"BBC catches up with old Hearts news" shock?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

In the BBC Scotland football gossip, it leads with "Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson begins recruitment drive for Scottish Premiership return..." and then says "Meanwhile Edinburgh rivals Hearts have already sounded out potential new signings ahead of their impending return to the Scottish top flight. (National)"  Normally, it has a specific paper link.  Anyone know what they mean by "(National)"?

That said, I guess it's hardly news.  I'd have expected RN and CL to have been planning both re-signings, new contracts and possible new players long since.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Could 'National' be the paper 'The National'?

Stuck here in Englandshire, it's easy to miss things.  Like the establishment of a new Scottish newspaper that I took an online subscription to when it first came out.

In the words of the the former Thailand national anthem... (altogther now) "Ohwha Ta Ner Siam".  :uhoh2:

The National

:facepalm:

Some quite good writers employed by it.  Iain Bell & Alastair Grey are pretty much up there, imo.

Some quite good writers employed by it.  Iain Bell & Alastair Grey are pretty much up there, imo.

Not that I want to 'shedify' this thread but small scale in the extreme (30,000 copies) and just typical and what i'd expect from the '45' brigade.  They will be happy in their wee room with the 50,000 Gaelic speakers.

Not that I want to 'shedify' this thread but small scale in the extreme (30,000 copies) and just typical and what i'd expect from the '45' brigade.  They will be happy in their wee room with the 50,000 Gaelic speakers.

:cornette:

The Scotsman sells less than that :gok:

Does the national print a gaelic edition to serve the 50,000 gaelic speakers, or is it just pretendy national.

The Scotsman sells less than that :gok:

Newspapers in the year 2015

Papers that have been running for years and years is understandable but establishing a new paper in  2015

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

i don't get the thread.

Well, firstly, it's pointing out the coverage of RN scouting for new players for the Premiership.  Secondly, me being a bit slow, I hadn't twigged what the Beeb meant by National.  Thirdly, it got eased into a referendum-like "you lost, get over it" type thread.

Fourthly, I wish I'd never bothered asking....

please take the politics to the shed, the terrace is for grown ups to talk about football   

The NationLOL more like. 

Cringeworthy paper.   The story was in the even lesser thought of publication, the Evening News before that.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Papers that have been running for years and years is understandable but establishing a new paper in  2015

So starting a new newspaper - incredibly rare these days - and instantly getting a bigger circulation than a well established is a bad thing? Odd. I'd say more it's a sign that the new paper is filling a gap created by the incredible bias of the existing papers. The National is pretty thin and is finding its way but as a new paper that's to be expected. At least it's up front about its editorial stance, unlike the Record and Scotsman that pretend to be balanced papers but are anything but.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Does the national print a gaelic edition to serve the 50,000 gaelic speakers, or is it just pretendy national.

Does the Scotsman only cater to Scotsmen?

Not that I want to 'shedify' this thread but small scale in the extreme (30,000 copies) and just typical and what i'd expect from the '45' brigade. They will be happy in their wee room with the 50,000 Gaelic speakers.

oh aye, think you can have some fly digs in the terrace, and naebody wid notice.wrong

Get yourself to the megathread, in the shed, and stop ersing up the terrace.

tartofmidlothian

oh aye, think you can have some fly digs in the terrace, and naebody wid notice.wrong

:spoton:

Time and a place for this topic, but the WUMs on either side can gtf.

Son Of Anarchy

ffs does any mention of the word national need to bring out ******** political comments all the time? Get a life and grow up eh? This place really is pathetic at times.

ffs does any mention of the word national need to bring out ******** political comments all the time? Get a life and grow up eh? This place really is pathetic at times.

This

Sir, your use of the vernacular is a wonder to behold!

Not that I want to 'shedify' this thread but small scale in the extreme (30,000 copies) and just typical and what i'd expect from the '45' brigade. They will be happy in their wee room with the 50,000 Gaelic speakers.

Terrible patter and nothing to do with the OP

Well, it seems to have been a good business decision tbh. I'd be happy if I got an immediate circulation of that volume having launched a few months back.

It's a decent paper tbh, a bit more analytical than some of the competition.

Some very defensive nationalists out in force here.

Not at all people are just pointing out that this is a football forum.

We are all on the same side here so please take your divisive views on to the shed .

Archived