Used Hearts shirt on ebay

jamdunc

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

So that makes it okay?

Adidas supply the kits. They are one of the main reasons the kit sold so much because everyone loves the 3 stripe design.

Hearts have done a lot in the past to support and promote Mccraes battalion. They have kept strip prices at the standard price, when they could've bumped it upto 60 quid and folk would've still paid it.

Pretty sure an eBay seller was getting slaughtered for selling Mccraes badges and stuff for 2/3 quid. But unlicensed.

If hearts and Adidas are profiting of Mccraes then why shouldn't that guy?

It is just highly disrespectful imo, I'm more disappointed at the folk condoning it on here now tbh.

In a free market society, yes, it is OK.

Guest C00l K1d

In a free market society, yes, it is OK.

Of course it's legally okay.

Morally it's wrong in my opinion and I'd never do it.

Its all about supply and demand.  Sadly Hearts chose a deal with adidas that was a limited run / job lot rather than a continual supply like your chelsea and real madrids get (probably more cost effective for a club our size)... but the size of the run just wasn't big enough to satisfy the demand.

Unfortunately Hearts lose out because they got their predicted sales quantity calculations wrong, but thats never going to stop people wanting to buy it. And the more people that still want to buy it, the higher the price goes when any become available.  Its that simple.

Hopefully Hearts will learn from this and next year's deal with Puma won't be hampered by any supply shortage issues like there has been from day one with adidas.

Yeah, but they put it on at 99p, can hardly blame the seller if someone offers to pay more.

i'm selling mine if we blow this league title!

Guest C00l K1d

Shite trolling HBK.

Too obvious now.

I wouldn't troll about something like this.

As I said folk were going of their heads at an independent making mccraes/remembered badges and punting them for profit

Not sure how this is any different.

If you think it's funny or amusing to profit of the late great Mccraes then you bash on.

At the wind up, surely?

queensferryjambo

Totally,

it's an auction site. If folk want to pay a silly amount for a top its up to them.

This 100%.

I collect Hearts shirts and have done for years. I try to get mainly match worn shirts nowadays.

There are trends on what tops sell for what prices. There was a point when 2006 and 2012 home shirts were very hard to get and lots of people bid on them nowadays you are lucky if they go for between ?10 and ?30.

All this auction is IMO is two or three people who missed out on getting a new home top in size XL and are desperate to get one. I would predict a year or two from now they will be going for a tenner on Ebay as well.

The seller isn't some rip off merchant because people really want his property and are willing to pay for it. The eventual buyer just really wants this and has the cash and is willing to pay big bucks for it.

A size medium could go for sale on Ebay tomorrow and go for ?40 that is just the way auction sites work. 

the big show

People will only pay what they want and are willing to pay and what they value the item at regardless of the price it was bought at , bear in mind the guy started his auction at 99p so if it only reached ?20 would all this have been said had he lost out? so in other words he has took his chance and it has payed of . i have sold many greyhounds over the years and made up to 5 to 6 times what i payed for them , i have bought many greyhounds for decent money and never got half back what i payed when i was selling them, it cuts both ways and it all lies in the hands of what a buyer is willing to pay .

This 100%.

I collect Hearts shirts and have done for years. I try to get mainly match worn shirts nowadays.

There are trends on what tops sell for what prices. There was a point when 2006 and 2012 home shirts were very hard to get and lots of people bid on them nowadays you are lucky if they go for between ?10 and ?30.

All this auction is IMO is two or three people who missed out on getting a new home top in size XL and are desperate to get one. I would predict a year or two from now they will be going for a tenner on Ebay as well.

The seller isn't some rip off merchant because people really want his property and are willing to pay for it. The eventual buyer just really wants this and has the cash and is willing to pay big bucks for it.

A size medium could go for sale on Ebay tomorrow and go for ?40 that is just the way auction sites work.

Just checked and someone has a medium up there now, gonna watch that one to see how much it goes for! Still ?102 on the XL.

Guest C00l K1d

It was all your ludicrous post warranted.

Bit harsh.

As I said if folk feel cool profiting off a strip that is in respect of mccraes then fine.

I think it's wrong and that's that. If you think it's okay then cool. No need to be horrible about it.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Bit harsh.

As I said if folk feel cool profiting off a strip that is in respect of mccraes then fine.

I think it's wrong and that's that. If you think it's okay then cool. No need to be horrible about it.

If it was listed at 99p or whatever that's not trying to profit. Trying to profit would be listing at 100 quid.

Unknown user

I wouldn't troll about something like this.

As I said folk were going of their heads at an independent making mccraes/remembered badges and punting them for profit

Not sure how this is any different.

Because it's a guy selling a t shirt.

The club's already had their profit, adidas theirs, the club shop operators theirs.

No one loses out.

I'm all for preserving and promoting the image of the club but it's no slight on anyone for a guy to sell his t shirt

Bungalow Bill

Selling it?

Don't think so, I never wear strips and gave up playing a few years ago, was going to make it my 'cup final' strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crichiejambos

Am I right in thinking you can only buy Hearts merchandise from Hearts? Sports direct,kitbag or JJB don't stock anything! That's not always bin the case? I remember buying a Hearts polo shirt from a sports shop on princess street years ago! Could be wrong,when did Hearts start putting a block on merchandise!

Bungalow Bill

Am I right in thinking you can only buy Hearts merchandise from Hearts? Sports direct,kitbag or JJB don't stock anything! That's not always bin the case? I remember buying a Hearts polo shirt from a sports shop on princess street years ago! Could be wrong,when did Hearts start putting a block on merchandise!

Might have been All Sports?

Do you have the strip?

crichiejambos

Remembered you went in and at back of the shop there were steps and there polos but don't think football shirts,just polos and plain maroon t-shirts with the badge! Olympic something? Were the makers!

Unknown user

Remembered you went in and at back of the shop there were steps and there polos but don't think football shirts,just polos and plain maroon t-shirts with the badge! Olympic something? Were the makers!

That does actually ring a bell I seem to remember we maybe had deals with a couple of stores for merchandise.

I've also got a vague memory of finding some of our merchandise in BHS on Princes St in the 90s, next to some OF stuff

queensferryjambo

To be fair to the seller he or she started the listing at 99p and could have made a loss.

Also they do not mention anything about McCraes ets they just listed it as Hearts FC football shirt.

I do not think the seller would have thought in a million years that bidders would have been so keen to bid so much on his shirt.

Oh and yeah the are flying up all over Ebay. 

People have the right to sell their property for what they want.

IMO nobody is being disrespectful to McCraes it is just someone selling a football top nothing more sinister.

queensferryjambo

That does actually ring a bell I seem to remember we maybe had deals with a couple of stores for merchandise.

I've also got a vague memory of finding some of our merchandise in BHS on Princes St in the 90s, next to some OF stuff

I think Debenhams used to sell some Hearts stuff could be wrong though.

julienbrellier

:vrface:

nobody has realised it's the same two people bidding on this shirt. obviously the OP and a family member or a friend. he has then advertised it on here to try and get some other idiot to bid higher, duping them into thinking that this is their "only chance" to get this season's top.

Please don't be conned into buying this

:vrface:

nobody has realised it's the same two people bidding on this shirt. obviously the OP and a family member or a friend. he has then advertised it on here to try and get some other idiot to bid higher, duping them into thinking that this is their "only chance" to get this season's top.

Please don't be conned into buying this

Eh, No Miss Marple, 2 + 2 is not 5. As I said in the post, I am the guy selling other Hearts shirts and a collector. This is nowt to do with me.

How could anyone be conned in to buying it. Just do or don't, easy!

Agreed.

The guys picking up strips for under the RRP had better also put the difference into a charitable fund....

Strips should only be traded at RRP.

Where will this greed end?

Archived