Sellic Football Club

Toxteth O'Grady

PresidentRomanov
Mhark Mghee can expect a great welcome from you then !

Is long as he's head coach of Heart of Midlothian FC, he has my full support.

And you've spelt his name wrong :)

Drylaw Hearts
Is long as he's head coach of Heart of Midlothian FC, he has my full support.

And you've spelt his name wrong :)

But he is one of 'their sort' though.

Nucky Thompson
Mhark Mghee can expect a great welcome from you then !
Once he becomes one of us, the support will be right behind him:cool: just like wee JC, who became a legend.

PresidentRomanov
But he is one of 'their sort' though.

As I said though, the Heart of Midlothian FC head coach always has my full support :)

jambojim52

Not surprised that celtic have done this. They use any situation and in general abuse the system for their benefit. Deaths of players and managers are mana from heaven the the **** and I hope the press point out how they ruined the memorial to PO'D. You just know they won't tho.

I was at this game today, as a neutral, I knew Phil and wanted to go along. I knew exactly how it would turn out. The announcer kept harping on about Stephen McManus coming out with the league triophy at the end of the game, all the way through the match, and it was the biggest cheer of the day by far.

He also failed to announce some of the Motherwell substitutions by name, just completely ignoring them, but hey, who cares eh, it was all about the Sellick today...

Gordon Marshall came on in goal for Celtic in the second half and he got into the spirit of it a bit, practically letting Clarkson score. Marshall didn't get much of a cheer himself coming on. I know Gordon and he once told me Celtic fans used to stand behind his goal at Ibrox, and call HIM and orange barsteward. During an Old firm game. You couldn't make it up could you?

And then at half time the announcer shouted God Bless Tommy Burns, and with all due respect to Tommy, i just thought, this is not the time nor the place.

So, i went for a few beers afterwards, and then just there on my way home, past Glasgow Cross, where the mhanky pubs are, I walked past a lovely group of celtic fans in full song.

The song went something like this:

I hope you die in your sleep Nacho Novo

I hiope you die in your sleep, I pray

from a bullet from the IRA.

Lovely stuff, from these absolute fecking morons, on a day of a memorial game.

Anyone on this board who congratulates Celtic on their league win, or claims that they are 'less bigoted' than Rangers, or don't have those issues anymore, wewll, come through to mine sometime, i'll take you on a wee tour of the sellick pubs, and then we'll see what you think.

Dirk Diggler
I was at this game today, as a neutral, I knew Phil and wanted to go along. I knew exactly how it would turn out. The announcer kept harping on about Stephen McManus coming out with the league triophy at the end of the game, all the way through the match, and it was the biggest cheer of the day by far.

He also failed to announce some of the Motherwell substitutions by name, just completely ignoring them, but hey, who cares eh, it was all about the Sellick today...

Gordon Marshall came on in goal for Celtic in the second half and he got into the spirit of it a bit, practically letting Clarkson score. Marshall didn't get much of a cheer himself coming on. I know Gordon and he once told me Celtic fans used to stand behind his goal at Ibrox, and call HIM and orange barsteward. During an Old firm game. You couldn't make it up could you?

And then at half time the announcer shouted God Bless Tommy Burns, and with all due respect to Tommy, i just thought, this is not the time nor the place.

So, i went for a few beers afterwards, and then just there on my way home, past Glasgow Cross, where the mhanky pubs are, I walked past a lovely group of celtic fans in full song.

Anyone on this board who congratulates Celtic on their league win, or claims that they are 'less bigoted' than Rangers, or don't have those issues anymore, wewll, come through to mine sometime, i'll take you on a wee tour of the sellick pubs, and then we'll see what you think.

:sad:

Gigolo-Aunt

Thats such poor show.

:sad:

chester copperpot

Regardless of what your thoughts are on Cellick or Rankgers, this point is actually a very valid one.

Cellick have used the medium of a benefit match to their benefit, so in fact, the chanting was about Tommy Burns, they paraded the SPL title, I find this rather disgusting due to the fact the whole point of this day was about a Motherwell player.

They could've held another benefit match for Tommy Burn's, held a fans day for the SPL title, yet they did not.

A fine example of Celtic jumping on whatever bandwagon that they can to extract as much sympathy from the Scottish public.

I'm rather disgusted at this, its actually a ****ing joke.

coppercrutch

Their fans are absolute ****. Anyway don't you know they have won the 'media' and 'perception' war so it is ok......:rolleyes:

A few other lovely examples of their fans in the news today:

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/05/25/ghoulish-thieves-target-jerseys-at-tommy-burns-shrine-78057-20428173/

Ghoulish thieves target jerseys at Tommy Burns' shrine

Of course they have to get in something 'great' about the club.

"Meanwhile Celtic have revealed that the strips will be donated to charities working with underprivileged kids in Africa, South America and Eastern Europe."

Kinda glosses over the fact that the **** who were stealing the strips were most probably Celtic fans themselves.........

I was reading this other article below and loved the gratuitous Celtic reference !!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7419398.stm

MP beaten unconscious near home

"The only thing I noticed was one of them was wearing a Celtic top."

Love it. Just when Celtic were 'winning' the media war, they fall back into their old habits. Perfect timing. :)

Toxteth O'Grady
I have an unhealthy hatred for the vermin, the very thought of them makes me spew:boak:

It's healthy:)

Toxteth O'Grady
Regardless of what your thoughts are on Cellick or Rankgers, this point is actually a very valid one.

Cellick have used the medium of a benefit match to their benefit, so in fact, the chanting was about Tommy Burns, they paraded the SPL title, I find this rather disgusting due to the fact the whole point of this day was about a Motherwell player.

They could've held another benefit match for Tommy Burn's, held a fans day for the SPL title, yet they did not.

A fine example of Celtic jumping on whatever bandwagon that they can to extract as much sympathy from the Scottish public.

I'm rather disgusted at this, its actually a ****ing joke.

I was too lazy to say all that in the OP Andy, but thanks for putting it so well.

Sellic Football Club are a pathetic excuse of an institution, they overestimate their own importance greatly and treat away fans with disgusting contempt. I won't be back there in a hurry.

Frankenstein Jambo.
I once again hate Celtic more than Rangers. Is that allowed today ?

Cue the cries of 'Bigot'..................

;)

i hate both as much as each other

According to the Motherwell fan site, the announcer said on several occasions that McManus would parade the SPL trophy after the game, so anyone who had any objection could have left before it i think.

The Tommy Burns thing, Burns was a great footballing legend who was respected by loads of clubs throughout scotland, so a couple of celtic fans sang songs about him ? so what?

why cant a crown pay tribute to TWO great footballing icons.

dont see the hubbabaloo to be honest.

according to some motherwell fans, its been blown well out of proportion.

The Vulture
I'm appalled by what's happened at the tribute match: it's typical Celtic. However, your disgust at Adam Bolton's failure to press John Reid would be a little easier to take seriously if you could give your opinion on all the terrorist baggage that goes with Rangers FC - but you won't, will you?

Last I new there was a ceasefire in Northern Ireland from 'terrorists/freedom fighters' from both sides of 'the divide'. Having visited Northern Ireland last year I believe the whole country is prospering and fair play to them for putting the past behind them and moving on. Only wish the weedgies would do the same.

Aye, close proximity to either half of the ugbly sisterhood makes me feel ill. Me, I'm proud to be an irishman, ulsterman, british and scots. Yould be suprised, there are more than a few ulster jambos about. ****** the IRA UDa or any other plastic gangster fuds. Mon the Hearts. The class act in scottish football.

Hagar the Horrible

Vile bunch, I hate the fact they dwell on being serial victims and being professional morners, while they shen crocodile tears into their buckfast?

Stealing the jerseys from the grave of one one of their own and even selling tickets to his funeral? The worst part is they can still get much lower.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Wonder where the ban the song mob are today?

Not very nice that song now is it.

Still, im sure some of the timpathisers will find a way to justify it.

Not surprised by this at all.

They are filthy, cowardly pondlife who revel in their "great oirish traditions"

If it was up to me i'd pack them on a ferry and blow it up half way across the irish sea...see how those kents like it

Celtic Fc = The plague of scottish society

And, it was a girl - if you could call her that - who was leading the singing! unbelievable, or well, actually, no, it's typical of what i have seenin the nine years or so i've lived round here.

A Celtic fan i was speaking to yesterday after game, also said that they weren't surprised at some Motherwell fans being annoyed about the league trophy being paraded because - and this is great - Motherwell support the other mob anyway...!!!

Couldn't make it up!

davemclaren

I think you're stretching that a bit far. :)

Hans von Luck

You would have been better off in puting a donation to the "British Heart Foundation" than give those mhanks the entrance fee to listen to their bile.

Dont get me started about them as I normally get in trouble. ;)

Boab Mugabe

All gone very silent... must be a coincidence. Or they're off celebrating the title win themselves... :peek_by_Andrin:

Just wondering how it would be if Hearts got involved in a benefit match, then a week before it a Hearts legend died and a few days after that Hearts won the league.

In these circumstances, I am 100% sure that the Tynie crowd would respectfully make no reference to either the league win or the deceased Jambo.

(The Novo song, heard in a pub, is a disgrace. Again, you wouldn't find Hearts fans in a pub making light of anyone's death unless perhaps their husband had played for Celtic, managed Hibs and had a remarkable head, an implausible combination).

Ah so thats where the rat arsed tim who threatened me at work was:laugh:

I thought he just hadnt changed since Thursday, strip, scarf, the lot...then again...

****bags the lot of them.

It looks like they have hijacked the Phil O'Donnell Tribute match and turned it into a Tommy Burns tribute and Title winning party.

The are the Mod Edits of the Earth

http://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=29314&st=180&start=180

I want Kylie's Avator on that!

And what do people expect!!! Celtic are the most self obsessed club on the planet - anything to turn the attention on them

Guest Dipped Flake

Not sure what the problem here is, although I wasn't at the match, but surely the whole point was to raise more money for O'Donnells charity. 60,000 at parkhead are going to raise more then 12000 at motherwell so it made sense for them to hold it there. Once Tommy Burns died and celtic won the league it was obviously going to turn into a celtic title party/burns wake. As for the song being sung by some drunken plastic paddies, can't see anyone on here defending that vermin; of course that won't stop some pretending that all of us who don't support the orange bigots are card carrying members of the ira

Seymour M Hersh
I'm appalled by what's happened at the tribute match: it's typical Celtic. However, your disgust at Adam Bolton's failure to press John Reid would be a little easier to take seriously if you could give your opinion on all the terrorist baggage that goes with Rangers FC - but you won't, will you?

Well as it wasn't the rankers chairman Bolton was interviewing I can see the posters point.

Just wondering how it would be if Hearts got involved in a benefit match, then a week before it a Hearts legend died and a few days after that Hearts won the league.

In these circumstances, I am 100% sure that the Tynie crowd would respectfully make no reference to either the league win or the deceased Jambo.

(The Novo song, heard in a pub, is a disgrace. Again, you wouldn't find Hearts fans in a pub making light of anyone's death unless perhaps their husband had played for Celtic, managed Hibs and had a remarkable head, an implausible combination).

Firstly the Novo song was in the street on the way home, if you read my post properly.

Secondly, if some Hearts fans sing songs about the death of Tony Mowbray's wife, then they are a disgrace. As is anyone who sings any type of song like this.

I think my point on this occasion was that despite what they or their fans may claim there is still a sectarian element to them and there probably always will be.

I hear that some of the money raised from the O'Donnell game went to "Celtic charities".

Given their history, all that I'm going to say about that is hmmm.

Archived