Webster needs more surgery

Ryan Gosling

JennyJambo
webster had the last laugh

Not sure about that one myself. :P

Yeah he walked, got his end result and ended up at Ibronx and yeah he got his ruling and stuck two fingers up at Vlad in the process but he's been crocked for long enough, his career is falling round his ears, his dream move has turned into a nightmare and he might just have aided a ruling which will cause chairmen and club owners up and down the country to curse his name.

I can't help but think that Vlad is probably the one left chuckling.

Webby? I very much doubt he's got anything to laugh about.

WorldChampions1902
Have we (HMFC, UBIG, Uncle Vlad, whomever) still not had any ??? for him?

That would appear to be the case given that the arbitration decision is now being contested. In which courts, I do not know.

I still cling to the hope that Vlad prevails in this saga and the nasty Hun get hit in the pocket big style. It will finally send a strong message to the gruesome twosome that Vlad is not to be messed with.

Rawrrrrrrr
That would appear to be the case given that the arbitration decision is now being contested. In which courts, I do not know.

I still cling to the hope that Vlad prevails in this saga and the nasty Hun get hit in the pocket big style. It will finally send a strong message to the gruesome twosome that Vlad is not to be messed with.

The CAS was the final decision

Hearts received what was set down in the Fifa rulebook, the final year of Websters contract (150k Approx)

Additionally we apparently paid out 15% of that to arbroath for some unknown reason

Once you take out our legal costs etc It almost undoubtadly cost us money rather than made us money

All he had to do was sign a new contract which would have been on much bigger wages. Play the rest of the season and become a cup winner.

Then ask for a move. Someone comes in with a good offer. Vlad likes it. He accepts it.

Ryan Gosling
The way I remember it is

Summer 05 - Media Talk Rangers Interested

Summer 05 - Webster Excused from training camp for family reasons

At time webster had just became a father and explaination given all that was going on felt best to give him some time off to settle

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/4671637.stm

The rest of your post is just...well.

Ryan Gosling
Not sure about that one myself. :P

Yeah he walked, got his end result and ended up at Ibronx and yeah he got his ruling and stuck two fingers up at Vlad in the process but he's been crocked for long enough, his career is falling round his ears, his dream move has turned into a nightmare and he might just have aided a ruling which will cause chairmen and club owners up and down the country to curse his name.

I can't help but think that Vlad is probably the one left chuckling.

Webby? I very much doubt he's got anything to laugh about.

He's ended up at Rangers on the same wages Hearts offered him, and he's not played football in nearly a year, and hasn't played regular football for 25 months.

He'll be pishing himself right enough.

Its O.K to hate Webster and Pressley and Levein because they are Judas's who left Hearts because they took more money as an incentive to forsake H.M.F.C. But it is OK to be orgasmic to want Mark McGee, who is leaving Motherwell (hopefully) to come to Hearts for more money:hobofish:

One of the laziest quotes Ive ever read on JKB:eek:

Is it really that easy to put Webster, Pressley and Levein in the same bracket?

Three different situations altogether.

Levein thought leaving was the only way to try and get into the premiership.

Elvis became ****ed off at the way things were going.

Webster was at the ham even before Burley turned up. He wanted out of Hearts, and was willing to do anything to get out.

I dont hate Pressley (although I'll always say the chest thumping carry on was the work of an arsehole)

I dont hate Levein, he left us on good terms.

I hate every single little fibre of Andy Webster, and will do until the day I die.

The three simply cannot be bunched together IMO

alwaysthereinspirit

Sometimes in life you just cant get away from "what goes around comes around"

Frankenstein Jambo.

I can't believe what I am reading here. You are all forgetting that we are talking about another human being, with a family and bills to pay. Right, he left Hearts on a bad note....so what! He was given bad advice by a dirty greedy agent and he became to confident about his ability. The lad made a mistake and he doesn't deserve the vile abuse he get on the board

You all make me sick by saying you want his career ruined and i'm ashamed to even call you all fellow hearts supporters. :mad::mad::mad:

I can't believe what I am reading here. You are all forgetting that we are talking about another human being, with a family and bills to pay. Right, he left Hearts on a bad note....so what! He was given bad advice by a dirty greedy agent and he became to confident about his ability. The lad made a mistake and he doesn't deserve the vile abuse he get on the board

You all make me sick by saying you want his career ruined and i'm ashamed to even call you all fellow hearts supporters. :mad::mad::mad:

I'm sorry :sad:

:laugh:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

ANDREW WEBSTER CAN LICK MY SWEATY SCROTUM. :mad::mad:

Some people on this thread should remember we're talking about another human being here.

The childish bitterness is well ott IMO.

And this from the same poster who wished serious harm on a player (who plays his club games for us) for diving. :confused:

Additionally we apparently paid out 15% of that to arbroath for some unknown reason

Because Vlads a nice man. ;)

He can also KISS MY BIG HAIRY ARSE.

Pants Shaton

Many (maybe most) of us would have done the same as Webster had we been in that situation.

Of course, as none of us ever will be, it's easy to adopt a highly moral position.

Nonetheless, Webster is undoubtedly a scrotum of the highest order.

ToadKiller Dog

Given that Webster in his short career has earned more than most of us would in 2 lifetimes ,if he has not invested some of that for long term then more fool him.Added to that the decision he helped now make ,might dump a few of his less well paid fellow professionals and there families on the dole.

I doubt he has money worries if he does i hear my local Mcdonalds are looking for staff.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Like i said i don't want the player to suffer from any injurys, and that includes disease.

Vlad did right on this one, in time-honoured tradition he'd been tapped up by Rangers for a move and the aim was for him to sit tight, sign nothing new with Hearts and then go to the huns in a cut-price deal when we started getting worried about losing him for nothing.

He was trying to shaft Hearts big-style in collusion with the huns, soh pheck him the scheming cheating juhdas phrick ahnd his bugghered khnees (with lots of "h's" to express my displeasure as seems to be the style on here these days).

The way I remember it is

Summer 05 - Media Talk Rangers Interested

Summer 05 - Webster Excused from training camp for family reasons

At time webster had just became a father and explaination given all that was going on felt best to give him some time off to settle

Early Season 05/06 - Webster Returns under burley, plays some of his best football as hearts romp away with the title

October 05 - Burley Dismissed, Webster form continues although hearts not as much

You missed out the rumours of Webster allegedly being caught talking to Rangers.

Late 05/Early 06 - Rumours of an 18k a week contract similar to gordons is offered

Feb 06 - Breaks that webster has turned down contract as doesnt want to renew at that time, no talk of leaving etc

Feb 06 - Dundee utd Fiasco

End of 05/06 Season - Webster dropped continually, comments made about him and his family

End Season 05/06 Webster having hardly featured uses a perfectly legit Fifa rule ro avoid another season of being benched

Beg of pre season 06/07 Webster taking away on pre season round the med, was also asked to sign a new deal and also to make his way to the airport for Germany/Austria.

Overall whilst I understand to a degree the bitterness shown to him I feel he had every right and probably made the correct choice to get out

Romanov had needlessly punished him for not renewing and in the process destroyed a multi million pound asset

I personally dont think webster deserves this treatment at all, he was our player and he would have remained so for at least 16 months after being dropped barring a substantial fee, instead romanov forced him out and webster had the last laugh

My opinion is Webster wanted a move to Rangers and fkd Hearts about to get it.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Like i said i don't want the player to suffer from any injurys, and that includes disease.

;)

I HOPE HE GETS PUBES IN HIS TEETH WHILE HE IS DOING IT. :mad:

MAHA

Frankenstein Jambo.
;)

I HOPE HE GETS PUBES IN HIS TEETH WHILE HE IS DOING IT. :mad:

MAHA

He might get a throat strain :P

Some people on this thread should remember we're talking about another human being here.

Call me a bitter child then, cos I hope the guy never ever hits the heights he looked destined for.

Hope he forever rues the day he thought he was bigger than my club.

Guest JamboRobbo
Call me a bitter child then, cos I hope the guy never ever hits the heights he looked destined for.

Hope he forever rues the day he thought he was bigger than my club.

Thats fair enough mate. Was aimed at those wishing injury etc.

:food-smiley-004:

And this from the same poster who wished serious harm on a player (who plays his club games for us) for diving. :confused:

Guest JamboRobbo

absolute rubbish.

Have to say I'd have preferred Jhudas Prehssley to get a serious injury. At least Webster didn't indulge in any despicable chest thumping antics.

If Webster ever gets a game HA HA HA and thumps his chest he'll probably be out for another month with broken ribs.Skiving Judas *******

absolute rubbish.

Correct me if i am wrong but during the Miko diving saga, you wished he would suffer serious harm as that is what divers deserve.

Guest JamboRobbo
Correct me if i am wrong but during the Miko diving saga, you wished he would suffer serious harm as that is what divers deserve.

rubbish

Guest casper
Sorry mate, but you are totally wrong on this one. Webster was first dropped when HE REFUSED TO TALK TO THE CLUB ABOUT A NEW CONTRACT ! He waited till the last day of the transfer window, then made it known that he would not talk about a new contract any more. Basically if the guy had it made it clear during the window, we could have punted the rat and got some decent money, rather the ******* played along that he wanted to stay then when the window shut he said **** you !

All those fans who made him to be a hero at dundee utd were spat on !

I fecking hate him ! and hope he never plays again !

Where have you been for the last 10 years.

Since Bosman players are perfectly entitled to see out the end of their contracts then walk away.

The question is though, since clubs are paying the players anyway, should they continue to play them and get their moneys worth or have them sitting in the stand for a year or 6 months.

In my opinion, if they are getting paid they should play whether they have 2 years, 6 months or 1 week left on their contract.

To do otherwise is cutting off you nose to spite your face.

Where have you been for the last 10 years.

Since Bosman players are perfectly entitled to see out the end of their contracts then walk away.

The question is though, since clubs are paying the players anyway, should they continue to play them and get their moneys worth or have them sitting in the stand for a year or 6 months.

In my opinion, if they are getting paid they should play whether they have 2 years, 6 months or 1 week left on their contract.

To do otherwise is cutting off you nose to spite your face.

Exactly, the manager should decide on the fitness, form and mentality of the player, not some Russian **** who has probably not seen the player in a game never mind training!

Mind you we have never had a manager!

Why is it OK to hate Webster, but not Pressley?

That's odd.

Webster couldn't get out of Hearts quick enough, he thought he was Billy big baws because Rangers fancied him and he'd made it into the Scotland team, if it wasn't for Hearts dragging him out of Arbroath, he might never have been the player he was, his lack of loyalty to us is the problem. Pressley's different, he was a year away from his testimonial and always said he wanted to continue at Hearts in different roles for many years to come. He did the "Riccarton 3" thing for his and his team-mates' concerns about the club, people tend to forget that! Remember being 2-0 down at Falkirk after Craig Gordon got sent off? Who was the one who pulled us out the shecht and scored 2 late goals to earn a draw? Could anyone at the club do that for us now?

Denny Crane
rubbish

Can you clarify what it was you actually said about the Miko dive at the time JR?

Jimmy McNulty

Yes. he does.

Have to say I'd have preferred Jhudas Prehssley to get a serious injury. At least Webster didn't indulge in any despicable chest thumping antics.[/quote]

Only because he has not had the opportunity to do so.

In my opinion he's a rat who knew full well what he was doing.

Hope he enjoys playing reserve team football at Wigan.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Webster saga I dont agree with this new Webster loophole thing. If you sign a contract that says your a paid employee for 4 years you should be made to see out those four years.

And Uefa/Fifa bottled it. Should have banned him for the length of time he would have had on his Hearts contract. It gets a little silly when players can just walk out of clubs. Whats next? This rule applying to all players contracts no matter what length or age.

Guest casper
Whatever the rights and wrongs of the Webster saga I dont agree with this new Webster loophole thing. If you sign a contract that says your a paid employee for 4 years you should be made to see out those four years.

And Uefa/Fifa bottled it. Should have banned him for the length of time he would have had on his Hearts contract. It gets a little silly when players can just walk out of clubs. Whats next? This rule applying to all players contracts no matter what length or age.

What Webster used was not a loophole. It was/is a Uefa/Fifa rule.

As for players walking out on their contracts, it's only a matter of time before somebody does it and Uefa/Fifa will be able to do nothing about it.

Why should football be any different from any other business. I can change employer any time I want and so one day will footballers and European employment law will allow them. Football as a whole better get used to the idea.

Have to say I'd have preferred Jhudas Prehssley to get a serious injury. At least Webster didn't indulge in any despicable chest thumping antics.[/quote]

Only because he has not had the opportunity to do so.

In my opinion he's a rat who knew full well what he was doing.

Hope he enjoys playing reserve team football at Wigan.

Webster hasn't had the chance to "thump his chest" against us yet, Pressley did that for two reasons, 1- Up yours Romanov, 2- as an ex-Rangers player, he wasn't excepted by a large majority of Celtic fans and he wanted to show them he was going to give his all for their team, he's the type of player that would do that no matter where he ended up, even Fester Road in Leith. His commitment has never been in doubt when he was at Hearts

1- Up yours Romanov, 2- as an ex-Rangers player, he wasn't excepted by a large majority of Celtic fans and he wanted to show them he was going to give his all for their team

His commitment has never been in doubt when he was at Hearts

Have you always been so gullible? :sad:

true-jambo
What Webster used was not a loophole. It was/is a Uefa/Fifa rule.

As for players walking out on their contracts, it's only a matter of time before somebody does it and Uefa/Fifa will be able to do nothing about it.

Why should football be any different from any other business. I can change employer any time I want and so one day will footballers and European employment law will allow them. Football as a whole better get used to the idea.

Indeed you can and that is right and proper. That said should you continuously fail to perform your duties to an acceptable standard you can be performance managed out of that business.

Wonder where that might leave some of our underperforming players last season?

Indeed you can and that is right and proper. That said should you continuously fail to perform your duties to an acceptable standard you can be performance managed out of that business.

Wonder where that might leave some of our underperforming players last season?

Webster was booted after some terrific performances - even after he started to get dropped for some games. Semi final vs Hibs a great case in point. Weeks after the Dundee United nonsense but Webster held the defence together despite all the injuries etc which were going on.

As for last year - we can only laugh really about the inadequacies of the likes of Kurskis or Ksnavicius. But the likes of Kingston, Pinilla, Nade etc took a lot of money and cheated the fans. They are far more worthy of abuse than Webster.

true-jambo
Webster was booted after some terrific performances - even after he started to get dropped for some games. Semi final vs Hibs a great case in point. Weeks after the Dundee United nonsense but Webster held the defence together despite all the injuries etc which were going on.

As for last year - we can only laugh really about the inadequacies of the likes of Kurskis or Ksnavicius. But the likes of Kingston, Pinilla, Nade etc took a lot of money and cheated the fans. They are far more worthy of abuse than Webster.

I didn't explain this very well, I was not suggesting for a minute that Webster underperformed, and indeed the semi final win owes a great deal to him. He played with three different partners during that one game, and we were never in any serious danger of losing. For what is worth I think he was the outstanding centre half in Scotland that season.

What I was trying to say was that footballers cannot cherry pick the parts of EU employment legislation eg serving notice, without accepting it all ie performance managed out if they fail to reach a satisfactory standard. I only ever hear them ask to be treated the same as any other employee when it is to their benefit.

Guest casper
What I was trying to say was that footballers cannot cherry pick the parts of EU employment legislation eg serving notice, without accepting it all ie performance managed out if they fail to reach a satisfactory standard. I only ever hear them ask to be treated the same as any other employee when it is to their benefit.

Whether it was football reasons or not Steven Pressleys contract was terminated, so it can be done. Like everybody else footballers would have to receive warnings before being sacked. In Hearts case, I'm sure that any player sacked for underperforming could successfully argue that they could not do their job properly because of the poor training and coaching they were receiving.

true-jambo
Whether it was football reasons or not Steven Pressleys contract was terminated, so it can be done. Like everybody else footballers would have to receive warnings before being sacked. In Hearts case, I'm sure that any player sacked for underperforming could successfully argue that they could not do their job properly because of the poor training and coaching they were receiving.

Or bought out, not the same thing!

Like I said performance managed out, and of course each case would be judged on it's own merits.

If we then got into injuries and sick pay, no doubt followed by claims for loss of earnings due to an industrial injury..........the whole thing becomes a nightmare.

All I am saying is why should footballers cherry pick the bits they like, can you?

However it is no

Have you always been so gullible? :sad:

Gullible!? What's wrong?, is Pressley not allowed to have an opinion on what happened? Am I, or other fans not allowed to express their views, or are they only allowed to if they agree with you? Go take a lie-down in a darkened room, i'm sure someone on JKB knows a REAL therapist to help you with your troubles, take care!

is Pressley not allowed to have an opinion on what happened?

He didn't state an opinion. He stated enough that, as with any other employer, he'd get the boot. Then he signed for ra sellik and got involved in a chest pumping return to Tynecastle......:rolleyes:

I think his final game for us was against Celtic at Darkheid. He was superb that night and head and shoulders against anyone else on the park. He really should have gone on to become a Scotland great. However he's wasting the critical years between 25 and 28 when a player develops from an established promising player into a quality experienced defender. If he misses another season IMO he's ****ed at the top level. Another Paul Ritchie I'm afraid.

Archived