other candidates

kingantti1874

The Old Tolbooth
That's a ridiculous thing to say, maybe he just couldn't be bothered with all the crap that comes with the manager's job at Tynie. Do we really believe that VR is going to give full control to the manager?? Do we?? If McGhee isn't coming then I think that there has been something said from VR regarding either signing players, loan players, playing players etc. Until VR states that he will have no input on signings (except about whether we have the money), or team selection etc, then I don't expect us to employ anyone other than a yes man, and that might just be Frail!!!

Yeah probably said in the heat of the moment to be honest, now the red mist has settled a bit I agree with pretty much everything you say.

I honestly don't think that McGhee was given the reassurances he was seeking to make the job his own.

Something doesn't sit properly about the whole thing, and my suspicions lie with our illustrious leader :sad:

Yeah probably said in the heat of the moment to be honest, now the red mist has settled a bit I agree with pretty much everything you say.

I honestly don't think that McGhee was given the reassurances he was seeking to make the job his own.

Something doesn't sit properly about the whole thing, and my suspicions lie with our illustrious leader :sad:

I agree, I don't think the reason he stayed was loyalty, but that there was going to be interference from elsewhere regarding team signings/selections etc. And unless this is stopped anyone other than a yes man would be crazy to accept the job.

I would go for Billy Reid

Did well at both Clyde and Hamilton with limited finances and got the best out of a large number of youth players

Maybe the sort of manager who could look beyond romanovs interference in transfers and get the best out of the youth players

Same could be said for Yogi Hughes.

Falkirk play good football and he's managed to bring in the likes of Stokes, Gow, Schmeichel (sp), Arfield and Barr on a tiny budget...

Same could be said for Yogi Hughes.

Falkirk play good football and he's managed to bring in the likes of Stokes, Gow, Schmeichel (sp), Arfield and Barr on a tiny budget...

After JJ and a backroom staff of Pressley, Fulton and Locke - Hughes would be my second choice.

jambobrett

The ever reliable Football Rumours says Temuri Ketsbaia. Not a bad shout to be honest but don't know if he could be lured over!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Still want us to go for Aidy Boothroyd since I think Watford will empty him.

More likely to be someone from Kaunas though.

jim jeffries

robbo

ian holloway

Paul lambert

Worryingly, can't think of any other realistic candidates

Mick Wadsworth

john brownlee

with 350k available and guaranteed, then watch the flood gates open

No spl and the majiority of elp managers are no were near or on that kind of salary and dont forget the amout of comp' that would have had to be paid to murderwell.

I can just visualise CO's office right now with the agents QU'ing up and the phone ringing like a sunday morning church.

Some times the second choice turns out to be the better choice.

joe jordan

aw comon it wasnt that bad last time round?

he would probably still be more effective than elliot up front too :)

Denny Crane
more worringly I can:

Berti Vogts, Frail, Malofeev, Pyramid guy.

You missed out Dr Zook, medicine man!

Thunderstruck

I will stand by my posts from several months ago when I expressed a preference for JJ.

Reasons:

• A Hearts man through and through. Do not under-estimate the value of this.
  • Tactically sound and knows how to get players working for each other.
  • Has done very well on a meagre budget at Killie and in the face of constant loss of good players.
  • Still has an eye for a good player - Boyd and Naismith being two recent examples.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I will stand by my posts from several months ago when I expressed a preference for JJ.

Reasons:

• A Hearts man through and through. Do not under-estimate the value of this.
  • Tactically sound and knows how to get players working for each other.
  • Has done very well on a meagre budget at Killie and in the face of constant loss of good players.
  • Still has an eye for a good player - Boyd and Naismith being two recent examples.

On points two and four, I completely disagree. Tactics have never been JJ's strong point. As for four, Boyd and Naismith came through the Killie youth system prior to him going there. What JJ IS good at is bringing young players through at the right time.

I think it has to be JJ.... in terms on Scottish managers I he is probably the only one that would come, and to be honest he is no worse than any other Scottish managers in the league.......... 3rd place and a Scottish Cup win would do me might now!

http://scotsport.podbean.com

Scala must of learn english by now...

Lothuer Mattheus?

Where are all these managers who supposedly wanted the Hearts job

Ah but, have you?

No Nonsense

I'd like to see jeffries come back if I had the choice but I would also take Holloway. His banter is terrific and we could all do with cheering up a bit round here, not a bad manager either; proven motivator and just never had enough time to keep Leicester up IMO

Thunderstruck
On points two and four, I completely disagree. Tactics have never been JJ's strong point. As for four, Boyd and Naismith came through the Killie youth system prior to him going there. What JJ IS good at is bringing young players through at the right time.

"Tactically sound" does not infer that he is Sir Alex Ferguson but he is a cut above most managers, given the cards he has been dealt.

I don't think it matters where the young players came from, he still recognised their worth and turned them into match winners.

John Collins?

God No!!! :eek: :eek:

Neil Warnock!!!!!!!

Yes... I would defo take Neil Warnock, but seems to be settled at Crystal Palace!

How about a team of (John) Paul Lambert, Steven ********* and Stevie Fhulton, with Mhurdo McLeod as Sporting Director?

walton1983

No spl and the majiority of elp managers are no were near or on that kind of salary and dont forget the amout of comp' that would have had to be paid to murderwell.

I can just visualise CO's office right now with the agents QU'ing up and the phone ringing like a sunday morning church.

Wonder if we will offer the same money to other candidates!!!

I P Knightley
Big Sam Allerdyce! We can have a trade-off. Vlad won?t interfere in team selection and Sam won?t do naughty deals on the side...Perfect

I'm sure that Vlad could come to an arrangement that encourages the naughty deals with the cash being laundered through Ukio. This could be a winner!!

Sales of chuggy in gorgie and at Riccarton would go through the roof.

There are still plenty of Scottish managers out there, be afraid of Bobby Williamson and be afraid of Jim Duffy.

Corrie Jambo

In order of preference of realistic targets: Graeme Souness, Neil Warnock, Ian Holloway, Steve Clarke, Sam Allardice, Yogi Hughes, Aidy Boothroyd, Lawrie Sanchez, Billy Davies, Billy Reid, and Jim Jeffries.

Drylaw Hearts

Bertie.

In order of preference of realistic targets: Graeme Souness, Neil Warnock, Ian Holloway, Steve Clarke, Sam Allardice, Yogi Hughes, Aidy Boothroyd, Lawrie Sanchez, Billy Davies, Billy Reid, and Jim Jeffries.

I am not sure that too many of your list are realistic candidates. Perhaps only Reid, Jefferies or Hughes.

Billy the Jambo

Anyone suggesting Ian Holloway must be mad .My girlfriends dog knows more about football than that idiot and as for Hughes or Reid forget it the pair of them are the sort of managers the likes of St Mirren would go after .I think we are wee bit better than that

There's a pull down list on here with available managers :

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/

If Romanov was ambitious enough there are definetely a couple of names on there that would get the fans back on side and show people he means business for the first time in over 30 months.

WorldChampions1902

We might have caught a cold from courting MM but this will surely lead to complications as we 'catch' TB - Terry Butcher.

You heard it here first ;)

Hilary Briss
We might have caught a cold from courting MM but this will surely lead to complications as we 'catch' TB - Terry Butcher.

He was high on a lot people's wishlists when 'well pumped us out of diddy cup at ER a few years ago.

Similar profile to mcGhee strangely enough. Both had poor recent mangerial records down south before going on and doing decent jobs at Motherwell.

Source?

Lawrie Sanchez

He was in Hong Kong a couple of days ago. I nodded at him as if he should know who I was. He did sort of nod back so must be ideal for the job. :)

It'll be an Eastern European now. After this saga the next British manager probably won't arrive until we're nearly relegated or VR has bolted.

Really hope I'm wrong, can't see it though.

Vlad will take the McGhee rejection as a slap in the face and will prove to be more stubborn than ever when hiring a new boss. No matter who it is, I'd also be very surprised if he's in place for pre-season training.

He was high on a lot people's wishlists when 'well pumped us out of diddy cup at ER a few years ago.

Similar profile to mcGhee strangely enough. Both had poor recent mangerial records down south before going on and doing decent jobs at Motherwell.

Mark McGhee looks like Jose Mourinho in comparison to Butchers jobs down south i am afraid.

dublin-Jambo

McAllister at Leeds anyone, did a good job and is working for an eccentric chairman currently.....

Not my choice but i wouldnt be surprised to see Peter Taylor show up in the running for the job.

Archived