The JKB Euro 2008 Predictor Competition

Ulysses

Can I be put on the free one please Uly?

Skinto this month :sad:

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update

33 members have signed up for the Gold event. This might translate into more competitors because each member can play one or two entries if they wish. But at the moment it looks like the Gold prize fund is heading towards ?200.

A total of 97 players have signed up for the Bronze event. There will be a smaller prize for that.

Please note that the rules for these competitions will be similar to the rules for the 2006 World Cup Predictor. Gold competitors submit forecasts throughout the competition. Bronze competitors have to "make the cut" twice during the tournament. There will be two cut-off dates, and on each date only players in the top end of the Bronze table will qualify to play in the next phase.

Deadlines: To join either competition, you need to post on this thread to say so sometime before 5 pm UK time on Saturday, 7 June. To join the Gold competition, you need to also pay your entry fee before that deadline.

I'll let Gold players know the payment arrangements on Monday evening. And I'm really sorry, but I don't have a payment option other than Paypal.

:toasting:

Will it be prediciting results, or will you be looking for first goalscorers, etc too?

Please could you sign me up for the free one. Never tried predicting before maybe first time lucky;)

Will it be prediciting results, or will you be looking for first goalscorers, etc too?

Just results.

Another update

34 members have signed up for the Gold event. This might translate into more competitors because each member can play one or two entries if they wish. But at the moment it looks like the Gold prize fund should be in or about ?200.

A total of 103 players have signed up for the Bronze event. There will be a smaller prize for that.

Please note that the rules for these competitions will be similar to the rules for the 2006 World Cup Predictor. Gold competitors submit forecasts throughout the competition. Bronze competitors have to "make the cut" twice during the tournament. There will be two cut-off dates, and on each date only players in the top end of the Bronze table will qualify to play in the next phase.

Deadlines: To join either competition, you need to post on this thread to say so sometime before 5 pm UK time on Saturday, 7 June. To join the Gold competition, you need to also pay your entry fee before that deadline.

I'll post competition rules on Tuesday evening.

Count me in!

A source deep within UEFA has told me the outcome. Its a done deal! FACT.

PM me if you want my info.

londonjambo

Havent done one of Uly's competitions for ages so I'll give it a bash.

However, given my appalling lack of skill at these things, I'll stick with the freebie.

GC

Arthur Morgan

I'm on holiday but hopefully i can keep up and post my predictions on my iphone!:)

The Old Tolbooth

Put me down for the free one Uly please as I have a habit of forgetting to post my predictions.

Havent done one of Uly's competitions for ages so I'll give it a bash.

However, given my appalling lack of skill at these things, I'll stick with the freebie.

GC

Appalling lack of skill? How much skill does it take to hand over ?6? :biggrin:

Sorry, the rules won't be posted until Wednesday evening, along with an update of who has signed up for the two competitions. The first call for predictions will also be posted on Wednesday evening.

ronnie_fife

I have a rather active social life (drink problem), is there any way that we can predict the entire group stage at once or will it be game at a time?

Sorry but I'm not familiar with previous formats of predictor competition's on here.

rudiskacel

i'll have a go at the freebie.

is there any way that we can predict the entire group stage at once
agreed. i'll forget:sad:

CostaJambo

First sign-up I've made for a couple of seasons, superb. I'll go for the freebie please Uly.

I have a rather active social life (drink problem), is there any way that we can predict the entire group stage at once or will it be game at a time?

Sorry but I'm not familiar with previous formats of predictor competition's on here.

I'll be posting the rules in a little while, but the short answer is that you can do what you like once you get your prediction for any given game in before the start time for the game. You can also post "blind" predictions for the knockout phase (e.g. Winner A to beat runner up B by 2-1), but remember that these have to be for the scoreline at 90 minutes.

If you want to look through the full list of fixtures, here's a link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2008/schedule_and_statistics/day_by_day/default.stm

Gold competition update

The following members have signed up and paid entry fees for the Gold competition:

AndyMcI

bill duff

billyboy38

Blackheart

Boof

Bordeaux 03

bordeaux...was bordeaux

brownkg

Dagger Is Back

Deek

heartscat

Jack of Hearts

Jamdub

portobellojambo1

Sooperstar

Tasavallan

Ulysses (x2)

WalterEgo

yvonnejambo (x2)

So far, the Gold prize fund stands at ?126. The following members have signalled their interest in playing in the Gold competition:

Auldreekie1874

cecil

chizzy

cookieboy

Devries4

dexter

interista

kearney19

KilbrideJambo

Mr JJ

No Nonsense

shaun.lawson

sked21

Tott

Bronze competition update

108 members have signalled their interest in the Bronze competition as follows:

adam1998

adayinmay

AllowayJambo

Auldreekie1874

BASIL_HEARTS

BigC

Bigsmak

bill duff

billyboy38

Blackheart

Boof

Bordeaux 03

bordeaux...was bordeaux

Borthers

briacasa

bringbackjeffries

brownkg

Broxburn Jambo

Bruno's Boots

BRY

cecil

Chad Sexington

chizzy

Commander Harris

cookieboy

CostaJambo

crazy_jambo_2006

Cyprus Jambo

Dagger Is Back

Daveandal

DC_92

Deek

Devries4

dexter

Drumelzier

Eastender

Eckauskas

ELVIS_LEGEND

Everybody loves Baz!

Fat Striker

Fenerjambo

Gambo

garlic

Geoff Kilpatrick

geogth

griffin

H2

heartscat

heartsforglory

HMFC-chris

hughesie27

ian039

interista

Jack of Hearts

Jam 11

Jamboelite

JamboMonty

Jambosimmy

Jamdub

JAYEL

JennyJambo

John Findlay

johnmitchell

jollyjambo1874

kdee2006

kearney19

kevinref

KilbrideJambo

Le Chat

leebo_driver

londonjambo

maryg

moyseuk2000

Mr God Awful Ugly

Mr God Awful Ugly

Mr JJ

No Nonsense

Only a Game !

paddyhmfc

Paisley Jambo

Paul_C

Peanut

portobellojambo1

Praha06

rab_2006

ronnie_fife

Rosewood

rudiskacel

Sconnie

sendmeaff

shaun.lawson

sked21

smike1874

Sooperstar

Sparky

Superted is a jambo

Tasavallan

Tazio

The Boo

The Future's Maroon

The Quote Man

Tott

Uberjambo

ukol

Ulysses

WalterEgo

winchester 73

yvonnejambo

JKB Euro 2008 Predictor

Gold Competition Rules

Because there's money involved, competitors are asked to read these carefully.

Entry: The competition is open to all JKB members in good standing. Competitors can submit a maximum of 2 entries. Each entry to the competition costs ?6. Entry fee payment methods will be as stated on this thread. An entry to the competition will only be deemed valid on receipt of the appropriate entry fee.

Entry Deadline: No entry will be accepted after 5 pm UK time on June 7. It is the responsibility of competitors to ensure that their entry fees arrive in time for that deadline. To enter, competitors need only to submit their entry fees. Competitors are not obliged to submit predictions before the entry deadline ? refer to the rule titled Prediction deadlines below.

Predictions: The competition requires competitors to predict the scoreline of all games played in the tournament. Competitors may submit predictions at any time (i)by posting on this thread (or any other designated competition thread); (ii) by sending predictions by Private Message or via the JKB email facility to Ulysses or to other designated members (known as the Predictor massive), (iii) by email to [email protected] (or any other designated competition email address).

Prediction deadlines: For convenience and ease of reference, Ulysses will post messages at intervals during the Euro 2008 tournament calling for predictions for groups of games. However, competitors may submit predictions at any time. Predictions for a game received after the official start time for the game will not be accepted. It is the sole responsibility of competitors to ensure that their predictions are posted in time. Neither Ulysses nor JKB Administration will accept responsibility for the late posting of any forecast because of error or failure in JKB or the email system.

"Blind" predictions: Competitors may submit "blind" predictions on the results of games in the knockout stages (e.g. predicting the result of Winner A v 2nd B). Once the teams playing in the tie are known, the "blind" predictions will be converted into valid actual predictions.

Competitors with multiple entries: Competitors are permitted to use any names for multiple entries, provided that such names do not clash with other competitors' names and are permitted by JKB Administration. These names must be chosen before 5 pm UK time on 7 June. Where competitors do not choose names for multiple entries, these will be automatically assigned, e.g. Ulysses1, Ulysses2, etc. Competitors must ensure that their predictions are clearly associated with a particular entry when submitted. Any prediction that is not clearly associated with a named entry will not be accepted.

Scoring: If a competitor predicts the overall result of a game correctly (e.g. Germany and Poland to draw), they will score 1 point. If a competitor predicts the exact scoreline correctly (e.g. Germany 0-0 Poland), they will score 3 points. The winner will be the competitor who scores the highest number of points.

Knockout games: Competitors are required to predict the result of knockout stage games at the end of normal time (i.e. excluding extra time and penalties).

Tie-break: If two or more competitors are tied in a prize-winning position on the same number of points, a tie-break will be used to decide the winner. The rules for the tie-break will be posted before the competition starts.

Exclusion from the competition: Any member who enters the competition and who is subsequently banned from JKB will be excluded from the competition. Any member who is suspended from posting on the board may continue to participate in the competition while suspended, unless JKB Administration decides otherwise. Any competitor excluded from the competition under this rule will not be entitled to a refund of their entry fee.

JKB Euro 2008 Predictor

Bronze Competition Rules

Entry: The competition is open to all JKB members in good standing. Competitors can submit a maximum of 1 entry. Entry to the competition is free. Members can enter the competition by posting on this thread (or any other designated competition thread)

Entry Deadline: No entry will be accepted after 5 pm UK time on June 7. To enter, competitors need only to declare their entry. Competitors are not obliged to submit predictions before the entry deadline ? refer to the rule titled Prediction deadlines below.

Predictions: The competition requires competitors to predict the scoreline of all games played in the tournament. Competitors may submit predictions at any time (i)by posting on this thread (or any other designated competition thread); (ii) by sending predictions by Private Message or via the JKB email facility to Ulysses or to other designated members (known as the Predictor massive), (iii) by email to [email protected] (or any other designated competition email address).

Prediction deadlines: For convenience and ease of reference, Ulysses will post messages at intervals during the Euro 2008 tournament calling for predictions for groups of games. However, competitors may submit predictions at any time. Predictions for a game received after the official start time for the game will not be accepted. It is the sole responsibility of competitors to ensure that their predictions are posted in time. Neither Ulysses nor JKB Administration will accept responsibility for the late posting of any forecast because of error or failure in JKB or the email system.

"Blind" predictions: Competitors may submit "blind" predictions on the results of games in the knockout stages (e.g. predicting the result of Winner A v 2nd B). Once the teams playing in the tie are known, the "blind" predictions will be converted into valid actual predictions.

Qualification stages: The Bronze Competition will be held in two stages.

The first stage will cover the first 16 games, finishing with the Greece v Russia game on the evening of 14 June. At the end of this stage, half of the competitors (those with the lowest scores) will be eliminated.

The remaining competitors will play in the second stage, which will cover all 15 remaining games in the tournament.

Competitors who qualify for each stage will carry their accumulated points scores throughout the competition.

Scoring: If a competitor predicts the overall result of a game correctly (e.g. Germany and Poland to draw), they will score 1 point. If a competitor predicts the exact scoreline correctly (e.g. Germany 0-0 Poland), they will score 3 points. The winner will be the competitor who scores the highest number of points.

Knockout games: Competitors are required to predict the result of knockout stage games at the end of normal time (i.e. excluding extra time and penalties).

Tie-break: If two or more competitors are tied for first place, or in a stage qualifying position on the same number of points, a tie-break will be used to decide the winner. The rules for the tie-break will be posted before the competition starts.

Exclusion from the competition: Any member who enters the competition and who is subsequently banned from JKB will be excluded from the competition. Any member who is suspended from posting on the board may continue to participate in the competition while suspended, unless JKB Administration decides otherwise.

Call for predictions

OK, we're on. Here's the first list of games.

Saturday, 7 June

17:00 Switzerland v Czech Republic

19:45 Portugal v Turkey

Sunday, 8 June

17:00 Austria v Croatia

19:45 Germany v Poland

shaun.lawson

Just sent you my 6 quid, Uly!

Switzerland 2-1 Czech Republic

Portugal 1-0 Turkey

Austria 1-1 Croatia

Germany 2-0 Poland

:mj_zivili:

Saturday, 7 June

17:00 Switzerland 0 v 1 Czech Republic

19:45 Portugal 2 v 0 Turkey

Sunday, 8 June

17:00 Austria 1 v 2 Croatia

19:45 Germany 3 v 0 Poland

Midloth_Iain

Both league's

Saturday, 7 June

17:00 Switzerland 1 v 1 Czech Republic

19:45 Portugal 2 v 1 Turkey

Sunday, 8 June

17:00 Austria 1 v 3 Croatia

19:45 Germany 2 v 0 Poland

ronnie_fife

Saturday, 7 June

17:00 Switzerland 1-1 Czech Republic

19:45 Portugal 2-0 Turkey

Sunday, 8 June

17:00 Austria 0-2 Croatia

19:45 Germany 3-0 Poland

billyboy38

Both

Saturday, 7 June

17:00 Switzerland 1-2 Czech Republic

19:45 Portugal 1-1 Turkey

Sunday, 8 June

17:00 Austria 0-3 Croatia

19:45 Germany 1 -0 Poland

Saturday, 7 June

17:00 Switzerland 0 v 0 Czech Republic

19:45 Portugal 1 v 1 Turkey

Sunday, 8 June

17:00 Austria 0 v 3 Croatia

19:45 Germany 2 v 1 Poland

Saturday, 7 June

17:00 Switzerland 1 - 0 Czech Republic

19:45 Portugal 2 - 1 Turkey

Sunday, 8 June

17:00 Austria 0 - 1 Croatia

19:45 Germany 3 - 0 Poland

Bronze only

Switz 1 Czech Rep 2

Portugal 2 Turkey 1

Germany 3 Poland 1

Austria 0 Croatia 1

John Findlay

Bronze only:

Saturday, 7 June

17:00 Switzerland 1 - 1 Czech Republic

19:45 Portugal 2 - 0 Turkey

Sunday, 8 June

17:00 Austria 1 - 3 Croatia

19:45 Germany 2 - 0 Poland

John

Sooperstar

Saturday, 7 June

17:00 Switzerland 0 v Czech Republic 1

19:45 Portugal 2 v Turkey 0

Sunday, 8 June

17:00 Austria 0 v Croatia 3

19:45 Germany 2 v Poland 1

Note. I asked to be included in both but only seem to be listed in the Gold. If I can still be included in Bronze also then,

Both

Saturday, 7 June

17:00 Switzerland 0-1 Czech Republic

19:45 Portugal 2-0 Turkey

Sunday, 8 June

17:00 Austria 0-1 Croatia

19:45 Germany 2 -0 Poland

Saturday, 7 June

17:00 Switzerland 2 v Czech Republic 2

19:45 Portugal 0 v Turkey 0

Sunday, 8 June

17:00 Austria 0 v Croatia 2