Worryingly, can't think of any other realistic candidates

eddie fenwick
jim jeffries

robbo

ian holloway

Paul lambert

billy davis

None of us have a knowledge of European managers who would come.

TBH why not give Scala a shout. Seriously.

The better names will want total control or will not come.

JJ might put up with it for a while but not for long.

Who is in charge of Ripo these days.......? :P

eddie fenwick
That's who I wanted in the first place.

he would certainly do for me,a bit disapointed about mm but not exactly earth shattering news,as far as im concerned it will be his loss,if he wants to stay in a town with about six streets,96 pawn shops,347 dole centres and even more offys then thats fine by me

The Old Tolbooth
he would certainly do for me,a bit disapointed about mm but not exactly earth shattering news,as far as im concerned it will be his loss,if he wants to stay in a town with about six streets,96 pawn shops,347 dole centres and even more offys then thats fine by me

Right now it looks like MM has used us as a bargaining tool to get more money out of the wee troll at murderwell, if that's the case I'm glad he didn't come, however I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if Vlads fekked this up somehow.

Spellczech

Big Sam Allerdyce! We can have a trade-off. Vlad won?t interfere in team selection and Sam won?t do naughty deals on the side...Perfect

eddie fenwick
Right now it looks like MM has used us as a bargaining tool to get more money out of the wee troll at murderwell, if that's the case I'm glad he didn't come, however I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if Vlads fekked this up somehow.

tbh mate,that was my feeling as soon as i heard it tonight,i thought he was coming but it looks like he never had any intentions,as i say its in the long term its his loss as motherwell have went as far as they can go

Drew Busby !

Pre-season is round the corner.

No manager ? So who comes in to supervise the June/July period whilst (ahem) "the search goes on ?" The pyramid boys of course.

Exactly how Vlad likes it. :mad:

The Old Tolbooth
tbh mate,that was my feeling as soon as i heard it tonight,i thought he was coming but it looks like he never had any intentions,as i say its in the long term its his loss as motherwell have went as far as they can go

If he does end up staying at murderwell, he shows a total lack of ambition and deserves nothing from the game imo.

Spellczech
If he does end up staying at murderwell, he shows a total lack of ambition and deserves nothing from the game imo.

Do you say the same when the likes of Banks choose to stay at Hearts and turn down the OF?:P

eddie fenwick

yup,the more i think about this the happier i am,if hes happy to manage a team playing in front of 5000 every week then youre right it shows no ambition whatsoever

eddie fenwick
Do you say the same when the likes of Banks choose to stay at Hearts and turn down the OF?:P

for the option of first team football,then yes,if mcgregor hadnt got injured nelly wouldnt have had a sniff

The Old Tolbooth

I didn't, but the hun fans did :P

The Old Tolbooth
yup,the more i think about this the happier i am,if hes happy to manage a team playing in front of 5000 every week then youre right it shows no ambition whatsoever

The niggling thing with me is that I can't help feeling that Vlads behind it again, and he's messed up, I hope I'm barking up the wrong tree though and prefer to wait until the full story comes out before firing bullets.

Lets get Billy in now ;)

Bordeaux 03

Forget paying a manager's wages, surely a poll to pick the team on a Friday night on JKB would do the trick.

god will never be billy davies:p

:D

I'd rather it was a manager that was based in Scotland, Craig Levein or Jim Jefferies. I think Jefferies would be that desperate to return he'd bend over to Romanov, so I'd go for Levein.

Captain Canada

Martin Allen or Nigel Clough - have no OF allegiances and would be cheap to get as MA has no club and Nigel Clough is at Burton Albion. I'm not just suggesting him because of his Dad, he has built a team on a small budget over a period of time that was struggling in the conference and almost gained promotion this season. He has more managerial experience than Valdas, Shaggy and Graham Rix had when they were given the job.

Rick Grimes
Forget paying a manager's wages, surely a poll to pick the team on a Friday night on JKB would do the trick.

given the only thing the mob can agree on is "Robbie Neilson bad" (even when he's had a good game), i'd suggest not.....

Martin Allen or Nigel Clough - have no OF allegiances and would be cheap to get as MA has no club and Nigel Clough is at Burton Albion. I'm not just suggesting him because of his Dad, he has built a team on a small budget over a period of time that was struggling in the conference and almost gained promotion this season. He has more managerial experience than Valdas, Shaggy and Graham Rix had when they were given the job.

At the other end of the scale there is Steve Clarke at Chelsea who according to the English press today is about to be papped. He may be expensive but it would be a perfect "1st job" for him and he knows all about dealing with Eastern European bosses who have a few quid and a massive ego!!:cool:

kingantti1874
At the other end of the scale there is Steve Clarke at Chelsea who according to the English press today is about to be papped. He may be expensive but it would be a perfect "1st job" for him and he knows all about dealing with Eastern European bosses who have a few quid and a massive ego!!:cool:

good shout

walton1983
jim jeffries

robbo

ian holloway

Paul lambert

Jeffries is best friends with John McGlynn and will know the pitfalls of working with Vlad. Can't see him losing his self respect and taking the job. Billie Davies might be tempted though.`

Fenerjambo

I think our candidates if McGhee does stay with Motherwell will have names that end in "ov" and "as" !! We'll get another puppet and another season of Clum and Stewart!!:mad: stick their season tickets!!

Scala must of learn english by now...

Lothuer Mattheus?

Where are all these managers who supposedly wanted the Hearts job

Captain America

How bout Avram Grant, used to interfering Russian owners, moans about refs (remind u of anyone)

Rawrrrrrrr

I would go for Billy Reid

Did well at both Clyde and Hamilton with limited finances and got the best out of a large number of youth players

Maybe the sort of manager who could look beyond romanovs interference in transfers and get the best out of the youth players

Big Sam Allerdyce! We can have a trade-off. Vlad won?t interfere in team selection and Sam won?t do naughty deals on the side...Perfect

now that would be just perfect someone with clout and one who wouldna take any BS fae the Lithuanian!!!!!

:):)

:D

I'd rather it was a manager that was based in Scotland, Craig Levein or Jim Jefferies. I think Jefferies would be that desperate to return he'd bend over to Romanov, so I'd go for Levein.

The quality of players that JJ or CL have been scouting in recently are not going to be of a high enough quality for what we need. We need to aim higher than both these guys.

Billy Davies will have been searching for players while at Derby and PNE and also will have a good knowledge of the lower reaches of the English leagues where plenty of bargains can be had, ie David Nugent 100k. I think Davies would be the perfect man, especially if he was given a bit of money to spend, such as the 2.5m that we're getting for Bednar.

That's a ridiculous thing to say, maybe he just couldn't be bothered with all the crap that comes with the manager's job at Tynie. Do we really believe that VR is going to give full control to the manager?? Do we?? If McGhee isn't coming then I think that there has been something said from VR regarding either signing players, loan players, playing players etc. Until VR states that he will have no input on signings (except about whether we have the money), or team selection etc, then I don't expect us to employ anyone other than a yes man, and that might just be Frail!!!

Brick Tamland

This would be an absolutely outstanding appointment, seen and done it all with Chelsea, has survived about 6 managers, knows the Scottish and British game, has worked with a similar Romanov type figure, extremely highly regarded with all the players and so on.

I have previously stated many moons ago on various threads that he should be our No1 target and it would be an appointment with enormous potential.

Archived