Used Hearts shirt on ebay

jamdunc

:tlj:

It's your shirt isn't it?....

Nope but It is me selling last seasons for ?12.99

Guest C00l K1d

Crazy. I've got an unopened one at home.

You looking to shift it? Size?

?102 for a worn shirt is ****ing ridiculous :laugh:

Crazy. I've got an unopened one at home.

Me too. It's going in a frame shortly.

tartofmidlothian

That's embarrassing, ?100 for a sweaty Hearts top. Jesus wept :lol:

Hold on, someone's willing to pay way over the odds for a cracking strip our club produced and it's embarrassing? How does that work? Embarrassing is the 06/07 strip sitting on ?2.99.

dunciboyjambo

Wonder how much my collection is worth, got about 25 shirts home and away for last 11 years plus a few older ones, some signed and one match worn Bouzid away top...?

Hold on, someone's willing to pay way over the odds for a cracking strip our club produced and it's embarrassing? How does that work? Embarrassing is the 06/07 strip sitting on ?2.99.

I've got most, if not all, of the shirts from 2000-2012, all cost around ?5 each on eBay!

Fairly shocked that this seasons is selling for over ?100 already. The 1980's shirts I have didn't even cost that much!

I've got this season's poppy shirt, worn once to the Raith game, but no plans on selling it.  Haven't yet got around to getting it framed, but it is a thing of beauty.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Had a look it must be gone. Plenty shirts from Poland and Portugal though, our fame is spreading. Hope Bruno and Mroweic ( spelling not sure )are not selling their shirts, they wouldn't would they?

Guest C00l K1d

Because some person is going to charge another hearts fan ?100 for a worn shirt they don't want anymore?

Whoever is selling that better donate half of it to the FoH.

Guest C00l K1d

It's like selling a ticket for more than face value.

Why would you do that? :laugh:  As you say unless you donate some back.  

Chaka Demus & pliers

You looking to shift it? Size?

?102 for a worn shirt is ******* ridiculous :laugh:

Na mate I'm keeping it.

noidletalk81

I've got most, if not all, of the shirts from 2000-2012, all cost around ?5 each on eBay!

Fairly shocked that this seasons is selling for over ?100 already. The 1980's shirts I have didn't even cost that much!

Shall you be parting with any for some healthy kosher readies??

delboy-248x300.jpg

tartofmidlothian

Because some person is going to charge another hearts fan ?100 for a worn shirt they don't want anymore?

Yeah, but they put it on at 99p, can hardly blame the seller if someone offers to pay more.

It's not me but if people are daft enough then it would going straight into my pocket,.

So what you gonna do if they don't........... :toff:

Guest C00l K1d

Yeah, but they put it on at 99p, can hardly blame the seller if someone offers to pay more.

Buy it now price of ?45

Hope the seller doesn't use the strip for personal gain TBH.

Buy it now price of ?45

Disrespectful to the war dead imo.

Buy it now price of ?45

Calm down FFS. :lol:

siegementality

Disrespectful to the war dead imo.

Same could be said about Adidas knocking them out for ?45 when they cost shitpence to make.

Guest C00l K1d

Calm down FFS. :lol:

What are you on about?

Im not exactly raging about it, bit crass to be making a profit on a commemorative strip though.

There was always going to be folk going to exploit the interest in the Mccraes strip tho i suppose

noidletalk81

Same could be said about Adidas knocking them out for ?45 when they cost shitpence to make.

This

the big show

Adidas are not knocking them out at ?45 the club shop would be lucky if they were paying half of that for them because they were buying a few of their products in bulk  , how else would the shop make a profit and afford to pay staff wages .

tartofmidlothian

Buy it now price of ?45

So is ?45 the going rate for a strip brand new these days? Seems fair enough as long as the buyer has a washing machine.

I don't give a flyer what the seller does with the cash TBH. I hope they treat themselves to a beer and a pie the next game they're at, that would be nice.

Still think it's the OP drumming up trade, mind you. :whistling:

Guest C00l K1d

So is ?45 the going rate for a strip brand new these days? Seems fair enough as long as the buyer has a washing machine.

I don't give a flyer what the seller does with the cash TBH. I hope they treat themselves to a beer and a pie the next game they're at, that would be nice.

Still think it's the OP drumming up trade, mind you. :whistling:

Is ?45 not what a new strip costs?  If not substitute 45 for whatever number it is and the person would've paid for it.

I don't agree with trying to make a quick buck of hearts fans with tickets, and imo shirts come under the same category.

If you think it's cool to make profit of other hearts fans that's cool... but it's not for me and I wouldn't do it to someone else.

Especially with this strip and what it stands for.

siegementality

Adidas are not knocking them out at ?45 the club shop would be lucky if they were paying half of that for them because they were buying a few of their products in bulk , how else would the shop make a profit and afford to pay staff wages .

The price tag has Adidas on it along with ?45 (or whatever it was). Therefore an Adidas product is being sold at that price. What the margins are for all involved will be of little consequence to the poor fecker being paid ?1 a day to make them.

Incidentally. Take the club badge off all football tops and the value of the item reduces significantly. We are all being shafted for our emotional attachment to our team.

tartofmidlothian

Is ?45 not what a new strip costs? If not substitute 45 for whatever number it is and the person would've paid for it.

I don't agree with trying to make a quick buck of hearts fans with tickets, and imo shirts come under the same category.

If you think it's cool to make profit of other hearts fans that's cool... but it's not for me and I wouldn't do it to someone else.

Especially with this strip and what it stands for.

Yeah, that's fair enough, but it seems to be that the seller put it on for what they paid with a low starting price to suggest they'll take as much of that back as they can. Hardly their fault that someone's chosen to pay way over the odds.

As for donating some of the money, who's to say what their situation is? Maybe they love the strip but they need the cash for rent or food. I'm not going to grudge them a windfall if someone's willing to pay it.

Although admittedly, it would be quite dickish of them if they asked for ?102 in the first place.

the big show

The price tag has Adidas on it along with ?45 (or whatever it was). Therefore an Adidas product is being sold at that price. What the margins are for all involved will be of little consequence to the poor fecker being paid ?1 a day to make them.

Incidentally. Take the club badge off all football tops and the value of the item reduces significantly. We are all being shafted for our emotional attachment to our team.

yes but what i'm pointing out is your post saying Adidas knocking them out at ?45 when it is not them that is knocking them out at that price . now as i have already said the shop will get a very decent discount because they buy in bulk so if the club is getting them for say ?20 a top how can it be Adidas knocking them out for ?45 and regardless of the fecker being paid a ?1 a day to make them it is the shop who makes the profit if they are only paying ?20 . i do agree with your bottom part of the post though.

Albert Tatlock

I bought a load of stuff when Hearts went into admin. Majority was bought through people on here who were doing

limited numbers, such as the 5-1 book, Ramones type T-shirt, postcards, etc.

Now I am, quite poor, in the scheme of things; but I would NEVER sell any of it. I want to pass it all down to my son, and hopefully he will pass it on to his kids, and so on and so on....

The seller's name would suggest he is a West Ham fan, so I doubt he cares about Hearts fans' views of him making money off the strip.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Just look at the related subjects bar above the shirts, " Hearts of Midlothian " oh Ebay :facepalm:

If someone doesnt want to pay that price they wont bid and if some does fair play to them, dont see the issue its a transaction that has f'all to do with anyone else.

Knicker twisting at its best.

It maybe a sale thats required for something more important.

Say What Again

No idea who the seller is, but if someone actually buys it, is he really making a quick buck off fellow hearts fans?

PHM would already have the top, and if not, and he/she is happy to buy it for over the odds, everyone's s winner, no?

The buyer doesn't have a gun to his head. You don't want to pay ?100 for a strip? Don't. It really is that simple.

Punting tickets for a cup final or the likes, I agree. But punting a strip that's been available to buy all season to the buyer at a lower price? Hardly racketeering.

Edit: should have read Jamboelite's post above, before posting myself. He'd already covered it.

Carl Fredrickson

I have the home and away full kit in "darts player" size still in bags with tags.....got another home top that has been worn twice.

Wanting to keep them good but at the price of that top on ebay, the unworn strips could be put aside for a few years to add to my retirement fund. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Just listed mine to get it right up HBK.

:jjyay:

I've nicked one off a washing line to sell. Purely to get it up hbk

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

If you think it's funny or amusing to profit of the late great Mccraes then you bash on.

Adidas and Hearts already have.

Guest C00l K1d

Adidas and Hearts already have.

So that makes it okay?

Adidas supply the kits. They are one of the main reasons the kit sold so much because everyone loves the 3 stripe design.

Hearts have done a lot in the past to support and promote Mccraes battalion. They have kept strip prices at the standard price, when they could've bumped it upto 60 quid and folk would've still paid it.

Pretty sure an eBay seller was getting slaughtered for selling Mccraes badges and stuff for 2/3 quid. But unlicensed.

If hearts and Adidas are profiting of Mccraes then why shouldn't that guy?

It is just highly disrespectful imo, I'm more disappointed at the folk condoning it on here now tbh.

Archived