The Perfect Bank Holiday - How's yours been?

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

People, I aint been on KB alot the last few days, because I've been enjoying the bank holiday weekend from the gods.

Saturday - Had the missus' pals wedding, went, good day, went out at night with Johnmitchell and his bird at night with my missus, had a few good beers, back to theirs for more beer, food laughs etc.

Sunday - Woke up (early doors) in the picturesque hotel of Queensferry Hotel, overlooking the Forth Bridges and the Forth river, beautiful. Drove home, nice, stopped off for lunch in a rather nice boozer on the way home. Went home via Tesco's for an 18 pack of Strongbow (the Wedding hotel in Garvock house hotel didn't serve Strongbow on Sat:sad:). Headed home, cracked a few open, watched the play off with DR and Dirty Leeds (I had 10 quid on Doncaster to win 1-0), then sparked up the BBQ and had some fabulous Strongbow's sitting in our large garden soaking up the sun.

Monday - Taking kids to their grandparents. My mum, the wife and my daughter are going out on her new bike (the daughters before some smart ass spoils the mood :P). My dad, myself and my son are taking in a game of golf at Musselburgh before retiring to the clubhouse for a few beers and a bit of a laugh before getting picked up before heading home.

So how's everyone else's bank holiday weekend been. Hopefully you've all had as good a weekend as myself.

Ray Winstone

Been revising all weekend for exam on tuesday.

Showoff.

chester copperpot
Been revising all weekend for exam on tuesday.

Showoff.

Sorry mate, forgot about the exam time for the students and schoolie's out there.

Trust me though, my weekend's been barry. ;)

then sparked up the BBQ and had some fabulous Strongbow's sitting in our large garden soaking up the sun.

:eek::eek:;)

As for me...work as usual tomorrow :(

Went for a row tonight - Atlantic slighty bumpy:D

Had my last exam on Friday. So just been relaxing.

Went down to the Haddington Juniors game yesterday with a mate, his dad and his dads mate. Still have an outside chance of promotion. Back to the boozer for the rest of the day and night.

Today I have just watched the footy and tv.

Tommorow I will eagerly waiting the announcement of Mark McGhee.

The Old Tolbooth

Had a decent weekend

Friday, had my kids and had a few laughs with them playing the Wii for a bit, and took a right tanking from my youngesr at snakes and ladders!

Saturday, went into Dunfermline and ended up in the 7 kings watching the cup final and had a few beers, then went for a wander round a few more pubs and recieved a fatal text message from Andy, the rest is a blur!

Sunday, went shopping for clothes at the Fort for heading to Barcelona on Friday for a stag do and then had a chinese to round the weekend off.

Tomorrow, working as usual and got 8 reports to do :(

chester copperpot
Had a decent weekend

Friday, had my kids and had a few laughs with them playing the Wii for a bit, and took a right tanking from my youngesr at snakes and ladders!

Saturday, went into Dunfermline and ended up in the 7 kings watching the cup final and had a few beers, then went for a wander round a few more pubs and recieved a fatal text message from Andy, the rest is a blur!

Sunday, went shopping for clothes at the Fort for heading to Barcelona on Friday for a stag do and then had a chinese to round the weekend off.

Tomorrow, working as usual and got 8 reports to do :(

When did they get a high and mighty mate?

The Old Tolbooth
When did they get a high and mighty mate?

Heh heh, found a discount store (never seen it before) and it had Ben Sherman, Kangol, Lambretta etc, lots of good names starting at a fiver a pop, can't complain at that like.

chester copperpot
Heh heh, found a discount store (never seen it before) and it had Ben Sherman, Kangol, Lambretta etc, lots of good names starting at a fiver a pop, can't complain at that like.

Didn't realise Slaters Menswear had opened up a store either. :confused:;)

PS Where's the good names about.

The Old Tolbooth
Didn't realise Slaters Menswear had opened up a store either. :confused:;)

PS Where's the good names about.

Well, good names for me lol! :wacko:

alwaysthereinspirit

80 degrees up here in Maine. Been on the boat on Sabago lake all day and the same tomorrow. Memorial day weekend over here.

Doctor FinnBarr

Day off, long lie knacked by the neighbours from hell and their damn alarm clock!

:mad:

Friday night went to the speedway at Armadale. Had 1 drink .

Saturday watched Football and relaxed.

Sunday went to Kinnard park for a new lawn mover and shower..

Monday Im working :mad:

What a boring life I lead...:sad:

Pete Seeger

Sat in on friday night, Worked a few hours on saturday and played golf at night at Glencorse and had a barby yesterday. Just heading out to work just now.

Guest juvehearts

Friday worked, friday afternoon & evening watch the bambino as the wife let her hair down & came home at 2am :eek:.

saturday!! ha ha, got my revenge, went out at 11am to watch the football came home at 4pm got a fone call from my mum & sister inviting us out for a meal.

got in just in time for the eurovision the wee one's in her bed so i spent some quality time with the wife beater & ended up pished on the couch sleeping & snoring by 10:30 . quality!

sunday, at the in-laws beat the father in law in the royal rumble smackdown vs raw on 360 then showed hom how to do the little jacob missions on gta 4. went outside for a nice BBQ & few beers & got burnt in the process. - Happy Days.

today! just up after being allowed a long lie in (usualy up at 6am with the bairn) now its just a wait n see day & see what happens,

coz weve not been in for the last 2 day's were gonae need to tidy up & do washing. :sad:.

Ran the Edinburgh Marathon yesterday.

Today i'm going to try and walk more than 10 yards without the aid of someone!!

Jambo Oscar

I've not had a great wekend at all. Me and my little one have been ill. On a better note Mr Shona Hearts has been running round after us - :)

conn artist

had my last exam on friday, been on the bevvy for the last couple of days and fly off to canada for two weeks in about 4hours. cant wait. heres hoping we have a manager in place by the time i get back.

Doctor FinnBarr

Quality bank holiday, ears syringed first thing (I can hear again), allowed a go on the swings, took out for a Chinese lunch and if she,ll just allow me out for the Monday club........

:)

davemclaren

Picked up me and the mate's 'season tickets today. :)

Now getting some washing done... :mad:

Pretty dull weekend for me, not helped by the lousy English weather.

Saturday took daughter to a party in Milton Keynes then did some shopping.

Highlight was seeing half the 1966 England World Cup Winning team signing autographs in the shopping centre. Quite sad really seeing players like Nobby Stiles, Jack Charlton, Martin Peters, Geoff Hurst sitting in a shopping centre waiting to sign autographs. Particularly as no one was queuing for signatures.

Watched the play off yesterday as it was pashing down outside.

Was going to play golf today but the hurricane outside put me off. Knew I should have worked today.

Excellent weekend.... shame I'm in the office the day.... only reason I'm in is becuase I'm off for two weeks in 9 days time to Portugal!

Nucky Thompson

Every weekend is like a bank holiday weekend for me:)

Saturday: Nowt. Helped my GFs sister and her boyfriend tidy up their garden at their new house.

Sunday: Worked in the bloody cold bit of Tesco while the sun was splitting the sky outside. 1-10.

Today: Been at uni all day, 9-now. No breaks (or very little).

Now I have to do coursework until about 8.30 when the GF picks me up and I can go and get my new(ish) car and become mobile again. Or I might do a bit then go to the union and watch Stockport vs whoever it is.

Archived