England v Scotland

Masonic

need to keep the score down in the first half if scotland want to get anything out of the game but you would expect scotland to concede a lot of pens and thats what will prob beat us in the end 

I fear this will be a fair old hammering. Morale will be low after the Italy game.

Seymour M Hersh

Due to us being tom kite for the last decade or more the edge has gone from the Calcutta Cup. England do not see us as rivals now. A real shame tbh as we should be able to put a competitive team on the pitch considering the Welsh & Irish can with less resources available.

AlphonseCapone

Due to us being tom kite for the last decade or more the edge has gone from the Calcutta Cup. England do not see us as rivals now. A real shame tbh as we should be able to put a competitive team on the pitch considering the Welsh & Irish can with less resources available.

Rugby is far more popular in Ireland and Wales than Scotland which makes a difference

The White Cockade

less resources?

they both have many more professional ruby players than Scotland to choose from

professional rugby is a tiny minority sport in Scotland

not looking forward to this game at all

maybe with no expectations on us we might play better but probably wishful thinking

Harry Palmer

Hope I'm wrong but think England will win this by at least 20 points.  

Scotland will probably rally a wee bit in the last 20 when they have zero chance of catching them.

noidletalk81

Hammering them...4 crucial opportunities missed to score another try, our backs have been exceptional on both fronts! Hogg keeps up this form he'll be a contender for player of the year! England should of had 2 in the bin also...a-typical officiating from the incompetent Roman Poite!

13-10 at HT!

Clive Woodward...spewing! :) Almost as detestable as Chick Dung!

Ibrahim Tall

I can, and that is what has made this 6 nations so frustrating.

Aye. We "could" have won every game so far and still potentially get the wooden spoon and no points.

Aye. We "could" have won every game so far and still potentially get the wooden spoon and no points.

It's all a bit Hibs, but I thought after the Autumn internationals we had ironed out the endless penalties and silly mistakes.

It's all a bit Hibs, but I thought after the Autumn internationals we had ironed out the endless penalties and silly mistakes.

Its all aboot the WC, this year.

noidletalk81

Once again paying for missed opportunities at the end of the first half! Momentum totally swung in England's favour now, getting creamed in the scrum also! :(

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I don't really know what the answer is for Scottish rugby. It's like it's never going to get any better.

where do i start.

the SRU have no money.

the grassroots level in rugby for all regions is non existent.

the rugby heartlands the borders doesn't have a professional team at any level however still produces 90% of Scotlands talent

BT and SKY having their say in where the money goes ( 97% outside scotland) BT just paid 20 million for murrayfield.

no investment in an academy north of the border

Edinburgh & Glasgow PAY for foreign imports to get them closer to the money at heineken cup level

the SRU controlling BOTH pro teams however allow both to PAY imports to play for them ( no wonder were skint)

the fact that the BT RBS championship is still ameture and no one hardly gets a put in for scotland anymore

its utter shambollic and any wonder with people only interested in lining their pockets than making sure they get the very best from scotland are still involved in the SRU nothing will change.

If melrose, selkirk, duns, gala or heriots played in this six nations instead of scotland we'd probably be on for the grand slam.

Makes me sick to my stomach that good players cannot get called up because the SRU invest in 2 pro teams and think of the borders as a developing pool. 

Give us a pro team and we stuff the lot of them

The borders had a pro team.

How did that work out for you??

And I think you might be a bit off on your percentage of how much of the talent in the Scottish team is from the borders.

Pete Seeger

where do i start.

the SRU have no money.

the grassroots level in rugby for all regions is non existent.

the rugby heartlands the borders doesn't have a professional team at any level however still produces 90% of Scotlands talent

BT and SKY having their say in where the money goes ( 97% outside scotland) BT just paid 20 million for murrayfield.

no investment in an academy north of the border

Edinburgh & Glasgow PAY for foreign imports to get them closer to the money at heineken cup level

the SRU controlling BOTH pro teams however allow both to PAY imports to play for them ( no wonder were skint)

the fact that the BT RBS championship is still ameture and no one hardly gets a put in for scotland anymore

its utter shambollic and any wonder with people only interested in lining their pockets than making sure they get the very best from scotland are still involved in the SRU nothing will change.

If melrose, selkirk, duns, gala or heriots played in this six nations instead of scotland we'd probably be on for the grand slam.

Makes me sick to my stomach that good players cannot get called up because the SRU invest in 2 pro teams and think of the borders as a developing pool. 

Give us a pro team and we stuff the lot of them

The Borders had a pro team and you wouldn't back it because you were all caught up in your amateur little rivalries. Meanwhile Ireland progressed and the public backed the provinces and proffesional rugby. Look at them now.

Regarding percentages I think your miles out the park. Stuart Hogg and Ross Ford don't make up 97%. I'll even give you Alec Dunbar who's from the rugby playing heartland of erm, Lockerbie.  

Seymour M Hersh

Rugby is far more popular in Ireland and Wales than Scotland which makes a difference

You say that but I'd like to see the statistics that back it up.  I'm sure I read that football had overtaken Rugby in Wales as a participant sport and Irelands national game is not Rugby either. 

AlphonseCapone

You say that but I'd like to see the statistics that back it up. I'm sure I read that football had overtaken Rugby in Wales as a participant sport and Irelands national game is not Rugby either.

You might be right but that's not quite what I'm saying.

Rugby might not be the most popular sport in Wales and Ireland but as a proportion of population I'd be willing to bet more play rugby in those two countries than Scotland.

You say that but I'd like to see the statistics that back it up.  I'm sure I read that football had overtaken Rugby in Wales as a participant sport and Irelands national game is not Rugby either.

I remember reading a report a few years ago that had the number of registered rugby players in each of the main nations. Scotland's was very small and England's was huge compared to any other country. New Zealand of course had the biggest as percentage of population.

I remember reading a report a few years ago that had the number of registered rugby players in each of the main nations. Scotland's was very small and England's was huge compared to any other country. New Zealand of course had the biggest as percentage of population.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yeSN53py7PI/TmXJ4UMiD1I/AAAAAAAAAgs/54kHw_zo9AY/s1600/IRB+Player+Numbers.jpg

This graphic appeared before WC 2011. The number of senior players is represented by the smaller inner circle, so the idea that England has more registered rugby players than the rest of the world put together, while accurate, doesn't apply to the senior game.

Archived