyway.

Guest Trapper John

Sidsnot if thats how things worked in the UK there would be no newspapers. They print absolutely bull every day.

Basically any time there is an unnamed source close to person X, you can be pretty sure its just been made up. Whether its a source close to Cameron, the Royal Family or the bloody Kardashians.

The papers do it all the time, this is just the first time the SNP have ever really had to deal with it. Its not right but nothing will come of it despite a #45 boycott of a paper none of of them read anyway.

I remember in the not too distant past the SNP basing their currency 'strategy' solely on comments attributed to an similarly anonymous source within the UK Government. The Government vehemently denied this though the SNP inisted it was true.

Now La Sturgeon has been caught out and  it's suddenly a different matter? 

Why does a Tory leaning paper print a story that can only promote Labour's interests?

Is it unusual for  a diplomat to try to cover up/deny the leaking of a politically sensitive memoire?

I remember in the not too distant past the SNP basing their currency 'strategy' solely on comments attributed to an similarly anonymous source within the UK Government. The Government vehemently denied this though the SNP inisted it was true.

Now La Sturgeon has been caught out and  it's suddenly a different matter? 

Why does a Tory leaning paper print a story that can only promote Labour's interests?

Is it unusual for  a diplomat to try to cover up/deny the leaking of a politically sensitive memoire?

Mmm,yes I wonder why.

https://storify.com/theSNP/telegraph-and-the-scottish-labour

The usual balanced SNP view I see.

Given this thread was founded on a fictitious story you may want to rein in your righteous indignation just a tad.

Now La Sturgeon has been caught out and it's suddenly a different matter?

Is it unusual for a diplomat to try to cover up/deny the leaking of a politically sensitive memoire?

Its not a different story. Its just the first time the shoe has been on the other foot for the SNP.

I suspect it won't stop them relying on similarly nonsense stories about other parties in future but thats how politics works these days it seems.

Given this thread was founded on a fictitious story you may want to rein in your righteous indignation just a tad.

"righteous indignation" is a tremendous phrase! And one that perfectly sums up the responses from all sides on this thing.

WeeJimmyKrankieHelmetHeadNoLipsMutant in the news again, aye?

Is your space bar broken??

Sturgeon denies it.

The French CG denies it.

The Foreign Office says there is no memo.

So what does that leave you ?

Sturgeon denies it.

The French CG denies it.

The Foreign Office says there is no memo.

So what does that leave you ?

A classic smear attempt.

Okay,let's just say you are in a car accident which wasn't your fault whatsoever,the driver of the other car starts screaming at you,he's an elderly man,he then takes a heart attack and dies,a passer bye sees all the commotion,phones up the police/ambulance,next thing a reporter arrives and talks to the witness who tells him whatever he likes,next day you're front page news,blamed for the car crash and causing an elderly man to have a heart attack and die,you know it's a pack of lies,you even tell the police what happened,nobody believes you......your in big trouble.

You've completely lost me.

You've completely lost me.

Be kind to him. I gather he's been in some sort of car accident.

If it harms the SNP's chances, it's fine by me. Whether she said it or not, whether she really wants that or not. After the Yes surge, 45% of the Scottish public does not deserve to be taken seriously.

If it harms the SNP's chances, it's fine by me. Whether she said it or not, whether she really wants that or not. After the Yes surge, 45% of the Scottish public does not deserve to be taken seriously.

Sad.

Sheriff Fatman

Gotcha, lying is fine if it helps lead to the political outcome you want.

A perfect example of why the politics of this country is beyond redemption.

Sad.

Not sad. 45ers have a lust for bullshit, they believe anything the Dear Leader and the Not Leader say. Whether it's contradicted by what they said the last time, by whatever evidence or by common sense. If people want to base their politics on moonshine and slaverings, I believe in democracy enough to give them moonshine and slaverings.

We have a section of the electorate, 45ers, who are immune to evidence, who care not for arguments or data, who care not for balance, who listen to nothing and nobody except whatever confirms their prejudices. They don't take their role as participants in civil society seriously, so I don't take them seriously.

Not sad. 45ers have a lust for bullshit, they believe anything the Dear Leader and the Not Leader say. Whether it's contradicted by what they said the last time, by whatever evidence or by common sense. If people want to base their politics on moonshine and slaverings, I believe in democracy enough to give them moonshine and slaverings.

Also sad...and i'll throw in a pathetic.

Would the same outrage have been shown had such rumours been published against Cameron or Murphy or Davidson?

I doubt it.

Anyway, Newstatesman is reporting there is a memo but that it was a LibDem policy officer in the Scotland office who has published it.

Its also more a dig at Ed than Nic.

Indeed. Remember Salmond bullshitting about taking legal advice on the EU position on independence.

Sheriff Fatman

We have a section of the electorate, 45ers, who are immune to evidence, who care not for arguments or data, who care not for balance, who listen to nothing and nobody except whatever confirms their prejudices. They don't take their role as participants in civil society seriously, so I don't take them seriously.

Ah, so you don't like that other people have opinions so that means you can lie at will to sway arguments. That makes everything so much clearer. 

Sheriff Fatman

Indeed. Remember Salmond bullshitting about taking legal advice on the EU position on independence.

Nope, I do remember that different legal opinions from different people were not 100% the same, but carry on with your blinkered remembering of history.

Sheriff Fatman

Would the same outrage have been shown had such rumours been published against Cameron or Murphy or Davidson?

I doubt it.

Anyway, Newstatesman is reporting there is a memo but that it was a LibDem policy officer in the Scotland office who has published it.

Its also more a dig at Ed than Nic.

Lying is lying. Enough with the whitaboutery, it's bad enough when it comes to the old squirm, it's just pathetic when it comes to politics.

Ah, so you don't like that other people have opinions so that means you can lie at will to sway arguments. That makes everything so much clearer. 

No, it's people who want to destroy the country without stopping to wonder if any of it is true. Such people shouldn't be taken seriously.

Archived