Webster needs more surgery

Ryan Gosling

You always hear people saying "you never want anyone to have to go through career threatning injuries".

Well, this case is clearly an exception to the rule. :)

davemclaren

An interesting quote from Walter.

"His case is still to be settled. Although there is a ruling, they're saying it will be challenged by clubs if anyone tries to do the same thing. It's not as straightforward as some people think. It wouldn't be like Andy's case, where he came to us and was able to play."

Is he saying that the Webster case was fine as a one off, but Rangers ( and others ) don't want anyone doing it to them. Or have I had too much wine? :wacko:

MacDonald Jardine
An interesting quote from Walter.

"His case is still to be settled. Although there is a ruling, they're saying it will be challenged by clubs if anyone tries to do the same thing. It's not as straightforward as some people think. It wouldn't be like Andy's case, where he came to us and was able to play."

Is he saying that the Webster case was fine as a one off, but Rangers ( and others ) don't want anyone doing it to them. Or have I had too much wine? :wacko:

I'm sure he is.

I can't see this rule lasting too long if one of the big clubs challenges it.

Why is it OK to hate Webster, but not Pressley?

That's odd.

davemclaren

That's odd.

Personally, I've no hatred for Webster at all. He used a loophole to get out of his contract. Fair play to him for having a clever agent. :)

MacDonald Jardine
Personally, I've no hatred for Webster at all. He used a loophole to get out of his contract. Fair play to him for having a clever agent. :)

Personally, I do.

cosanostra

I can't find any sympathy for the guy at all.

His treatment of Hearts was horrible.

Its O.K to hate Webster and Pressley and Levein because they are Judas's who left Hearts because they took more money as an incentive to forsake H.M.F.C. But it is OK to be orgasmic to want Mark McGee, who is leaving Motherwell (hopefully) to come to Hearts for more money:hobofish:

davemclaren
Its O.K to hate Webster and Pressley and Levein because they are Judas's who left Hearts because they took more money as an incentive to forsake H.M.F.C. But it is OK to be orgasmic to want Mark McGee, who is leaving Motherwell (hopefully) to come to Hearts for more money:hobofish:

MM might well explicitly break his contract as well. :)

Guest gorgie kev

That's odd.

They are both rhats of the highest order.And if whebster never plays again i will be happy.:):)

cosanostra

I like Pressley and Levein, both great players and all round good guys.

Don't like Webster though. He stabbed the club in the back and sneaked out the back door into the whole Wigan / Hun thing. Very underhand.

Can't believe he's 26 now. The guy really needs to get his career back on track.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Is it wrong to hope that the anaethestist uses too little anaesthetic? ;)

Boab Mugabe

I hope he plays again.

In this one game that he plays, I hope for him to score an own goal against us and suffer a career-ending injury in the same move. :)

Ryan Gosling
I hope he plays again.

In this one game that he plays, I hope for him to score an own goal against us and suffer a career-ending injury in the same move. :)

I like your style.

Denny Crane
I can't find any sympathy for the guy at all.

His treatment of Hearts was horrible.

Lest we forget his actions hurt Arbroath too. Their cut from any ?1m plus transfer that we would have been hoping for had we sold him via the usual method(s) would have been higher than the paltry amount they did get. Indeed, it could have gone a long way in securing the future of the youth programme that they have there - the same which discovered Webster himself with said player praising it to the hilt when he signed for us and later when he won that first Scotland cap. Seems the daft boy forgot his roots in chasing Premiership gold.

The Future's Maroon

No sympathy at all, How much football has he actually played since leaving Hearts?

No sympathy at all, How much football has he actually played since leaving Hearts?

According to Wikipedia he played 4 times for Wigan and 1 time for Rangers.

I'd laugh if Rangers didn't take up the option to buy him.

Smoked-Glass

was kinka hoping he'd be ready to play for Scotland come September.

Never mind, haha.

Rudolf's Mate

Looks like my reply to Gambo yesterday..........

I think AW is a good defender with huge potential however I have a funny feeling that he's going to be injury stricken for the rest of his career!!!

May just have been spot on!!!

troonjambo
I'm sure he is.

I can't see this rule lasting too long if one of the big clubs challenges it.

and it needs to be challanged it really is a blueprint for clubs abandoning youth policys en mass if the "webster" became commonly used

Guest JamboRobbo

Some people on this thread should remember we're talking about another human being here.

The childish bitterness is well ott IMO.

jambos are go!

The bit in the Sunday Mail suggests that the legal wrangle about Webster may not be over. Smith seems to suggest that too. It may also explain RRs remark at the AGM taht Rangers will live to regret the Webster deal. At the time I thought he meant they might be stung by the same clause but perhaps he meant that they may yet have to stump up proper compensation. On the other hand I thought Abritration ruling was uncontestable.

ToadKiller Dog
Some people on this thread should remember we're talking about another human being here.

The childish bitterness is well ott IMO.

Would it be ok if he was a chimpanzee? .

Was his behavior not childish when he insulted hearts fans in the main stand ,when he allowed his employee to say he would no longer discus anything with the club on the very day the club had an important game?

I understand why some have gone OTT its part of human nature to enjoy the greedy fail,me personally i no longer give a flying **** about him ,he will register as no more than a footnote in the history of our club ,we should leave him behind us just like his career might be for him.

Spellczech

I like the idea of Rangers having had to pay his wages for a year and a half for nil return too. I?m sure they were not innocent in all of this...

Benny Factor

That clever an agent, that he nearly cost his client ?625k.

Never wish a career threatening injury on any player.

Football used to be a working man's game, working people who subscribed to the "right to work" and who fought for better working conditions. Andy Webster well and truly stuffed Hearts. But he has a right to a livelihood.

Cannot believe the right-wing rubbish that gets posted here.

Anyway, must go. I've got good to do, hands to wring, tears to shed, unknown people's deaths to grieve, and my Pressley fan-mail to write.

Gigolo-Aunt

The Webster abuse has not always sat right with me.

If I remember right, he was in contract negotians with us. He was then left out of the side due to meddling - the meddling then resulted in him cancelling the negotiations and stating he wanted to leave. He then used a loophole to get out. Something that IMO will be a huge can of worms when a major player at a major club tries to impose.

The meddling which rightly ****ed him off is something that we have all moaned about for the last two years.

Think the whole episode could have been handled so much better from both sides.

Dont really wish him the worst as some Hearts fans do. We have really missed him on the park and IMO not replaced Webster with a player of the same quality.

I realise he wanted to leave the previous summer, but it did look like he was happy to hang around after some dialogue with Burley.

Rawrrrrrrr

The way I remember it is

Summer 05 - Media Talk Rangers Interested

Summer 05 - Webster Excused from training camp for family reasons

At time webster had just became a father and explaination given all that was going on felt best to give him some time off to settle

Early Season 05/06 - Webster Returns under burley, plays some of his best football as hearts romp away with the title

October 05 - Burley Dismissed, Webster form continues although hearts not as much

Late 05/Early 06 - Rumours of an 18k a week contract similar to gordons is offered

Feb 06 - Breaks that webster has turned down contract as doesnt want to renew at that time, no talk of leaving etc

Feb 06 - Dundee utd Fiasco

End of 05/06 Season - Webster dropped continually, comments made about him and his family

End Season 05/06 Webster having hardly featured uses a perfectly legit Fifa rule ro avoid another season of being benched

Overall whilst I understand to a degree the bitterness shown to him I feel he had every right and probably made the correct choice to get out

Romanov had needlessly punished him for not renewing and in the process destroyed a multi million pound asset

I personally dont think webster deserves this treatment at all, he was our player and he would have remained so for at least 16 months after being dropped barring a substantial fee, instead romanov forced him out and webster had the last laugh

Toxteth O'Grady

Romanov had needlessly punished him for not renewing and in the process destroyed a multi million pound asset

I personally dont think webster deserves this treatment at all, he was our player and he would have remained so for at least 16 months after being dropped barring a substantial fee, instead romanov forced him out and webster had the last laugh

This seems to be something that Romanov has shown some consistency with.

If a player refuses a new contract they are finished with Hearts. I don't really agree with with it but it looks like thats the way it his with VR.

Rawrrrrrrr
This seems to be something that Romanov has shown some consistency with.

If a player refuses a new contract they are finished with Hearts. I don't really agree with with it but it looks like thats the way it his with VR.

I can see the theory behind it with Tall and the last few games, but Romanov seems to offer new deals about 18 months before it ends and then freezes them out for 18 months

It doesnt work

Webster should never have been frozen out,had he left for a free at the end of the contract we still wouldnt be much worse off

Toxteth O'Grady
I can see the theory behind it with Tall and the last few games, but Romanov seems to offer new deals about 18 months before it ends and then freezes them out for 18 months

It doesnt work

Webster should never have been frozen out,had he left for a free at the end of the contract we still wouldnt be much worse off

Aye and Basso will probably be the same. He looked excellent against Killie but knocked back a contract offer so he'll probably get paid for doing nothing now until his contract runs out.

super_vlad
The Webster abuse has not always sat right with me.

If I remember right, he was in contract negotians with us. He was then left out of the side due to meddling - the meddling then resulted in him cancelling the negotiations and stating he wanted to leave. He then used a loophole to get out. Something that IMO will be a huge can of worms when a major player at a major club tries to impose.

The meddling which rightly ****ed him off is something that we have all moaned about for the last two years.

Think the whole episode could have been handled so much better from both sides.

Dont really wish him the worst as some Hearts fans do. We have really missed him on the park and IMO not replaced Webster with a player of the same quality.

I realise he wanted to leave the previous summer, but it did look like he was happy to hang around after some dialogue with Burley.

Sorry mate, but you are totally wrong on this one. Webster was first dropped when HE REFUSED TO TALK TO THE CLUB ABOUT A NEW CONTRACT ! He waited till the last day of the transfer window, then made it known that he would not talk about a new contract any more. Basically if the guy had it made it clear during the window, we could have punted the rat and got some decent money, rather the ******* played along that he wanted to stay then when the window shut he said **** you !

All those fans who made him to be a hero at dundee utd were spat on !

I fecking hate him ! and hope he never plays again !

Have to say I'd have preferred Jhudas Prehssley to get a serious injury. At least Webster didn't indulge in any despicable chest thumping antics.

Wow there's a shock.

ToadKiller Dog

Webster played a good few games around 8 games? after the Dundee united fiasco game ending i think with the 1-0 loss at parkhed .

He was rightly dropped imo for the united game as he let his employee fudd release a statement to the press on the day of that game that there will be no more negotiations .

History should not be rewritten ,webster was out of order that day.

Have we (HMFC, UBIG, Uncle Vlad, whomever) still not had any ??? for him?

Archived