To all the SPL players...

jambo191

That jumped ship to join a 'bigger club' in division 3, 2, 1 and now the joke that is left GIRFUY.

What a waste of your careers and talent. Chased the money and now any decent team will not want you at all.

Absolute shambles, how must they be feeling?

A special note has to go to Black and Templeton.

:jjyay:

When did Black jump ship?

He never. Needed a job, offered and took it...

Templeton is a wasted talent but it's unfair to have a go at him. We needed his transfer money to keep us afloat and the only offer that we received was from them.

Not sure where we would be without his and Wallace's transfer money, even though the fandans short changed us.

Unknown user

That jumped ship to join a 'bigger club' in division 3, 2, 1 and now the joke that is left GIRFUY.

What a waste of your careers and talent. Chased the money and now any decent team will not want you at all.

Black would crawl naked over broken glass to play for Hearts again, his last contribution was in pumping hibs in the cup final.

Temps brought us excitement, positivity and an unforgettable moment at Anfield. His move (which was not forced by him) helped keep our head above water.

I have no problem with either

letsalllaughathobos

Good luck to them, if the carrot of over inflated wages for minor work came your way I'm sure you would bite there hand off for it, I would,who would turn down free money come on,

Templeton is a wasted talent but it's unfair to have a go at him. We needed his transfer money to keep us afloat and the only offer that we received was from them.

Not sure where we would be without his and Wallace's transfer money, even though the fandans short changed us.

True Templeton and Gowzer were forced out. 

I think Wallace signed for the old Rangers before they were liquidated. 

kingantti1874

He never. Needed a job, offered and took it...

Yep on 4 times his previous salary -. Blackie is a legend who wouldn't have left if we could have given him a deal

... Temps, slightly different in that he was desperate to go...but gave us some good moments and made some donations to FOH

gashauskis9

Said it before and I'll say it again, please can we stop including Temps in the GIRUY chat. Listen to Gowser's stance on it, it truly was a case that Temps leaving gave us a financial lifeline albeit short term. The fact that his career has since gone down the toilet is for separate discussion, but spare a thought for the fact that whilst we revel in domination, Temps is at the bottom of the pile because of a decision he was made to help us out and he's shown nothing but class on his dealings with us since.

Wallace and Black on the other hand...

Daly, Law, Clarke, Bell all players that were doing great at thier clubs.

Kris boyd who had actually cleaned his act up at Killie.

And then the best one, Mcgregor choosing them over us. Wow.

Unknown user

Mcgregor was offered 3 x more than we offered IIRC, let's not pretend we'd do any different. Boy's a hibs fan ffs, is he going to play for the maroon?

Never quite understood the animosity towards Black and Templeton.

Both have fallen by the wayside and I certainly wouldn't take either back now, BUT that's not to say they didn't play their part for Hearts.

Black was a key part of the 2012 cup winning team and was sensational in the final. He's been awful since leaving but that doesn't take away from the fact he wanted to stay and loves Hearts, he was not given a new deal though and was offered the chance of earning a heck of a lot of money for a club in a decent distance of his family. He was unemployed basically, who can blame him?

Temps earned the club a decent fee, one which probably kept us going at the time. 

As I say, I don't think either would improve out team now and their careers have really taken a nosedive since Tynecastle - but I certainly have no issues with them. 

As for your last sentence, thank ****.

The Treasurer

Black joined sevco as we didn't make him any offer to stay

Temps joined sevco as we needed the money.

Neither has bad-mouthed us since then and both probably had their best playing days in a Hearts jersey, so no problem with either.

Wallace, I was disappointed in, as he showed no ambition by taking the easy money at sevco rather than developing his undoubted talent down south.

But again I've not heard him say anything against our club so like the others I have no problem with him.

Unknown user

Black joined sevco as we didn't make him any offer to stay

Temps joined sevco as we needed the money.

Neither has bad-mouthed us since then and both probably had their best playing days in a Hearts jersey, so no problem with either.

Wallace, I was disappointed in, as he showed no ambition by taking the easy money at sevco rather than developing his undoubted talent down south.

But again I've not heard him say anything against our club so like the others I have no problem with him.

Lee's Mrs and new bairn played a large part in that decision to be fair, again IIRC.

We football fans need to take off our blinkers and realise that footballers are human beings with complicated needs and desires just like the rest of us, that huge pay rises talk and that we really have very little insight into the reality of the lives they live and the pressures they face

Grow up.

Black hardly "jumped ship". His contract expired and we didn't/couldn't renew it.

Templeton didn't really have much of a choice as we needed the money from his transfer. Whether he would have went elsewhere had he had another offer is something we'll never know.

Wallace left when Rangers were still in the premier league.

To all the SPL players who chased the cash and went to rangers, milked them dry and made our job of winning promotion far easier than it should have been.

I say Thank you. :pleasing:

hearts_crazy

To all the SPL players who chased the cash and went to rangers, milked them dry and made our job of winning promotion far easier than it should have been.

I say Thank you. :pleasing:

Spot on.

Special mention to Ally McCoist for staying as long as you did and leaving Kenny McDowall as your successor, ****ing brilliant piece of work right there.

BRAVEHEART1874

Sevco fans wanting swally back in for the play offs hahahahahaha at least we could sing the don't sack McCoist choon again ;)

The ill feeling towards Black and Templeton is bizarre. Black was allowed to leave by us, we decided. Templeton left and earned us a few that helped the club massively. That money kept us afloat.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Templeton and Black are maybe not the best examples. Law, Bell, Clark could certainly have aimed higher with possibly Shiels, Daly and Sandaza too

Jimmy McNulty

The bashing of Templeteon is cringeworthy. Listen to what Gowzer said: We needed the money.

buzzbomb1958

I have no issue with any player who has pulled on a jambo shirt at the end of the day we all have families to look after and bills to pay ,on saying that Ithink any player would have to think twice about joining sevco after seeing the careers that have been ruined by them

Allowayjambo1874

Hate to be pedantic but Nicky Clark has never played a single minute in the premier league, this is the highest level he has ever played at. 

Never quite understood the animosity towards Black and Templeton.

Both have fallen by the wayside and I certainly wouldn't take either back now, BUT that's not to say they didn't play their part for Hearts.

Black was a key part of the 2012 cup winning team and was sensational in the final. He's been awful since leaving but that doesn't take away from the fact he wanted to stay and loves Hearts, he was not given a new deal though and was offered the chance of earning a heck of a lot of money for a club in a decent distance of his family. He was unemployed basically, who can blame him?

Temps earned the club a decent fee, one which probably kept us going at the time. 

As I say, I don't think either would improve out team now and their careers have really taken a nosedive since Tynecastle - but I certainly have no issues with them. 

Good post and pretty much where I am. This shite rears it's head every few months, People really need to let go and move on.

tbf 2 them they ain't excatly being missed this season none of them would walk into out team right now however I have no malice towards them

Archived